PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Mages being overpowered.

Uziscata
08-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Im sure this issue has been brought up multiple times. But here goes again.
it is so unfair that mages get a 30second stun, plus a shield and now if you have a proper spec they can hit you down to like 10% then you cant even do anything cause your permanently stunned. How is is that mages can have a shield, a stun, the ability to hit you and your health like drops below 20%, and then have a heal for mana and health.
ANd then mages complain about rogues being able to 1 hit you. Im sorry but that barely ever happens cause mages have a shield, and they can 1 hit rogues just as easily. And a crit is just lucky.
Where as mages have shield, stun all the time.
Whats the point in even fighting when your stunned for 30 seconds non stop.
Please do something about this. It's actually really annoying.
And I dont care about haters posting on this.
Post all you want everyone knows its true.

Alhuntrazeck
08-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Hi uzi! :o

Erm, not hating/flaming, but here's my opinion:

For the past two seasons (I'm counting this season az one since its almost done), mages have been the underdogs. Shield was no option, neither was curse--a mage was basically target practice ffor rogues n even warriors.

And now, when mages are good--thats when the complains start. Rogues can two-hit a shielded mage once 2s invulnerability runs out, and mages can stun that rogue before it happens. I know, I had a rogue test it on me :p once shield invulnerability wears off, all it took was a HJ+AS to break my shield and an SP to finish me off. Without my stuns, it'd be an auto GG. (That rogue IS a full-myth n I'm a no-myth, but still u get the picture).

It all kind of balances out don't it? The way I see it now: rogues beat warrs, warrs beat mages and mages beat rogues.

Looking forward to HELPING you in PvP uzi :p

P.S: come back to eos!!!!

Uziscata
08-18-2013, 07:19 AM
No cause wars with mauls are still hard to beat.
And ur forgetting the 30 second long stun? ur talking about being able to 2 hit a mage. How can we do that when we are stunned?
cause when we arent stunned its already too late.
Im not gona argue with u over this, But Imagine what mages are gona be like after expansion?...
rogues get one good thing which is aim shot crit.. MAges get stun, crit, and a shield..
think about that.

Valsacar
08-18-2013, 08:54 AM
What 30s stun are you talking about?

Daddyblu
08-18-2013, 08:55 AM
for me mage are fine...

As a warrior no problem in killing mages on 1-1 with 80%-90% Hp and im referring to full mythic mage what ever build they have.

Spyce
08-18-2013, 09:22 AM
In my opinion, mages should just stay support.
Let the warrior and rogue do the killing.

Soundlesskill
08-18-2013, 09:23 AM
There's only 2 mages in al who should be classified as OP.

Smoller

Psykopathic

Aracnus
08-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Mage Op? Pfff!

Go to SL, their commandos are definitely more Op than sorcerers. Or, go to PL. Their end-game matches can end in 1 hit!

IronMonkey
08-18-2013, 09:36 AM
In my opinion, mages should just stay support.

You might as well remove the mages on LBs then. There are a handful of good mages out there (excluding me, i pvp), they won't like your opinion, I think.

Spyce
08-18-2013, 09:37 AM
You might as well remove the mages on LBs then. There are a handful of good mages out there (excluding me, i pvp), they won't like your opinion, I think.

Most mages are support but there's a dozen of great killing mages.

JaytB
08-18-2013, 09:42 AM
If you believe every opinion posted on these forums, all classes are OP.

Infrico
08-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Laughed at the thread title

jabu69
08-18-2013, 11:07 AM
this is what makes this thread a classic

matanofx
08-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Oh please make it stop!

All the +2-3 kdr rogues are crying about mages im so bored with explaining why you all just need to take a chill pill

Mages are easily killed 1v1, we're better as a support toon and that is our purpose, rogues kill mages asist and get kills and tanks tank.

Mages are most definitely not OP we're just more balanced now compared to before and all you precious super rogues simply dont like the new status.

Youre not used to being killed by a (god forbid) mage!, stop whining and play team youll have fun.

Natrich
08-18-2013, 12:24 PM
HAHA, bet you can't wait for next expansion then :gorilla:

Haligali
08-18-2013, 12:41 PM
I understand your frustration, however the 'when your stunned for 30 seconds non stop' isnt possible since there is already a stun immune in the fighting system.
I think you meant the pets panic, which is very long, and it seems there is no immune to that. A well timed group of slags/samaels/clydes can stunlock the whole team, that should be changed.

Bless
08-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I understand your frustration, however the 'when your stunned for 30 seconds non stop' isnt possible since there is already a stun immune in the fighting system.
I think you meant the pets panic, which is very long, and it seems there is no immune to that. A well timed group of slags/samaels/clydes can stunlock the whole team, that should be changed. agreed, stun pets should be nerfed

Soundlesskill
08-18-2013, 01:29 PM
I think you meant the pets panic, which is very long, and it seems there is no immune to that. A well timed group of slags/samaels/clydes can stunlock the whole team, that should be changed.

agreed, stun pets should be nerfed

I third that

Psykopathic28
08-18-2013, 07:03 PM
So let's take a trip through AL history :)

Season 1 - rogues Op in elites cuz they only ones for fast time runs then.

Season 2 - rogues Op in pvp with Arcane hooks and still dominating time runs.

Season 3 - Ever fought 3-4 mauls at once? Even 2? Warriors got their arcanes this season and are hardcore OP but who cares. A few deaths ain't gonna take any1 off the leaderboard. I can own about any rogue on the game 1v1 but I can't touch any 1/2 decent warrior.

Season 4 - mages finally get their Arcane and we will be OP just like the rogues and warriors before us. So I would suggest either switching classes or preparing to taste our 3 seasons worth of lil blue wrath that's gonna unleash all over AL :)

And P.S. - no one who's class has a 1-hit KO button should complain about other classes being OP :)

Just my 2 cents. Happy pvp'ing

(My seasons may be slightly off when things release but u get the picture lol )

Cero
08-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorc are way Overpowered.
YES, ATLAST!

vholt
08-18-2013, 08:51 PM
In my opinion, vholt should just stay support.

I like the way you think ;D

Kraze
08-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Wow I really thought this would be pl thread I'd pop in lol and go play al. The only thing the "mage" is op at is falling down. Far and away the lowest armor no dodge and low crit.

Either the op is a troll post or your slightly mad. Oh and this mana heal nonsense the sorc class dies far to fast to take advantage of it. Those that are using it in pvp have it to refill the one button instant win machine that is as.

jabu69
08-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Let's go through a bit of wonderful gaming history:

If you were ever a hardcore WoW pvp fan, you would have experienced 13 (is it 14 now?) seasons of horrible pvp, where each season had an OP class. In WoW you have about 10 classes, and then each class can basically perform the role of a tank / dd / healer, so you have about 30 archetypes that could be OP each season. As you can see, that leads to a lot of BS happening every season. I'm sure you can look up great rants on how spriest was OP or warlocks were OP in season 4, etc. And think about how big WoW pvp was. You could be playing pvp full time if you were good enough. Yet Blizzard could not make every class completely balanced.

The point I'm trying to make is that even a big company like Blizzard producing the world's biggest MMO can't balance its pvp system because pvp is simply so diverse that a dev can't account for every single change and factor. That being said, I do think that the class system in AL needs a rework, such as a desperate need for a healer, but I do understand that pvp is impossible to balance unless you designate each class to perform one specific role. Mage could be cc/support, rogue could be dps, warrior could be tank, and then a priest could be a healer, so then you could only have one class doing damage (rogue), other classes doing minor damage, and then 1-2 specific healers. But that would be silly because in pvp there is no such thing as a tank unless he had about 50 taunts.

So there you have it, a brief history and understanding of the pvp system.

p.s. As a final note, if you are going to complain about something, offer some good reasoning otherwise no one will listen. It's easy to point out the advantages of each class without considering every other class at hand, so if you are going to offer reasoning, don't say "omgeee mage 25 second stun OP", say, "Mages are broken because they have a way of hitting a stun through a wall and guarantee their stun first in any engagement. So if they can stun first no matter what and then keep you stunned for 25 seconds then you can see how this is OP". Obviously what I just said isn't true but you get what I mean. Offer arguments that prove that it has no counterplay. That's what makes something OP.

