PDA

View Full Version : Lost 4m by a scammer

Buriedalive
08-19-2013, 06:11 AM
I have already sent a ticket to STS but I just thought I have to warn you as well.
I dont wanna to talk so much about this cuz I heard its not allowed to talk about topocs like this etc.
But as you see this guy os wearing a "glitched helmet" and I want to buy it and we made up a deal that both agreed with.
He unequipped the helmet and showed a cavalier helmet in the trade and i was so stupid cuz you cant really see if thats a glitched helmet or not but I trusted him and accepted all. Then when I got the helmet it was a normal cavalier helmet (the yellow one). He realized I notice this so he removed me from buddy list and leave the party/room.
I'm now curious about the glitched helmet/armor and think that it should be fixed or that sts made some trade options that make you able to see the items like in auction. By that its much safer to avoid scammers.
I also played this game the whole summer every day and merched alot etc and manage to pull of great deals and had a total amount of 4m. Now everything is gone by this scammer.
Its so easy to scam one by doing this so hope no one else falls for the same case as I did.

I feeling about quiting this game now cuz all my effort and wasted plats are scammed now theres nothing more I see to keep playing this game.

Wish you others the best luck and dont ever fall for a scam like I did.

matanofx
08-19-2013, 06:37 AM
I see a glitched armor not helm

You lost 4m for trusting someone 100%, im not gonna say you deserved what came for you but you made it almost too easy to happen, sorry and wish you the best of luck in the future.

moonway03
08-19-2013, 06:38 AM
I dont wanna be rude but your such a noob.
Why would u wanna purchase a helm that you dont even know the name of it?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Buriedalive
08-19-2013, 07:46 AM
I know it all sounds weird but trust me it wasnt that simple. I only knew it were a helmet in a low lvl like 7-8. So thought it was right. Anyways thanks for the support.
Also saw the helmet in the auction once and it was named something similar.

mistiquexmen
08-19-2013, 07:56 AM
U r lucky cuz its not happening in real life. Take it as a lesson. Good luck

Temarichan
08-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Just becareful next time and as I say to people who has fallen victum to a scam TRUST NO ONE. :|

Buriedalive
08-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys be aware of him. Tips would be to ignore him as far as I see hes a big scammer whos trying to scam more than 1m+.
Never talk with someone in his guild they all are working togheter (bunch of kids) who like to scam other.

Amzad
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Trust your BEST friends, not just your friends. A 'friend' could turn on you anytime. A really GOOD friend won't unless you turn on him/her. I wish you luck on getting your money back, Try not to make the same mistake twice :)

Venom
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
He has scammed one of my friend's guild mates too! DO NOT buy any of such helms without the right source or knowledge.

Haligali
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
I dont understand why these glitched warrior clothes worth much. There are a tons of glitched sorcerer helmets in ah for 200 gold, and it doesnt looks good, i find it at least 'strange', thats my opinion. :) And what if some day the devs fix them?

Pandamoni
08-19-2013, 10:11 AM
And what if some day the devs fix them?

We'll have a bunch of "the devs scammed meh!" threads

Sorry OP. hopefully this is the last time you get scammed :(

Castellann
08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
When I hear that someone scammed, I am very much upset. Especially if kids have been scammed. Too many scammers in AL...

xcainnblecterx
08-19-2013, 11:02 AM
I dont understand why these glitched warrior clothes worth much. There are a tons of glitched sorcerer helmets in ah for 200 gold, and it doesnt looks good, i find it at least 'strange', thats my opinion. :) And what if some day the devs fix them?

Yea sorry you've been scammed and do have to say this is a bit more clever then the late "ive been scammed" threads ive seen. As for the item costing so much haligali is because its a.glitched gear i assume. Im sure one of these days sts will fix it and every one thats payed the out rageous price for one instead of a mythic or two will complain. Back in pl sts had caused a glitch with ice talons and the talons would get stuck in the air for a while. People started selling em for a very ice price due to the.glitch. The smartones just farmed said talon as itbwas easy to get the rich payed for em. Maybe the price here is high because no one knows.where.to find em?

