PDA

View Full Version : lightning or ice bolt

ugreuker
08-19-2013, 12:27 PM
for pvp and pve
what is better?

arun_may16
08-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Both. Lightning is better than frost in boss fights.

drgrimmy
08-20-2013, 12:51 AM
You will get a lot of different opinions, but I think....

For elite pve I think frost is better. It has the added benefit of crowd control. And yes with the 15% damage upgrade of lightning, lightning's initial damage is higher, but frost may even do higher single target damage over time with its stacking dot. Also, don't forget that when frost is charged, the freeze/slow affects the mobs around the main target and will do dot to these mobs every time even without the aoe upgrade.

For non-elite pve tombs where mobs die quick, the aoe upgrade of lightening actually happens pretty often and melts away the mobs.

For pvp I would say lightning. I think that in most cases it is far more important for you to kill your enemy as quickly as possible, so the higher instantaneous damage of light wins out here. Sure it is funny to see your enemy die from the dot of fire and frost after you die, but what good does that really do you? And sure you can slow enemies with frost, but it does not really do anything to slow down their ranged attacks.

nyxaire
08-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Lightning is better for boss fights, massive damage, and a chance area of affect.
Frost Bolt does damage over time, freezes Mobs, slows down enemies, and a chance of area of affect.

wolf17
08-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I would say ice for pve mobs, because of the AoE and DoT. I can't rely on light for the AoE. Yeah light is better for bosses but IMO rouges are the ones here to kill the boss and mages for the mobs.
Light is better for pvp, with the 250% increase for crit. But of course there are good mages out there who know how to use ice effectively in pvp.

Alhuntrazeck
08-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Lightning for PvP n ice for PvE :)

cave quester
08-23-2013, 01:51 AM
I would say ice because of the slowness like i hate when i run in circles against a high level monster to wait for the dead party to come back and the monster is faster than me lol so frost 100%

JaytB
08-23-2013, 02:02 AM
For PvE, Ice hands down.

Tehh
08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Ice frost for pve, you can switch over to lightning before a boss fight it you want, I sometimes do

Azemeazed
08-24-2013, 11:31 AM
You will get a lot of different opinions, but I think....

For elite pve I think frost is better. It has the added benefit of crowd control. And yes with the 15% damage upgrade of lightning, lightning's initial damage is higher, but frost may even do higher single target damage over time with its stacking dot. Also, don't forget that when frost is charged, the freeze/slow affects the mobs around the main target and will do dot to these mobs every time even without the aoe upgrade.

For non-elite pve tombs where mobs die quick, the aoe upgrade of lightening actually happens pretty often and melts away the mobs.

For pvp I would say lightning. I think that in most cases it is far more important for you to kill your enemy as quickly as possible, so the higher instantaneous damage of light wins out here. Sure it is funny to see your enemy die from the dot of fire and frost after you die, but what good does that really do you? And sure you can slow enemies with frost, but it does not really do anything to slow down their ranged attacks.

lightning do aoe higher than 15%/25% as noted in skill description?
also are you sure you can freez group if you dont have first upgrade in ice? i remember that i never freezed tham, only slowed and did aoe without that upgrade.

Ifrs
08-24-2013, 11:48 AM
also are you sure you can freez group if you dont have first upgrade in ice? i remember that i never freezed tham, only slowed and did aoe without that upgrade.

If you release charged ice in close range (near melee) range on mobs you can freeze without the upgrade.

drgrimmy
08-24-2013, 11:51 AM

It is much more common to freeze the primary target and slow the adjacent mobs, but it will occasionally freeze the adjacent mobs. It will also do dot to all mobs that it slows or freezes. It does this all without the first aoe upgrade, but you have to charge it for it to work. It will do this 100% of the time if you charge it. It you don't charge it, it will only freeze and do initial damage and dot to the primary target. I believe all the aoe upgrade does is add the initial impact damage to the adjacent mobs a percentage of the time (25%).

Azemeazed
08-24-2013, 06:25 PM
i just removed first upgrade from ice and it seems same as with it, thx for extra point guys!