Aracnus
08-18-2013, 09:29 PM
So let's take a trip through AL history :)

Season 1 - rogues Op in elites cuz they only ones for fast time runs then.

Season 2 - rogues Op in pvp with Arcane hooks and still dominating time runs.

Season 3 - Ever fought 3-4 mauls at once? Even 2? Warriors got their arcanes this season and are hardcore OP but who cares. A few deaths ain't gonna take any1 off the leaderboard. I can own about any rogue on the game 1v1 but I can't touch any 1/2 decent warrior.

Season 4 - mages finally get their Arcane and we will be OP just like the rogues and warriors before us. So I would suggest either switching classes or preparing to taste our 3 seasons worth of lil blue wrath that's gonna unleash all over AL :)

And P.S. - no one who's class has a 1-hit KO button should complain about other classes being OP :)

Just my 2 cents. Happy pvp'ing

(My seasons may be slightly off when things release but u get the picture lol )

You're missing Season 1 actually.. -_-

There was a 16 cap, 21, 26, 31, and now 36.. (5)

Energizeric
08-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Im sure this issue has been brought up multiple times. But here goes again.
it is so unfair that mages get a 30second stun, plus a shield and now if you have a proper spec they can hit you down to like 10% then you cant even do anything cause your permanently stunned. How is is that mages can have a shield, a stun, the ability to hit you and your health like drops below 20%, and then have a heal for mana and health.
ANd then mages complain about rogues being able to 1 hit you. Im sorry but that barely ever happens cause mages have a shield, and they can 1 hit rogues just as easily. And a crit is just lucky.
Where as mages have shield, stun all the time.
Whats the point in even fighting when your stunned for 30 seconds non stop.
Please do something about this. It's actually really annoying.

If what you say is true, then how come the CTF & TDM kills leaderboards are not flooded with sorcerers. In fact, it is almost all rogues on the kills leaderboards. If sorcerers were the most powerful, then they would obviously have the most kills. Would they not?

Also, notice how in the PvP tournament last month there were no sorcerers that advanced beyond the quarter finals. It was all warrior/rogue teams. If sorcerers are so powerful, then how come all of the sorcerer teams got knocked out so early?

How about producing some actual evidence of your claims. There are leaderboards and there have been pvp tournaments. Surely your claims can be backed up by those results, can't they be?

Linkincena
08-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Ah.. makes me remember when mages cried that rogues are OP in 1st two seasons. ..
Anyways. .. Rogues still 1 hit us many times... and are more tougher in season 3..
As an example. ... look at ipredator the rogue player. .. he is so good in pvp. . Very hard to defeat even with warriors maul..
Its just the way u use your skills... use them correctly and u will still be OP..

Energizeric
08-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Sorc are way Overpowered.
YES, ATLAST!

....says the guy who won the pvp tournament with his warrior. :)

Linkincena
08-18-2013, 10:04 PM

Lol agree ..haha

Roberto077
08-18-2013, 10:19 PM
No cause wars with mauls are still hard to beat.
And ur forgetting the 30 second long stun? ur talking about being able to 2 hit a mage. How can we do that when we are stunned?
cause when we arent stunned its already too late.
Im not gona argue with u over this, But Imagine what mages are gona be like after expansion?...
rogues get one good thing which is aim shot crit.. MAges get stun, crit, and a shield..
think about that.

Rogues get dodge, crit, damage, AS, DPS, and armor. Mages get stun, damage, and a shield.

Cero
08-18-2013, 11:56 PM

i will always be kind to smurfs:D

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
I want to be a smurf :(

But I hate lvling -_-

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-19-2013, 06:20 AM
ONADE is overpowered. not mages nor rouges

Bless
08-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Ah.. makes me remember when mages cried that rogues are OP in 1st two seasons. ..
Anyways. .. Rogues still 1 hit us many times... and are more tougher in season 3..
As an example. ... look at ipredator the rogue player. .. he is so good in pvp. . Very hard to defeat even with warriors maul..
Its just the way u use your skills... use them correctly and u will still be OP.. Dat moment when youre on the other team

Alhuntrazeck
08-19-2013, 08:08 AM
i will always be kind to smurfs:D

Traitorrrrr

Come back to smurfing.

Daddyblu
08-20-2013, 02:48 AM
so let's take a trip through al history :)

season 1 - rogues op in elites cuz they only ones for fast time runs then.

Season 2 - rogues op in pvp with arcane hooks and still dominating time runs.

Season 3 - ever fought 3-4 mauls at once? Even 2? Warriors got their arcanes this season and are hardcore op but who cares. A few deaths ain't gonna take any1 off the leaderboard. I can own about any rogue on the game 1v1 but i can't touch any 1/2 decent warrior.

Season 4 - mages finally get their arcane and we will be op just like the rogues and warriors before us. So i would suggest either switching classes or preparing to taste our 3 seasons worth of lil blue wrath that's gonna unleash all over al :)

and p.s. - no one who's class has a 1-hit ko button should complain about other classes being op :)

just my 2 cents. Happy pvp'ing

(my seasons may be slightly off when things release but u get the picture lol )

nice! Good luck to all mages its season 4 its your turn!

juaki
08-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Sorcerers aren't OP. Rogues and Warriors may have the best skills for protect of them.

When shield has gone the sorcerer is dead.

I enjoy a lot when a smurf is in my pvp team.... They are necessaries for winning!!!

Paulsebi
08-21-2013, 02:27 AM
From what I see on forum....

Mages are OP cause of stun and curse.... warriors are OP cause of maul and proc..... rogues are op cause of crit hit..... slag is op cause of stun..... samael is op cause of stun....

Dear STS, please delete the game and this would make everyone happy....

Hope you felt my sarcasm......

Stop complaning and play the game guys.... each class has his own power... but also his weekness.

Have fun and enjoy the game.

juaki
08-21-2013, 03:39 AM
If I had a Maul....

Deadroth
08-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Oh geez, rogues will shake their 'butts' cause now it's turn for mage expansion. Thread title is lame. All knows smurf will fall first on elites, first in pvp. That is clear. Rogues says our shield is OP. No. You can Shot it wid Aimed and shield gone away. Rogues says Our Lightnin is OP... LMAO Their Aimed is OP... And that recover rate... Rogues says our Stun is Op... We need to have somethin OP LMAO..

Smurfs have great stun but...

- Low armor
- Low survivality (lower that rogue...)

Who cares we can stun if we r dead?

GF Rogues... We wait two seasons for that. Now You should sit tight and wait for another rogue expansion...
Im killed by envy of Rogers.. WTF

PS. Agree wid Paul.

Bless
08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Oh geez, rogues will shake their 'butts' cause now it's turn for mage expansion. Thread title is lame. All knows smurf will fall first on elites, first in pvp. That is clear. Rogues says our shield is OP. No. You can Shot it wid Aimed and shield gone away Thats impossible versus a good build unless its a crit - Maybe you need to get a new build? str passives make shield last longer. Rogues says Our Lightnin is OP... LMAO Their Aimed is OP... And that recover rate... Rogues says our Stun is Op... We need to have somethin OP LMAO..

Smurfs have great stun but...

- Low armor armor is sacrificed for damage. A mage can have 360 damage easily...
- Low survivality (lower that rogue...) Thats not true. Mages have the shield which gives 2 seconds of invulnerability which gives you 2 seconds to finish a rogue off without being touched.

Who cares we can stun if we r dead?

GF Rogues... We wait two seasons for that. Now You should sit tight and wait for another rogue expansion...I just hate the fact that expansions have to be classified by which class owns pve/pvp...why cant all arcane weapons be released at same time so no classes cry about others being OP. I just want one season where all classes are balanced, the L31 cap is balanced. If you mages cant kill rogues then you need to rethink your technique or build, if you rogues cant kill mages - get a better build/technique because I have no problem killing a mage 1v1 after I changed my technique. FFS stop crying everyone

Im killed by envy of Rogers.. WTF

PS. Agree wid Paul. Sorry roth I had to quote you to get my point across :)

@OP, pm me if you want to improve your technique against mages
@paul, not everyone is complaining that posts in these threads like me. Im not complaining, just sharing thoughts which can be heard by developers. Thats the whole point of forums. for community bonding and giving ideas to developers to make the game better - therell always be that one person who would rant all day but the bigger picture is most important. hope you understand ;)

Caiahar
08-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Against rogues...what..-.- I remember all these other seasons, mages were UP. They rely on stun, DOT, and shield.
I usually do against rogues: Fireball, Shield goes up, Lightining, life of needed. Rogues just have to shoot aimed shot before the fireball/after the 2 sec invul, and try to dodge the fb.
Warr: I fought a warr today, took like 5 minutes... I basically kited him, fireball to Stun, spam light (:3), Shield, life...etc..

