PDA

View Full Version : The PL Community as a Whole Today

XghostzX
08-17-2013, 12:11 AM
What I'm posting is directly quoted from loyal players/customers of PL. You guys are an awesome community, I know you all try hard to respectfully share your thoughts. I gathered up some relatively significant quotes that had some impact to our community in terms of how we feel and adjust to different situations. Hope you enjoy...

ShadowStar - We ( PL community ) have been loyal to you, StG, some for a year, some 2, some from the beginning!
Long ago, I hear people's problems used to be answered alot by the Devs!

AngelDawn -yet STS chooses to ignore their customer base, opinion and concerns. Proves that STS truly and honestly doesn't care what we have to say.

Months upon months ago Techno said she was working on the unbalanced pvp problem yet nothing has been done there either.

Now Just G is saying there is no PL cap on the horizon??

I don't know why I choose to support a company that is so disrespectful to its clients. If this were any other company or store, I would stop shopping there.

Time to reevaluate how I spend my money....actually with no new cap on the horizon, no need to farm or run plat maps, 6k plat between my accounts will last forever.

Stories of the customer service here upset me.

I play another mmo. Not nearly as long as I have played PL and have spent WAY less money. I am a VIP in that game and have an ingame option for help/support. I used it and was pmed immediately in game and my problem was addressed. This is amazing customer service it shows they do care about their clients and are there for them. This is what every company should stride for and many do by the 'click to chat' option on so many websites.

Waiting more than 24 hours for any customer service from any company seem completely unacceptable to me.

Arcanus - It's not just PL anymore Will.. It's the 3 that aren't AL, and BD.

Which would change your statement to: It makes your loyal customers feel like, "Wow, the games that got them here are not loved by ST'G'."

Rot -The problem is, no matter what we suggest, they hardly even bother with it. Yes, they might be reading this, but I seriously doubt that any actions will be taken.

Their attitude to PL players : If you don't like the game, quit playing it and get a life.
Their attitude to AL players : Hi sir, how can I help you? Oh, thanks for reminding us, it'll be fixed in 2 days. Remember to buy more plat!

WhoIsThis -Throughout all of this, one thing that many newer players have noted is that the oldies whenever they see changes that they do not like tend to be the most vocal about them. The reason why is because we oldies - many of us dating back to 2010 feel that we have more to lose than anybody else if this game does not succeed. We've invested more time, in many cases more money, and are in it for the long haul versus newer players which are often transitory in their game choices.

You might think that STS is benefiting immensely from the aggressive monetization of PL. In the short run, that is indisputably true. STS has undoubtedly seen it's revenues increase immensely from all of the platinum sales. But in the long run ... it's not so clear.

PL gave STS one very big and unique advantage. First mover in a market that in 2010, was largely unproven. The mobile MMO market. It could very well be one with immense potential. It is too early to tell. But noteworthy to me is that games like Everquest or Camelot were not the defining game of this genre. The defining MMO is World of Warcraft, a game that came later and was heavily influenced by it's earlier fellow MMOs. WoW today is so dominant in the MMO arena that it is the MMO that has elements that other MMOs copy ideas from.

And that is what PL could have become. It still might. Or it might not. Remember WoW was not the first MMO. And Blizzard not the first studio. But they were the ones that truly popularized MMOs and made fistloads of cash over it.

Kaarataka -Hi Elf,

I recently came back to see what was going on in the end-game ctf world of PL. I noticed a huge reaction to me hiding behind my set, that pally's were so overpowered that I was suppose to win. That kinda caught me off guard since I remember pallys always being the tank that could rev and carry a flag to score. I never considered pally a viable option for beating int mages since int has more dmg and mana regen. This wasn't just one occurrence either although they were names I did not recognize.

The biggest issue besides balance/dodge is the negative range one receives due to moving backwards. Basically if you are moving away from a target you get a -2m (i believe its 2m but maybe more or less) in range. This has completely killed kiting for anyone with 12m+ skills/weapons. Even if dodge is corrected, dodge/armor will still have a massive advantage due to ranged classes not being able to kite. I was told that STS was responding to the weaker (noobs) players complaining about kiters. Did STS even bother asking what the majority of the pro pvper base thought about the ability to kite? I'm of the mindset they only listened to the whiners and didn't do an active study on what we pros think about kiting. Kiting takes skill and every class has the ability to counter it just like every class can counter countless other strategies.

The weak will continue to complain that they are weak in pvp/ctf. The only way to get strong is to die a lot and learn from those deaths. It seems STS doesn't agree and believes the playing field should be leveled to the point where everyone is equal regardless of time invested in learning ones craft.

Thanks for your time
Kaarataka

DocoBig - Blacksmoke Mountain (10.18.2012) > Today (08.04.2013) 9 Months & 16 Days (and going)

Apollo - If players look at the other 3 threads he has made for AL, DL, & SL, they can see that during the incubation period of each game, the expansion caps were short. They were around 2-3 expansions each with 1 to 2 month intervals.

Thus, as you can see. AL is getting the same treatment that PL got during it's incubation period. SL got the same special treatment during it's incubation period as well. DL did as well, albiet its new caps were a little bit longer between raises and it had 1-2 less cap raises for it's incubation period compared to the rest of the game.

This, I blame on two things:

First off, DL was using STS's upgraded engine, which I'm sure took the developers a little more time to get used to & code, as it had to be more complicated. Again, this is just a hypothesis, so feel free to disagree with me.

Secondly, AL came out pretty quickly after DL. People were very surprised as to how short of a period AL came after DL. This, and AL's popular take off caused DL to get the short end of the stick in terms of campaign increases and the frequency of campaign increases.

I truly don't know what has gone wrong with customer support. I have noticed that customer support is faster if I need support from something from AL. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't customer support supposed to address the issue? Heck, it's difficult for me to even get a platinum refund these days!

STS, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the company and the wonderful games that it creates. However, two years ago, if I had an issue, I knew customer support had my back. Now? It's a miracle if they are able to grant me my request. I do not know if many people are rejected/given the standard denial response in order to keep support costs down or what, but I do not feel secure when emailing support anymore.

Thus, if support could be bumped up, I am positive all games would benefit from it. Heck, it would even help keep complaints down. Why? Customers will not feel totally ignored. As of right now, I feel like I am continuing investing in a company that refuses to invest in me or other players when they need assistance. Yes, I get that some people abuse support. Thus, why not ban those offenders versus taking support options that were previously available?

I hope this advice can be taken into consideration. If staff/moderators feel anything wrong with this post, feel free to edit it. However, please, just take the post into consideration and try upping support. If we can't have a campaign for a while in PL yet, the least that could be done is take care of customers via support.

__________________________________________________ ________

FusionStrike -At this point, I sincerely hope STS plans on giving us some kind of official update of their plans for PL in the next month. If May comes and goes and they're still silent, we'll have passed the longest wait in PL history without a peep. That would be when I would seriously start wondering if PL has been completely abandoned. Actually, people thinking that now wouldn't be completely unjustified in my view. I'm not trying to be alarmist, and I tend to think it's not that case that PL is over, but every day of complete silence from STS makes it that much harder to have faith that patience will be rewarded.

__________________________________________________ ______

Troncaat -Ladies and gentlemen we have hit pl history.
Years from now you can tell your children's children... I was there. For that long, long wait. But don't get me started about the l86 one.

RazerFingers - They're gone weekends for support. Next time title it. "Probs in AL" then they'll read it faster.

CrimsonTider - We appreciate the effort, however, it is not what you said which brought this thread about. When there is a lack of interest shown towards PL and it is up to the community to clean it up only to see our efforts destroyed in one sentence, demoralizing doesn't give the effects on us justice. The effects from that quote have already began in game.

Recently, we have seen a rise in scamming, rudeness, PvP spawning and teaming, and lack of "community" in game. Many have stated their distaste in these issues with little, to no, solution/suggestion on how to attempt to fix this. I bring you a solution: A calling of arms where the educated, close-nit forum community comes to together to attempt to end the ignorance, uneducated, idiocy found in game today. I joined PL at a time where people enjoyed helping. Individuals educated those in need. Respect was given even though a player may not always have been liked. It is time for this community to decide to either make a stand, or completely fold. I choose to take a stand and make that stand now.

MysticalDream - Let's get to the root of the problem here. Spawning has been around since Ctf has been implemented. People are just whining about it now because end game PvP is a joke. It's full a players that aren't fit to be in there.

OldCoot -Maybe we should spread the word about joining the forums, it was the best learning tool when I started.

Mothwing -In my eyes, spawning is ruining a player's experience. In fact it's bullying, a thing that most people try to avoid. I myself have been bullied at school and I among others use video games as a chance to be ourselves without retaliation, and with trolls and people like this in PVP to take that away from us isn't right. I don't see why people have to use harsh language and bad attitudes to prove that they are better than somebody. I mean why can't people just say "Hey, I beat you, maybe you should do this, this, and this next time to beat me."

I guess this community is beyond that, and it really sucks.

Dudetus -I personally have nothing against rushing as I love FFA. But this spawning trend is nothing but an extremely childish and disrespectful trend which has to be stopped. The opponent is given zero chance to fight back and it's extremely discouraging especially for new PvPers to join a ctf map in which they get slaughtered and trashtalked.

STS, u really need to do something about this.

Regrenade -Hello everyone, I've wanted to know for a while now how others view pvp. This is only directed to endgame pvp, as I have no idea what goes on in twinking. By now I'm sure most know that PvP is well... Garbage. Nothing we can really do about it as STS is occupied with milking AL. Birds can now use 1 skill and because auto triggers when a skill is used, the opponent gets hit twice instantly. Leading to 1 shot kills. If you dont dodge 1 you're dead.

Flacs - I also want to share some experience by playing at this cap. Recently me and Apollo practiced 1Vs1 - bear fights. Bear fights about who dodging Heallscream and Crippling slash.

Bird fights purely about dodge, any burd who using elite phoenix set is more tanky than a bear, sometimes makes impossible to kill a bird with other classes. I just every day see dodge-streaks, like 15-20 skills dodged.

Bears cant really kill birds if they hit blinding shot, only unless blinding shot is dodged. That also makes almost impossible to defeat any phoenix set bird with a savage bear.

Mages are completely fail as int, they get killed by one or two hits by a bird, also cant kill any savage bear, cuz bears damage is also so op.

This cap everyone is pro because of all these insane dodges and luck.

