PDA

View Full Version : Build for wt4 leveling

deaZi
08-21-2013, 10:27 AM
H guys,

Im in need of a good build for my mage, for,leveling in wt4.

Anyone that can help me a bit ?

Grtz

drgrimmy
08-21-2013, 11:09 AM
If you want to save on pots, I would say the easiest is fire 4/4, frost 2/4 (upgrades for dot increased duration of effects/dot), time 4/4, life 1/4 (with the upgrade to restore mana) and 5/5 int, 5/5 str and 5/5 dex or damage (your choice, I prefer dex for the 125 health and the vanity of having a higher damage on the stat screen, lmfao).

You can also get by with a fire, light, shield and life build. A little slower due to the having only 2 offensive skills, but interestingly enough for solo runs in w4 I find that I use far less pots with this build. Also more versatile if you want to jump into pvp occasionally.

deaZi
08-21-2013, 09:40 PM
If you want to save on pots, I would say the easiest is fire 4/4, frost 2/4 (upgrades for dot increased duration of effects/dot), time 4/4, life 1/4 (with the upgrade to restore mana) and 5/5 int, 5/5 str and 5/5 dex or damage (your choice, I prefer dex for the 125 health and the vanity of having a higher damage on the stat screen, lmfao).

You can also get by with a fire, light, shield and life build. A little slower due to the having only 2 offensive skills, but interestingly enough for solo runs in w4 I find that I use far less pots with this build. Also more versatile if you want to jump into pvp occasionally.

And full int or ??

cindersx
08-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Well in my opinion, I would say you use fire 4/5 (no scorch), frost 4/5 (no arctic shatter), time 5/5, and shield 4/5 (no displacement wave). Put all stat points into intellect. Use 5/5 passive knowledge and 5/5 passive might. I say might because sorcerers are a bit squishy and it'll help you take on more damage when you have shield on.

^This is currently my build.. except for the part that I'm level 30. At level 31, I'm gonna get one more skill point into might passive and have the skillset said above. This build worked great for me. I've been leveling on wt4 since level 17. Very nice build. Also, stay back! If you would like to use the skillset I mentioned, it will require having to use some pots. Just stay behind the warrior and the rogue (if the rogue uses daggers) and use those skills. Should be knocking out those enemies pretty fast! Enjoy! :)

drgrimmy
08-21-2013, 10:49 PM
And full int or ??

Yes full int! :)

ryantat
08-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Well in my opinion, I would say you use fire 4/5 (no scorch), frost 4/5 (no arctic shatter), time 5/5, and shield 4/5 (no displacement wave). Put all stat points into intellect. Use 5/5 passive knowledge and 5/5 passive might. I say might because sorcerers are a bit squishy and it'll help you take on more damage when you have shield on.

^This is currently my build.. except for the part that I'm level 30. At level 31, I'm gonna get one more skill point into might passive and have the skillset said above. This build worked great for me. I've been leveling on wt4 since level 17. Very nice build. Also, stay back! If you would like to use the skillset I mentioned, it will require having to use some pots. Just stay behind the warrior and the rogue (if the rogue uses daggers) and use those skills. Should be knocking out those enemies pretty fast! Enjoy!

I saw a tons of sorc in game built like this. very effective in game but running tomb is not enough fast

Gesaffelstein
08-29-2013, 02:34 AM
what about Gale, Fire, Time and Ice?
Ofcourse for pot-using players.

xoxo

drgrimmy
08-29-2013, 04:55 AM
what about Gale, Fire, Time and Ice?
Ofcourse for pot-using players.

xoxo

Actually my personal favorite build, especially for elite runs. Most people would substitute light for gale, but I also prefer gale. The aoe upgrade of light actually works decently well and procs fairly often if you charge the skill in tomb runs where every cast of light is much more likely to kill an enemy (get aoe 25% of time if you kill an enemy with light).

Alhuntrazeck
08-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Fire-ice-clock-heal seems best IMO.

Spyce
08-29-2013, 09:13 PM
With a group or soloing?

JaytB
08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
For fastest clearing, given that you're not concerned about pot usage, I'd go gale/fire/ice/time.