Uziscata
08-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Rogues get dodge, crit, damage, AS, DPS, and armor. Mages get stun, damage, and a shield.

Ur kidding me yeah?
mages, get a curse, which can triple ur health loss in a matter of seconds. they get a shield, a stun, they seem to be able to run faster than everyone else.
And they get high dmg. So please just stop if you cant kill a rogue in the amount of time u have a shield on. you should probably stop playing.
Cause any good mage can do that.

Uziscata
08-21-2013, 09:40 AM
and please think about nerving pets stuns its actually getting to the point where you literally cant move for 40 seconds cause everyone in the other team uses a pet that can stun and it stacks.
Its actually ruining the game -.-

Juicymango
08-21-2013, 11:01 AM
1st:Without a mythic gun you have no chance against rogues or tanks in my opinion.

2nd: if you walk around searching your enemy and a rogue comes from behind: aimed shot > shadow
Piercer > smurf dead without shield ( tested with a mage 2.8k health and rogue 260 damage)

Stop complaining about mages -.- just kill us 5 times until we can Do it once

Linkincena
08-21-2013, 11:05 AM
I love reading this thread. ..
Finally mages are called being Op lols...
Makes me remember my days calling rogues OP lmao..

Ilovesweets
08-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Don't cry about mages... It's a class of characters like warriors... If they are too strong for you, stop playong this game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Bless
08-21-2013, 11:07 AM
1st:Without a mythic gun you have no chance against rogues or tanks in my opinion.

2nd: if you walk around searching your enemy and a rogue comes from behind: aimed shot > shadow
Piercer > smurf dead without shield ( tested with a mage 2.8k health and rogue 260 damage)

Stop complaining about mages -.- just kill us 5 times until we can Do it once 1. Some mages did great without mythics too and its not really a rogues fault if youre too easy to kill or that youre not properly geared.

2. Thats a rogues secialty, ninja snipes. Again its not the rogues fault if youre unalert.

theres always more than one side to an argument, really no point of creating mage vs rogue wars...its mostly the users fault if they cant kill the other class. If i can do it, you can too ;)

Paulsebi
08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Sorry roth I had to quote you to get my point across :)

@OP, pm me if you want to improve your technique against mages
@paul, not everyone is complaining that posts in these threads like me. Im not complaining, just sharing thoughts which can be heard by developers. Thats the whole point of forums. for community bonding and giving ideas to developers to make the game better - therell always be that one person who would rant all day but the bigger picture is most important. hope you understand ;)

Bless... I know for what forum is... but if you guys think that STS will be influenced by few players... you are wrong...rogues had their time.... warriors have their time.. time for mages.... thats all :)

People should get use to it ..... speak .... nvm my 2 cents...

Roger and out.... maybe u'll get my point from the post I did...

Cya :) No flames :)

drgrimmy
08-21-2013, 12:59 PM
1. Some mages did great without mythics too and its not really a rogues fault if youre too easy to kill or that youre not properly geared.

2. Thats a rogues secialty, ninja snipes. Again its not the rogues fault if youre unalert.

theres always more than one side to an argument, really no point of creating mage vs rogue wars...its mostly the users fault if they cant kill the other class. If i can do it, you can too ;)

Yep, I would say that a good rogue can kill a mage and a good mage can kill a rogue. Definitely I think a mage has the easiest time killing a rogue and the hardest time killing a warrior, but overall I think things are pretty balanced as they are. I would have to add that us mages have been waiting patiently for two seasons to have a fighting chance in pvp. I don't think that rogues are particularly underpowered in pvp (in fact I find the suggestion somewhat absurd), but even so, if you feel this way I think you should approach it as a challenge. This is the approach I took in pvp as a squishy smurf. I enjoyed being the underdog in pvp as a smurf and surprising people with how effective smurf can be in pvp.

Linkincena
08-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Bless
08-21-2013, 02:06 PM
1. Some mages did great without mythics too and its not really a rogues fault if youre too easy to kill or that youre not properly geared.

Yep, I would say that a good rogue can kill a mage and a good mage can kill a rogue. Definitely I think a mage has the easiest time killing a rogue and the hardest time killing a warrior, but overall I think things are pretty balanced as they are. I would have to add that us mages have been waiting patiently for two seasons to have a fighting chance in pvp. I don't think that rogues are particularly underpowered in pvp (in fact I find the suggestion somewhat absurd), but even so, if you feel this way I think you should approach it as a challenge. This is the approach I took in pvp as a squishy smurf. I enjoyed being the underdog in pvp as a smurf and surprising people with how effective smurf can be in pvp. exactly ^^^^ I don't mind being underdog next expansion now that I think about it, like challenges

Juicymango
08-21-2013, 02:40 PM

I know but i realized i cant kill fast enough even with shield + 2.8k health coz of my low damage then maybe its my build too coz i dont have lightning lol...wait for me till i get the runic and i will be the pro :p everyone will say: noo not juicy lets quit haha xD

Bless
08-21-2013, 02:47 PM
I know but i realized i cant kill fast enough even with shield + 2.8k health coz of my low damage then maybe its my build too coz i dont have lightning lol...wait for me till i get the runic and i will be the pro :p everyone will say: noo not juicy lets quit haha xD Mythic gun is what you need :D

Frohnatur
08-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Thats what she called runic

Energizeric
08-21-2013, 10:17 PM

Here's the situation: I'm in a battle and I use my shield, and then shield goes to cool down for 15 seconds. If during that time a rogue comes at me, it doesn't matter how alert I am or not, I am dead no matter what unless that rogue makes a number of mistakes. I have full mythic gear (all 5 gear items are mythic) and all a rogue has to do is hit me with one shot and I will die every single time. If it's a level 30 rogue with no mythic items, then it will take 2 shots sometimes -- the first shot will take 80-90% of my health.

No amount of being prepared will help with this. The rogue arrow has further range than my fireball, so I can't stun them before they kill me unless they mess up and don't shoot me soon enough. If I know they are coming and decide to run, that won't work either since they can move 5x as fast as I can. To understand the difference in speed between a mage and a rogue, imagine this..... I've had times in CTF where I was carrying the flag and a rogue attacked me in the last hallway half-way to the flag room. I turn on my shield and successfully killed the rogue. Then continued making my way towards the flag room only to have the same rogue come all the way from the spawn room and kill me before I could score the flag. A rogue can cover about 5 times the distance of a mage in the same time.

moot
08-21-2013, 10:30 PM

nice artwork..

Linkincena
08-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Ty ^^

Deadroth
08-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Bless... I know for what forum is... but if you guys think that STS will be influenced by few players... you are wrong...rogues had their time.... warriors have their time.. time for mages.... thats all :)

People should get use to it ..... speak .... nvm my 2 cents...

Roger and out.... maybe u'll get my point from the post I did...

Cya :) No flames :)

Wahahaha Bless.. I suppose Your riposte gone to hell XD But give Us peace LOL... You can't understand, that now will be S O R C E R E R SORCERER sorcerer s o r c e r e r expansion? GF :D But lol if You think Mages are OP You are bad rogue XD (Don't riposte "if You think rogues are OP You are bad mage" <- this won't work here)

ps. That was one of the worst feedback i have... 360 dmg is almost max on sorc... If you are full myth You can do that.. GF That isnt easy...

cave quester
08-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Dude mages are the worst at pvp atm i would understand if you said this when the new update comes out but seriously i mean rogues are the twinks here :)

Bless
08-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Here's the situation: I'm in a battle and I use my shield, and then shield goes to cool down for 15 seconds. If during that time a rogue comes at me, it doesn't matter how alert I am or not, I am dead no matter what unless that rogue makes a number of mistakes. I have full mythic gear (all 5 gear items are mythic) and all a rogue has to do is hit me with one shot and I will die every single time. If it's a level 30 rogue with no mythic items, then it will take 2 shots sometimes -- the first shot will take 80-90% of my health. Fair point, same would happen if a rogues packs fail against a mage. See, comparing classes this way wont give either party a win because this isnt DL and there are lots of builds, skill combos etc. For this situation, the best thing to do is use curse - good skill when shield is in CD.