MightyMicah - Dodge isn't all luck as most wish to believe. However, when it becomes possible to dodge the dodge debuffs is when the game gets a little ridiculous. It is my personal opinion that dodge should only "dodge" damage. Debuffs and crowd control skills should still take effect while inflicting no damage. (repulse, firestorm, beckon, stomp).

Whirlzap -I will add to this as I think up of more stuff, these are not really anything major but rather to make the game more "accessible" and "interactive"

1. Lock Items Feature
-Simple and easy. Every item in the game (vanities, equipment, etc) will have a lock sign along its description. "Locking" the item would prevent people from accidentally selling or listing the item on CS.

2. Make further use with the PL notifications
-I believe PL had notifications implemented a WHILE ago (yay!), but they were limited to a sheer "game update" pop-up or something; adding notifications for CS sales really helps make the game more accessible

3. Server-wide messaging feature [iffy idea; prone to abuse]
-Allow players to send server-wide messages for a cost of Plat or gold; add filters for any type of harassment or spamming

4. Mailing feature
-WE NEED THIS. GIVE US NAO. PLEASEEEEE.
When you want to contact someone offline, when you want to sell/buy/trade with someone offline. Allows you to send them messages up to 100 characters, or send up to 4 items (complete set) anytime.
Please add this. It will definitely solve the whole "OMG i got scammed trying to transfer stuff between accounts" problem

There are so many simple things we need in PL that would greatly enhance our gameplay.

Chickenrunnn - Hey there :

After a long time of playing pvp, I've thought about some content which should be added to improve PvP and CTF fun Here is a list of them :

A new mode of playing, such as "Keep the Ball" mode : 3-3 teams, 1 all at middle of map, the goal is to take the ball, protect the ball carrier, and the other team needs to kill him to take the ball... the ball carrier would have half damage and half speed. The match would finish at the end of 5minutes of possession.
A PvP training room, including no kills, no deaths, no level restriction (for more details follow this link : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=training
A button during a game, on the which you could click to see current Kills, Deaths, Scores
At the end of the game, a screen showing kills AND deaths
A CTF leaderboard (kills, deaths, goals) [DONE]
Locked entrance of the opposite team's spawning room : it would compel Spawners and rushers to spawn kill others, and avod the kills
A new 3-3 Free CTF map, like rockwall, because 3-3 CTFers always play in the same place [DONE]
A new PvP or CTF room (3-3 and/or 5-5), where there could be a bath which regenerate HP and MANA such as the one in Oasis town.
Many persons wanted a Spectator mode (here is a link for more infos about it http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...spectator+mode)
This idea may be refused by everyone, but items drop for PvPers in pvp and CTF to reward the best players and/or gold per kill (like 1kill=5golds); indeed, why pvp and ctf players won't be able to make money from ctf and pvp ? Afterall, PvP and CTF are another game mode, nearly same as PVe, so I think it will be a really good idea (this is a personnal idea, I think everybody's gonna disagree with it lol)

Peanutbritle - "I have been in this game since the beginning and nothing horrifies me more than the blatant disregard for the community of pl. I have learned all there is to know about pl. I have tried every build, I have thoroughly enjoyed every one. However, what I see frightens me. I love Pocket Legends, but I feel as though I need to start on AL before PL is completely obsolete.

STS has simply stopped caring for PL because it isn't making as much money as AL. And that's the truth. STS has turned into a multi-million money hungry corporation. In fact, I contacted someone in STS about a bullying situation and all I got was "As long as u didn't violate the terms of service you aren't in the wrong." If it was in AL, "O wow. Thing will be immediately addressed and the instigator will be banned/punished for their inappropriate behavior." I'm like,"Really?"

Finally, I understand that I may be punished. I know I may be banned. I just feel that I will have a fundamental role in the preservation and attentiveness towards PL."

Storms - I'm aware that this is the wrong spot to post this as a three plus veteran of the beta version of Pocket Legends it's time to move on,with space time studios abandoning support for this game and my hectic lifestyle I no longer have the desire to play and I've moved on to better games.
This game was a godsend to me, I was going to some very dark times in my life and it was the most magical thing I have ever experienced and even though I play different games now I will always have a spot in my heart for Pocket Legends.
I am NOT bitter about spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game because it brought me so much joy every level cap I would get so excited and just play on my two days off 16 hours I just its like it was yesterday but so much in my life has changed. People have died,financially things have changed the world is different.
I was a member of every guild that was in the top three that pretty much ever existed from eclipse to the Elite to Hella good to Legends I was always in the number one guild and I co GM'd twice the number one guild,That was a chore. That confirmed my suspicions I never want to have children,lol
Razorfingers,Tuckersdad,Apollo,Rykersdad,Raciness, Pakax,Notyocookiez,Ladyhadazza,,Ladyadasa,Jdubzi,H usafadar,Fastcast,Arajaiefy,and those are the people that I can remember I love you like family and I never even knew any of your first names except Scott you guys were my best friends I'll never forget you.
I was mysticism,Insidious,Obsidious, Demetrion but most of you will know me as Modredd!
There is not a drop in the game I never got that's not true I never got green ice but I didn't really care! Thank you guys/gals you made the game worth while and when all of you left the new crew that came in was a pale imitation and the game has changed so much so long ago,I will never forget you!

I just tried to accumulate some recent posts in correlation to the current state of Pocket Legends and it's latest level cap. Thank you for taking the time to look through these if you did :)

These posts make me very grateful for the community I can be a part of. Thanks so much for everyone who has ever truly cared about this game, as to some of us, it can be our "home away from home".

If anyone has made some post that had lots of meaning behind it in relation to this cap, feel free to find the exact quote and post on this thread. I'd be happy to add it :)

Stevenmc
08-17-2013, 12:23 AM
I agree with you bro, as a fellow founder I miss the old PL. But, if you had a job, and one made more money than the other, which one would you choose to take and put more hours into? Your first job that only pays 10$ and hour, or your newer job that makes 35$ and hour. It is a company man. I'm not saying I wouldn't like things fixed. Just reasoning.

Chopper
08-17-2013, 12:29 AM
I agree with you bro, as a fellow founder I miss the old PL. But, if you had a job, and one made more money than the other, which one would you choose to take and put more effort in? Your first job that only pays 10$ and hour, or your newer job that makes 35$ and hour. It is a company man. I'm not saying I wouldn't like things fixed. Just reasoning.

But its not a job, they have customers. And most of them were or still are in PL. Being distracted by faster money on something new while ignoring your loyal customers leads to disasters. It means they are prepared to lose loyal customers at the expense of trying to cash in whatever is new. That can only work if they keep making new games. Soon, all of their real customers will fly away and they will face the fickle "new" crowd when another game by another company takes away that thunder too.

XghostzX
08-17-2013, 12:31 AM
I agree with you bro, as a fellow founder I miss the old PL. But, if you had a job, and one made more money than the other, which one would you choose to take and put more hours into? Your first job that only pays 10$ and hour, or your newer job that makes 35$ and hour. It is a company man. I'm not saying I wouldn't like things fixed. Just reasoning.

Thanks for your feedback. I totally understand that putting your job forth to make money as best as you can for the company is the priority. This thread was simply to sum up the feelings of most of the community :) We are all very grateful, and are very lucky to be surrounded by an awesome community. This thread just shows how much we care about PL, no? :)

Stevenmc
08-17-2013, 12:32 AM
But its not a job, they have customers. And most of them were or still are in PL. Being distracted by faster money on something new while ignoring your loyal customers leads to disasters. It means they are prepared to lose loyal customers at the expense of trying to cash in whatever is new. That can only work if they keep making new games. Soon, all of their real customers will fly away and they will face the fickle "new" crowd when another game by another company takes away that thunder too.

At one point we were all new customers.. Most of us now loyal, there is nothing to say that the more newer customers won't become loyal.

Stevenmc
08-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I totally understand that putting your job forth to make money as best as you can for the company is the priority. This thread was simply to sum up the feelings of most of the community :) We are all very grateful, and are very lucky to be surrounded by an awesome community. This thread just shows how much we care about PL, no? :)

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you at all :) I was just trying to reason on why PL is in its current situation :P I completely agree with you, and all the above.

Kiwihawk
08-17-2013, 12:39 AM
This, This Right Here Must Be The Best Thread I Have Read In A Very Long Time Here On The Forums.
100% Well Done Ghost

Pvp Is So Bad. I Get Spawned All The Time, FFA Is Fine But Spawning Doesn't Prove Anything. Stg Better Do Something Quick If They Don't Wanna Lose More Of Its Great Players Who Have Put Hours Into The Game And Money Into You're Pockets Devs...

Cheenivie
08-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Will, great job. As Kiwi said probably the best thread I have ever seen, and to the sts dev team, if you ignore this, I believe you will lose many loyal customers.

NECROREAPER
08-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Good points, however I think you should remove some people's names if they haven't given consent for their name to be posted here. I feel like all that posting their names on here will do is put a target on them, which no one wants.

Dusk Will Decend
08-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Here's the thing guys, we have to remember how small sts really is.. They're a small, Texan building running five amazingly successful games. I think that it is astonishing, the way that they have kept up ( to an extent ) with the community of millions. We can't keep thinking in a consumer mindset, we have to have empathy towards them. It may seem one sided, or unfair, but they're executing their jobs extraordinarily well, when given what they've been given. I would actually like to give them props, fire doing so well .

I DO however understand the frustration however, but just do what I did, try the other games, and come back to PL with new vigor.

That's just my take on it, thanks for reading. :)

Dusk Will Decend
08-17-2013, 01:16 AM
This, This Right Here Must Be The Best Thread I Have Read In A Very Long Time Here On The Forums.
100% Well Done Ghost

Pvp Is So Bad. I Get Spawned All The Time, FFA Is Fine But Spawning Doesn't Prove Anything. Stg Better Do Something Quick If They Don't Wanna Lose More Of Its Great Players Who Have Put Hours Into The Game And Money Into You're Pockets Devs...

Try not to be disrespectful... That won't help anything. :/ they HAVE put an amazing amount of work and time into PL.... Don't ask for too much mate. ;/

ultimaga95
08-17-2013, 01:19 AM
I agree. I started back in the first week of PL's release and it is depressing seeing it being neglected.

Mothwing
08-17-2013, 01:21 AM
This thread gave me the chills. Thanks so much for this Will, this is probably the best thread on the forums.

Oldcoot
08-17-2013, 01:26 AM
That was a good read, I love this game I love you guys. I'll be here till the bitter end but I'm afraid that sts/stg has bitten off more than they can chew. This and the other games have become a juggernaut that they simply can't keep up with. For the time being I'm closing my wallet, if an when things get better I'll think about opening it again .

