PDA

View Full Version : Why have the Sons of Anarchy players been losing intentionally to me all day?

csb
08-16-2013, 09:47 PM
I have had lots of attacks from Sons of Anarchy players since yesterday. They repeatedly lose with 0%. They seem to be sending me to the top of the leader board, while trying to lose all their trophies.

Is this the current new best tactic? Win by giving your opponents more cups?

DocDoBig
08-17-2013, 02:17 AM
How much gold and sheeps have they farmed?

moonway03
08-17-2013, 03:24 AM
We have our own plan.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Darko
08-17-2013, 04:50 AM
:)good response moon

glengon
08-17-2013, 04:59 AM
I have had lots of attacks from Sons of Anarchy players since yesterday. They repeatedly lose with 0%. They seem to be sending me to the top of the leader board, while trying to lose all their trophies.

Is this the current new best tactic? Win by giving your opponents more cups?
Lol its too hard so I'm losing trophies to go down. Nothing else. My base isn't good enough for that level. Its not a tactic or anything. Its just common sense. Since I can't fight at that lvl I should down for a while

glengon
08-17-2013, 05:47 AM
How much gold and sheeps have they farmed?
We havent farmed any. We are just giving away trophies to other players lol -_-. As samhayne said, if youre getting crushed at your trophy level, you probably should go down and improve your base first. Thats all. Im guessing while i was losing my trophies, Csb was the first player I met everytime, so naturally he would get the trophies.

DocDoBig
08-17-2013, 05:58 AM
We havent farmed any. We are just giving away trophies to other players lol -_-. As samhayne said, if youre getting crushed at your trophy level, you probably should go down and improve your base first. Thats all. Im guessing while i was losing my trophies, Csb was the first player I met everytime, so naturally he would get the trophies.

Lol nice, my bad.

Rare
08-17-2013, 06:05 AM
We have our own plan.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

toth
08-17-2013, 12:27 PM
I didn't notice other players, but I saw "The", has lost a bunch of trophies. additionally, I saw that he left SOA temporarily. Maybe to reset his donation count? interesting.

edit: I look at the boards. THE has lost more PVP trophies and is not in Sons of Anarchy tribe. Garudon has increased drastically in trophies. I suspect boosting

does NOT seem very sportsmanlike

Multibird
08-17-2013, 04:12 PM
I didn't notice other players, but I saw "The", has lost a bunch of trophies. additionally, I saw that he left SOA temporarily. Maybe to reset his donation count? interesting.

edit: I look at the boards. THE has lost more PVP trophies and is not in Sons of Anarchy tribe. Garudon has increased drastically in trophies. I suspect boosting

does NOT seem very sportsmanlike
He couldn't find you :(

toth
08-17-2013, 04:17 PM

hmm?

Darko
08-17-2013, 10:59 PM

The is in soa and akways has been, itbbglitches from time to time allowing people are guildless on lb... plain and simple we all hadb tons of trophies from beta. . When bases were basic .. now with paying players we just need to take a step back and regroup is all.... too say we are boosting trophieswhen we purposely lost over 7000 is a little off don't you think...we were tired of being attacked byb the same three people over n over again...
??

toth
08-18-2013, 09:42 AM
The is in soa and akways has been, itbbglitches from time to time allowing people are guildless on lb... plain and simple we all hadb tons of trophies from beta. . When bases were basic .. now with paying players we just need to take a step back and regroup is all.... too say we are boosting trophieswhen we purposely lost over 7000 is a little off don't you think...we were tired of being attacked byb the same three people over n over again...
??

I don't really care much, but it is a fact that "the" has left the tribe temporarily. Otherwise how would he be matched up with Garudon and others ? Like I said, I don't care. I talked to Garudon and we sorted it out.

Toth

Rare
08-18-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't really care much, but it is a fact that "the" has left the tribe temporarily. Otherwise how would he be matched up with Garudon and others ? Like I said, I don't care. I talked to Garudon and we sorted it out.

Toth

Though, it should really be noted that its a lot harder boosting than to just dump trophies.

So I'm not sure this was the case.

toth
08-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Though, it should really be noted that its a lot harder boosting than to just dump trophies.

So I'm not sure this was the case.