No amount of being prepared will help with this. The rogue arrow has further range than my fireball, so I can't stun them before they kill me unless they mess up and don't shoot me soon enough. If I know they are coming and decide to run, that won't work either since they can move 5x as fast as I can. To understand the difference in speed between a mage and a rogue, imagine this..... I've had times in CTF where I was carrying the flag and a rogue attacked me in the last hallway half-way to the flag room. I turn on my shield and successfully killed the rogue. Then continued making my way towards the flag room only to have the same rogue come all the way from the spawn room and kill me before I could score the flag. A rogue can cover about 5 times the distance of a mage in the same time. In bold

Cero
08-22-2013, 07:30 AM
how often does this skill failure happens?

even so it fails i believe rogue still got the highest kills on a CTF match.
in any chase ik that FB stun makes a skill failure.

drgrimmy
08-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Charged skills fail all the time for all classes. Either lag causes them to fail or your "windup"/charge is interrupted by an attack. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. In real life if someone was interrupted in their "windup" for throwing a ball would they still be able to throw it? If you want to ensure that a skill works I always feel it is best not to charge.

Taejo
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
The rogue arrow has further range than my fireball, so I can't stun them before they kill me unless they mess up and don't shoot me soon enough. If I know they are coming and decide to run, that won't work either since they can move 5x as fast as I can.

If you're referring to Aimed Shot, then this is incorrect. Fireball, along with with all of the rogue arrow skills, are 14 meters - Shadow Piercer is 16 meters. Sometimes you can cast your fireball and quickly turn away 1 meter to be out of range of Aimed Shot. Ping and run speed have a lot to do with ranged skills as well.

Energizeric
08-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Charged skills fail all the time for all classes. Either lag causes them to fail or your "windup"/charge is interrupted by an attack. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. In real life if someone was interrupted in their "windup" for throwing a ball would they still be able to throw it? If you want to ensure that a skill works I always feel it is best not to charge.

Fair point, but the skill should not go into cool down if it did not work.

Bless
08-22-2013, 03:30 PM

Fair point, but the skill should not go into cool down if it did not work. exactly, why is it in cooldown then.

In your case, the ball wouldnt disappear.

Caiahar
08-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Half/Quarter of my deaths have been because of Lifegiver not going off/going off and not healing, even when stunned, no lag. Some also have been because of Fireball doesnt go off/doesnt stun (not sure if fireball has 100% stun, ill have to check later.)

Energizeric
08-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Understand there is a clear difference between a skill malfunctioning and just not going off. If you are stunned you can't use your skills. So if you press heal while stunned, it will go off as soon as your stun is over. Often times you will notice the heal goes off just as you died. It's not a malfunction in that case, it's just that the stun is over so the effect goes off but you are dead already. Our tendency in those cases is to think "oh, just a bit too late to save me", but that's not the case.

The malfunction occurring is when you charge a skill and let it go, and you see the heal effect go off, you are still alive, but it did not heal you yet it still goes into cool down. This happens with all skills on occasion.

Caiahar
08-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Understand there is a clear difference between a skill malfunctioning and just not going off. If you are stunned you can't use your skills. So if you press heal while stunned, it will go off as soon as your stun is over. Often times you will notice the heal goes off just as you died. It's not a malfunction in that case, it's just that the stun is over so the effect goes off but you are dead already. Our tendency in those cases is to think "oh, just a bit too late to save me", but that's not the case.

The malfunction occurring is when you charge a skill and let it go, and you see the heal effect go off, you are still alive, but it did not heal you yet it still goes into cool down. This happens with all skills on occasion.
This.
Im going to try in CTF and try to get that malfunction around my teammates, and Im curious when this malfunction happens, does it only not heal me, but my teammates as well, or does it heal them, while i dont get healed?

Bless
08-22-2013, 05:24 PM

The malfunction occurring is when you charge a skill and let it go, and you see the heal effect go off, you are still alive, but it did not heal you yet it still goes into cool down. This happens with all skills on occasion. That's server to device latency isn't it? When you press it, to you it's when you're still alive and like 20% Hp but when the heal skill is pressed and after an aimedshot hits you, the device registers that after the heal, but servers register it BEFORE the heal meaning you're dead. This could be wrong but latency is a huge part in pvp.

Less lag = better play

Kraze
08-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Tapping away works for rouges smurfs need to charge to get full benefit out of skills like that precious mana the miniskirt wearing junkies need

Energizeric
08-22-2013, 07:28 PM
That's server to device latency isn't it? When you press it, to you it's when you're still alive and like 20% Hp but when the heal skill is pressed and after an aimedshot hits you, the device registers that after the heal, but servers register it BEFORE the heal meaning you're dead. This could be wrong but latency is a huge part in pvp.

Less lag = better play

Nah, seems to do this just when you're stunned. It's not a malfunction and I'm guessing is working as intended. The malfunction as I described is when the skill appears to go off but just doesn't and yet still goes to cooldown. This should not happen and needs to be fixed. It seems that if you charge a skill but let go a moment too soon, this happens. However, it is usually not intentional. If you start to charge a skill and then are stunned before it's fully charged, this will tend to happen and in the case of a sorcerer casting shield or heal, you will end up dead because you have to wait another 10-15 seconds to use the skill.

Taejo
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM

The malfunction Energizeric is describing happens very frequently, and not just during stuns. I will be running around blasting mobs in PvE, charge my Lifegiver for more than what is normally required (to avoid the more prominent charged skills bug), and it goes off (graphically) with none of the effects taking place. And then, like he said, you have to wait for the cool down because the server sees that the skill went off "properly".

Just the other day, Juggernaut and Horn of Renewal had this malfunction on my warrior. Skills went off (graphically), cool down initiated, no beneficial effects were granted.

This malfunction is different than the bug where you charge your skill, release, and nothing happens but you can still try again because the skill didn't initiate a cool down.

Bless
08-22-2013, 08:10 PM
That's server to device latency isn't it? When you press it, to you it's when you're still alive and like 20% Hp but when the heal skill is pressed and after an aimedshot hits you, the device registers that after the heal, but servers register it BEFORE the heal meaning you're dead. This could be wrong but latency is a huge part in pvp.

Less lag = better play

Nah, seems to do this just when you're stunned. It's not a malfunction and I'm guessing is working as intended. The malfunction as I described is when the skill appears to go off but just doesn't and yet still goes to cooldown. This should not happen and needs to be fixed. It seems that if you charge a skill but let go a moment too soon, this happens. However, it is usually not intentional. If you start to charge a skill and then are stunned before it's fully charged, this will tend to happen and in the case of a sorcerer casting shield or heal, you will end up dead because you have to wait another 10-15 seconds to use the skill. yeah I agree, it really shouldnt go into CD, that should be fixed

Roberto077
08-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Ur kidding me yeah?
mages, get a curse, which can triple ur health loss in a matter of seconds. they get a shield, a stun, they seem to be able to run faster than everyone else.
And they get high dmg. So please just stop if you cant kill a rogue in the amount of time u have a shield on. you should probably stop playing.
Cause any good mage can do that.

You mean any rich mage. There's a large difference between wealthy and good.

The classes are balanced enough as is, and if you don't think so, try playing an endgame mage in Pocket Legends with the best gear, it's next to impossible because of no balance.

In this game, I can kill other classes and other classes can kill me on the same level.

On a side note, stop being rude and read the first section of the Forums Terms of Service.

