PDA

View Full Version : Finally, i spoke to someone in game !!!

Messiyah
10-29-2010, 11:20 AM
lol...after playing for a few weeks, i finally actually used the chat function.

I am lvl 31 now, and its so sad, but up until last night, every party i joined, every quest i completed, was done in complete silence.

The occasional 'revive me', or 'tks' from a player i revived, was the only chat i saw.

I was getting totally bored of the monotonous grind, however now i have renewed hope, that maybe you can get to build friendships and teams in this game !

Rakhi, and Bearyhoo ( i think that was his name ) were the 2 players in the party, and they actuallly chatted whilst playing.

so big tks to both of them, they kinda reinvigorated my desire to play the game ^^

Hope to meet more ppl and actually play one more than one occasion with the same ppl !

~M~

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
In the beginning levels, a lot of folks don't even know how to use chat and are too busy just trying to stay alive to talk much. Every time they bump to a new campaign, same thing: just trying to stay alive. You get a lot more chat from a group in AO3--anybody with knowledge of the level trying to spread the word and keep the group alive. Or a group of higher levels farming in the mini-dungeons. The enemies can't do any damage, so there's a chance to joke and pass the time of day.

Give it a couple weeks--after the fourteenth person has tried to initiate a trade or "can I see?" after a lucky drop in the middle of a mob and you'll enjoy the quiet. ;)

RedRyder
10-29-2010, 01:11 PM
lol yea i go back on my twink and i noticed NO ONE talks. they ignore me at that, i try and give advice to the mages and often got cursed out lol. but yea, as you get up there, youll come across more social players, or just butt into a convo in forest haven towne and start off there

tjornan
10-29-2010, 08:39 PM
WTF

Now im pissed off. seriously. Is this what the game is coming to? No chatting and just farming? its called a MULTIPLAYER game for a frickin reason idiots. This is super discouraging, and im sure this game WILL DIE if this continues to happen. No talking? i assume the oldies still talk to people. I wasnt even planning to reply to any threads, but this is fricking stupid. WTF im so pissed im going to make a thread. maybe

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2010, 09:00 PM
BBQ!!!!!. ;)

I don't talk a lot in games--usually because I'm trying to do my job in the group. In AO3 as a Mage, I'm too busy spamming health pots, spamming heal spells, checking to see if I need to cast to complete a combo and looking out for the icky little aliens that seem to love sneaking up on mages and killing them. I'm also scanning everybody else's health line so they don't need to yell, "Rez!"--I'm already doing it. And casting an offensive spell or two in my "spare time". That's in between ignoring people that want to trade in the middle of a mob, ignoring people that want me to give them whatever I got in a drop and ignoring invite spam. We can chat when we clear a room, before we start or after we finish a
level or back in town afterwards--sorry, but I can only multitask so much if you want me to do my job properly.