It is pretty clear from these images below. However, It does not really matter because after these images were taken, The purposely lost to me. It seems like he is intentionally losing to anyone he sees, but Garudon happened to be showing up first.

moonway03
08-18-2013, 06:38 PM

Toth

If you dont care much,then u shouldnt reply to this thread at all.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
08-19-2013, 08:55 AM
If you dont care much,then u shouldnt reply to this thread at all.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Well, its a valid point. And brings up questionable actions. With all the people that care so much about leaderboards, why would it not be brought up?

There are a lot of questionable things that happen in this game. Like people using alts to give themselves gaurdians. If you don't want questionable things coming to light, don't do questionable things.

Bookmark
08-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Well, its a valid point. And brings up questionable actions. With all the people that care so much about leaderboards, why would it not be brought up?

There are a lot of questionable things that happen in this game. Like people using alts to give themselves gaurdians. If you don't want questionable things coming to light, don't do questionable things.

This entire post is arbitrary. "Questionable things" is relative to a person's perception. E.g. "How did he gain so many trophies in one day!?" "Why waste hard earned money on pearls!?" "Why is my tribe so inactive!?" "Why are you so newbie!?"

You get the idea. You rather want all players to play this game in the same gaming style? What's the fun in that?

Rare
08-19-2013, 11:21 AM
This entire post is arbitrary. "Questionable things" is relative to a person's perception. E.g. "How did he gain so many trophies in one day!?" "Why waste hard earned money on pearls!?" "Why is my tribe so inactive!?" "Why are you so newbie!?"

You get the idea. You rather want all players to play this game in the same gaming style? What's the fun in that?

No, don't get me wrong. I couldn't care less about trophies or if there was boosting involved, or anything like that. Only stating that for those that DO care about trophies, this thread makes a valid point.

Edit: And actually, let me correct myself. You are right. The OP is arbitrary. I was actually referring to someone else's posts within the thread about the possible boosting.

Darko
08-19-2013, 01:26 PM
The funny thing about all these posts us we went from 55000 trophiesto 42000 and peopke think we are trophy boosting... very comical

toth
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
The funny thing about all these posts us we went from 55000 trophiesto 42000 and peopke think we are trophy boosting... very comical

I posted about that like 2 days ago when it was only really The and Garudon swapping spots. I have talked to Garudon and he filled me in, I don't really care any more. Also, The has purposely lost to me, so clearly I have ruled any sort of boosting out.

:)

rkp71
08-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Ya, it basically is boosting. Player The left the tribe so his tribe mates could attack him repeatedly. Ofcourse they lost trophies since The went from 5000 down to 24. But others gained some of the points The lost. The is likely not the only one in their tribe that did it. If just one other did this it would drop their total tribe trophies down 10k. No doubt they came up with a scheme to adjust some ranks and move some trophies around as well as lower themselves out of pvp ranges. I find it pretty lame, but hey thats just my opinion.

Applejaqs
08-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Ya, it basically is boosting. Player The left the tribe so his tribe mates could attack him repeatedly. Ofcourse they lost trophies since The went from 5000 down to 24. But others gained some of the points The lost. The is likely not the only one in their tribe that did it. If just one other did this it would drop their total tribe trophies down 10k. No doubt they came up with a scheme to adjust some ranks and move some trophies around as well as lower themselves out of pvp ranges. I find it pretty lame, but hey thats just my opinion.

Don't reply with such negativity if you don't know what happened.

1. No one attacked The.
2. The dropped to 0 trophies to farm the dh 9 people who stay there to build with full resources
3. The attacked whoever he saw as toth said in either this thread or the one in bugs. Not going to look for it. As for the adjust ranks part, no clue what you mean.
4. You can't lower yourself out of the pvp range...
5 (Out of order). Look up the definition of boosting.

rkp71
08-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Then why leave tribe to do it? Have The post their battle history here and maybe I'll believe it. If your not The how do you know who attacked them? Why didn't you just post the definition here for all to see? If losing tophies does't change pvp why drop to zero trophies just to pvp again. It obviously changes something. I said it was just my opinion, you don't have to like it or respond to it.