Mothwing
08-17-2013, 01:29 AM
That was a good read, I love this game I love you guys. I'll be here till the bitter end but I'm afraid that sts/stg has bitten off more than they can chew. This and the other games have become a juggernaut that they simply can't keep up with. For the time being I'm closing my wallet, if an when things get better I'll think about opening it again .

I remember back when SL was released and DL was announced many of us thought it would be too much.

Well, here we are.

DocDoBig
08-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Xghostzx - Who created this pretty cool mashup (and for mentioning me and my threads ;)).

Amazing Job!

Kiwihawk
100% Well Done Ghost

Try not to be disrespectful... That won't help anything. :/ they HAVE put an amazing amount of work and time into PL.... Don't ask for too much mate. ;/
I Understand But Players Are Leaving Because Of The Lack Of Content. I Know They Have Put So Much Into The Game.

NECROREAPER

Perfectly sums up how I feel atm and why I've been inactive, thanks for wording our ideas so eloquently.

Ssneakykills
08-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Im not a long time player I have probably player for about 4-5 months and I have not yet seen actually game fix/update yet. I agree with a lot of the quotes that have been picked I think they are spot on and the future improvements that could be made to game would really solve problems, improve the game and I think bring a great atmosphere into the game as we know you are listening to us and acknowledging our voices and acting upon them. I realise newer games are a priority but I imagine pl is the biggest and most profitable game you had and a lots of people have spoken up about the game showing we care and want to carry on playing this game not for it to be abandoned and have no refurbishments. This game has so much more potential than its giving ( although it is amazing already) but I fear people are getting bored which is leading to spawning/FFA, rudeness and scammers . If maybe you put your foot down harder and stamped out Scammers and the people causing problems and listend to the community, pl would become the peaceful, fun exciting place it once was that I have heard about from the more experienced players of the game.

This is the first time I have spoke out you may not agree with me but I believe the newer generation should speak out more and get there voices heard too.

Thanks ^_^

Dreuefesie
08-17-2013, 05:44 AM
PL has so much potential and so do the other games. I reckon it would be amazing if all 5 games could be getting as much attention as each other, to many happy people.

Spectre
08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Hey guys...You know, i truly enjoyed playing this game until 76 level cap.Developers always cared for their community, always made new updates like every two weeks. And updates were cool, not just some items or double damage weekends etc. PvP wasn't so balanced but oh well at least it wasn't so bad like it is right now. People never broke rules so much like now. When i go to towns i see constant spamming about these "Pl plats yola site blah blah" or constant inappropriate talk. I reported so many people like that and they still doing same stuff. Support.. support helped me a lot but they said no to many of my messages as well, and i didn't ask for something super cool like transfer my CoP to another character. It also takes a lot, like 3-5 days to get answer from support which is so long.In PvP everyone keep ruining others playing experience with constant spawning aka getting cheap kills to make their Kdr look "Pro". Other ton of people boosting or farming with bots, getting to leader boards easily and get nothing as well. PvP is just so boring right now - as i said before its just luck fights. And PvP ruined at 10-35 with forgotten bows as people say and at 65-76 as well because of luck factor.Developers should always remember how they became so successful and rich - PL helped them to make all of these games and become TOP developer company.

CrimsonTider
08-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Good points, however I think you should remove some people's names if they haven't given consent for their name to be posted here. I feel like all that posting their names on here will do is put a target on them, which no one wants.

My name can stay. People can target me if they want, but those who know me know what I stand for. My stances have always been factually based and respectful through agreement or disagreement. I, like many others, have the right as a paying customer to state my opinion. Yes, they need to be carefully thought out and constructive, but I am a consumer and should be heard as well as responded to. For those who don't like me for my opinions or views because I stand for what is right, as Ellyidol use to say, "Haters gonna hate."

As for the purpose of the thread, thank you Will for comprising all the quotes into one thread.

XghostzX
08-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Thank you guys so much. My intention was that any name I have included should feel as if they have nothing to worry about - the people I mentioned I consider leaders in the PL community, and you should truly feel no harm with me posting what you have mentioned.

However, if anyone has any issues with them, feel free to PM me and I'll remove yours. Thanks.

Just try to not to be disrespectful in any way towards STS. I just needed some sort of thread to represent how the entire community feels - a way in which we can all connect. Do I expect STS to do something about this? Of course not, we must respect their roadmap for their other games and what they have planned. PL is just the least of their concerns, and that's alright. It's the process of business and life.

Lexlyde
08-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Wow Ghost... this is thread is just awesome. It shows almost all player's feel, with only some citations. I don't think StS will care about this, but I have some hopes that it'll make StS move.
I totally agree with Flacs. StS forgot due to wich game they are here now. And forgot that community always suported them with constructive feedbacks, buy plats and promote games with other people.

Extreme
08-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Gj, will made me cry for a sec. GJGJ! As some people say, Forget the past look throught the bright future, Apparently its the opposite for this game.. I miss the good ole days when sts use to recover my char in 1hour.. This game have been Best mmo I have played, best community, Best friends.. Wish sts still makes updates to make all people come back. Once more thanks for the thread, will.

XghostzX
08-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Gj, will made me cry for a sec. GJGJ! As some people say, Forget the past look throught the bright future, Apparently its the opposite for this game.. I miss the good ole days when sts use to recover my char in 1hour.. This game have been Best mmo I have played, best community, Best friends.. Wish sts still makes updates to make all people come back. Once more thanks for the thread, will.

Glad I could help :)

dudetus
08-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Thx Will for making this thread, I hope STG would finally recognize us with this thread.

At the very moment STG announces a new game, I will be out.

lakersrockftw
08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
If they give attention to all games they will have more happy customers and more $$$. Unfortunately that's not the case they just ignore the game. When they had sl and dl all the games were update equally now it's just them updating al its just totally the not right thing to do I've never seen a gaming company do this. For example wizard 101,they made pirates 101 I don't play any of these games but I'm pretty sure they both get updated fairly. I hope stg doesn't ignore this thread and does the right thing update their games. I'm just tired of their excuses of al having more downloads,that means you don't update pl for that occasion. I just don't understand how this company is treating a customer who joined early June 2011 plus all the people who joined way before me and after me.Ive payed money on this game because I enjoyed the game at that time.Now im not spending any cash because I'm not seeing any attention go to the game. I hope this thread isn't ignored,please don't ignore your first games players.Without this game you guys would be nowhere.Also thank you ghost for making this thread you made me express my feelings :D.

-Lakersrockftw 76 bird

Noodleleg
08-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Maybe if we all stopped buying plat, they might add some content :P... But then we run the risk that they shut down the game completely if they sense no revenue coming in from it o_O...

Stevenmc
08-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Maybe if we all stopped buying plat, they might add some content :P... But then we run the risk that they shut down the game completely if they sense no revenue coming in from it o_O...

I don't think we want the server going down 0_o.

Aracnus
08-17-2013, 10:32 AM

This same question was asked in SL, a rant started, and a couple users got banned..

Justg
08-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Very nice thread, we love to communicate when opinions are presented like this. A couple of things to consider:

We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.

When you generalize your discontent by saying: "Everyone feel this way" it loses some impact. We get that you may feel this way, and that several people may feel this way, but there is a concept known as the "vocal minority". We hear and respect you, but you don't speak for everyone.

When you demand answers, and get an answer that you don't like, please don't be angry at us for our honesty. I told you there is no cap on PL's horizon because I don't want to lead you on. This is not disrespectful towards you. This is not a unique situation for Spacetime. Every game has its fans, and those fans want THEIR games to be expanded. But we have 10x the number of players in AL that we do in PL. And we hope to have more in our Battle games.

When you threaten to leave if we don't do something, or if we announce a new game, your feedback loses impact as well. We are a company trying to survive in an extremely unstable and challenging environment. We will continue to announce new games. We will also look for ways to continue to support the games we have out now.

All companies need to grow to survive, especially in Mobile. If we did NOT take the path we are on, than you would not have ANY of these games to play, because we would surely be out of business.

So we will continue to run these games that we all love so much, and we will continue to try and fix things you don't like and expand on the things that you do. And we will continue to bring you new things so that we can continue running the older things.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best,

- g

Noodleleg
08-17-2013, 10:42 AM
We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.

But you gotta nurture your baby xD! You can't just leave it alone... Because as any parent should know, don't look after them and they become spoiled and rotten... -cough cough pvp Naabes-

Neglect a child (PL, SL, DL, AL, and BD) and they become this way! So... What I'm trying to say is... Your babies (these StG games) are feeling a bit neglected :)... Distribute your attention equally and all your family's happy :D!

lakersrockftw
08-17-2013, 10:43 AM
But Gary I understand you have 10x players in al and I respect that. Why can't you guys update pl a couple times. I don't see why we should not get an update or anything.Still thank you for replying which makes me not feel that ignored anymore :D.

-lakersrockftw

XghostzX
08-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Very nice thread, we love to communicate when opinions are presented like this. A couple of things to consider:

When you generalize your discontent by saying: "Everyone feel this way" it loses some impact. We get that you may feel this way, and that several people may feel this way, but there is a concept known as the "vocal minority". We hear and respect you, but you don't speak for everyone.

When you demand answers, and get an answer that you don't like, please don't be angry at us for our honesty. I told you there is no cap on PL's horizon because I don't want to lead you on. This is not disrespectful towards you. This is not a unique situation for Spacetime. Every game has its fans, and those fans want THEIR games to be expanded. But we have 10x the number of players in AL that we do in PL. And we hope to have more in our Battle games.

When you threaten to leave if we don't do something, or if we announce a new game, your feedback loses impact as well. We are a company trying to survive in an extremely unstable and challenging environment. We will continue to announce new games. We will also look for ways to continue to support the games we have out now.

All companies need to grow to survive, especially in Mobile. If we did NOT take the path we are on, than you would not have ANY of these games to play, because we would surely be out of business.

So we will continue to run these games that we all love so much, and we will continue to try and fix things you don't like and expand on the things that you do. And we will continue to bring you new things so that we can continue running the older things.

Best,

- g

Thank you for the response JustG, it's really appreciated.

You caught me on where I said "everyone feels this way" - I agree with your statement. It was my intention to cover a vast majority of players, obviously not every individual being here. But to reassure the idea, I do speak for a large majority of players. I know I do. I've never been part of a game where players actually PM in game asking for when new updates come will happen because they have a sense of trust in me - they have this sense of trust simply because STS has built and structured such an astounding community. We are very grateful for it.