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 12:35 AM
In response to the subject of this thread, I made another thread to address this issue:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112782-Which-Class-is-OP&p=1235623#post1235623

Caiahar
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Dont people get it?
In first few seasons, warrior was OP, killing almost everyone.
Then warrior nerf.
Then rogues became OP, one shotting and stufff.
IMO theyre still OP, but now sorcerers have chances to kill em.
At next cap, sorcerers will probably become OP.
Dont you guys get it? All classes wisl have their time.
Not surprised if after 36 cap , warriors/rogues become OP.

Deadroth
08-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Dont people get it?
In first few seasons, warrior was OP, killing almost everyone.
Then warrior nerf.
Then rogues became OP, one shotting and stufff.
IMO theyre still OP, but now sorcerers have chances to kill em.
At next cap, sorcerers will probably become OP.
Dont you guys get it? All classes wisl have their time.
Not surprised if after 36 cap , warriors/rogues become OP.

One point of this thread is pointless post making (like me). All knows rogues will be jelaous now, cause they are drunk and they become ...hmm "Permastunned" in pvp... This is simple to shot smurf wid aimed b4 he will stun you. Geez. In fact we needed to be OP someday.... And when that day came our fellow bowers and slaughterers (:D from meat) started to step on their own tongues. Fully agree wid Shadow. Give us that 3 months for our expansion and don't make dramas from it. XD

Bless
08-23-2013, 09:07 AM
*owns frogs more in season 5*

Caiahar
08-23-2013, 08:58 PM
*owns frogs more in season 5*
Smurf moar.
@deadroth: ikr! I remember at 26 cap there were soooo many threads from mages saying warrior and rogue killing em easily. Now and next cap is OUR TIME! Time to shine! *puts sparkly glitter on arcane shirts (shield)*

Alfai
08-24-2013, 03:45 AM
Overall again it goes back to how well you play your class role and utilize the pros as an edge to make kills.each class has the ability to kill tho each class are not meant to be a committed killer.

I understand your point bout the stun.i.e a mage with slag.when you are caught it that stun mode without immediate solution the ending is quite clear and not pretty.hence why its vital to study your gameplay and knowing your opponent to craft the right strategy for encounter.but there is a way to beat it ofc.

Op might not be the best description as i see that tweaks made make the 3 classes overall balance now.weak at this but stronger at another areas.so if u play up thosr strength might give you an edge.for example i ensure i either make really fast kills before i get stun for now.remember that pet stuns need time to keep up with the toon before being in rage to cast panic so tht small window is crucial to put up your defense.this is a lame but my point is there is a way tho might not always work.some got really quick hands or think really fast and respond fast.

For a rogue being able to kill all classes that not op.thats what the class is build for and meant to do.

Psykopathic28
08-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Overall again it goes back to how well you play your class role and utilize the pros as an edge to make kills.each class has the ability to kill tho each class are not meant to be a committed killer.

I understand your point bout the stun.i.e a mage with slag.when you are caught it that stun mode without immediate solution the ending is quite clear and not pretty.hence why its vital to study your gameplay and knowing your opponent to craft the right strategy for encounter.but there is a way to beat it ofc.

Op might not be the best description as i see that tweaks made make the 3 classes overall balance now.weak at this but stronger at another areas.so if u play up thosr strength might give you an edge.for example i ensure i either make really fast kills before i get stun for now.remember that pet stuns need time to keep up with the toon before being in rage to cast panic so tht small window is crucial to put up your defense.this is a lame but my point is there is a way tho might not always work.some got really quick hands or think really fast and respond fast.

For a rogue being able to kill all classes that not op.thats what the class is build for and meant to do.

Or you can just do what I do and find ways to work outside the box and break from a horrible thing most RPG have. Everyone plays their class almost identically. Almost a specific pattern on skills. 95% of players use their same sequence every time. Copy the builds from top 5-10 players then those are like the only builds. Forget that. Forget what you know about your class. Bring some mystery to the table and suddenly no one knows how to fight you....

Revealing
08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Yay mages are OP
(Said with sarcasm)
How are mages OP?
:)

OvigorothO
08-27-2013, 01:49 PM
No. Its quite the opposite in fact. Not sure at what level you PvP but most people only care about endgame being balanced. At endgame a mage using int gear (the intended gear for mages) will struggle immensely. Your argument is not credible because you've only given one side of the story. Sure mages can do this and that but there are plently of counters. You seem to be sure that the shield is a massive advantage, birds can shoot it down using blast shot. Bears 50+ can pretty much kill 70-80% of a mages mana in one beckon stomp.

Zeus
08-27-2013, 02:21 PM
No. Its quite the opposite in fact. Not sure at what level you PvP but most people only care about endgame being balanced. At endgame a mage using int gear (the intended gear for mages) will struggle immensely. Your argument is not credible because you've only given one side of the story. Sure mages can do this and that but there are plently of counters. You seem to be sure that the shield is a massive advantage, birds can shoot it down using blast shot. Bears 50+ can pretty much kill 70-80% of a mages mana in one beckon stomp.

AL, not PL Ovigoroth, lol. :D

Alfai
08-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Or you can just do what I do and find ways to work outside the box and break from a horrible thing most RPG have. Everyone plays their class almost identically. Almost a specific pattern on skills. 95% of players use their same sequence every time. Copy the builds from top 5-10 players then those are like the only builds. Forget that. Forget what you know about your class. Bring some mystery to the table and suddenly no one knows how to fight you....

Agreed.i might need to be here for at least 3 seasons to crack that.kinda slow

OvigorothO
08-27-2013, 07:43 PM
AL, not PL Ovigoroth, lol. :D

Darn, tapatalk strikes again!

Daddyblu
08-29-2013, 05:25 AM

the best comment ever!

ugreuker
09-03-2013, 11:35 AM
our time has come

Xstealthxx
09-05-2013, 01:51 AM
What 30s stun are you talking about?

Maybe that mage was using 30 slags haha

Arcane Maniac
09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Nah,its just that u r to jelaous,cause u dont have enoguh money to buy good equipment for mage,i dont care for haters,but its really unfair that 1 hit kill,that is what rogue is made off..and mages are mad of int and having tactic,so pls dont shyt...

klayble
09-06-2013, 09:23 PM
30 second stun? I don't know a skill with a 30 second stun.What class are you? do you even know the skills of a mage? Here I'll show the special things that each class gets:
Warrior-health (health is really really special,keeps you living in battle. The longer you are in the battle,the more damage you can perform.)

Rouges-High crit and mega high dodge (actually,I really envy this class,because they can perform damage like a beast! The crit really does all the talking. And the huge dodge helps her from being hit.And their skills recharge super fast! But they lack in mana).

Sorcerers-Huge mana and special aoe stuns.(this is my class,the mana helps me a lot for skills,but the skills load quite slow. I don't remember any 30 second stun. The aoe w/stun is really the best when controlling mobs.) when did this happen to you? Before it happened,did you see a flash of fire that hit you? Or did you see a weird ice bolt toward you before you got stunned? How about you saw you got struck by a tornado? Please reply,i'll review the skills.

Frohnatur
09-08-2013, 01:13 AM
boom boom boom another day in pvp.

rogues still op.

nuff said.

look at end game stats.

mages with mythic and all: 30% of the kills
warriors even with arcane hammer: 10 % of the kills

rogues: 60%

Hows, that, folks?

Bless
09-08-2013, 05:16 AM
boom boom boom another day in pvp.

rogues still op.

nuff said.

look at end game stats.

mages with mythic and all: 30% of the kills
warriors even with arcane hammer: 10 % of the kills

rogues: 60%

Hows, that, folks? no. You have no proof...dude just quit the game if you cant play your class right

Frohnatur
09-08-2013, 10:11 AM
no. You have no proof...dude just quit the game if you cant play your class right
You just want to keep your advantage, is all

Maybe im noob... But i see pro players dying by the dozen, players like hope, smol etc. in a random team. all i can tell is that if those guys gain kills they do when coming in with a whole bunch of guild buddies working with and towards them. Since my guild mates live in a different time zone and additionally do rarely pvp i do not have this opportunity most of the time when i pvp. But as i said before, this really doesnt bother me, maybe im noob by not going pvp with more of my guild mates. What bothers me is that this is a general imbalance and i should be able to gain more kills with a random team like rogues do.

