PDA

View Full Version : Turn the cap banners into something more meaningful!

IronMonkey
08-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi STS,

I've been playing this game since Season 1 and I capped and got the red banner. On Season 2, 3 and this season, I have capped as well, I believe many others too. At lvl 36, I still guess, we will have another colored banner but my inventory slot is limited and these banners are taking up precious space. I know that you have plans of using the mythic helm+armor and forging them better by combining thru a questline. So my suggestion is this: Why don't you guys adopt the same concept, Season 1 to Season 5 banners, thru a quest line, will turned into something valuable and meaningful, perhaps a vanity set. What do you think?

Szangheili
08-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Uhm, you do know you have a stash??

IronMonkey
08-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Uhm, you do know you have a stash??

Lol, of course I know that. A player like me, holds some discontinued items and it takes up invty. slot and your stash. Imagine a player with multiply LB achievement banners, don't you think the banner would fill the slots faster than the items? Don't tell me, everytime your invty slots fills up, you'll buy and buy more slots.

The rationale here is this, having all the season banners shows a players loyalty to the game. I actually got this idea from Mysticaleagle, what he suggested is this, the season 1 players who stayed on this game until now, should be rewarded an item of loyalty, a founder's item of some sort. Imagine if we reach lvl 101, that'll will be a lot of banners, don't you think?

gison
08-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Lol, of course I know that. A player like me, holds some discontinued items and it takes up invty. slot and your stash. Imagine a player with multiply LB achievement banners, don't you think the banner would fill the slots faster than the items? Don't tell me, everytime your invty slots fills up, you'll buy and buy more slots.

The rationale here is this, having all the season banners shows a players loyalty to the game. I actually got this idea from Mysticaleagle, what he suggested is this, the season 1 players who stayed on this game until now, should be rewarded an item of loyalty, a founder's item of some sort. Imagine if we reach lvl 101, that'll will be a lot of banners, don't you think?

Level 101 is a long way from today, I suggest you worry about today, the present.

And yes, I think people who were here the first week/month AL was out should get an exclusive vanity :p like a fiery vanity set, or a rare pet with cool awesome stats.

Also, to reply to your "multiple banners" issue, it's really simple, just stash unwanted items and hold your banners, or stash some banners and keep some.

Deadroth
08-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Not bad idea :) But i think the "cap" reward shouldn't be a banner... We have enough of banners.. I mean. I have.. Ofc banners can exist and be reward for LB, arcane, mythic etc. but it would be cool if that reward would be somethin special, like the "valentine" wanity but with Shuyal theme. I mean the 3D effect. Like from amulet or ring. But anyway nice idea.

drgrimmy
08-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes! Please STS come out with some sort of founder vanity item that cannot be traded. I think it would be nice for those of us who have been around since day one. I have always been somewhat disappointed that the original founders gear was tradeable and that there has been a founders vanity out there for about 6 months that looks exactly the same aside from color. Furthermore, the level 16 cap banner doesn't look much different from the other level cap banners and I don't think I have ever even worn it. I am lucky enough to also have a season 1 leaderboard banner, but it also looks the same as the rest, and no one ever understands what the little roman numeral one on it means :(

Uzii
08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I always feel like stabbed insect wearing those banners.

So why not :)

Deadroth
08-20-2013, 01:00 PM
I always feel like stabbed insect wearing those banners.

So why not :)

Haha XD

IronMonkey
08-20-2013, 11:42 PM
or as someone suggested before, banners will still be there but it will be placed in a wall behind your character, like the wall you can see when you inspect someone. That will be a cool highlight of your achievements.

Soundlesskill
08-21-2013, 12:27 AM
I like 16 banner as it is... I just don't have it.. But if i did, i wouldn't change it