PDA

View Full Version : Armor and damage passives, why don't they show on your stats

djironlung
08-16-2013, 11:46 AM
have you ever noticed how aromr and damage passives don't change your stats that you can visibly check. they seem to make a difference but do they really? can sts please make it so they make the appropriate changes on your stats sheet so you can actually see what difference they make and that they actually do make a change or are we just wasting our passive points. Please STS make this change.

Messuup
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
have you ever noticed how aromr and damage passives don't change your stats that you can visibly check. they seem to make a difference but do they really? can sts please make it so they make the appropriate changes on your stats sheet so you can actually see what difference they make and that they actually do make a change or are we just wasting our passive points. Please STS make this change.

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember and I figured it would have been corrected by now. I'm not sure if this has been looked into or not, but I would also like to see this fixed. The real question is, do these passives ACTUALLY make a difference if they are not reflected on our stats? I would hate to know that I am wasting valuable points on something that is not working as promised. With all the support given by the players to STS, I would ask that they support the players in this on going issue.

Bless
08-16-2013, 01:51 PM
They do reflect onto our character but we cant see it - behind the scenes process. They do work however.

Confirmed by devs.

JaytB
08-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Here's the official STS/G thread about it...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=79913

Messuup
08-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Here's the official STS/G thread about it...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=79913

Thanks for the link. I'm sure that they have been working hard on other things since then cuz AL rocks, but I would have figured it could have been fixed since then. Could the devs look into having this corrected as part of the expansion that is dropping on August 29, 2013?

djironlung
08-16-2013, 08:33 PM
however according to that post they would be fixed that was In Feb it's mid August that's why I'm asking to see this fix be made

Bless
08-16-2013, 08:42 PM
They said they probs wont fix it. Its just a visual flaw that youll have to cope with.

"If its not broken why fix it"

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-17-2013, 01:26 AM
we can't see it (but if its really there) therefore its broken. They managed to fix the invisible shadow gun in less than a week. Why can't they do the same for the passives?

Ebezaanec
08-17-2013, 01:29 AM
There are many numbers that are being calculated behind the scenes of the game that no regular player knows of... So to say it is broken is jumping to conclusions.

It is not broken, it is just not displaying as working.

matanofx
08-17-2013, 03:38 AM
It is broken, very simply explained too.

If a pet gives me +15% dmg but my avatar only shows whatever amount of dmg i had before, it is broken, its not showing the correct dmg i do at that point.

Im not asking to see crazy math stats on my avatar, simply the correct dmg and armor.

Ebezaanec
08-17-2013, 06:36 AM
There are currently display bugs with the Passive Abilities that improve Armor, Damage and Critical Chance. All abilities are functioning correctly, but they are not correctly reflected in the Character Statistics displayed in the Avatar tab.

Critical Chance - this bug will be corrected in a coming patch to correctly increment the display of Critical Chance.

Armor and Damage displays will be corrected in a future update.

Again, all three of these passives are changing actual combat functionality, but are not updating stats in the Avatar tab.

What Sam said...

djironlung
08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
and what that said is they WILL correct them in a future updates it's August that post was Feb so let them be fixed already then

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM
transferred all my points from durability and damage to other skill, didn't have any noticeable effect.

Jexetta
08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
As a damage class I feel I can definitely see the +dmg increase when I use it as a passive or through buffs such as shadow veil, pet happiness bonuses, or say an orion pet buff. I have no question in my mind that it works because anyone that knows me, knows I test things to death and I have tested it. I personally have no issue with the dmg stat not being shown if I know it's working.

That being said.... the issue I have is through pet buffs, weapon procs, and character abilities. We all know that certain buffs will not stack with one another so my question is - how are we to know what dmg buff abilities stack or not? If say... I run shadow veil with +15% dmg, then run orion and use his ability - will that stack to 25%? What about armor buffs stacking? If a mage is standing in shadow veil, then casts gale w/ armor increase will he get both % increases? There are plenty of other variants of this question that would take some time to test and is a little annoying to even pull the numbers out. Just having the stats show up would be really great.