Buriedalive
08-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Yeah you're right. Thanks tho for your support :)

Soundlesskill
08-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Never. Trust Anyone... But yourself ;)

Bless
08-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Never. Trust Anyone... But yourself ;) I know for sure 2 people in the game that I can trust with even 99m and not have a worry that ill ever get scammed, you have to know and pick close friends well. Before I thought i could trust like 50 friends in game with 99m, then I found out I was just being used.

Valsacar
08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
I see a glitched armor not helm

You lost 4m for trusting someone 100%, im not gonna say you deserved what came for you but you made it almost too easy to happen, sorry and wish you the best of luck in the future.

I'll say it... honestly, you deserved it. If you want to buy something, at least know WHAT you are buying.

Rare
08-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Not a scam. If someone offered me 2m for my busted vest, I'd sell it.

From your description it went like this:

You: "Hey dude. Your helmet is awesome!!! Can I buy it?"
Them: "Sure. Offer"
You: "4m."
Them: "Hot diggity. Ok"

Like Valascar said. Do your research before spending that amount of gold.

abihakim
08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I lost 4m because of inflation
Who should be blamed for this?

Zeus
08-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I lost 4m because of inflation
Who should be blamed for this?

You mean deflation?

Buriedalive
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM
All those haters. You think I'm stupid? Why would I set a price like 4m without a reason? I don't have to explain every single detail I just warned you for this scammer then a bunch of random kids start making this to another of those drama threads.

If you don't have anything to say don't bump this thread.

Thanks to all the people who don't post bumps and actually understand the situation and supports.

Rare
08-21-2013, 12:53 PM
You paid 4m for that helmet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Buriedalive
08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure how to answer that. You paid 4m for that helmet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I don't see what's your point is. Trying to be funny? Cuz you're not.

I'm sure you only read the first sentences thats why you're still here.

Rare
08-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Maybe I was a little harsh. But the fact remains. This was not a scam, but a bad investment. And normally I wouldn't care. But there are so many actual scammers out there that get away with what they are doing. And I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the multitude of false scam reports.

Buriedalive
08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Maybe I was a little harsh. But the fact remains. This was not a scam, but a bad investment. And normally I wouldn't care. But there are so many actual scammers out there that get away with what they are doing. And I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the multitude of false scam reports.

I don't wanna be rude but I'm sure you was there? I didn't tell any details cuz I don't wanna make a big deal of it. I'm not stupid I honestly do know what a scam is and this was one. If you don't agree just stop sending those stupid bump comments I'm sure theres alot out there that know that this kid is trying to scam others.

I got some feelings that you're trying to protect this kid.

Rare
08-21-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't wanna be rude but I'm sure you was there? I didn't tell any details cuz I don't wanna make a big deal of it. I'm not stupid I honestly do know what a scam is and this was one. If you don't agree just stop sending those stupid bump comments I'm sure theres alot out there that know that this kid is trying to scam others.

Stupid bump comments? I thought this was a forum? Isn't that what people do on forums? Sorry if I'm mistaken. I apologize if you thought this was a place where you would post and nobody would give a response. Instead of going on and on about how you "didn't tell any details" maybe you'll consider actually doing that. You might be able to help someone else out rather than just complaining on a public forum.

Buriedalive
08-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I didn't mean to be rude but those question are just annoying like you're trying to protect him or something.
Why would I tell any details? I already tell the whole story to STS and thats enough for me. If you meet this kid in-game you'll see that hes actually a scammer. For the fact I'm not the only one that been scammed by him.

Uzii
08-21-2013, 01:57 PM

I dont think Aeadenos was trying stupidly bumping ur thread nor being rude. But from ur post it really seem like only a bad investment without investigating what ur buying. im sorry u lost so much gold. I actually never saw that amount lol.
but it really can be that real scammers r running around unpunished bc bad investments reporting like scams.
But really hard to say....

Rare
08-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Why would I tell any details? I already tell the whole story to STS and thats enough for me.

Obviously not. Or this thread wouldn't be here. And we wouldn't be stupidly bumping it.