PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this has gone Too Far...

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 11:12 AM
In CTF when you're having a good 5v5 game. You will always find 'The Slaggers' those who permanently stunlock you, using Slag's Arcane Ability. Obviouly Slag is a good pet for mages, with the stun and all. BUT, IMO only the mages should be using this pet. Not the WHOLE team.
5 slag coordinated + fb's coordinated. 2 mages. That will end up in permastun.

I like my games to be more leaning towards who has the more skill, instead of 'let's-see-which-mages-can-release-fb-first. AKA. Lets see who can stun the most/first

It's probably only be complaining about this, but my games seems to have become like this:

(Red)Player 1: "OMG! Slag, I can't even move!
(Red)Player 2: "Guys all use slag!
(Red)Player 3: Don't you have Slag?

My proposal is that Slag's stun gets a nerf. Instead of the 5-or-whatever sec. Make it minimum 0,5-1sec.

I know it says only a slight chance to panic. Usually 1v1 slag fails because of Malison's dodge. But in big groups, Malison's buff wears off too quickly and everyone ends up immobile.

Zeus
08-19-2013, 11:21 AM
I like slag because when it stuns, it allows me to specifically target which team member to eliminate first.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 11:28 AM
I like slag because when it stuns, it allows me to specifically target which team member to eliminate first.

How do you like it back at ya?

Zeus
08-19-2013, 11:36 AM
How do you like it back at ya?

I'm okay with it. Just don't get stunned. :p

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm okay with it. Just don't get stunned. :p

And how do you avoid 5 slags all at one time?

Yakiniku
08-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Slag is a paradox in AL pvp. People choose run with Slag because well... everyone else has one. Stun or be stunned. Kills eventually happen when everyone's Slag is on cooldown and/or the Warriors screw up their shield sequence.

The whole thing does kind of suck, but I doubt anything will be done about it. Slag is probably one of the best selling plat pets in the stable.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Slag is a paradox in AL pvp. People choose run with Slag because well... everyone else has one. Stun or be stunned. Kills eventually happen when everyone's Slag is on cooldown and/or the Warriors screw up their shield sequence.

The whole thing does kind of suck, but I doubt anything will be done about it. Slag is probably one of the best selling plat pets in the stable.

Slag also prevents heals pierce attacks etc etc. when timed correctly.

Pvp should be Kill or be Killed not Get lucky and stun or get unfortunate and be stunned

Skaunared
08-19-2013, 12:10 PM
And how do you avoid 5 slags all at one time?

use misty :)

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
use misty :)

Sure, give me plat? ;)

- I don't have Misty, and don't plan on getting him. IMO, his stats are a huge handicap when I'm used to Malison. A waste of plats and the lvling would take forever anyways. Misty dodges 1 slag, right? Not the extra 4
B

Psykopathic28
08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't really see it as that big of a problem since its a mythic pet but it is kinda way way better than ripmaw or abaddon IMO.
I prolly wouldn't complain if it got like .5 sec knocked off the stun hehe.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't really see it as that big of a problem since its a mythic pet but it is kinda way way better than ripmaw or abaddon IMO.
I prolly wouldn't complain if it got like .5 sec knocked off the stun hehe.

Slag as an individual is not a probelm, but when abused in big groups of 5 it's too OP.

Frohnatur
08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
This sounds pretty much the same as all mages were complaining about one shot kill. There is a solution against it, but you'll have to sacrifice something (shield vs extra attack skill). Misty isnt very expensive, and yes it takes the peaks off your stats. Thats exactly the same i felt when i had to respec shield just to be able to participate in a fight at all, and not get killed on the doormat. Also the classic formation tank in front and dps behind him make it possible to avoid stun as mage or rogue by getting behind its active radius, rogues having it even easyer since they can 'dart' away from it. Tanks can survive the stun. Its only those 'rogue' rogues who run around upfront to get the most kills who'll eventually have a problem with slag. I rarely get stunned these days because i hold myself behind the front lines, although that means i'll get less kills.

Azepeiete
08-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Misty makes you immune to stun for 5 seconds. Why don't you see if your tanks have them.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
This sounds pretty much the same as all mages were complaining about one shot kill. There is a solution against it, but you'll have to sacrifice something (shield vs extra attack skill). Misty isnt very expensive, and yes it takes the peaks off your stats. Thats exactly the same i felt when i had to respec shield just to be able to participate in a fight at all, and not get killed on the doormat. Also the classic formation tank in front and dps behind him make it possible to avoid stun as mage or rogue by getting behind its active radius, rogues having it even easyer since they can 'dart' away from it. Tanks can survive the stun. Its only those 'rogue' rogues who run around upfront to get the most kills who'll eventually have a problem with slag. I rarely get stunned these days because i hold myself behind the front lines, although that means i'll get less kills.

How does it sound like 1-shot-complain?

Hiding behind a tank. Slag stuns boths, tank can't heal. Rouge lures behind and kills you, while you're immoblie, as in, not able to do anything, but watch.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Misty makes you immune to stun for 5 seconds. Why don't you see if your tanks have them.

