PDA

View Full Version : WHY???

Juicymango
08-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Simple question:

People join my guild knight of Shadow, take our help with bosses, xp runs etc and if they reach lvl 30 they leave....
I work really hard and try to help every member...but for what?? To build strong players, lvl them up so they can join EoS ,DM or CU?? (nothing against this guilds i respect them and i know they worked hard to become that strong)

So my question: what i can i Do to make ppl stay?
Thanks in advance for any good ideas :)

Jxmaa
08-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Do you have any contests in your guild? Will propably keep all ur members more active.
Also maybe if you could promote people on a weekly basis ( the ones who worth it ) as many people care so much for a promotion ahhah.
Maybe you can try and organise some guild meetings in the guild hall or in any map through Arlor.

Puntus
08-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Juicy, that happens in all guilds , in Cu, Eos, DM some members leave too , I was an officer in Culto Arcano and some mebers when we help him to reach level , elite, ap... they leave to another guild with better rank, the same happened when I was officer in CU, but the members who re most grateful probably stay in ur guild , its hard to build a guild , good luck

Spyce
08-17-2013, 08:53 AM
In my opinion, there's to many "newb" players.

Mafiawar
08-17-2013, 08:53 AM
hard to control guild in arcane legend i hve sell my guild :(

Temarichan
08-17-2013, 08:59 AM
It also happens to the Darksiders. But we only allow level 30+. Were planning to make a guild for low levelers so when they reach 28-30 they will join the Darksiders.

Perhaps make a rule (if you can) for 30+ members only.
Keep them interested in guild activities. We always need to entertain them.
Try to make them feel at home.
Keep a good conversation when the guild chat is empty
Im guessing your a guildmaster right? Demand a little. Set some rules for the guild. Such as level 30+ only. Or if you declare doing some elites, don't ask. Do it.
Have some loyal officers with you to keep things in order while you are away.

Overall, you need some connection with your members that convinces them that this is the right place to settle and help out the guild.

IronMonkey
08-17-2013, 10:24 AM
You can't please everybody, as the saying goes. That's the reality of life, you can only do so much as a guildmaster. My suggestion: Pay more attention to the founding members of your guild, this is not a contest of who's the biggest guild. Its better to have a smaller guild with close friends rather than a loud guild with strangers.

Juicymango
08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
It also happens to the Darksiders. But we only allow level 30+. Were planning to make a guild for low levelers so when they reach 28-30 they will join the Darksiders.

Perhaps make a rule (if you can) for 30+ members only.
Keep them interested in guild activities. We always need to entertain them.
Try to make them feel at home.
Keep a good conversation when the guild chat is empty
Im guessing your a guildmaster right? Demand a little. Set some rules for the guild. Such as level 30+ only. Or if you declare doing some elites, don't ask. Do it.
Have some loyal officers with you to keep things in order while you are away.

Overall, you need some connection with your members that convinces them that this is the right place to settle and help out the guild.

We tried to only allow lvl 30+ but didnt work coz our guildmaster (not me im only officer to answer the question) made the mistake with Recruiters...he said at lvl 20+ you will be promoted and now we have like 500 recruiters...if we demote all our guild will only have like 200 members then.
Yes we had an Event and we have some atm too. Once we had a weekly giveaway but that didnt work coz there were only 3 ppl who gave away.and 100s of "give to me pls im weaker than them"
Now we have some competitions sometimes( the guy who collects the most pve/pvp kills in 30 min gets a reward) also some xp runs etc
Most of the ppl in my guild think that im master (lol) coz our master is sometimes a Bit passive.
I told him already but hes still not very active (anyway much more than before) the other reason is why many lvl 30+ left the beggars. The begging constantly for money or help or send random invitations. I told our High lvls if anyone has problems with members tell an officer and we will talk about the Problems....but they simply left...
I will talk to the other officers and to master if they have any improvements...
Thanks for all these good feedbacks

Temarichan
08-17-2013, 10:53 AM
If it helps, perhaps you should see an example of set rules. This is our Darksiders website. Tap/Click guild charter for the rules and regulations that we have set for the guild. You don't have to copy us totally or anything. Just an example of set rules that maybe your guildmaster could check out. In our guild, if you beg, your elgible to be kicked. (if you can't access this web or something, we also have a forum thread. Look us up)

http://darksidersofarlor.wix.com/home

Frohnatur
08-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Kick beggars, after first warning. Promote to recruiter only lvl30. That gives people additional incentive to become high level. Help them with achievments. Dont help them level (they need the experience achieve themselfs), instead give level-tipps, encourage level-mates to level together (helps build up friendships). Dont allow aggressive talk. Instead do entertaining talk yourselve. Dont care about the size of ur guild. Instead care about the number of active members. Organize achievment parties. Set few, but strong rules. Keep the numbers of officers small. demote whos a season or more behind. And... Most of all: be there. As much as possible (even afk helps cause people measure activity by looking in guild list whos on). Hope that helps. Oh, and create a fb page and a forum (-thread here or ur own like we did because its in german). People want to be social with eachother.
im trying to get my own guild out of the ashes after some serious trouble (long time vacation plus resulting mutiny) and the first signs of recovery makes me confident those rules help.

