PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling damge/heal text too slow to keep up?

Splurd
04-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Long story. Because I feel the urge to be verbose
Ok basically, I was doing mega maze with a warrior, he was leeching, and didnt have a proper weapon, his dps was like, 20.

But as we walked down one corridor, I over aggro-ed too many monsters and they overwhelmed me and I didnt pay attention to my health and I died.

So all the mobs targeted him next, whilst I respawned. But this warrior had a lot of determination to survive, and basically drank pots like crazy. By the time I ran over there, he was still surviving, trying to fight them. So I helped mopped them up and we continued our hunt.

But....
The numbers on his head just kept scrolling. I mean, really... he is just standing there, and I see him getting pummelled and pots being drunk, doging a few. etc It was quite amusing.

I know the numbers scroll at a specified rate, but this can lead to some problems, like what I just mentioned. It affects mobs as well, so when a big group of people focus fire on a monster we just see some scrolling numbers, which are technically out dated.

The problem with the slow scrolling is our damage is not reflected well. Like if I am shooting a boss, and I activate rage, I expect to see a damage increase but I'm still seeing my damage from my pre-rage attacks. It does make the whole scrolling text... pointless since after while they dont reflect the damage your doing.

nerdherd
04-30-2010, 10:21 AM
My favorite is when I die and then I still have like 10 red damage numbers scroll above me afterwards.

Aerospacegod
04-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Or when you die and then you find a good item. Your dead so you shouldn't get it. Or your walking down an adjoining hallway and get exp from the battle on the other side lol

asommers
04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I'll double the scrolling rate.

-ALS

EDIT: Looks like a bug in the code doesn't let me change this in data. This will be addressed in version 1.2.

nerdherd
04-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Or when you die and then you find a good item. Your dead so you shouldn't get it. Or your walking down an adjoining hallway and get exp from the battle on the other side lol
I have to disagree with this one...especially with the new looting system I don't want to be left out of a boss loot drop let because I died one second before he was killed (and probably due to lag anyway).

asommers
04-30-2010, 04:37 PM
I have to disagree with this one...especially with the new looting system I don't want to be left out of a boss loot drop let because I died one second before he was killed (and probably due to lag anyway).

As long as you don't respawn, you'll still receive the item since your corpse will be in range.

-ALS

Splurd
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM

Those are not bugs, its perfectly ok.

Just pretend your team mates kindly placed the item on your corpse, out of respect for your brave misguided and comical deed of charging 20 monsters alone