PDA

View Full Version : Can I be a moderator?

Catfishstew
10-30-2010, 01:43 AM
I've been loving pl for a while now and I'm just wondering if there's anyway that I could become a moderator?

smoae
10-30-2010, 01:48 AM
As long as I can rule the western hemisphere you can be a moderator.

Raxie
10-30-2010, 02:07 AM
of course you can. but only if you recite a million digits of pi.

setec
10-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Further Reference:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?7263-Forum-moderators!

Frankly, since this forum is owned by the company, I think it should only be moderated by STS employees.

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Hb.... No? If anyone us fnords would be mods... -.-

Catfishstew
10-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Ok, I was just wondering, it would be pretty sweet :)

setec
10-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Hb.... No? If anyone us fnords would be mods... -.-

I'm sorry. Are you suggesting that those that used to play on the fnord server should be mods? And if so, what is the basis for such reasoning?

Look at the boot abuse the game currently suffers with. Making some players mods would only lead to abuse. I know there are a lot of nice players on the forums but frankly I only trust STS to do the moderating.

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm sorry. Are you suggesting that those that used to play on the fnord server should be mods? And if so, what is the basis for such reasoning?

Look at the boot abuse the game currently suffers with. Making some players mods would only lead to abuse. I know there are a lot of nice players on the forums but frankly I only trust STS to do the moderating.

Haha no bro, Im just suggesting that IF mods were to be, People who have played since day 1 should be them...
I dont support anything to do with player mods in any mmo and never will.

jonboy
10-30-2010, 02:37 AM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no and no.

Wait

No

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-30-2010, 02:38 AM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no and no.

Wait

No

You forgot another "no."

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjusaN8Jpr0

jonboy
10-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Ahh you didn't see the one I typed in white text then. :)

jonboy
10-30-2010, 02:45 AM
@twink nice find and quick to.

KingFu
10-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Personally I think if someone should be a mod it should be someone that's been here since early April, like twink said, since day one. The community is growing, but we don't need moderators quite yet, if we did, they would probably have people that have been around for a long time. I think Royce should be a moderator before most people personally, but that's just my opinion. All in all, Jonboy nailed it;)

icantgetkills
10-30-2010, 02:55 AM
OMG I WAS HERE from day almost 1 :) fnord FTW :D!!! I remember going onto fnord once and 11 players where on I was like LOL

Bring back fnord when there's 1000+ players on 24/7 I think they should bring it back :)

KingFu
10-30-2010, 04:31 AM
OMG I WAS HERE from day almost 1 :) fnord FTW :D!!! I remember going onto fnord once and 11 players where on I was like LOL

Bring back fnord when there's 1000+ players on 24/7 I think they should bring it back :)

I started with in the first week of the games launch. I remember seeing fnord and it'd have maybe 30 players on tops once or twice a day. I woke up one night and gor on at 2 am or so and i remember seeing like 8 people online lol. I remember everyone on Fnord laughed at Alterran players for having a large server and they said it was laggy and people from Alterra laughed at Fnordians becaus because they had a small server lol.

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 04:36 AM
-I must state this-

Srsly.. pmods

Q. What happens to my friends list when i become a mod!
A. What friends list?

Q. What do mods do!?
A. Well, they snitch on people, and report people they dont like

Q. Why do we need mods?
A. So we can make fun of them.. duhh

Q.What would happen if koiss was a mod!?!?
A. Id be banned.

Q. Do YOU wanna be a mod?
A. No.....

Q. Why do people WANT to be mods
A. Well, Scientificaly speaking, Acid is a strong haullsinogen, Which may cause people to invision them selves half naked in a cape holding a hammer....

KingFu
10-30-2010, 04:42 AM
-I must state this-

Srsly.. pmods

Q. What happens to my friends list when i become a mod!
A. What friends list?

Q. What do mods do!?
A. Well, they snitch on people, and report people they dont like

Q. Why do we need mods?
A. So we can make fun of them.. duhh

Q.What would happen if koiss was a mod!?!?
A. Id be banned.