Darko
08-19-2013, 10:57 PM
tires of these accusations fahad is an example (2000 trophies now) he 0% me like six times to get down to zero to build up his base. We didn't go all over forums crying about it....ur trophies get high enoughbu have to lower to compete...probably thr best base in all of bd has neve pvpd...they just sit in guardian (xxsaraixx) is that cheating cause they r smart...geesh

Garudon
08-20-2013, 08:04 AM
First off, I am not aware of some global conspiracy to keep you guys down by padding other player's trophy counts. Perhaps your therapist should adjust your meds. Second, as mentioned before, Fahad and others repeatedly attacked me to drop their trophy counts. If they want to have a low trophy count, that's their choice. I can't stop players from attacking me and running. With the lag in finding targets after pressing next, I don't blame them for moving down. It sucks always getting the same 5 or so players before being forced into a battle where you either lose 15 trophies or use a 100k+ resource army to get 15 trophies and 10000 or fewer resources. Last, this is PVP. There is a solution provided in game. Take them away from me. Only Toth seems to have the balls to do so. I don't hide in guardian, so feel free to try. If you deserve to be higher ranked, this shouldn't be a scary option nor an unrealistic challenge...

Props to Toth for taking it to the battlefield!

Bookmark
08-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Then why leave tribe to do it? Have The post their battle history here and maybe I'll believe it. If your not The how do you know who attacked them? Why didn't you just post the definition here for all to see? If losing tophies does't change pvp why drop to zero trophies just to pvp again. It obviously changes something. I said it was just my opinion, you don't have to like it or respond to it.

I'm The. Please stop with the accusations with no proof. Why should I prove myself to you when you have no evidence yourself?

The game has glitches and one of them happened to be players appearing 'tribeless' even though they are not. Go to the technical bugs section as proof. What definition are you refering to? My battle history?

What changes are you referring to regarding losing trophies in pvp?

Applejaqs is not me. But we constantly chat with each other in the tribe. We have a close-knit tribe.

You don't have to like this post nor respond to it as well ;)

Rare
08-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Don't reply with such negativity if you don't know what happened.

2. The dropped to 0 trophies to farm the dh 9 people who stay there to build with full resources
4. You can't lower yourself out of the pvp range...

These are incorrect. Just FYI. Well, maybe not 2. I dunno about his intent. But changing trophies also changes your pvp opponents. And definitely not just DH9s.

rkp71
08-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Then perhaps they should implement a negative number system, so you never lose trophies. You lose a match you get a negative 15, which doesnt take away from trophy count but needs to be overcome before you start gaining trophies again. So if your trophy count was 1000 and you lost 50 trophies, your trophy count stays at 1000 but you have to earn 51 trophies before your trophy count moves to 1001.

I highly doubt spacetime designed the game so players could go lose all their trophies in a day to adjust their pvp opponents. Just like when pvp came out for AL people found ways to bring their pets in even though pets were not allowed. I personally don't like the attitude of "well, if the game lets me do it then it must be ok."

And thanks for admitting they are lowering trophy count so they can farm different people. Still seems like boosting to me. So they are not doing it to boost trophies, instead so they can boost sheep and gold.

Darko
08-20-2013, 11:25 AM
So, by that logic people who sit on resoources and purposely don't pvp to get trophies so nobody can attack them are wrong because "the game lets them" they choose to sit on resoources and build, some choose to pvp and gain trophies, some spend money in game, some spend zero money and farm their way to wealth...how is that any different than any sts game. ?? Everybody plays the game their own way...to be in top ten in trophies and compete ur base better be great.....? People find best ways to farm and best maps....sometimes its an easier lower level boss...I remember in sl evevrybody would farm the miner even though it was lower level. ..this is what people are doing. its called being smart....just how in al ill farm a level that is worth it...I'm farming here where its worth...SOA has some of the best farmers/players in sts history...its logic. ..do I attack a tough base, use 100k worth of troops for a little payout, or do I use 10k worth of troops for 100k worth of resources?? Hmmm tough choice...look at the bases, multi, hayzz, darkko, chromex, etc....all have been built using zero real life money and just farming....

rkp71
08-20-2013, 12:31 PM
No, by that logic they are using a game design, instead of a game flaw. Spacetime designed it so people don't have to pvp. I doubt they designed it for people to just go automatically lose all their trophies. I agree, the pvp matching is lacking. I don't agree with taking advantage of loops in the system being used as exploits.

Rare
08-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Then perhaps they should implement a negative number system, so you never lose trophies. You lose a match you get a negative 15, which doesnt take away from trophy count but needs to be overcome before you start gaining trophies again. So if your trophy count was 1000 and you lost 50 trophies, your trophy count stays at 1000 but you have to earn 51 trophies before your trophy count moves to 1001.

I highly doubt spacetime designed the game so players could go lose all their trophies in a day to adjust their pvp opponents. Just like when pvp came out for AL people found ways to bring their pets in even though pets were not allowed. I personally don't like the attitude of "well, if the game lets me do it then it must be ok."

