PDA

View Full Version : Orion or Clyde

cave quester
08-17-2013, 12:53 PM
So guys im gonna make a new main soon with all plat gear and stuff like that his name atm is shadowquester what do you think? but the main topic of this is what pet? orion or clyde or maybe something completely different ... the more comments the better and lets see the screenshots of your fav pets and why :congratulatory:

Azemeazed
08-17-2013, 01:34 PM
i dont like either of them.
but if i have to choose its orion couse he got nice damage%.
for me best pet for pvp is slag. it got awsome damage, hp, speed and stun.
best for soloing tombs, searching for bael etc is abaddon. it has great speed boost, great damage and nice aoe damage skill.
for elites colton is very good, it gives you nice int, damage and party crit boost.
arcane pets are the best but hard to get, so among easier to get pets here you go.

falmear
08-17-2013, 05:26 PM
If you're going for just one pet, I would get Malison.

will0
08-17-2013, 08:51 PM
malison , slag ... colton ... good for mage

Kraze
08-17-2013, 08:54 PM
All hail ribbit

will0
08-17-2013, 09:03 PM
ribbit is good for bosses high crit :)

Kraze
08-17-2013, 09:50 PM
ribbit is good for bosses high crit :)
Rib is great for mobs drop clock + arcane=profit

drgrimmy
08-17-2013, 09:52 PM
In terms of these two pets, sure slag is similar and better to clyde, but slag is no longer available. Clyde is still a very good pet for pvp. He gives you 30int, 10str which boosts your health, a pretty good boost to your baseline crit, and most importantly an arcane skill that can be used to stunlock rogues in combination with fireball. Slag and clyde are my two favorite pvp pets despite even having an arcane pet.

Orion is also a great pet. Actually my second favorite pet for pve. He is a great pet for when you get to the bosses in nordr to give you more defense against being one shotted and to buff your party and debuff the bosses. I usually use a more offensive pet for the elite mobs (favorite hammerjaw for now) and quickly switch to orion for the bosses. Will save you and your party more than you think.

As testament to how much I like these pets:

Sure malison is a great overall pet, but as they say, "a jack of all trades, a master of none." He is a solid pet to boost all stats but has no one particular strength. I guess good if you can get only one pet.

Ribbit, really? If you wanted to be a rogue, then just make a new character. Sure lightening can give you 250% damage on crit, but there is really a lot of debate about the usefulness of a crit build for a sorcerer. Sure great for certain applications, but I don't think a really good choice for most sorcerers. I know I am going to get a lot of haters for this comment.

Linkincena
08-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Onion :P

Yakiniku
08-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Clyde's panic actually works in pvp when you level him?

Robhawk
08-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Clyde's panic actually works in pvp when you level him?

Yes, if enemy is in range of clyde.

Energizeric
08-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Everything Drgrimmy said I agree with.

I'll just add that I have found 2 uses for Ribbit as a sorcerer...

1) If I'm in a party with a good tank, but not a good high damage rogue, and we are taking on an elite boss, I'll use Ribbit in order to significantly increase damage so that it doesn't take forever. You just have to time Ribbit's arcane crit boost with your lightning strike.

2) 1-on-1 PvP against a warrior. Gives you a little health boost and helps you take down the warrior faster, otherwise it can take forever. I wouldn't try this against a warrior with a maul though.

Taejo
08-18-2013, 10:16 PM
"Hammertoes" and "Stupidbird"... nice :)

IronMonkey
08-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Rib is great for mobs drop clock + arcane=profit

I normally do this in elite but when bosses, I switch to Orion for an hp boost and a chance to stun. Im still confused of whether to get Clyde, I normally pve, is it not effective on bosses?

fumolamota
08-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Save your plat. Expansion in 2 weeks & new pets. Make the decision then.

Wutzgood
08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Clyde is my favorite pet I have out of 33. Slag and Colton are next. I like Clyde more because he is faster and runs out quicker and farther at mobs