Q. Do YOU wanna be a mod?
A. No.....

Q. Why do people WANT to be mods

A. Well, Scientificaly speaking, Acid is a strong haullsinogen, Which may cause people to invision them selves half naked in a cape holding a hammer....

Cool story bro

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Cool story bro

Have you ever seen another game with pmods...No one likes them..... pmods are like .. Policemen.. they have a need to Report everything... then they threaten u with reports if u dont give them crap etc etc... it turns into a big vicious cycle of Devs loving their pmod slaves, and saying there right 24/7 and thinking that pmods are amazing.. when auctally they are made pmods to make their 6 year old self esteem better.

KingFu
10-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Have you ever seen another game with pmods...No one likes them..... pmods are like .. Policemen.. they have a need to Report everything... then they threaten u with reports if u dont give them crap etc etc... it turns into a big vicious cycle of Devs loving their pmod slaves, and saying there right 24/7 and thinking that pmods are amazing.. when auctally they are made pmods to make their 6 year old self esteem better.

I just said it was a cool story....

vulgarstrike
10-30-2010, 07:11 AM
derp.

okaayy, day 1 people are not all great and wise, as some of our members have proven.
ahem...

but still. dude. you have 20 posts. hit another 2000 of those, and become well known in game.
until people are giving you free stuff just because, and everyone asks you questions about the game before they ask the devs, i dont see you being prospective.

ahem... anyone wanna make royce and i mods? :D
jokes boys. ITS A JOKE

Varking
10-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Not sure how play time or join date effects ones ability to moderate a forum. You are locking threads, handling issues, deleting posts, and moving them to different sections of the forum. You will also have to hand out unbiased punishments. I believe that this would make it hard for long time players who want to be friends with everyone. Again though, moderating a forum has nothing to do with how long you've been playing.

Arterra
10-30-2010, 09:16 AM
To those who say you need to have played since day 1... lol

it takes charisma, intelligence, responsibility, a sense of justice, and valour untamed... to brave the trolls from the internet...

on a more serious tone, we are talking about moderation here. join date should only be relevant when it is less than like 2 weeks. after that you just kind of absorb it... btw i think i passed my second month anniversary :'(

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 11:47 AM
To those who say you need to have played since day 1... lol

it takes charisma, intelligence, responsibility, a sense of justice, and valour untamed... to brave the trolls from the internet...

on a more serious tone, we are talking about moderation here. join date should only be relevant when it is less than like 2 weeks. after that you just kind of absorb it... btw i think i passed my second month anniversary :'(

I joined the forums wayyyy after i started playing...Never intrested me.

But now its like another world! Trolls, Faryies, Fire everywhere! minstrels, Big fish....Sexy people.... like ba....

Gaabob
10-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I am sure there are many people very capable of holding a mod status very well. However the only one I know of is Royce. Devs don't need mods though- they go on forums all the time, doing mod work that CANNOT be disputed.

shadywack
10-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I've been loving pl for a while now and I'm just wondering if there's anyway that I could become a moderator?

Catfishstew, with 20 posts, BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! zOMG LOL!!!

Arterra
10-30-2010, 12:27 PM

meh overdoing it.
@cat cmon, did you expect it?

Gaabob
10-30-2010, 12:32 PM

Number of posts mean veerrrry little. There are several people I could mention, but probably not a good idea.

Arterra
10-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Number of posts mean veerrrry little. There are several people I could mention, but probably not a good idea.

half true. it does show overall activity lol, but most of the posts could very well be garbage...

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Im very sorry but.. who would take a lvl 40 seriously...

vulgarstrike
10-30-2010, 05:20 PM

shadywack, with 88 posts, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! zOMG LOL!! NOOB!

shadywack
10-31-2010, 01:08 AM
shadywack, with 88 posts, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! zOMG LOL!! NOOB!

Ok, you're right, now that I have so many more I should ask to be moderator now!!