And thanks for admitting they are lowering trophy count so they can farm different people. Still seems like boosting to me. So they are not doing it to boost trophies, instead so they can boost sheep and gold.

That's not boosting. That's losing battles. If STS changes it, fine. But right now, its part of the game. And has been since the beginning. And its been discussed openly. Everyone knows that trophies are the most heavily weighted metric for determing PVP opponents.

I've said many times in many different threads that PVP opponents should be based on DH level. Not trophy count. The fact that trophy count even matters makes no sense to me as it has NO bearing on the skill level of the player. However, STS chose not to change this. They did add, to some degree I guess, DH level as a metric. But to be honest, I haven't seen a bit of difference.

So, based on this, I'm pretty sure STS knows what is going on, and has chosen to go this route.

Rare
08-20-2013, 12:42 PM
No, by that logic they are using a game design, instead of a game flaw. Spacetime designed it so people don't have to pvp. I doubt they designed it for people to just go automatically lose all their trophies. I agree, the pvp matching is lacking. I don't agree with taking advantage of loops in the system being used as exploits.

Its not an exploit. It has been brought to STS's attention several times. And developers have responded. And they haven't changed anything. Those things together indicate it works as expected.

BTW... your "flaw" is no different that Darko's "feature"

Darko
08-20-2013, 12:45 PM

They designed it so people don't have to pvp??? Huh come again.. , so what, u just design a fortress and never use it.?? Lol come on....pvp is. 100% involved , u will be attacked, guaranteed....this isn't sim city where u build a pretty city and watch it flourish...its attack/be attacked....to me it almost sounds like jealousy..... btw most of SOA was around at beta launch....when all the resources were devs with pimped out bases...we gained trophies fast because everybody was new... now with more people, our trophy count put us at a disadvantage because we didnt have a chance to build up resources..samhayne has already publically said if you cant compete at that trophy level, figure outta way to strengthen ur base to compete......thats what we did....bottomline

rkp71
08-20-2013, 12:50 PM
It's more like a work in progress for spacetime, I have no doubt some pvp aspects will change. But as a by product of lowering your trophy count you could be auto losing to another person who is not trying to raise trophy count. Seems unfair you can go lose repeatedly to someone raising their trophy count and maybe even knocking them into a pvp range they don't want in.

Darko
08-20-2013, 12:59 PM
It's more like a work in progress for spacetime, I have no doubt some pvp aspects will change. But as a by product of lowering your trophy count you could be auto losing to another person who is not trying to raise trophy count. Seems unfair you can go lose repeatedly to someone raising their trophy count and maybe even knocking them into a pvp range they don't want in.

I lowered my trophies to zero. .. went to bed had 220 when I woke up because of failed attempts to raid me...I didn't complain just lowrred it right back....farmers hit resources quick with tons of gobblers knowing they will lose.....is that wrong??

rkp71
08-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I am not here to argue with people, I think it's a valid problem that need's looked into. Along with pvp matching. I'm certainly not got sit here and compare apples to oranges either.

Applejaqs
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
If you think that this is a problem, then that's like saying that people with dh 9 and max resources shouldn't be attacked. No one is boosting. They are only farming those who stay at 0 trophies because the match making is so messed up that trophies dominate the match making process.

Rare
08-20-2013, 04:03 PM

They would in tern knock their trophy count down. I do it almost daily.

Bookmark
08-20-2013, 08:26 PM

I agree with you that Spacetime Games will continuously change the game for the better or worse.

However, I don't think you get what's going on. Let me say the same thing as most have been saying in this thread. There is no trophy boosting activity. Battles are matched according to trophy count. There are VERY LIMITED opportunity to build one's fortress at the top of the leaderboard without spending pearls.

It is UNLIKELY for someone to maintain their own trophy count and boost another player's trophy count. Earning trophies at the top of the leaderboard is COSTLY in time and resources. Ain't nobody got the time for that!

Most look for bases that reap decent rewards. Some players are approaching the game differently by focusing on strengthening their fortresses and not rushing trophies. This is what's happening with the significant drop of ranks of players. There are SIGNIFICANTLY MORE maps at lower trophy count because the pvp system matches you with others according to your rank IN THE SAME ORDER. At lower ranks, the probability of random matches is substantially increased.

Delphina
08-20-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm going to close this thread up. No need to call out a tribe on the forums.