U need proof? Go pvp and watch. 90% of the games end like this: rogues 60% kills, warries and mages share the rest. I bet devs can support this statistic. Or just go and check pvp kill lb. rogues have way most of the top positions if not all.

dont tell me to quit. Ill get my 10 k kills one day and MAYBE then, but only then i quit pvp.

Bless
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
You just want to keep your advantage, is all

Maybe im noob... But i see pro players dying by the dozen, players like hope, smol etc. in a random team. all i can tell is that if those guys gain kills they do when coming in with a whole bunch of guild buddies working with and towards them. Since my guild mates live in a different time zone and additionally do rarely pvp i do not have this opportunity most of the time when i pvp. But as i said before, this really doesnt bother me, maybe im noob by not going pvp with more of my guild mates. What bothers me is that this is a general imbalance and i should be able to gain more kills with a random team like rogues do.

U need proof? Go pvp and watch. 90% of the games end like this: rogues 60% kills, warries and mages share the rest. I bet devs can support this statistic. Or just go and check pvp kill lb. rogues have way most of the top positions if not all.

dont tell me to quit. Ill get my 10 k kills one day and MAYBE then, but only then i quit pvp. Well you seem to complain more than playing, I havent seen you in pvp more than once :/ you should really try to come up with techniques instead of complaining.

Kills dont matter if its a group fight kiddo. Rogues like to KS and in group fights, even the wars can get kills...If you take in account 1v1 or 2v2, the mage is dominant over the rogue. The rogue can win if she has medics and times them properly. Without heal, the mage easily wins.

I recommend Heal-Lightning-Curse-Shield build for you.

Soundlesskill
09-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Mages: have the highest dmg, have the highest mana, highest dps too i think.

Rouges: highest crit and dodge..

Warrs: hp and armor

The only class that needs buff is the warrior class.

@Fro - Listen dude if you have such a huge problem with rouges getting kills then i recommend you playing rouge, because obviously you're out for blood. Secondly, I recommend you doing more ksing than going in head first, because you Will be ks'd. Also, if you pvp a bit more (I have not seen you very much in pvp) idc if you say you dont wanna pvp cause mages are o-so-under-powered. Because face it, you arent. you'd figure out which players has skill, and which players has gear. You might want to join the team with either one. You'll learn to figure out your players tactic, your teams movement. Don't just think about what you Can't do. I suggest supporting more than killing. Like curse resulting in tons of kills and a very strong supporting build.

Keep your friends close, but youre enemies even closer...

I mean that obviously you have something against rouges, why don't you just join them, make frieds with them. They might even let you ks them. Yes it's possible.

Frohnatur
09-08-2013, 10:54 PM

@Fro - Listen dude if you have such a huge problem with rouges getting kills then i recommend you playing rouge, because obviously you're out for blood. Secondly, I recommend you doing more ksing than going in head first, because you Will be ks'd. Also, if you pvp a bit more (I have not seen you very much in pvp) idc if you say you dont wanna pvp cause mages are o-so-under-powered. Because face it, you arent. you'd figure out which players has skill, and which players has gear. You might want to join the team with either one. You'll learn to figure out your players tactic, your teams movement. Don't just think about what you Can't do. I suggest supporting more than killing. Like curse resulting in tons of kills and a very strong supporting build.

I mean that obviously you have something against rouges, why don't you just join them, make frieds with them. They might even let you ks them. Yes it's possible.

I agree with the buff need for warriors...

Other than that. I do pvp a lot, couple of hours a day. Maybe we're in there at different times. Day has 24 hours.
I do know my players of choice and if I can I join them. If I have luck I meet the right team and get a ton of skills. But, and this is way more the case, a rogue as advantages over all other classes that can only be met by sheer overpower on that side.

I am not so much talking about me, i have set backs i cant come over with, like a steady 1k ping wich makes playing like it all happened 1 sec before I can react. I developed my techniques and get by. I would have blamed all my shortcoming to that, if I wouldnt see a lot of mages and warriors having the same trouble and havent seen a single rogue yet complaining about not getting kills, I wouldnt complain. Believe me - Im only after the achievement like everybody else. I support my team, I heal a lot, yes my build is supporting too, mana heal, fire stunn so warriors can rush in etc. I would give up heal for an attack skill, because with my 1-sec delay its not much help for me but only more for my team... I dont. Because the team is expecting that I heal them. We all know the "Mana" cries.
I dont like curse though, but thats a preference. However.

If I look at the numbers important for the kill-achievements I see that the only class dominating is rogues. This is not because they are such skilled players, its because they have advantage. There is no achievement for supporting your team (wich I do of course anyway), there is no achievement for making kills possible for the team - and still I do. There is no achievement for winning a game (that would make a huge difference to pvp, wouldn't it?).

Have you ever played capture the flag in real life? The team who gets the most flags, wins --- and gets the rewards.

If you cut it down to the APs, its much harder for mages and warriors in regards of pvp (maybe flagging is a bit easier for warriors than for mages).

This is simply unfair. Every class should be able to get the APs with comparable effort, especially those long-term achievements.

If you go with a team into Elite, everybody gets the achieve for killing the boss. If you go into pvp only the ones who kill get the point. You understand? Thats why its not fair that a single class has it so much easier to gain kills. There is no comparable achievement that is easier for mages. Thats imbalance.

What else? Oh, yeah. No need to call me Kiddo (miracle), Dude (you) or else. I am not condescending to you, so please dont be to me.

Soundlesskill
09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
I agree with the buff need for warriors...

Other than that. I do pvp a lot, couple of hours a day. Maybe we're in there at different times. Day has 24 hours.
I do know my players of choice and if I can I join them. If I have luck I meet the right team and get a ton of skills. But, and this is way more the case, a rogue as advantages over all other classes that can only be met by sheer overpower on that side.

I can assure you we are in the same time zones. Im right above you Frohatur

I am not so much talking about me, i have set backs i cant come over with, like a steady 1k ping wich makes playing like it all happened 1 sec before I can react. I developed my techniques and get by. I would have blamed all my shortcoming to that, if I wouldnt see a lot of mages and warriors having the same trouble and havent seen a single rogue yet complaining about not getting kills, I wouldnt complain. Believe me - Im only after the achievement like everybody else. I support my team, I heal a lot, yes my build is supporting too, mana heal, fire stunn so warriors can rush in etc. I would give up heal for an attack skill, because with my 1-sec delay its not much help for me but only more for my team... I dont. Because the team is expecting that I heal them. We all know the "Mana" cries.
I dont like curse though, but thats a preference. However.

If you play with ping doesnt mean everyone has it. If you have ping then go out if pvp and wait it off. And most good rouges learned that mages dont like mana cries so we just stip and wait

If I look at the numbers important for the kill-achievements I see that the only class dominating is rogues. This is not because they are such skilled players, its because they have advantage. There is no achievement for supporting your team (wich I do of course anyway), there is no achievement for making kills possible for the team - and still I do. There is no achievement for winning a game (that would make a huge difference to pvp, wouldn't it?).

If you wanted kills you choose the wrong class.

Have you ever played capture the flag in real life? The team who gets the most flags, wins --- and gets the rewards.

Lol so?... Where are you going with this

If you cut it down to the APs, its much harder for mages and warriors in regards of pvp (maybe flagging is a bit easier for warriors than for mages).

This is simply unfair. Every class should be able to get the APs with comparable effort, especially those long-term achievements.

Its only warrs who have hard times getting kills. Mages can get kills very easily

If you go with a team into Elite, everybody gets the achieve for killing the boss. If you go into pvp only the ones who kill get the point. You understand? Thats why its not fair that a single class has it so much easier to gain kills. There is no comparable achievement that is easier for mages. Thats imbalance.

You really need to stop rubbing in this. Mages can get kills easily. If you dont know how to kill rouges look up pyromagnium o youtube. Frost is the key

What else? Oh, yeah. No need to call me Kiddo (miracle), Dude (you) or else. I am not condescending to you, so please dont be to me.