We will never be mad you for honesty. Don't take it personally, JustG. Humans can't help what they feel, and "most" of our feelings side toward the fact that we've been loyal and nothing has been done to the game. We can't control our feelings entirely, but we can do our best to adjust. However, the fact that you responded to this thread really means alot to myself, and the community. I think this is the kind of thing we need more - PL used to have really close connections with the company. Heck, I remember when Mitch (AbsolutePally) had lunch with Sam to talk about PvP related things! That's incredible, and shows how much us players cared, as much as you guys did.

Again, "most" players feel like this because we're heading on to an entire year without updates. At the beginning, you guys did promise us PvP updates and new content - obviously that was never granted. I suppose the fact of the matter is that you guys decided to tell us very late that changes would not be made; as if we were some sort of guests on a waiting list that seemed to never end, and we've finally been told the negative news. The game was left with many bugs and issues and many suggestions that players wished to fix/implement. But if STS is TRULY sincere about the community, then I honestly believe a bigger approach to connecting with your community needs to be taken.

Thank you for the response once again. We appreciate it.

Oldcoot
08-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I reiterate my earlier comment. I appreciate your engaging in this conversation and not just locking it up G.
Edit: so I guess my question is, has the games you have developed become more than your team can handle? Could that be the reason for the lack of updates ?

Argyros
08-17-2013, 11:13 AM
"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."

While i read this thread i was thinking of ways to more or less, "revive," the PL community. I thought alot about the GOA, contests ect.
I had an idea that may work. :D (I'm crazy)
Community shields and titles. What if STS randomly gave them out to players who truly deserved them. Imagine if STS took the GOA shield and recolored it to look green instead of red. This may be for those who have donated alot of time to catalog items ect (yanis). Or maybe give feedback.
I was just compelled to share my idea, but go ahead tell me why it wouldn't work hehe. >.<

CrimsonTider
08-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Here are a few responses, Gary:

1. Yes, the forums are a minority of any Legends community. However, the length of this cap is frustrating everyone, and that is not a stretch. More and more players are reaching the cap faster because of stacking abilities and when our quests (outside of cyber) do not grant a lot of usable items and/or gold/exp, boredom settles in... quickly.

2. When boredom settles in, players leave. When boredom settles in, players troll, find ways to scam, ruin PvP. These individuals are looking for that next "thrill." The numbers may be 10x larger in AL, but those numbers are skewed because of lack of content updates in PL have driven people to quit or leave for other games, whether that be within the STS/G family or other companies. Just by simply introducing Foxes and Rhino's, the update brought back an explosion of players. However, with no new playing content, once the classes are capped, or reach certain twink levels, boredom comes back, players leave again.

3. Simple changes. There have been numerous "simple suggestions" which have been made where if they were implemented, new content would not be needed and the community would feel more content. Spawn zone barriers, vanity overlap fixes, and a few others, are fixes where it shows we are being listened to, you SHOW the love is still there, and I would argue this would be enough to bring back the oldies and would indeed rival AL in numbers.

Your response is something that if we received more of, would ease the anxiety and frustration seen on the forums. I actually believe you when you say PL is "your baby." However, I don't feel that from the rest of the STS/G staff. Just as you say we cannot speak for the entire PL community, the same can be said about your statement applying to the entire STS/G staff. Even after SL and DL, TechnoEmail made us feel new and exciting things were around the corner. After Humania, it is like she has disappeared. Alex has always been supportive of our PvP tourneys but recently has had nothing to do with us. I have multiple pm's I have sent him where there was never a response. It was nit until Bilaxman's tourney started did we see Delphina state we could get STS/G support by simply emailing her. The previous frustration could have been averted by a simple post or email response stating she was the point of contact now months ago.

To close this post, I appreciate the response. It is a hard pill to swallow when those of us who do post on this a lot, see a lack of response. But please take into consideration just as you consider this your baby, the same applies to us. Many of us have made wonderful relationships from just this game and some of those relationships get lost when we don't receive the attention towards the game.

Thank you.

angeldawn
08-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Best,

- g

Thank you for your honesty.

I completely understand you need revenue and profits to survive. I am sure most players do.

But honestly, has PL not brought in enough revenue since last October 2012 to cover the cost to implement anti spawning mechanisms, balance PVP to keep ppl interested until the new content can be made? I alone have bought 20k plat on PL on my main account since last cap and I am only one person.

I think a large amount of ppl feel. The money they spend on PL has been invested in other games and not used to update PL. To a lot of us, PL is our home. We all play for different reason but we all play because it fulfils something in us. We support STS and just don't want to continue to be neglected.

lakersrockftw
08-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Exactly

Justg
08-17-2013, 11:51 AM
I know that many of you consider PL your baby (and home) as well, and I also understand that is is frustrating to not get the updates and support that you would like.

It is a very tough balance for us, and as I have said before this is a VERY tough business to survive in (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459131).

We're still here because of the choices we have made, no matter how difficult they have been. And this means that you still have a game to call home, even if it has not been updated in awhile.

Keep on giving us feedback (and thank you for keeping it level). We'll keep on listening, and we'll do everything in our power to balance out the deployment of resources so that we can continue to bring you countless hours of entertainment.

Griffinfan
08-17-2013, 11:53 AM
If you just implemented something's as simple as a few new ctf styles and maybe balancing endgame you would get me as a fan again.

CrimsonTider
08-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I know that many of you consider PL your baby (and home) as well, and I also understand that is is frustrating to not get the updates and support that you would like.

It is a very tough balance for us, and as I have said before this is a VERY tough business to survive in (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459131).

We're still here because of the choices we have made, no matter how difficult they have been. And this means that you still have a game to call home, even if it has not been updated in awhile.

Keep on giving us feedback (and thank you for keeping it level). We'll keep on listening, and we'll do everything in our power to balance out the deployment of resources so that we can continue to bring you countless hours of entertainment.

Thank you. "We are doing our best," is all we want to see. It is the silence, or lack of response, which is disheartening and drives frustration.

lakersrockftw
08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
I would like you guys to add the content you guys had the contest on. I don't want that to take too long simple things like that brings more business.Btw can you guys add the new art you already made it idk why you guys haven't added it yet.

Thrall Wire
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM

Did any of you guys actually click on that link in Justg's post?
it has a HUGE number of gaming companies that got closed due to insufficient players

I always knew sts constantly had difficulty with running their business but i never knew it was that amount of stress

its good that we have justg or someone here who can actually honestly respond to us and tell us te truth for once.

its not a surprise that the gaming business in modern days, and especially for mobile, which has way less playr database than computers/gaming consoles, is pretty harsh and tough. this STS is not exactly hosting WoW or any of those massive player database games

I can see why sts is forced to take advantage of AL righgt now, as it has 10x the player databse as PL right now, and it is certainly the nature of humans to take advtntage of where they can. this is not necesarily sayingf anyhting bad about STS.

if you think about it, AL is in a similar boat as PL cuz in only a few months AL will be the lifeforce that keeps the other sts games running, along with new instalment of BD!

however, even when devs focus all of ther resource into AL it would be helpful even if you guys made 1 of those "sneek peek" threads like you did for mount fang, nuri hallow and humania!
Just even a few new pictures or a rough sketch would help to keep playres loyal!

ZergeoTwo
08-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Preach

NECROREAPER
08-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Did any of you guys actually click on that link in Justg's post?
it has a HUGE number of gaming companies that got closed due to insufficient players

I always knew sts constantly had difficulty with running their business but i never knew it was that amount of stress

its good that we have justg or someone here who can actually honestly respond to us and tell us te truth for once.

its not a surprise that the gaming business in modern days, and especially for mobile, which has way less playr database than computers/gaming consoles, is pretty harsh and tough. this STS is not exactly hosting WoW or any of those massive player database games

I can see why sts is forced to take advantage of AL righgt now, as it has 10x the player databse as PL right now, and it is certainly the nature of humans to take advtntage of where they can. this is not necesarily sayingf anyhting bad about STS.

if you think about it, AL is in a similar boat as PL cuz in only a few months AL will be the lifeforce that keeps the other sts games running, along with new instalment of BD!

however, even when devs focus all of ther resource into AL it would be helpful even if you guys made 1 of those "sneek peek" threads like you did for mount fang, nuri hallow and humania!
Just even a few new pictures or a rough sketch would help to keep playres loyal!

Those other studios werenʻt closed necessarily only because of a small player base, it couldʻve been due to poor customer service, no updates, small player base (no revenue), bad management, being sued, or any number of unforeseen circumstances.

All this thread is trying to address is that the players, consumers and income of this game, are concerned with where the game is headed, and I think its fair enough for the players to be vocal about that.

Justg
08-17-2013, 03:34 PM
All this thread is trying to address is that the players, consumers and income of this game, are concerned with where the game is headed, and I think its fair enough for the players to be vocal about that.

Absolutely fair. I've just tried to lay out how we see things and the market conditions that affect our business decisions.

Cavoc
08-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Absolutely fair. I've just tried to lay out how we see things and the market conditions that affect our business decisions.

Wouldn't releasing a cap create a positive market condition?
Would it not increase the amount of money coming from us pl players?

Chopper
08-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Appreciate the honest response and thoughts.

Yes, it is a tough market out there. And one way to avoid being eaten is to actually listen to your customers who are unhappy before it's too late.
New content grows customer bases and spurs lots of spending. In fact, that is your company's business model.

Losing loyal customers is never a good thing for an ongoing business.

also, i doubt this is the vocal minority. Every map I've run where people are talking about the game express the same feelings of boredom, abandonment, frustration. Not once have i ever heard a player say he wished there wasn't any more new content to the game.

Justg
08-17-2013, 04:43 PM
also, i doubt this is the vocal minority. Every map I've run where people are talking about the game express the same feelings of boredom, abandonment, frustration. Not once have i ever heard a player say he wished there wasn't any more new content to the game.

Of course everyone wants more content. Content is FUN!

Everyone has their just one thing that they would like us to do for their game, be it PL, SL, DL, AL, or BD. Just this one thing and the game would be great, or ok, or even bearable.

Believe it or not, we have huge lists of these things, and other things, and things that we think we need to do to thrive as a business.

And all this stuff, all these thousands upon thousands of things, get prioritized, and tasked and worked on, by our little 30 person shop.

So when Troncaat asks:

Wouldn't releasing a cap increase the amount of money coming from us pl players?