Juicymango
08-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Kick beggars, after first warning. Promote to recruiter only lvl30. That gives people additional incentive to become high level. Help them with achievments. Dont help them level (they need the experience achieve themselfs), instead give level-tipps, encourage level-mates to level together (helps build up friendships). Dont allow aggressive talk. Instead do entertaining talk yourselve. Dont care about the size of ur guild. Instead care about the number of active members. Organize achievment parties. Set few, but strong rules. Keep the numbers of officers small. demote whos a season or more behind. And... Most of all: be there. As much as possible (even afk helps cause people measure activity by looking in guild list whos on). Hope that helps. Oh, and create a fb page and a forum (-thread here or ur own like we did because its in german). People want to be social with eachother.
im trying to get my own guild out of the ashes after some serious trouble (long time vacation plus resulting mutiny) and the first signs of recovery makes me confident those rules help.
Most things you named we have already...the first thing i have to go now is speaking with master.about our recruitets and "viel glück" with your guild :D
Thanks temarichan for the many tips :)

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2013, 03:24 PM
You can't please everybody, as the saying goes. That's the reality of life, you can only do so much as a guildmaster. My suggestion: Pay more attention to the founding members of your guild, this is not a contest of who's the biggest guild. Its better to have a smaller guild with close friends rather than a loud guild with strangers.

Beyond true and only a few will know what i mean

matanofx
08-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Be like "yo, if you ever leave guild i will kick a kitten". Aint no one wanna have that on their conscious.

Alrisaia
08-17-2013, 04:40 PM
guild
/gild/
Noun
1. A medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
2. An association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

Juicy -

So, I took a look at KoS thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99351-lt-Knights-of-shadow-gt&p=1109436#post1109436) and I can perhaps give you some feedback with regards to the guild.

One thing I don't see is any sort of vision for your guild, try to determine what your purpose is - if you unite players who have common goals you're more likely to stick together. For instance, <Farmers Inc> are PVE farming players for the most part from what I understand. <Elite Runners> (my guild) are focused on Elite farming and Elite APs.

From my own limited experience with my guild (we have only about 100 active members not including twinks).
We also allowed low level members to join. We did not help them level up, we did not give them items (with the exceptional loaner here or there). We have very little attrition and the really good players who have left - actually came back...

Numbers don't mean much with regards to how many players you have. Once we started growing too big - I demoted everyone to members and began only recruiting lv 30+ who knew how to run elite already... people who got in prior to that level requirement are still in and some are still under 30, however we're now focused on recruiting [Paragon] title players.

The reason I believe we (as a guild) are successful is because we had an inclusive attitude, we humbled ourselves, we didn't tolerate drama and nonsense, and we invited people who wanted to be in our guild. Typically when someone would ask me to join ER - my first question to them was Why do you want to join?

This helped me to weed out people that I didn't think would be a good fit for our guild and who I believed would only be frustrated and leave. I always provided a 'full disclosure' of - we're really small, we don't help people level, etc... etc...

All that being said - maybe if you had a focal point for the guild, be it PVP, Bael / Krunch hunting, running Elites, farming eggs, or merching - (I'm sure there's more)... it would help for your guild to stick together and attempt to achieve your goals together. The guild chatter in ER is oftentimes quiet - but I very rarely see: "Help me with ____________ please" usually what I see is: "Any runs need DPS?". That's the difference between having a central purpose and having just a bunch of people thrown into a room together all who end up doing their own thing anyway...

To sum all that up: Invite people who have common goals and interests and have a filter on when you're recruiting.

Juicymango
08-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Juicy -

So, I took a look at KoS thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99351-lt-Knights-of-shadow-gt&p=1109436#post1109436) and I can perhaps give you some feedback with regards to the guild.

One thing I don't see is any sort of vision for your guild, try to determine what your purpose is - if you unite players who have common goals you're more likely to stick together. For instance, <Farmers Inc> are PVE farming players for the most part from what I understand. <Elite Runners> (my guild) are focused on Elite farming and Elite APs.

From my own limited experience with my guild (we have only about 100 active members not including twinks).
We also allowed low level members to join. We did not help them level up, we did not give them items (with the exceptional loaner here or there). We have very little attrition and the really good players who have left - actually came back...

