PDA

View Full Version : Imposter

Energizeric
08-19-2013, 03:25 AM
So people start PMing me today telling me there is a twink going around with the name "Energizerick" and claiming he is me.

Well, I have no twinks, just my end game level 31 sorcerer. Since this person is obviously trying to impersonate me, will STS force a name change if I write to support? What is their policy on this?

I did PM him and he said "I idolize you because you're so pro" LOL. I suppose it's nice to have fans, but not if they try to impersonate me.

Jxmaa
08-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Think that STS cant help you.Huge number of people play this game and your taste in nicknames or so can be the same with someone else.Same thing happened w ilu. And sts replied the same .
Nevertheless you can try and email support hahah who knows :D you may het lucky.
Try to ask this fanboy to change his name :)
Good Luck =D

gison
08-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Yea.. This happened to me on SL, I renamed my toon then after like 2 minutes my name was taken and he was at base telling everyone he was me then proceeded to call out my friends.

Linkincena
08-19-2013, 04:31 AM
There is only 1 energizeric. . Hic!.. oops :) ;)

Temarichan
08-19-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't think STS can help. There's a lot of names like Lovee or Chiyukk or Smolller that I've seen running around. I don't think their names have been taken away.

IronMonkey
08-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Sometimes your favorite thing is someone else's favorite thing, too. Sometimes this means that they take a name very similar to yours.

Unless you see that person trying to impersonate you, or people confusing them for you, it's not a problem.

If you do see them trying to make trouble, don't post it on the forums!Email support@spacetimestudios.com

Previous reply from STS.

iluvataris
08-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Ya i beleave when delph posted that quote she didnt read my thread because i say in the thread i have screenshots of the imposter attempting scams. I woulda been flattered if he wast trying to be a thief. O well in my case i sent the screenies to stg they said they would investigate the account. I havent seen or heard of the guy since.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Fans enegeri! Cheeeer up! Lol jk ;)

Im quite tired of seeing people have taken my names "Soundlesskill" & "Mutekill"

Venom
08-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Your announcement here should be enough for people to know its not you :)

drgrimmy
08-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Buddy, you are just fueling the fire. Look who just thanked your post o.O

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Hahahahah

xcainnblecterx
08-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Buddy, you are just fueling the fire. Look who just thanked your post o.O

1st time you see him, he/she is a fan. The second time, its a stalker

muinnusa
08-19-2013, 10:54 AM
lol...
there is a fan stalking...

Energizeric
08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
As long as he stops saying he is me when people ask, then we will not have a problem. If he does say he is me to anyone, I'd appreciate if that person can take a screen shot and post it here. Thanks.

Alhuntrazeck
08-19-2013, 07:59 PM
As long as he stops saying he is me when people ask, then we will not have a problem. If he does say he is me to anyone, I'd appreciate if that person can take a screen shot and post it here. Thanks.

LOL he thanked you again!