The answer is yes, we would make some money from that, and create some goodwill with some of our players. But the second part is the tricky part:

Wouldn't releasing a cap create a positive market condition?

The answer is actually no, because we would be affecting a very small percentage of our player base.

So our tasks are constantly shifting and being prioritized while our very limited development bandwidth is assigned to where it can be most effective, and PL continues to run because Spacetime can operate as a business.

XghostzX
08-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh wow, thank you so much Gary. I never knew that!

It would be really cool if maybe a stickied-thread could be put up answering sorts of questions like Tron did :) It would relieve a TON of stress and frustration! - But I'm just throwing that out there, of course.

Thanks again :)

Justg
08-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Thank you XghostX, these are good conversations to have.

CrimsonTider
08-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you XghostX, these are good conversations to have.

They are good conversations. Too bad they have taken this long to occur, but it IS a positive.

Now, it is the weekend. Stop working and spend time with the family. :)

Oldcoot
08-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Justg, that type of insight can go a long way in making me more patient.

zappaxe
08-17-2013, 06:16 PM
It is nice to see people giving feedback to stg in a mature way.
It's also great to see stg respond without blowing us off.

I have hope…

Extreme
08-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks, g. After hearing your response, I suddenly felt like something big is coming, Like what Uncle Crim said "We are doing our Best" is what we wanted to hear. Thanks, g and will.

~Soul

Caiahar
08-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Wow..just those posts from JustG made me feel happy.
I may be easily the youngest player in PL who is actually really into this game, but it doesn't change my thoughts.
I myself have took a break from PL, and I've been playing other MMO's and games.
As Crim said, just seeing "we are doing our best" made me immediately feel better. So did the multiple answers from G.
I think that, the think that most players are annoyed at, more than anything else (they might not even notice it), more than OP dodge. Blast, FBs, spawners, is the lack of answers.
Why? Because people try to withstand the annoyance (which is very common now) of yolasitepeople, spawners, etc, and they do want an answer for that. If they Devs just stay quiet and mum, they get even more impatient and angrier.
Now that JustG has spoken to us more than any dev has in the last couple months, we feel much, much, better.
So here a big Thank You to Justg, who went out and talked to us (even on weekend!).
Thank You.

Argyros
08-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Haha! This is great, I know STS's reasoning now. Like shadow said above, "it made me happy."

Dusk Will Decend
08-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Amazing, so worth reading all the of the posts. Thank your so much g, for the thorough responses.

It has helped so much, more than you know. :)

Schnitzel
08-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Uh..someone summerize what the OP said?
I didn't want to read ALL of that

zappaxe
08-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Uh..someone summerize what the OP said?
I didn't want to read ALL of that

A lot of players are displeased by the lack of new content being introduced to pl. they would like to see some new content and problems inside the game fixed.

Feel free to correct me if you saw it differently anyone.

Blastyou
08-17-2013, 08:36 PM
This thread is seriously awesome, I love seeing the dialogue between players and staff. I think many players have been feeling ignored by STG and this is a definite step in the right direction.

Clapss
08-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Awesome post nice to see G involved and everyone being respectful

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Hook
08-17-2013, 11:42 PM
I think re balancing Daily blessings, specially Day 5, would make a lot of players happy. While no new content is out, a mix of current common & new "rarer" Day 5 vanities or rewards should be implemented to keep some sort of excitement rolling. I think 99% of the players would agree, antennas and loyalist shields are so yesterday.

Mage till the end
08-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Why does everyone keep saying stg :p?

Dusk Will Decend
08-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Sts was a high enough level to evolve. It's now stg.

NECROREAPER
08-18-2013, 03:06 AM

When you press "Home" at the top menu bar of the forums (upper left in the menu) look at the top of the screen, it doesn't say STS anymore.

DocDoBig
08-18-2013, 04:57 AM
^

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?105949-Spacetime-Games-(STG)!

dudetus
08-18-2013, 06:34 AM
I have stated my honest detailed opinion quite a few times, but every time I have done so, my replies get deleted. That's why I was so vague with my response, time for a more detailed explenation on how I feel.

As a gaming customer I estimate how well my money spent in the game offers me enjoyment. Currently in PL if I spend money I just get the exactly same old stuff I received a year ago as I bought plat, with quite high price. As a customer I do not feel that the money I spend in this game gives me enough content to be worth it. The community is awesome and I appreciate that but it is just not enough to keep me satisfied.

I feel that best place to put my gaming money currently is SWtOR. Mobile game world is different, I admit that, but in the end I receive with 15 bucks a month more content and fun, than with any amount of money worth of plat in PL currently.

XghostzX
08-18-2013, 08:47 AM
I think re balancing Daily blessings, specially Day 5, would make a lot of players happy. While no new content is out, a mix of current common & new "rarer" Day 5 vanities or rewards should be implemented to keep some sort of excitement rolling. I think 99% of the players would agree, antennas and loyalist shields are so yesterday.

I'd rather that daily blessings were looked at last, and rather would like to see PvP and content changes/additions.

@Dudetus - I totally understand where you're coming from. However, I think we need to blame ourselves as well. During PL's "golden Era" everyone thought this game was going to be incredible with unbelievable content updates. Therefore, we would spend money to keep up with the level caps assuming that at some point our money would be put to good - not just leveling up to the cap and being done with it. This is what happened to me, and I can only blame myself. I must say, I do feel silly spending 50 bucks whenever a new cap comes out just to know that I'll only be PvPing for 15 minutes at a time, and playing an occasional CTF game. Unless my money is really being put down for something new, exciting, something that's WORTH it - then I might consider reopening my wallet. It is our faults for assuming that the money we would end up spending would actually be worth it in the end.

Mage till the end
08-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Oh lol. Didn't notice that untill now. Thanks chaps :p

lakersrockftw
08-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Ghost that's true but daily blessings seem easier they just add other vanities or elixirs to the mix.

Thrall Wire
08-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Ghost that's true but daily blessings seem easier they just add other vanities or elixirs to the mix.
probably takes a let of time to make new vanity
lol

Hook
08-18-2013, 12:30 PM
probably takes a let of time to make new vanity
lol

Thats where they can use the mono color trick. They did it for antennas/balloons :/
Take an existing vanity and change its colors lol. Day 5 rare vanities could be Green winged helms..deep red mountain armors... white dragon pets ... silver coin shields.. idk lol :p some ideas
But im no game designer so idk how long it takes to make a vanity.

NotYoCookiez
08-18-2013, 12:40 PM
I dont get why you guys keep waiting for something to happen. Devs have so many games and even with all they said just now, it doesnt change one thing. Just feeling "hopeful"... in reality guys there are tons of games out there including other legends title. Go play them, dont stress out over a game thats you know hasnt gotten a cap in 9 months.

Pocket legends will get a cap or big update eventually and once that day happens everyone will get a notification so until that day go have fun and do stuff that you like. Video games or not.

XghostzX
08-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I dont get why you guys keep waiting for something to happen. Devs have so many games and even with all they said just now, it doesnt change one thing. Just feeling "hopeful"... in reality guys there are tons of games out there including other legends title. Go play them, dont stress out over a game thats you know hasnt gotten a cap in 9 months.

Pocket legends will get a cap or big update eventually and once that day happens everyone will get a notification so until that day go have fun and do stuff that you like. Video games or not.

Notyo, I've honestly seen you only rant on STS' part and tell us to "give up". Why are you still here if you're not waiting for anything? If you were part of their business, you would obviously see they're intelligent people and have different priorities lined up. I'm only here because I believe PL still has a future and I love the community - I'm not expecting anything relatively soon.

If it's bothering you so much, then you should consider leaving the forums. I don't mean that harshly in any way - but players (unless it just me) hate seeing people bring out the negative comments.

Oldcoot
08-18-2013, 01:57 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong, justg is saying there's not enough money in making PL a new cap? And that's why there's nothing on our horizon ?

Caiahar
08-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Um,
This is probably the most stupidest and dumbest thing I've ever said..
But wouldn't making endgame balanced...well...motivate more people to try endgame?
And if endgame is more balanced then even 50-61 pvp..then I guess people would want to pvp endgame?
And if people would like to pvp endgame, then they would wanna cap a char.
If they would wanna cap a char really fast to play endgame and stuff..they'll probably buy plat?

Mage till the end
08-18-2013, 02:07 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong, justg is saying there's not enough money in making PL a new cap? And that's why there's nothing on our horizon ?

In a nut shell. Al is we're the big money is at, so as a company if they find profit somewhere you have to "exploit" it to keep your company running.

Cheenivie
08-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Um,
This is probably the most stupidest and dumbest thing I've ever said..
But wouldn't making endgame balanced...well...motivate more people to try endgame?
And if endgame is more balanced then even 50-61 pvp..then I guess people would want to pvp endgame?
And if people would like to pvp endgame, then they would wanna cap a char.
If they would wanna cap a char really fast to play endgame and stuff..they'll probably buy plat?

True dat!!

tHelonestud
08-18-2013, 02:39 PM
How is it going to look in the long run, after the number of Spacetime games continues increasing and people see only the most recent games get constant care. Of course new games are getting more players/revenue; they have more features.
Imagine the quality of PL if all the effort had been poured into it.
I honestly never thought Spacetime had the staff to keep all the games running with constant care after AL was announced.
I am glad we got a dev update on the status of the game and appreciate the responses in this thread. It's just disappointing to many as the PL community has invested so much.

Seminole
08-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Justg, we understand you have moved on to bigger games. I think all we need to make us happy is a quick fix to the pvp balance, and an alternative method to recieve the three piece bonus. Fixing these two will create huge revenue for you and continue to grow your fan base because all new people will not be deterred by the bonus pieces all the older members have.

Just fix these two things and everyone can be totally happy. Think about it....If things stayed the way they were at the 56 cap, and 61,66,71,76 never came i think everyone would have been totally happy!!

Mothwing
08-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Justg, we understand you have moved on to bigger games. I think all we need to make us happy is a quick fix to the pvp balance, and an alternative method to recieve the three piece bonus. Fixing these two will create huge revenue for you and continue to grow your fan base because all new people will not be deterred by the bonus pieces all the older members have.

Just fix these two things and everyone can be totally happy. Think about it....If things stayed the way they were at the 56 cap, and 61,66,71,76 never came i think everyone would have been totally happy!!

I second that. Sewers was the last decent cap IMO.

