PDA

View Full Version : Why the Op items, sets? Ill tell ya!

largecommand
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
I'll tell you why! Everyone knows the OP Forgotten bow, or the OP swift set. Lets take it back to sewer's cap. The custom was OP next was Demonic int was op, then Crafted lilith, I don't know about 71 cap wasn't here for it, and now the swift set.

Everyone knows the forgotten bows and thier Op'ness.;)

Well I'll tell you why they keep introducing these new items. Purely cause of buisness!

Imagine this, a balanced set player A vs balanced set player B, now there's one diffrence, let's say Player A is more skilled, and Player B is a newbie. We all know who'd win right? These balanced sets only help the skilled, and StS would be neglecting the vase newbie players that play this game, therefore neglecting thier business.Thus introducing OP weapons and set's so that Newbies like Player B has a fighting chance. So that players like Player B can do well in the game. Now the switching Endgame Op sets are purely for equality so mages don't dominate forever or vise versa.

TEOKILLO
08-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Actually 71 pvp was pretty balanced b4 76 cap

Spyce
08-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Forgotten isn't OP at all!

Schnitzel
08-19-2013, 09:19 PM
I'll tell you why! Everyone knows the OP Forgotten bow, or the OP swift set. Lets take it back to sewer's cap. The custom was OP next was Demonic int was op, then Crafted lilith, I don't know about 71 cap wasn't here for it, and now the swift set.

Everyone knows the forgotten bows and thier Op'ness.;)

Well I'll tell you why they keep introducing these new items. Purely cause of buisness!

Imagine this, a balanced set player A vs balanced set player B, now there's one diffrence, let's say Player A is more skilled, and Player B is a newbie. We all know who'd win right? These balanced sets only help the skilled, and StS would be neglecting the vase newbie players that play this game, therefore neglecting thier business.Thus introducing OP weapons and set's so that Newbies like Player B has a fighting chance. So that players like Player B can do well in the game. Now the switching Endgame Op sets are purely for equality so mages don't dominate forever or vise versa.
Oh mai gawd..that actually Doesnt make sense.

Doodlebeast
08-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Sewers cap- Custom is OP? Yes, you can still beat it with the right skills tho.
FB? OP? Yes, very. Messed up what PVP was suppose to be like.

Certain level sets that FB messed up :
All low lvl below 30 bla bla
Lv 31-35 iceberg longsword warbirds
Lv 40-49 Lol now burds and everything there has a new weapon called forg bows.
> Lv 50 FB has the ability to go face to face with certain sets even if FB user is a nub.

Gaunab
08-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Interesting point but I would actually say its the other way around: If STS wants new players to get hooked there needs to be an incentive to get better. Experience and skill should be rewarded; the more time you spend playing, practicing and strategizing the higher should be the payoff and the satisfaction. If there is no incentive to improve (because everyone performes roughly the same) people will get bored very quickly and move on to something else and also people who used to dominate due to their superior skill from longtime experience will get frustrated, discouraged and eventually quit (its been happening already).

If STS only focuses on attracting short term players and keeps losing their loyal customer base the community which makes this game what it is wont be sustainable.

On a sidenote: If STS was really that concerned about newcomers not having a fair chance in PvP against the oldies they wouldnt have given us elite rings whilst not making any new caps for indefinitely long timeperiods.

Waug
08-20-2013, 10:07 AM
lul wha a genious.

first off, swift is not op, the last thing is swift is not op, the story ended.

Suentous PO
08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
If the bows were to even the field they would have to be perminatly availiable as drops, but instead you now have low lev bows costing more than a new player can afford.

tHelonestud
08-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Demonic int was op
Demonic intelligence was definitely the weakest of the 60 cap, the mace was much stronger.
I wouldn't really say that swift is any more OP than savage scythe set this cap, especially when you consider that the phoenix bow is elite and the scythe set is just a regular cap item.

Cheenivie
08-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Demonic intelligence was definitely the weakest of the 60 cap, the mace was much stronger.
I wouldn't really say that swift is any more OP than savage scythe set this cap, especially when you consider that the phoenix bow is elite and the scythe set is just a regular cap item.

Its not the set thats op its the 9 skill point so if a bird has 9blind and hits thats 60 less hit% and then blast at l9 is 571-598 damage...

Roberto077
08-21-2013, 09:45 AM
You forgot the fact that when skilled players take an fbow they are practically invincible.

Roberto077
08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Its not the set thats op its the 9 skill point so if a bird has 9blind and hits thats 60 less hit% and then blast at l9 is 571-598 damage...

If the skill points were still a max of 6, then blast would still be doing 541-568 damage.