View Full Version : more rewards for Lb

Puntus
08-15-2013, 07:54 PM
I think if one player end the season in lb should win more than banner , banner its ok and cool , but the hard work for this player need a better reward , my suggestion is like u did with timed run event , all players inthis list have a chance to obtain the best item in game ( obviously arcane item or pet ) or win platinium , when The season 1 was ended and started season2 I remember an old friend ing olafo he got stay in lb warriors in season 1 and when he told me the reward its a banner I disappointed a bit , well the banners re cool and looks cool , but my suggestion its added new reward banner and plat or arcane item like event timed run ( in even timed run the rogues and mages more benefited than warriors ( without maul ) because u do the warriors rols as a tank and cant compete in timed runs with rogues or mages , but can compete in others lb )
I hope u like it my idea , anyways good job sts

Taejo
08-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Leaderboards are more of a side objective to the game, and really just an avenue to bragging rights (for those who care so much) in all of the Legends titles. Since they are far from being an equal opportunity objective for players to pursue, it would simply be unfair to reward anyone with arcane weapons, pets or platinum. STS saw the negative feedback that came from the Timed Runs Competition, and they're smart enough to not let history repeat itself. I would imagine their goal when implementing any idea is to strongly consider the consequences and impact on the entire fanbase - keeping the majority happy, while still respecting the minority (end-gamers and LB spot holders).

Another major problem with this idea lies with the amount of twinks on the PvP LBs. That 'sect' of players in the game creates nothing but controversy and a negative repute within the community. Any implementation of further rewarding them in addition to the seasonal banners will create an explosion of chaos for STS to have to deal with.

Leaderboard spots are just an added incentive to bolster the competitive environment within the game. Just be happy with your banner and screenshot of your name on the board. After each season is over, not many players even care about the last.

These are my opinions. And to make a statement of credibility towards these opinions: I am currently on one of the leaderboards.

Puntus
08-15-2013, 08:30 PM
dam , im agreed with u , u explain very good ur opinion , ok lets change suggestion , what is ur opinion if in every season the leaderboard resets? take the defamed suggestion and complemented with mine , lb with season and lb all seasons

Taejo
08-15-2013, 08:55 PM
dam , im agreed with u , u explain very good ur opinion , ok lets change suggestion , what is ur opinion if in every season the leaderboard resets? take the defamed suggestion and complemented with mine , lb with season and lb all seasons

I really like the idea of there being "Lifetime" and "Seasonal" stats for each player - seasonal being the stats that are entered onto the leaderboard. Like I said above, the leaderboard is just a competitive side-objective for players to pursue, so only having one (which is seasonal) makes more sense than two when considering the logistics for STS to maintain them. The lifetime stats could be viewed simply by inspecting other players. Unfortunately, this seemingly logical suggestion has been brought up in Pocket, Star, Dark and Arcane Legends multiple times and, to my knowledge, no changes or talks of changes from the Devs have ever been made. There might be a rather complex reason which they don't feel they need to explain or maybe they want people to concentrate more on the content of the game and have fun rather than worry about the leaderboards and receiving a banner. After playing all of the Legends titles (aside from Dark Legends past its first month), Arcane Legends seems to have the most in-depth LB of them all, so it's still a mystery to me why they haven't commented on this idea. But if anyone has seen an actual comment to this, please post a link!

Again, even if the above change is added, twinks will still have the opportunity to run the PvP boards, unless they changed it so only L35/36 players can enter PvP. This, however, would create a larger disaster for STS - they would lose a significant amount of revenue from players buying plat and opening crates for their twinks, along with the entire twink player base. That is lose-lose for them, so probably will never happen.

I think leaderboards are best to just be ignored unless you're already on them and can maintain your spot. We'd all like the opportunity to be in the spotlight, but sometimes its simply out of our reach.