Oldcoot
08-18-2013, 07:56 PM

Not everyone , especially not me

Seminole
08-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Not everyone , especially not me

Well not everyone would be happy, but at least the game would be playable and more fun compared to what it is now

Darthbeake
08-19-2013, 12:47 AM
My two cents, and first I'll say that I haven't read this entire thread. I'm just responding to the first post.

I have been playing pocket legends for years, and got distracted and sucked into other games during the many months when STS ignored PL after the mount fang update. I played SL for a little while, but I'm not at all impressed with it. It's pretty much the same game, except that the emotes sound hollow and it's in space. I played DL for like two days, but I couldn't get past the fact that it looks like an old Atari 2600 game. I don't even know why they made that game. And I played AL for a week or two, and I'm wondering why they made that one either. There was so much excitement in PL when STS said they would add pets, and then all they did was add vanity pets that circle around you. Then they made AL which is all about pets with powers... Why didn't they just add pets with powers to PL, instead of scattering their energy with a new and less fun game?

Four games now... Five? Battle dragons, really? I won't even try that one. STS needs to get back to the game that made it famous among mobile gamers, because all these other games are just a waste of time.

Mothwing
08-19-2013, 12:52 AM
The one thing that keeps me at PL is how smooth it is. I went to AL for like a week, and charging skills and stuff is just...meh. It doesn't feel right. But everything at PL just makes sense. Now if only the devs could understand that, and maybe fix some of the simple problems, like spawning.

Doodlebeast
08-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Oh PL.. You've left me so many good memories ( and some bad ones too).... I really don't want it to collapse.. If only we could go to another dimension. Where PL was still at 55 cap and STS decided just to pour all their efforts into just one game. I've tried other new Sts games. None of them gave me much fun more than PL. STS, things can be fixed if they've gone wrong. It's better to be late than never.

NECROREAPER
08-19-2013, 04:21 AM
The game isnʻt dead, donʻt treat it as such.

Extreme
08-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Chill guys, ik you all want an update, but their a company they need to concern most to the game that gives most provit, We all just need to wait and something will come. As G said "We are doing our best" Means they're. Ik we all get frustrated after long time without cap, Maybe you can things you can do to kill boredom, I did soloing L1-55 It sure kills my boredom, But main factor I stayed was for pvp. You all just need to find something you haven't done ingame, It helps me a lot..

~Extreme

Ladyviviane
08-19-2013, 05:33 AM
I've noticed 2 things after reading threads about PL
1. Those threads show how PL community cares n is concerned about its survive o.o
2. The Absolute silence from Sts :(

Doodlebeast
08-19-2013, 07:16 AM
I've noticed 2 things after reading threads about PL
1. Those threads show how PL community cares n is concerned about its survive o.o
2. The Absolute silence from Sts :(

Of course were concerned! I've put 2 years 1/2 into this game and some even devoted more than 3 years. It's really hard to leave this game.. We just hope that STG really " do their best "

Justg
08-19-2013, 07:54 AM
My two cents, and first I'll say that I haven't read this entire thread. I'm just responding to the first post.

You should probably read the rest of the thread then.

Doodlebeast
08-19-2013, 08:44 AM
If only they would concentrate everything into PL. Launching out new awesome skills like massive DoT skills from SL to PL. Drop systems from DL really makes me excited.. Dat gem dropping onto the floor and we have to collect it is just fun. AL? Attacking pets ofc. If only everything above is focused into PL, it would be AMAZING. Having caps over 100 and rival maple.

XghostzX
08-19-2013, 09:17 AM
If only they would concentrate everything into PL. Launching out new awesome skills like massive DoT skills from SL to PL. Drop systems from DL really makes me excited.. Dat gem dropping onto the floor and we have to collect it is just fun. AL? Attacking pets ofc. If only everything above is focused into PL, it would be AMAZING. Having caps over 100 and rival maple.

They can't do that though, Doodle. Sure, in our sake it would be awesome. But this same problem is going on with SL (other than the fact that PL was made first, and AL has the same theme as PL). However, how would you feel if they dropped everything onto SL, just because of one thread a forumer made?

As Necro said, the game isn't dead yet. Perhaps if everyone voiced their opinions in a respectful and mature manner, we would be answered more. Most of our threads have turned into rants when we demand more of PL (which includes me :disturbed:) Please avoid sounding spoiled - if we just keep wishing and wishing and bashing on PL, we can't expect anything to happen. STS realizes this already! They are well aware of the situation, and it's truly from business in which PL is simply not prioritized. We have to respect that and be patient.

@JustG, if I may ask - Is there some sort of penalty in relation to profits if simple bug fixes were made? I'm thinking more in terms of End Game PvP where it is extremely unbalanced (the minute end game PvP is balanced, the minute I start making tournament after tournament) - is something preventing STS from making changes? Does it have to do with prioritization, time, staff members, or money?

Edit: I don't mean a new level cap, I just mean simple stat changes as well as the amount of skill damage one can have - stuff as simple as that. I'm just curious from a business perspective.

octavos
08-19-2013, 09:33 AM

- g

Being a marketing man myself and understand the fundamentals. I have no hard feelings towards the decisions. I understand many have hard feelings to "No new cap announcement" But the fact is if they dont make hard decisions...we will NEVER have a new cap. SL is my 1st and favorite game..still love it today. Much love "G" and the rest of STS devs (and Delphi :)).

:ghost:

Fusionstrike
08-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Since the dev responses have been focused on the business aspects of running the games, I'll respond in kind.

Nobody denies that the business climate around mobile gaming is a tough one. I get that it's a high stakes business, and bad decisions have big consequences. It's a cut-throat world and you gotta do what you gotta do to stay alive. Point taken.

You must remember that the business you're in is not selling a product. You're selling an experience. There is a huge difference here. When selling a product, it's perfectly acceptable to make something, work it for a while, then move on to the next new thing. Nobody expects a company to make, say, a digital camera, then support that model for 10 years. Technology advances and new models have to come out to remain competitive.

In gaming, and MMOs especially, this "make, milk and move on" model doesn't work, at least not in the long-term. STS has created a series of games, moving its attention on in a more or less linear fashion. What this ignores is that people get into a game because it's going to be there for them: content, community, etc. This is why you would never launch a new game by saying, "We're going to support this game for two years then shut it down". Nobody would start because they would know from the beginning that their investment is wasted. However, this is the model you've fallen into (whether it was the plan all along or not).

If you guys were really savvy, you'd realize it's not an "all or nothing" proposition. Naturally games will need different amount of focus as their development plays out. But pouring all your effort into the "new shiny" while completely ignoring all the others is doing yourselves and your player base a massive disservice. A game like PL needs only a minimal investment in development time to sustain it. We all know the pattern of new caps and content, and the game doesn't need a massive rework in its features or basic mechanics. It can continue to provide enjoyment, and therefore revenue, with skeleton crew maintaining it. Not only does this earn money more cheaply than the "all hands on deck" development strategy on brand new games, but it also honors your long-term player base.

In every business, it is far cheaper to retain a loyal customer than convert a new one. This is especially true in an "experience" business, because an alienated customer is lost for ALL your titles, i.e. lost for good. And there are only so many MMO gaming players and hours to go around. I certainly won't invest any more of my time and money in any new title you produce because why should I invest in the "next" one only to have that one shelved on me too? Alienate enough people this way, and that becomes your reputation. Does WoW release a brand new title where everyone has to start over every year or two? No, they maintain their game and community. People buy in because they know it's still going to be there in 3, 5, 10 years from now.

People get frustrated because you guys use this all or nothing strategy that's ultimately self-defeating. It alienated the loyal community when it would have been so easy just to maintain a low-level of support to keep the game alive. That's certainly far easier than building out a whole new game and community, which is what you keep foisting on yourselves. You completely ignore the existing game, which makes the community back off and reduce its investment in the game, which creates lower revenue and "justifies" the lack of attention...even though it was the abrupt withdraw STS itself did that set the whole chain in motion. Many people talk as if it's perfectly normal that you'd completely abandon a title in order to get the next one out...as if that's the only possible way to operate. Well I'm here to point out that's not the only way to operate, and in fact it's not the optimal way either. A little bit of investment goes further in the established game, and also shows that you aren't going to just pull up stakes and ride off when the next idea comes along. And that makes it "safe" for the loyal following to come along with you to that new game, because the community's investment (and yes, WE invest our resources in your games just like STS does) will be respected.

I know the devs we talk to here don't set corporate strategy, so this isn't going to make any difference at all in the trajectory STS seems hell-bent on following. But I put this out there because I wanted you to know that yes, we do realize this is a business and yes, it doesn't do anyone any good if you guys close down for lack of profit. But here were are, your customers, telling you how it is on our end, providing direct customer satisfaction and retention data most industries can only dream about. It should be clear you can only afford to abandon and move on so many times before you run out of fresh customers to survive on. I hope the people in charge realize this before it's too late, because I and many others obviously want to keep you guys around.

Oldcoot
08-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Well said strike

XghostzX
08-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Wow Strike, really well said. Thanks for the feedback, you should consider building your own thread off of that. Seems like you have a pretty solid idea :)

Justg
08-19-2013, 11:37 AM
People get frustrated because you guys use this all or nothing strategy that's ultimately self-defeating. It alienated the loyal community when it would have been so easy just to maintain a low-level of support to keep the game alive. That's certainly far easier than building out a whole new game and community, which is what you keep foisting on yourselves. You completely ignore the existing game, which makes the community back off and reduce its investment in the game, which creates lower revenue and "justifies" the lack of attention...even though it was the abrupt withdraw STS itself did that set the whole chain in motion.

This is another type of feedback that we call a "sweeping generalization". Your recent memory has no updates, so you claim that we "never" update the games and that we have abrupt withdrawals. Here are some figures we pulled recently about how many updates we have done on our games:

PL updates (2010-04-03 - 2013-05-16) 346
SL updates (2011-07-20 - 2013-05-20) 135
DL updates (2012-04-11 - 2013-04-22) 67
AL updates (2012-11-02 - 2013-05-16) 65

We have still been updating our games (we added two new classes to PL this year!), just not as frequently as you would like. And this has allowed us to stay in business. We want to stay around too guys. We're still here, and still listening. Thanks for the fantastic conversation!

Stevenmc
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM
This is another type of feedback that we call a "sweeping generalization". Your recent memory has no updates, so you claim that we "never" update the games and that we have abrupt withdrawals. Here are some figures we pulled recently about how many updates we have done on our games:

We have still been updating our games (we added two new classes to PL this year!), just not as frequently as you would like. And this has allowed us to stay in business. We want to stay around too guys. We're still here, and still listening. Thanks for the fantastic conversation!