Because well... I don't know 1 tank with Misty. And well, I'm not so sure the tank wants to lose his stats either..

ZeroGh
08-19-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a better idea ...

add the "STUN ABILITY" to the dragon's cry of mali ...

it would be fun to see mages stun by mali ? :D

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Lol, I'd be complaing about that too haha

ZeroGh
08-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Lol, I'd be complaing about that too haha

lool ,and ? ... =))

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 01:00 PM
lool ,and ? ... =))

All too op.
Imagine rouges running around with stun pets + malison stat buff x_x

Darko
08-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Slag is not op.....period....learn to play against it there's ways to avoid the stun. ...

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Not OP 1v1. OP in groups of 5

Bless
08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I agree with the OP. Stun pets are stupidly overpowered when used by 5 players...

Stun pets should not stun for more than 2seconds.

And to the guy who thinks you should use slag too, not everyone can afford it.

I will always stand firm on this, idc what others' fancy experiments prove, the stun pet duration should be nerfed. And avoiding a slag stun would sacrifice more than what the result would be if you get slag stunned...

matanofx
08-19-2013, 01:13 PM
This issue is widely agreed upon IMO, pet stuns need a nerf, it becomes a game of who stuns more rather than whos better

Even if im part of the winning team i dont like winning this way via pure stuns, i hope many people agree.

Frohnatur
08-19-2013, 01:57 PM
This issue is widely agreed upon IMO, pet stuns need a nerf, it becomes a game of who stuns more rather than whos better

Even if im part of the winning team i dont like winning this way via pure stuns, i hope many people agree.

i dont like it either, winning this way. But it rarely happens to me bc if more than one slag is used in my party, i pull out ribbit anyway. Same goes for the other way around, i always try to achieve a mixed pets party cause i think that more benefitial to the group and me. And: Whenever I run into a stun lock party, i get out anyway.

but still i dont think the pet is OP, because if u nerf it down it would be useless for single use. And i rather have a pet with use then non.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 02:02 PM
i dont like it either, winning this way. But it rarely happens to me bc if more than one slag is used in my party, i pull out ribbit anyway. Same goes for the other way around, i always try to achieve a mixed pets party cause i think that more benefitial to the group and me. And: Whenever I run into a stun lock party, i get out anyway.

but still i dont think the pet is OP, because if u nerf it down it would be useless for single use. And i rather have a pet with use then non.

Hard when the other team plays dirty. Slag vs no slag. Slag win

ZeroGh
08-19-2013, 02:22 PM
add 3 sec stun to the dragon's cry of malison and problm solved

gundamsone
08-19-2013, 02:28 PM
You guys should level up your orion to 30.
Effects are similar and party 10% dmg buff on top

Energizeric
08-19-2013, 02:36 PM
As has already been said, STS released a specific pet to deal with this, Misty. Yes, everything in PvP is a compromise. I choose shield even though I'd get many more kills with frost. Why? Because I need some defense. Apparently some rogues do not want to do anything for defense. Well sorry, if you can kill me with one hit, then you're going to be kind of squishy. On the other hand, you can increase your defense by using a different pet to avoid the stun, but then maybe you won't hit as hard. You can't have it both ways.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
You guys should level up your orion to 30.
Effects are similar and party 10% dmg buff on top

Hmm

Jexetta
08-19-2013, 03:07 PM
People make fun of me all the time for using Misty in PvP. I find there are too many people who are unaware of things going on that they don't really see how useful it really is. If there is a curse mage and I have 3 rogues on my team I always run Misty, I get less kills but it completely eliminates 1 skill on a mage's skill set that can do a lot of damage to my entire team. After they realize this they will usually just zone out because it makes the mage fairly useless. Getting stunned by 2 'stuns' over and over is incredibly frustrating because there isn't a whole lot you can do no matter what type of gear you have. If you're caught with the wrong set up then it's kinda your own fault - adjusting to win is one of the best parts of PvP and is what makes it so enjoyable.

I'll tell you what the real issue is which is the problem. Stun and panic are two separate effects, so a character can stun you then follow it up by panicking you. This is something that was attempted to be eliminated previously by granting stun immunity after you initially get stunned. Well... they're the same thing and they should both be classified in the game coding as a stun. Nothing is more frustrating then getting stunned, then panic - this was decided on previously that you should not be allowed to stun stun stun -

02-14-2013, 03:11 PM - Samhayne : "Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP."

The real question is whether the above stun then panic is working as intended. My guess is that it is working as intended but the gaming community should also weigh in on whether this is something people are okay with.

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 04:04 PM
People make fun of me all the time for using Misty in PvP. I find there are too many people who are unaware of things going on that they don't really see how useful it really is. If there is a curse mage and I have 3 rogues on my team I always run Misty, I get less kills but it completely eliminates 1 skill on a mage's skill set that can do a lot of damage to my entire team. After they realize this they will usually just zone out because it makes the mage fairly useless. Getting stunned by 2 'stuns' over and over is incredibly frustrating because there isn't a whole lot you can do no matter what type of gear you have. If you're caught with the wrong set up then it's kinda your own fault - adjusting to win is one of the best parts of PvP and is what makes it so enjoyable.

