PDA

View Full Version : Question about construction boosts

PsycloneTW
08-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Greetings all,

Can someone clarify whether construction boosts apply to building upgrades or only to brand new buildings? I ask because I noticed that when I apply them that any buildings being upgraded don't get the 'sparkle' effect on them like the mines/barns that have a production boost applied.

Thanks!

Multibird
08-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Greetings all,

Can someone clarify whether construction boosts apply to building upgrades or only to brand new buildings? I ask because I noticed that when I apply them that any buildings being upgraded don't get the 'sparkle' effect on them like the mines/barns that have a production boost applied.

Thanks!

You can apply production boost on barn sheeps and gold. But to boost dragons and buildings you need to pay pearls.

One more thing about tribe. Tribe mates can click on you and boost. Each person can boost a guy once a day on anything being upgraded, so a total of 15min per person.

Jtmorris
08-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Why is it that I can't always time boost a tribe members upgrades? Sometimes I can help speed a dragon/dojo/etc and sometimes I can't. Also when I apply a time boost I don't see any change to the time...

Multibird
08-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Why is it that I can't always time boost a tribe members upgrades? Sometimes I can help speed a dragon/dojo/etc and sometimes I can't. Also when I apply a time boost I don't see any change to the time...
You can always boost resources, but only give boost to upgrades like dragons, dojos, dragon halls, and any other building that your tribe mate is upgrading.

You can't see their time, only they can see it.

Kraoracha
08-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I also noticed sometimes a dragon is upgrading, or another building, and no clock is at that building, while it is at others, I think that is what Jtmorris is saying.

Jtmorris
08-22-2013, 03:22 PM
I also noticed sometimes a dragon is upgrading, or another building, and no clock is at that building, while it is at others, I think that is what Jtmorris is saying.

Yes, this is much better articulated, thank you. :rugby:

Samhayne
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
You can only give a tribe-mate or Facebook friend a time boost if that building has 1 day or more to go on it. The game limits this so you don't send a 5 minute timer reduction that the user never gets to use because, say, they didn't log in to get it before the building finished upgrading on its own.

The timer reductions that you give when visiting shave 5 minutes off of the time to complete the upgrade or build. If you give all 3, that's 15 minutes taken off the build time.

Hopefully that helps clarify!

Jtmorris
08-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Ah thanks for that answer.

So why is it I don't see a difference in the timers when I've used a time boost. I just tested and confirmed. I have 4 upgrades going, got three time boosts, and NONE of the timers changed.

glengon
08-23-2013, 12:59 AM
You can only give a tribe-mate or Facebook friend a time boost if that building has 1 day or more to go on it. The game limits this so you don't send a 5 minute timer reduction that the user never gets to use because, say, they didn't log in to get it before the building finished upgrading on its own.

The timer reductions that you give when visiting shave 5 minutes off of the time to complete the upgrade or build. If you give all 3, that's 15 minutes taken off the build time.

Um so what happens if I dont use the timer reductions from my tribemates? Will they reduce the timer of the next upgrade I do? Or will they disappear?

PsycloneTW
08-23-2013, 01:39 PM

Ok then is there a bug in the game that doesn't reflect the time reduction when applying the construction boost? This is what seems to be happening, for example I started to build a Temple of Magic. It's build time started at 23 hours and 59 minutes. I went to my Tribe Mail screen and immediately applied a handful of construction boosts that were donated to me by my tribemates. I went back to the game screen and noticed that the build time for the Temple did not change. Is this a bug or am I not understanding how a construction boost works?

Gon Freecs
08-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Right now the game only lets you boost the buildings your tribe mates chose to boost. e.g. u have 4 sheep barns and they boosted no. 1 2 and 3. so its pre determined which buildings will get the boosts. as the Admin said your tribe mates can only boost the building that have a timer of 1 day or more. The boost ur tribe mates sent you must have been on another building. You probably didn't get to use it because the building was already upgraded and ready before you got to it.
Hope this helps.
Check out our newly established tribe!

PsycloneTW
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Right now the game only lets you boost the buildings your tribe mates chose to boost. e.g. u have 4 sheep barns and they boosted no. 1 2 and 3. so its pre determined which buildings will get the boosts. as the Admin said your tribe mates can only boost the building that have a timer of 1 day or more. The boost ur tribe mates sent you must have been on another building. You probably didn't get to use it because the building was already upgraded and ready before you got to it.
Hope this helps.
Check out our newly established tribe!

Ok that makes sense, which leads me to another question. I assume that since you are not shown construction/production times on buildings when visiting tribemates, the fact that you have an available boost on a particular building/mine/barn(yellow pocket watch icon) would indicate that it is eligible for a boost, i.e. if you see a boost icon on a building then you can assume that at the time that you visited your tribemate that that building had longer than a day remaining in upgrade/build time. So now, the recipient of the boost sees that boost available to them. So, let's say that the recipient of the boost waits until the remaining time is less than a day remaining, will they still be able to use that boost or is it now wasted? Furthermore, what if the boost is never used on that building but later when it's time to upgrade that same building(and the upgrade will take more than a day) can you then use that boost for that building or will it go to waste and never be usable for any building?

IMO this mechanic seems a bit broken, it seems that if a boost is specifically assigned to a building, and you try to use it when the building is not under construction then the game should prevent you from using it, instead of consuming it from your inventory. I guess the best way to use them is to constantly keep an eye on the boosts sent to you and use them as soon as you get them, only then would you be guaranteed to actually benefit from using it, otherwise it seems that a lot of donated items will go to waste.

Jtmorris
08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Well said.

In my example I received time boosts, but waited to use the once the timer was less than a day (so I could see the minutes). Nothing changed, and both buildings finished at the same time. This may just be a placebo boost.... Or broken.