Stop complaning like one then

Every class has their pro and cons. Warrs only have cons but (lol) smurfs and rouges

Frohnatur
09-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Stop complaning like one then

Every class has their pro and cons. Warrs only have cons but (lol) smurfs and rouges

"if you want to get kills you chose the wrong class"

Whats that kind of a statement? Why should only one class be able to achieve a lot of kills? Thats stupid. I played AL for a long time as a mage, do you expect me to change my class just because it gets me more pvp-kills? And discard all the other APs I got so far? Thats bridling the horse from the behind... All it needs to balance things out is to reduce rogues distance ability and thru wall ability and take away a little of their crit. Although... I'm willing to discuss the crit thing because a good skilled mage can have almost as much crit as a rogue... give u that. :) But the distance thing...thats really stupid. The only thing u have to do as a rogue is keep in the back, zig-zag to and fro and shoot your aimed shot. No real skill needed here. It works even through walls. Thats just plain crap. It doesnt work for mages. Tried it a lot. Its simply... unfair. I cant shoot through walls or even across the whole map like rogues. Why? Wheres the physical reasoning behind this, huh? Have you, soundless, ever played mage AND be succesful with it? I dont think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be a rogue anymore. lol. You're happy with your choice, dont you?

I think success in this game should not be determined by what class you choose. It should be equal for all and determined by skill.

And thats what most rogues mistake here: they think they're more skilled than mages. That is as unreasonable and stupid as to say that someone's better just because of his/her upcoming. Baaaaah.

oh, and you didnt understand one thing: a permanent ping of 1k means theres no way to wait it out. Its always there. I'm always a second behind. Worse than the lazy groundhog on a winterday. LOL:

Deadroth
09-09-2013, 03:32 AM

Mages have the lowest armor, and the lowest health also. But i agree
(ps. warrior is almost immortal and it doesn't need buffs)

Soundlesskill
09-09-2013, 04:31 AM
"if you want to get kills you chose the wrong class"

All im saying is that ofc rouge are the best a killing. They are the dmg class, but its not hard to get kills as a sorc. You want most kills, it is the wrong class.

Whats that kind of a statement? Why should only one class be able to achieve a lot of kills?

This is not true, all classes can get kills. Like it takes rouges longer to kill PvE mobs. We dont complain

Thats stupid. I played AL for a long time as a mage, do you expect me to change my class just because it gets me more pvp-kills?

I never said that, I said from the start, you pobably shouldve choosen rouge. Because if you knew you wanted to get PvP kills, you wouldnt exactly have choosen the support class

And discard all the other APs I got so far? Thats bridling the horse from the behind... All it needs to balance things out is to reduce rogues distance ability and thru wall ability and take away a little of their crit. Although... I'm willing to discuss the crit thing because a good skilled mage can have almost as much crit as a rogue... give u that. :)

You cant honestly mean you wanna take range from us? We dot have through the wall ability, its called lag. Crit should be nerfed, yes.

But the distance thing...thats really stupid. The only thing u have to do as a rogue is keep in the back, zig-zag to and fro and shoot your aimed shot. No real skill needed here. It works even through walls. Thats just plain crap. It doesnt work for mages. Tried it a lot. Its simply... unfair. I cant shoot through walls or even across the whole map like rogues. Why? Wheres the physical reasoning behind this, huh? Have you, soundless, ever played mage AND be succesful with it? I dont think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be a rogue anymore. lol. You're happy with your choice, dont you?

It isnt the only thing rouge have to do. PvE and 1v1-ing, that is a thing to master. You say you lag, so you see arrows through the wall, you cant pin that on rouges. I have a mage "Tinysound" I donthave perfect gear, but my kdr is positive. Fro, I dont know if you know, but ive wanted to be a mage since I started. I choose the rouge class because it was the only female class available. However I turne out to be happy with rouges.

I think success in this game should not be determined by what class you choose. It should be equal for all and determined by skill.

It indeed should. Sadly there is a thig called mythic gear. Theres a thing, being skilled at playing your doesnt mean being skilled at playing another class. Mages should be skilled at support, warrs tanking, rouges killing.bit does take skill

And thats what most rogues mistake here: they think they're more skilled than mages. That is as unreasonable and stupid as to say that someone's better just because of his/her upcoming. Baaaaah.

Never did I ever say that

oh, and you didnt understand one thing: a permanent ping of 1k means theres no way to wait it out. Its always there. I'm always a second behind. Worse than the lazy groundhog on a winterday. LOL:

Maybe try a better connection. I play on 3G a lot since it keeps a stable 300 ping.

Mages have the lowest armor, and the lowest health also. But i agree.

Lowest armor, NOT hp. Keep in mind you have 2 seconds of immortality and a lot of def by having that shield.

(ps. warrior is almost immortal and it doesn't need buffs)

Yes they do, they can hardly stay alove without maul

kharmel
09-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I played endgame rougue,warrior and mage and all have positive kdr. I love both. Only that I use rougue coz its hard to maintain two characters.
Both takes skills to master it. Using aimed shot is not just a tap button, its a skill. When and how to use it. Charge and uncharged it. Guessing the health of the enemy and when to deliver the finishing blow is a skill. Kiting is a skill. And knowing the range is a skill. Its part of the strategy coz rougues are very vulnerable to attacks(no 2 second invulnerability and shield).
> I have seen rougues used aimed shot in the air. And uses SD at the wrong time.So mastering a class and being good at it is a skill.
> I have seen mages kills rougues that just stay stunned. Crit and stun.
> And warrior can do this too, I have seen warriors(CERO is one) killed rougue or mages without hitting back using a very good combo including the pet(slag) or stun pet.
> So imo,all are fair. You need to play all classes for one to know and understand why I say(IMO) all class are fair.
**based on my experience not only IMO.

Frohnatur
09-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Sadly, there is no pvp achievement for supporting. There is for killing (rogues) and flagging (warrs).

My suggestion is to introduce one for winning games. And implement forced random teams. No choice amymore. That would even things out and strongly encourage to play the role a class was designed to.

Soundlesskill
09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
And no one ever said anything against that Fro

Frohnatur
09-09-2013, 11:04 PM
And no one ever said anything against that Fro

Yeah, but understand that this is the major source of frustration for so many mages. They have to work on an achievement they supposedly are not "designed" for.

If you want balance in game, program it that way that everyone has the same chances to get the achievments straight. As I see it, mages have a hard time getting to those pvp achievs. And I dont see any other achievments that other classes have more problems with than mages.

So if we talk LB for instance, there's your reason why some of them are dominated by rogues. The only class that is dominating something at all. No other class does that.

That is imbalance.

But you know what?

I start to suspect that the developers just want it that way... the imbalance. From what I know, there where huge problems with the engineers class in Star Legends for instance. Epic fights in PVP noone would win etc.

So it might be a solution for STS just to imbalance classes to avoid those things. And they chose Rogue class to be OP since it is a "female" character and therefore less chosen by (the more typical male-) player... (no offense intended).

Would've been just nice to know before I started building up this char.

Terp
09-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Warriors are the most useful class in PvP and PvE. If you know the right build, have good gears and the right pets, a warrior would be simply destructive. Lets not forget that the warriors have the best heal, have the best armor, and best hp. If they buffed the warriors damage, it would make warriors OverPowered, and dominant.. All the other classes would be inferior to a warrior. Everyone would want to be a warrior if this was the case. A warrior could also have more dmg than rogues or mages. They are not underpowered at all.

Soundlesskill
09-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah, but understand that this is the major source of frustration for so many mages. They have to work on an achievement they supposedly are not "designed" for.

Designed for it, they still kill rouges easily

If you want balance in game, program it that way that everyone has the same chances to get the achievments straight. As I see it, mages have a hard time getting to those pvp achievs. And I dont see any other achievments that other classes have more problems with than mages.

I really dont see how its unfair, because mafes can kill as easily as rouges 1v1, probably not ks in group fights, because yout dont dmg single targets. When you are 1v1-ing most dmg would go to 1 target

So if we talk LB for instance, there's your reason why some of them are dominated by rogues. The only class that is dominating something at all. No other class does that.

Rouges dominating lb, I see mages all over that thing, i dont really are about lb anyways. At the end everyone on their class gets the same banner as the rouges.

That is imbalance.

But you know what?

I start to suspect that the developers just want it that way... the imbalance. From what I know, there where huge problems with the engineers class in Star Legends for instance. Epic fights in PVP noone would win etc.