I'll tell you what the real issue is which is the problem. Stun and panic are two separate effects, so a character can stun you then follow it up by panicking you. This is something that was attempted to be eliminated previously by granting stun immunity after you initially get stunned. Well... they're the same thing and they should both be classified in the game coding as a stun. Nothing is more frustrating then getting stunned, then panic - this was decided on previously that you should not be allowed to stun stun stun -

02-14-2013, 03:11 PM - Samhayne : "Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP."

The real question is whether the above stun then panic is working as intended. My guess is that it is working as intended but the gaming community should also weigh in on whether this is something people are okay with.

I get your point. But in my eyes panic and every other stun is just a stun that immoblies you. Being stunned paniced feebeld otherwhatever by a pet over and over again is too much

Bless
08-19-2013, 05:15 PM

I get your point. But in my eyes panic and every other stun is just a stun that immoblies you. Being stunned paniced feebeld otherwhatever by a pet over and over again is too much thats what jex just said

Soundlesskill
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
thats what jex just said

Then I did not understand 1 word, but shortened her text to 100 words or something. I call it awesomess

Bless
08-19-2013, 06:09 PM
thats what jex just said

Then I did not understand 1 word, but shortened her text to 100 words or something. I call it awesomess lol ;)

Cero
08-20-2013, 04:24 AM
hehe chill Em.

the solutions were already givin.
1. Orions arcane - chance to miss incoming attacks. Many realy doesnt know how usefull this pet is. I realy find this effective counter attack against a curse user.
- it also can do panic chance.

2. Misty - the cure, as what jex said it would sacrifice an uber kill strike but helps the team to win. If you can use it right any curse user or slaggers can be killed.

Anyways nothing beats a well teamed players.

----we all know we can spam arcanes------

anyways good thing Warriors have Anti movement Impairment:P. I can run around and care less about stun or panic. lol

gison
08-20-2013, 04:27 AM
I agree with the OP. Stun pets are stupidly overpowered when used by 5 players...

Stun pets should not stun for more than 2seconds.

And to the guy who thinks you should use slag too, not everyone can afford it.

I will always stand firm on this, idc what others' fancy experiments prove, the stun pet duration should be nerfed. And avoiding a slag stun would sacrifice more than what the result would be if you get slag stunned...

Lol, even if slag's stun gets a nerf, if 5 very experienced players using Slag are on the same team, they can just alternate between stuns.

Soundlesskill
08-20-2013, 04:35 AM
hehe chill Em.

the solutions were already givin.
1. Orions arcane - chance to miss incoming attacks. Many realy doesnt know how usefull this pet is. I realy find this effective counter attack against a curse user.
- it also can do panic chance.

2. Misty - the cure, as what jex said it would sacrifice an uber kill strike but helps the team to win. If you can use it right any curse user or slaggers can be killed.

Anyways nothing beats a well teamed players.

----we all know we can spam arcanes------

anyways good thing Warriors have Anti movement Impairment:P. I can run around and care less about stun or panic. lol

Meh I'll just have to pvp with you more lol

gison
08-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Meh I'll just have to pvp with you more lol

I thought you and Cero were like pvp buddies or something?:o

Soundlesskill
08-20-2013, 08:06 AM
I thought you and Cero were like pvp buddies or something?:o

We were tourney partners. Best choice of my AL life :p

Haligali
08-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Slag does not stun technically, but makes panic. Stun=when stars appear over your head, panic=when you dance. I think sts should implement panic immune not only in pvp, but pve also:

Its very annoying in kraken mines1 and reef maps. Ghost shark makes you dance, right after the second one comes near and you are dancing again, while you can not even move.

Bless
08-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Slag does not stun technically, but makes panic. Stun=when stars appear over your head, panic=when you dance. I think sts should implement panic immune not only in pvp, but pve also:

Its very annoying in kraken mines1 and reef maps. Ghost shark makes you dance, right after the second one comes near and you are dancing again, while you can not even move. I say: Stun and panic should both classify as a stun in the game

Haligali
08-20-2013, 12:25 PM
I say: Stun and panic should both classify as a stun in the game

Eh, this was before, if i remember correctly.

Soundlesskill
08-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Hali I thought you loved dancing D;

Paulsebi
08-21-2013, 02:30 AM
From what I see on forum....

Mages are OP cause of stun and curse.... warriors are OP cause of maul and proc..... rogues are op cause of crit hit..... slag is op cause of stun..... samael is op cause of stun....

Dear STS, please delete the game and this would make anyone happy....

Hope you felt my sarcasm......

Stop complaning and play the game guys.... each class has his own power... but also his weekness.

Have fun and enjoy the game.

Energizeric
08-21-2013, 03:09 AM
^^my thoughts exactly^^

moonway03
08-21-2013, 04:52 AM

Mages are OP cause of stun and curse.... warriors are OP cause of maul and proc..... rogues are op cause of crit hit..... slag is op cause of stun..... samael is op cause of stun....

Stop complaning and play the game guys.... each class has his own power... but also his weekness.

Lmao

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

gison
08-21-2013, 04:55 AM

What everyone feels with all these complaining threads ^^^