Numbers don't mean much with regards to how many players you have. Once we started growing too big - I demoted everyone to members and began only recruiting lv 30+ who knew how to run elite already... people who got in prior to that level requirement are still in and some are still under 30, however we're now focused on recruiting [Paragon] title players.

The reason I believe we (as a guild) are successful is because we had an inclusive attitude, we humbled ourselves, we didn't tolerate drama and nonsense, and we invited people who wanted to be in our guild. Typically when someone would ask me to join ER - my first question to them was Why do you want to join?

This helped me to weed out people that I didn't think would be a good fit for our guild and who I believed would only be frustrated and leave. I always provided a 'full disclosure' of - we're really small, we don't help people level, etc... etc...

All that being said - maybe if you had a focal point for the guild, be it PVP, Bael / Krunch hunting, running Elites, farming eggs, or merching - (I'm sure there's more)... it would help for your guild to stick together and attempt to achieve your goals together. The guild chatter in ER is oftentimes quiet - but I very rarely see: "Help me with ____________ please" usually what I see is: "Any runs need DPS?". That's the difference between having a central purpose and having just a bunch of people thrown into a room together all who end up doing their own thing anyway...

To sum all that up: Invite people who have common goals and interests and have a filter on when you're recruiting.

Good Words and suggestions i will try some of them thank you

Frohnatur
08-17-2013, 05:25 PM
And where is ur guild master? Checked out ur kos thread and coudnt see him much in those pictures. A good gild needs a good guildmaster who is present and available. Smeone wich the others can look up to and take example.

Juicymango
08-17-2013, 06:18 PM
And where is ur guild master? Checked out ur kos thread and coudnt see him much in those pictures. A good gild needs a good guildmaster who is present and available. Smeone wich the others can logok up to and take example.

Good idea :D i will Call him for a Photoshooting :p

Y O L O
08-17-2013, 09:49 PM

Well said <3.

Paulsebi
08-18-2013, 04:49 AM
Hello Juicy,

As most said its very hard to keep players. I can tell you from EOS perspective.
Sometime players leaves EOS, but true more are coming in..
You should not care so much about people leaving the guild. This mean they are not loyal to you / your guild.You can't satisfy all, and you can't help all.

But indeed you should have some rules in place... they should respect them and get warnings / kicks if they break them... you should do some recruitment criteria... not to get simply a rank in guild... and also more and more contests.

If you want... check my guild thread and you will find out I'm always trying to keep guild thread updated / implement contests and not giving up so fast.Create a guild it's easy, but growing it and building it strong it's not easy at all... it's time consuming and a lot of nerves etc....
Don't worry about people leaving, others will come... and who appreciate you and your guild mates work will stay there and these are the loyal guys.
I told to everyone in EOS... the door is open.. we don't force them to stay... but we try to keep them by helping / giving contests etc....

If you need any help from me, don't hesitate to pm me here and in game and I will help you with pleasure...

Deadroth
08-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Hello Juicy,

As most said its very hard to keep players. I can tell you from EOS perspective.
Sometime players leaves EOS, but true more are coming in..
You should not care so much about people leaving the guild. This mean they are not loyal to you / your guild.You can't satisfy all, and you can't help all.

But indeed you should have some rules in place... they should respect them and get warnings / kicks if they break them... you should do some recruitment criteria... not to get simply a rank in guild... and also more and more contests.

If you want... check my guild thread and you will find out I'm always trying to keep guild thread updated / implement contests and not giving up so fast.Create a guild it's easy, but growing it and building it strong it's not easy at all... it's time consuming and a lot of nerves etc....
Don't worry about people leaving, others will come... and who appreciate you and your guild mates work will stay there and these are the loyal guys.
I told to everyone in EOS... the door is open.. we don't force them to stay... but we try to keep them by helping / giving contests etc....

If you need any help from me, don't hesitate to pm me here and in game and I will help you with pleasure...

Exactly. The key is 'fame' of each guild. Dear Juicy... Try to disseminate the "Knights of Shadow" in all nessesary ways. Like Paul, I and officers do it for EoS. It is hard, but we are trying to do our best to keep guild in her due condition.

Juicymango
08-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Thanks for all those great tips think i know now what to do :)

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-18-2013, 07:53 AM
most of the higher ranking guilds are quantity based. You said earlier that you have about 500 recruiters (excluding members, officers etc) some guilds have too many people in them that you barely know or see or talk to each other. There's a reason why a guildhall only has 30pax capacity. I suggest for you to focus on making a core group first that would be the foundation of the guild. :)

Spyce
08-18-2013, 09:19 AM
hard to control guild in arcane legend i hve sell my guild :(

You're not allowed to sell guilds..