So it might be a solution for STS just to imbalance classes to avoid those things. And they chose Rogue class to be OP since it is a "female" character and therefore less chosen by (the more typical male-) player... (no offense intended).

Would've been just nice to know before I started building up this char.

Idk anything about SL

Soundlesskill
09-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Warriors are the most useful class in PvP and PvE. If you know the right build, have good gears and the right pets, a warrior would be simply destructive. Lets not forget that the warriors have the best heal, have the best armor, and best hp. If they buffed the warriors damage, it would make warriors OverPowered, and dominant.. All the other classes would be inferior to a warrior. Everyone would want to be a warrior if this was the case. A warrior could also have more dmg than rogues or mages. They are not underpowered at all.

How is it not imbalance when I see 2 warrs (1maul) can't kill bloodhammer elite in arena before e regens his full HP?

Terp
09-10-2013, 12:47 AM
I personally love overpowered bosses. It gives more challenge, and fun to it. Bosses were made to be extremely difficult or the game would be boring, just being able to kill the boss with two people is pretty boring. Bosses can never be too powerful. I don't find anything imbalanced about two warriors not being able to kill an elite bloodhammer. I think it should take a whole party to kill elite bloodhammer. I would hate to see easy bosses.

Frohnatur
09-10-2013, 10:40 PM
maybe I should remind you that we are on the pvp topic. Im not saying that mages are underpowered in Pve. Au contrair. I would gladly take a nerf for pve if I could get a doping in pvp. Bc pve is always doable with the right tactics, even for underpowered chars. This is not the case in pvp. That is what drives me crazy.

pvp is not about skills. its about gears and OP. That needs to be changed, at least to a point where skills can overpower gears. Not will, CAN.

Pve is about skills and tactics. thats the way it should be in pvp too

Soundlesskill
09-11-2013, 12:41 AM
maybe I should remind you that we are on the pvp topic. Im not saying that mages are underpowered in Pve. Au contrair. I would gladly take a nerf for pve if I could get a doping in pvp. Bc pve is always doable with the right tactics, even for underpowered chars. This is not the case in pvp. That is what drives me crazy.

pvp is not about skills. its about gears and OP. That needs to be changed, at least to a point where skills can overpower gears. Not will, CAN.

Pve is about skills and tactics. thats the way it should be in pvp too

2 Mages in particular can overpower me. The first mage didn't have mythic ring aka low hp. The second mage didn't have shield but killed me anyways. I was full geared at that time (I believe it was L31). However I totally agree with you about the Gear > Kills. Because you don't just need skills, you need to master all your skills, all your kiting all yaddaddadayyadad. Because its That hard to kill full mythics. Fx. I killed a bunch of rouges 1v1 them being fully geared whilst I was not. But facing 1 rouge in particular killing me instantly by crittin me so bad, I just raged from the game. It should not be about gear, but about skill. I can mention a bunch of no skill people with gear.

PS. A lot of mages can kill rouges easily, using frost.

Cookietimee
09-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Bah , most of the sorcs have 1022 this cap before this cap rouges had this amount of armor , and u needed 311dmg to crit 2.8k on a rouge , pro rouges should know this , just lower ur dmg to 311 and make up a hp build whit gearS not respecting, they have no chance vs u i tryed it it worked try it also

Frohnatur
09-11-2013, 10:33 PM
The only way a mage kills rogues or warriors is when he is OP over them with gear or he's in the lucky position to have a good team. Hard to find nowadays since everyone is already at the flag achievment while me little idiot works on that 10k kill achiev yet.

But we have a free respec weekend coming... and maybe i try frost over shield. see how that works. Shield is useless but only for 1v1 situations wich i avoid anyway with my bad ping. Thanks for the tip, soundless

Soundlesskill
09-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Bah , most of the sorcs have 1022 this cap before this cap rouges had this amount of armor , and u needed 311dmg to crit 2.8k on a rouge , pro rouges should know this , just lower ur dmg to 311 and make up a hp build whit gearS not respecting, they have no chance vs u i tryed it it worked try it also

I tried lowering dmg for hp but no I get critted out still. 3,4 crit out

The only way a mage kills rogues or warriors is when he is OP over them with gear or he's in the lucky position to have a good team. Hard to find nowadays since everyone is already at the flag achievment while me little idiot works on that 10k kill achiev yet.

But we have a free respec weekend coming... and maybe i try frost over shield. see how that works. Shield is useless but only for 1v1 situations wich i avoid anyway with my bad ping. Thanks for the tip, soundless

That be cool hit ne up in game NoisyKillar I'll be your dummie

Demonassa
09-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Rogues will be rogues. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.
We rogues simply die more with these updates but doesn't mean that we totaly can't kill. I intend to prevail despite all the unfavorable conditions set upon the rogue class. But definitely I won't be spending any more on this game because I feel a great injustice has been done by developers which simply don't justify the amount I've spent to enjoy it.
My appeal to developers - something needs to be done, please look into our Mana department. With reduced damage in pvp, we simply run out of Mana too fast as we have to use more skills to deal the intended damage on our target. Perhaps to incorporate a certain amount of Mana in our health packs?
This is my personal opinion though...thanks for your time :positive:

Limsi
09-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Indeed demonassa, even before the implementation of damage reduction, a rogue would have trouble keeping up with mana. Yet this is a tradeoff to the amount of damage we are capable of dealing. Now that the dmg infliction got nerfed for every class, it is just justifiable that something has to be done to our mana. It's either incorporating mana heal in our hpacks or reduce the cost of mana required with our skills. This is jut my opinion tho :)

Alfai
09-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Rogue will alwaya perceived OP due to the class versatility and essence of killing and dmg prone.any games not just rpg tht involve wipibg off your opppent is the element to fuel your gaming sense and continuity.

Ive noticed back in prev seasons when so many threads were discussing about nerfing rogue ability which i halfly agree.
Part coz i ustand the core of killing is what driving us.the other part of disagreement when we alter the game and class framework just so to ensure continuity.whatwas what initially might score a unique bonus to AL (tho it doesnt vary much from other rpgs) starting to create loopholes.when we give we want more.the moment its given on the premise of everyones interest then it createa more need to patch it rather than a real solution that have long term effect.

I dont think i should debating about whos op and whos not.but i sincerely asking dec (as other classes do since early times) to relook at rogue mana consumption this season as it is personally to me more deficit than any break even return in terms of cost and consumption.ofc yes with given situation players need to figure out a way to make amend or adapt which involve perhaps significant change in strategy or gaming style.bt i do feel the mana burns out too fast (this is with common full dex build which should be the parameter) be it pve or pvp under a planned attacks not blind spamming.the consumption for my pve (with allocation of base stats and passive on intel) still consume roughly half more of usual consumption and best doubled from hp pots.rogue is a class tht must use pots regardless in battle for surv8vability and maximizing offensive moves but it has never been this much.i humbly ask to review,and pwrhaps rather than straightforward buffing the int capacity maybe the mana cost of skills cn be slightly reduce.thanks in advance for this.

I am not asking to reinforce rogue perceived op or giving more benefits tp rogue.but if rogue cn make obvious and significant request perhaps now is the time.this is felt nt just by minority and those who have played from day1 are those who knows the pattern and best to verify whether this is a crucial things to relook.i wasnt here since season 1 bt to date this is what i feel towards rogue ability this season.and as how most perceived recent nerf and buff for other classes are fair and make things balance for competition so be it.but hopefully the mana issue can be given consideration by all.

I died easily now from a tank attack or mage dmg.i am not asking to nerf whatever the recent rewards but i can share the thing im struggling this season.in fact where in an ideal situation we have to adjust and adapt trust me at least from myself i have tried to consider all possible opportunities to adapt.so do other players i feel.

Hoping delp and team will consider to review this.thanks.

Frohnatur
09-13-2013, 03:28 PM
I think this update was intended to change balance. Not even things out so that we are back to point A. That would have rendered it redundant.
The update itself is proof that the developers deemed the balance tipped too much in favor of one class (in pvp).

VamPTanmay
09-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Only Chris Norris is OP , so leave it and enjoy the game :applause: