PDA

View Full Version : Gear Questions

ToXiiC
08-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi all! I have a level 24 (at the moment) bear and need some help on finding some gear for my character! My first main question is where can I find a reaper blade for level 25 or lower? I asked someone I saw in-game using one where he/she farmed it and they told me to F off :((

Also need some info on where to find good level 25 equipment for my bear. I have mostly strength, but splashed a few dexterity points as well. I have 70+ STR and 40+ DEX, going to stop strength at about 160 or so and put rest into dexterity. I don't have much gold, I spent most of it on getting a lot of heal and mana potions, only have 3,068 gold at the moment so buying gear is currently out of the question, so best areas and best maps for the area would be great if anyone knows.

The priority here of course is the reaper blade, not the savage scythe set I hear so much about I can't afford or even farm or wear that yet so that's out of the question :) so if anyone knows where I can farm/find a good scythe for level 25 or lower would be awesome to know, I am willing to put hours into farming one if need be!

Thank you guys so much in advance, wouldn't even have to post if that guy/girl in-game wasn't so rude and could've answered a simple question! Thanks again, it's much appreciated!!!!!!

ToXiiC

ToXiiC
08-18-2013, 08:23 PM
ANY tips, tricks and additional information would be amazing as well! Thanks in advance!

kcimythgim
08-18-2013, 08:26 PM
The reaper blade was an item that could only be farmed during the Halloween event last year. Currently, you cannot farm them and can only buy. This year they could come back in another Halloween event, but nobody knows for sure yet.

Elitephonix
08-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Go full str. It solves all your problems

ThePvpTwink
08-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Wyldwood and sandstone caves drop some decent gear for your level and are not hard to farm.

The reaper blade is very good wep but is disc, it's from Halloween 2012 and no longer farmable

Blastyou
08-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Go full str. It solves all your problems

Don't do this.

By the time you hit level 30, you should aim for 95 STR, rest DEX. As for gear, use what you have for now and at level 30 get yourself Iceberg hatchet, armor and shield. This is great gear and will serve you well up until level 45. The Iceberg gear is pretty cheap too (under 20k usually), but if you reach level 30 and still don't have the money for it, you can add me (Blastyou) and I'll buy it for you.

Mothwing
08-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Ok, if you're just starting out at this game, the best thing to do is stick to the stat that your character is specific to. Once you get the feel for your class, then you can start customizing it more to increase specific stats. For now, I'd respec all of my points into str. This maximizes your skill damage and is the best way to use a basic bear.

As said above, the reapers were a Halloween event item, which you can't farm until Halloween comes back around (assuming STS brings back the reaper as a drop).

Also, scythes aren't necessarily the "best" weapon just because everyone is talking about them. There are many other options that may suit you better. If I were you, I'd push through leveling to get to 30, where you can get decent gear to last you a while. For instance, if you were to buy a 25 reaper, it would only last you 5 levels until there is a better option.

I would check out the auction house and search for the following items:
Frozen Longsword of the Bear-yes a purple but it is better than the pink version, and significantly cheaper.
Iceberg Frost Knight Plate-the best level 30 armor for a bear
And the level 27 pink helmet, I forget the name, but just type 27 into both the level boxes and set the rarity to legendary.

Hope this helps, if you need further specification feel free to pm me or add me in game- Ruaumoko :)

And I love your enthusiasm for farming :)

Spyce
08-18-2013, 10:36 PM
SSC Strength Sets are what you should be using.

Mothwing
08-18-2013, 10:58 PM
SSC Strength Sets are what you should be using.

However they become completely obsolete at Lost Expo, as I said in my post.

I always try to squeeze as much as I can out of my gear, meaning if it can last me another 5 levels, then I'll live with it, because buying more gear is a waste of money/time.

ThePvpTwink
08-19-2013, 12:18 AM
True, at 24 you should be leveling pretty quickly and outgrow your current gear quickly as well. It's prob better to plan ahead and buy iceberg gear for when you are level 30 as it is also pretty cheap, but the campaign from where they drop is hard and truly an elite campaign.

Mothwing
08-19-2013, 12:39 AM
True, at 24 you should be leveling pretty quickly and outgrow your current gear quickly as well. It's prob better to plan ahead and buy iceberg gear for when you are level 30 as it is also pretty cheap, but the campaign from where they drop is hard and truly an elite campaign.

Yeah but the armor isn't that expensive and the 27 helmets drop pretty frequently in Lost.

I have an extra longsword if you want it, Toxic.

ToXiiC
08-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Sure add me in game gonna get on now for a while and attempt to level up