Does pocket legends have the least amount of players of all the legends games? Or can anyone give a link to the current (active) number of players for each of the titles?

dudetus
08-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Does pocket legends have the least amount of players of all the legends games? Or can anyone give a link to the current (active) number of players for each of the titles?

That's like asking a bank how much money they have. Don't expect any numbers.

I would say that AL is the current Kingpin, followed by PL, BD, DL and SL as last. These are only my assumptions, but I do think they are quite accurate estimates.

Thanks G for partisipating, I think the whole PL community appreciates it quite a bit :)

Chopper
08-19-2013, 01:24 PM

I would say that AL is the current Kingpin, followed by PL, BD, DL and SL as last. These are only my assumptions, but I do think they are quite accurate estimates.

Thanks G for partisipating, I think the whole PL community appreciates it quite a bit :)

I'm pretty sure a Bank has to report to someone how much money they have so they can ensure proper insurance coverage and get special borrowing rates to make deals with.

Although i think your assumption of AL, PL, etc. is probably correct. The sad fact is that because PL comes behind AL, STS puts more attention to AL, making people leave PL even more and fulfilling its own doom.

Ladyviviane
08-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Best,

- g

Ty ur reply reminds me when Sts posted graceful thread on fb : tks for all PL supporters for helping us get title best mmo of 201...
Wandering ... Where were all those AL playas when we was there ?

Fusionstrike
08-19-2013, 03:39 PM

I appreciate your response, but it is misleading at best. Nobody denies that PL has had updates throughout its life. But quoting total number of updates is not a meaningful metric. Sure, you did tons back when it was new...there weren't any other titles to work on! Nobody here is claiming that PL was never well-supported, only that its support has dropped off drastically. So it would be more meaningful to quote recent update activity.

Now, I don't know if your count includes every single time the sever goes down for even the most minor update. If you're counting things like plat sale start and end as "updates" then it simply makes the numbers even less meaningful. Regardless, I'll do some counting over the last 12 month period. I'm pulling this from Doc's timeline thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99436-PL-s-Timeline

Major PL updates in last 12 months
Aug 2012 - a series of updates to Forest Haven and tutorial system
Sept 2012 - BSM preview and daily blessings introduced
Oct 2012 - BSM released and level cap increased
Nov 2012 - BSM crafting released; shift from dragon sets to rings introduced
Dec 2012 - BSM elite weapons released; new classes added

These are all the substantial updates since 1 year ago. Each one of them materially added to PL's content and improved the experience of playing the game. Since then, there have been only superficial updates: a rehashed Easter event, several waves of vanities, and various gimmick weekends to double this or that. There hasn't been so much as a bug fix to any of the numerous reported issues players run into every day, nor whisper of any updates a la those at the end of 2012 I mentioned coming down the road. Given how long it takes to make a substantive content update, we're going to be well beyond a year since anything meaningful came out by the time it happens. It is hardly unreasonable for players to be voicing concerns at this point.

More troubling than the lack of action, though, is the lack of communication. I commend you for being one of the only ones even willing to chime in. Reports of increasingly poor customer service response time coupled with a drastic change from lots of communication to nearly none from nearly the entire staff rightly makes the community question the commitment to PL's future. Or put another way: if you were going to shutter PL, the complete lack of information and communication we've seen for most of 2013 is probably how it would start. So you really can't honestly blame people for getting nervous.

In the past, even during its quiet periods, PL always had at least a few posts from Samhayne and others, and the odd bug fix here and there dropped in. All of that stopped without comment or explanation, questions in the forums going unanswered. At least someone bothered to read and respond, albeit after a very long period of silence, so I'd like to take that as a good sign. I'll be much more convinced when responsiveness shifts back more to what we're used to seeing out of STS. We can tell when you guys are engaged, because you clearly actually care when you're truly paying attention to PL.

XghostzX
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM

I would think that SL is in front of DL due to what Apollo said - that the incubation time was extremely short (from DL to AL), so DL was neglected very quickly.

@Fusion - good point again. What I'm thinking is that PL had so many updates in it's time (whether it's meaningful/significant or not) because we've had three years to evolve.

But look in the perspective of the different games. SL was released after PL, and the number of updates AL had is rapidly catching up to SL. (Not to mention, AL will be passing up DL very soon). This shows a different pattern in which STS is taking... completely aside of PL.

Aracnus
08-19-2013, 06:03 PM
@ Post from G at top of page...

G, may I ask. Of these updates.. How many of them were double _ weekends, or plat sales?

Justg
08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Tough to say Aracnus. I know it is not a perfect representation of what has or is going in to the games, it is just an illustration that we have done a lot for all our games, and will always have many, many things to prioritize and balance.

It is true that some things take much less time than others though, we should get a thread together about quick-hit possibilities.

Aracnus
08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Tough to say Aracnus*. I know it is not a perfect representation of what has or is going in to the games, it is just an illustration that we have done a lot for all our games, and will always have many, many things to prioritize and balance.

It is true that some things take much less time than others though, we should get a thread together about quick-hit possibilities.

It sucks when the head of STS spells my name wrong :'-(

I'm just wondering.. I mean, even the like 3 teasers, and Infested Deck were great before we got the STS-25 content in SL! But most everything after that was double _ weekends, or a plat sale, or a re-used Vanity entering the store..

Justg
08-19-2013, 06:20 PM
It sucks when the head of STS spells my name wrong :'-(

I'm just wondering.. I mean, even the like 3 teasers, and Infested Deck were great before we got the STS-25 content in SL! But most everything after that was double _ weekends, or a plat sale, or a re-used Vanity entering the store..

Lol sorry... no slight intended!

Dunno about the specifics, I am sure the data is all out there if you wanna compile it!

Aracnus
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Lol sorry... no slight intended!

Dunno about the specifics, I am sure the data is all out there if you wanna compile it!

You're fine, it happens all the time. I'm used to it by now

Also, I believe Doc has done the info for us. I myself am too lazy to search through it, but I'm sure he might :-)

Eddison Sukansingh
08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks to sts for the delay of any new cap I'm able to get all level 76 elite weapons and 75 crafted sets. 66 and 71 were rushed and think. Before I was even able to start the elite quests of 71 it just up and disappeared :( .
Now I'm able to farm and save gold, do research on the mage, bear, bird, fox and rhino with patience and ease.
As I play pocket legends i don't rant and rave about updates because I enjoy playing the game in my free time and also learning.
I have a well balanced life and a very good budget of my time.

People complain but half of them don't know anything about the game or even wants to take time to learn.
All some people want is to see new stuff.
I call to impatient and immature of the older members.
I spend allot here like so many other gamers but I never or hardly complain about hacking, gaming issues, money or any other thing.
I compliment sts for drawing a line on the cap madness and giving us a chance and time to explore the heights we can reach in the game.

Respectfully: IGN: fireboyeddy
Guild: Cybertron

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

XghostzX
08-19-2013, 07:01 PM

That'd be a neat thread :)

Argyros
08-19-2013, 07:21 PM

That'd be a neat thread :)

Done!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112337-The-Solution-to-Immaturity-Building-Community-leaders&p=1231103#post1231103

Cheenivie
08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks to sts for the delay of any new cap I'm able to get all level 76 elite weapons and 75 crafted sets. 66 and 71 were rushed and think. Before I was even able to start the elite quests of 71 it just up and disappeared :( .
Now I'm able to farm and save gold, do research on the mage, bear, bird, fox and rhino with patience and ease.
As I play pocket legends i don't rant and rave about updates because I enjoy playing the game in my free time and also learning.
I have a well balanced life and a very good budget of my time.

People complain but half of them don't know anything about the game or even wants to take time to learn.
All some people want is to see new stuff.
I call to impatient and immature of the older members.
I spend allot here like so many other gamers but I never or hardly complain about hacking, gaming issues, money or any other thing.
I compliment sts for drawing a line on the cap madness and giving us a chance and time to explore the heights we can reach in the game.

Respectfully: IGN: fireboyeddy
Guild: Cybertron

I agree we are impatient but that is because we have been used to seeing new expansions earlier then usual.

The Sadness
08-19-2013, 08:47 PM
And when the next cap comes, how soon will you be bored again? This game was designed to make money from IAPs, the freemium business model. Problem is, thrashers are used to reach the next level cap as quickly as possible and those individuals are then left with nothing to accomplish.

My point is, if STS updates in December 2013, will you be content waiting until June 2015 for the next level cap? Seems that may be a very real long term outlook. Answer that question for yourself and then consider how much time/energy you want to invest in convincing STS to update PL.

Stevenmc
08-19-2013, 09:20 PM
And when the next cap comes, how soon will you be bored again? This game was designed to make money from IAPs, the freemium business model. Problem is, thrashers are used to reach the next level cap as quickly as possible and those individuals are then left with nothing to accomplish.

My point is, if STS updates in December 2013, will you be content waiting until June 2015 for the next level cap? Seems that may be a very real long term outlook. Answer that question for yourself and then consider how much time/energy you want to invest in convincing STS to update PL.

I would be fine with no new map updates for long periods of time, as long as things like pvp were in balance. It gives plenty of time to farm gold and items, and to cap for people who can't buy elixirs. I just hate how pvp is whoever dodges more, or who can one shot faster.

Eddison Sukansingh
08-19-2013, 09:46 PM
By 2015 I reckon I would have all the glyph blade steel to craft my glyph set so bring on the long wait, I welcome it.lol

Cheenivie
08-19-2013, 10:22 PM
I would be fine with no new map updates for long periods of time, as long as things like pvp were in balance. It gives plenty of time to farm gold and items, and to cap for people who can't buy elixirs. I just hate how pvp is whoever dodges more, or who can one shot faster.

BAM! I'm sure there wouldnt be as many complaints if pvp was balanced... Look at fang it was 9months I think it was more balanced then this cap and I believe there werent as many people complaining.

dudetus
08-20-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm pretty sure a Bank has to report to someone how much money they have so they can ensure proper insurance coverage and get special borrowing rates to make deals with.

Well duh, there must also b guys who can see the player rates in STG, the point was that it isn't public info.

Doodlebeast
08-20-2013, 02:13 AM
By 2015 I reckon I would have all the glyph blade steel to craft my glyph set so bring on the long wait, I welcome it.lol

Good luck. Nuri wasn't that farmable before and they've fix it.. That I'm happy.

Ladyviviane
08-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Erm ... PLZ remind me r we here to join our voices as one or kill each others with words ? May I PLZ suggest u to make n other Thread if u have different opinion ?

Chopper
08-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Well duh, there must also b guys who can see the player rates in STG, the point was that it isn't public info.

yes, only because STS chooses not to answer those questions, but it's readily available, i presume. The point of the previous comment was to imply that it's some sort of super secret or highly confidential information. I dont think it is. Games can advertise that they have over XXX amount of players in the community, making it the largest MMO in the world, for example. number of customers is not as highly confidential. Geez, McDonald's posts their customers served # on their store signs. STS can easily promote how many players they have in each game, but they wont, i guess.

LadyAnee
08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Well said strike

Z
08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
There used to be a thing that said how many ppl were online

Cheenivie
08-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Erm ... PLZ remind me r we here to join our voices as one or kill each others with words ? May I PLZ suggest u to make n other Thread if u have different opinion ?

We are here to voice our opinion and some may oppose to what others think but that's life.

Ladyviviane
08-21-2013, 05:14 PM
We are here to voice our opinion and some may oppose to what others think but that's life.

I k r tat why my suggestion ...! Lol :D

OvigorothO
08-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Best,

- g

Gary, pretty soon you're going to have an automated response for these threads. Instead of simply stating why things are the way they are, you should communicate in a constructive manner, perhaps create a thread in which you take feedback from players and compile a list of small and easy to implement features/fixes which are highly demanded. Having a smaller player base in one of your titles is no excuse for neglecting it, if you've got a group of cattle and one seems to produce more milk than the others would you begin feeding the other cattle less? I won't threaten to leave Pl if nothing is done, it's simply not that easy, but I will continue ranting about it in game and getting a bad taste in my mouth whenever I run into those bugs.

Not________
08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
What I'm posting is directly quoted from loyal players/customers of PL. You guys are an awesome community, I know you all try hard to respectfully share your thoughts. I gathered up some relatively significant quotes that had some impact to our community in terms of how we feel and adjust to different situations. Hope you enjoy...

ShadowStar - We ( PL community ) have been loyal to you, StG, some for a year, some 2, some from the beginning!
Long ago, I hear people's problems used to be answered alot!

Thank you guys so much. My intention was that any name I have included should feel as if they have nothing to worry about - the people I mentioned I consider leaders in the PL community , and you should truly feel no harm with me posting what you have mentioned.

However, if anyone has any issues with them, feel free to PM me and I'll remove yours. Thanks.

Just try to not to be disrespectful in any way towards STS. I just needed some sort of thread to represent how the entire community feels - a way in which we can all connect. Do I expect STS to do something about this? Of course not, we must respect their roadmap for their other games and what they have planned. PL is just the least of their concerns, and that's alright. It's the process of business and life.
How is Shadowstar a leader in the community? -.-

Seminole
08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Justg- like i said before, if you are not going to update this game anymore, at least fix pvp balance and provide a way for new players to get vanity bonuses. With this, you create unlimited revenue without even ever having to update the game again.

If we have no choice but to stay at a stand still for level increase, then please make this game as fun as it was during the sewer times when pvp was balanced and fun. I think you will find less complaining and more satisfied people. A majority of people are simply upset because of the lack of balance in this game.

Yes we accept that this game will not be updated for a long time. But can you please at the very least fix the game at the current state it is in right now so that it will be fun, pleasurable, and balanced while we wait for the next update to come however long it will be.

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this post justg.

-seminole

XghostzX
08-21-2013, 08:32 PM

Every post he has made shows how much he cares about PL and the community - in my eyes, he's always wanted to be part of something bigger, and this community gives it to him.

And goody for you on making a whole new account just to bash on him >.>

Oldcoot
08-21-2013, 08:40 PM
This^^ well said. Lay off my boy shadow
Edit: @ semi, please explain how a pvp fix will create a unlimited revenue?

Caiahar
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Every post he has made shows how much he cares about PL and the community - in my eyes, he's always wanted to be part of something bigger, and this community gives it to him.

And goody for you on making a whole new account just to bash on him >.>

Wonder who this guy is..
Edit: I mean dat Not guy :O not ghost ofc.
And thanks Oldcoot and ghost :o

Not________
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
All I see is Shadow making stupid posts. And trying to boost his post count -.-

Oldcoot
08-21-2013, 08:48 PM
No ,that's me

CrimsonTider
08-21-2013, 08:55 PM

I consider someone like him a leader because of his passion and willingness to learn and help. At least he doesn't hide behind an alternate forum account just to troll or put others down.

Suentous PO
08-21-2013, 09:05 PM

Don't try to turn an important thread into a soapbox for your unwanted opinions in order to flame safely behind alt. acc.

angeldawn
08-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Shadow is a good kid trying to find his place in the community. He is sweet, comical and loves making friends. I've never seen him negative towards anyone in game. He is always willing to join in anything going on and always there when others need help.

Not:
Please stop hiding behind a new account to troll him. I'm actually curious if you can even compare to his kindness.

lakersrockftw
08-21-2013, 09:31 PM
I remember when it showed how many players were online idk why they removed it.

Caiahar
08-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Wish I had thanks for all you guys.
Being handled through PM, tho I highly doubt he cares, as it is probably a troll/alt account.

XghostzX
08-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Wish I had thanks for all you guys.
Being handled through PM, tho I highly doubt he cares, as it is probably a troll/alt account.

Thank you for taking the appropriate and respectful approach to the problem :)

Doodlebeast
08-22-2013, 02:26 AM
Whatever..Since they dont really care anymore.. STS I dare you to make 10 more MMO in a year

Extreme
08-22-2013, 04:01 AM

O_o I promise this is the most stupid thing I've ever read. Shadowstar is a pure Leader for me, At least for me.. If you want me to explain why, Sorry I can't since Words can't Explain this guy, how loyal he he been to community and to me. To be honest, I feel better when someone hate me then someone hating my friend, Especially this friend who have been there when I need him. If you have issues with him, We can solve this.

~Extreme

The Sadness
08-22-2013, 04:38 AM
All I see is a coward who hides behind a new forum account. Don't worry about Shadowstar, i would be more concerned about the man in the mirror. Shadowstar is young, has time to mature, sadly I think you've reached peak of your life.

bglir
08-22-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm not that very good with words same goes to my PVP skills :subdued:, but i would like to say a few words to support all those who are loyal and came to love PL, i love PL and i will stay to the very end, i understand and accept that sts need to make more revenue so that they stay in business and continue to make and introduce even better and exciting games, i am thankful and greatly appreciate sts have made the most awesome and the best game that i have ever played, but please you need to take care the condition and state of the games that you have created, if PL is the example that shows lack of customer service towards them after a certain time, how people will feel of playing other games that you have created if after running a year or two, trust and care that makes people to come back and attracts even more.
I really care and love this game, please help spare some of your times to see through some of our concerns.

razerfingers
08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Oo nice read, see. The other day(like two months ago or something weird like that) i wanted a disc plat item i bought from the store. Just because it would be my first disc item. I email support and was rather suprised when sam answered and fufilled the request. See i was so suprised because tgpically i get a oh problem solved no answer or a copy paste. And the reason for me leaving really is because what i said in my thread and girlfriend said you've spent too much in the game you gotta save that money and come down and see me! So i'm like fair enough *click* ;)
Felt like adding some humor to the end xP

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Justg
08-22-2013, 02:35 PM

Thread started, let us know here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112724-Your-Top-Three-Things-that-Need-Fixin%92-in-PL

Swords
08-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Pl has a total of 7 million players, so if AL has 10x the number of players than PL, wouldn't that be 70 million players in AL? I find that hard to believe since 70 million players wouldn't play on just 1 server, or it would just making everyone lag or crash down app

Suentous PO
08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Pl has a total of 7 million players, so if AL has 10x the number of players than PL, wouldn't that be 70 million players in AL? I find that hard to believe since 70 million players wouldn't play on just 1 server, or it would just making everyone lag or crash down app

10x the downloads which is not how many people play every day (or at once).

Cheenivie
08-22-2013, 07:47 PM
And 7million of the downloads are from pl players and maybe up to 10million of em cause of multiple devices

CrimsonTider
08-22-2013, 08:26 PM
10x the downloads which is not how many people play every day (or at once).

And 7million of the downloads are from pl players and maybe up to 10million of em cause of multiple devices

This is where 'ole Crim says, "Common sense isn't so common."

I have been making this point for months now.

lakersrockftw
08-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Exactly lol

asazocave
08-23-2013, 01:16 AM
was confuse between al and pl
ill go with al now

Ladyviviane
08-23-2013, 05:11 AM

If 7M of pl playas n all their friends stop playing al ... How much playas left on al ...?

Aracnus
08-25-2013, 09:36 PM
If 7M of pl playas n all their friends stop playing al ... How much playas left on al ...?

The ones from SL and DL who got smart and went to a game that gets frequently updated ;-)

FluidShot
08-25-2013, 11:51 PM
The ones from SL and DL who got smart and went to a game that gets frequently updated ;-)

Unless they tried it and couldn't stand the mechanics...

Darthbeake
08-27-2013, 11:06 AM

Personally, I never bother with thrashers. I used to buy them every day, back when I was hell bent on hitting a cap. But since I know STS won't be updating the cap anytime soon, why should I bother spending plat on thrashers? I have about 1500 plat left from back when STS was focused on this game. And these days I pretty much only spend 5-15 of it here and there when they actually come out with an original vanity that I like.

Memo to STS: get back to work on original content for PL and I might have to start buying plat again.

XghostzX
08-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Memo to STS: get back to work on original content for PL and I might have to start buying plat again.

Unfortunately, one person's offer to buying more plat will not influence their decisions at all.

In fact, making comments like this can really turn STS away from PL - we can't be greedy in our desires and wishes for the game, whether it's content or bug fixes.

Pocket Legends is like an old girlfriend, Apollo once told me. Perhaps you want to stick through with that girl because you believe she's the one for you - or that it's simply time to move on.

Don't have high expectations of STS fixing anything relatively soon, and do your best to enjoy the content we have now. :) If you feel discouraged from playing the game, don't play it. Games are meant to be fun. Try talking to your PL friends and switching to AL. Perhaps it's a good opportunity to take a break from gaming until things are fixed here in PL.

Justg
08-27-2013, 12:41 PM
This thread has run it's course, come on over here next and help us figure some things out: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112724-Your-Top-Three-Things-that-Need-Fixin%92-in-PL