PDA

View Full Version : Next Character

ToXiiC
08-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I have a level 41 bear and am looking to create another character to run. What would you guys recommend? My options EXCLUDE Rhino as I believe it to be fairly similar the the bear and want a different character. Here are my options:

1) DEX Fox using dual daggers with 165 STR for str gear/survivability
2) Pure INT Elf Mage
3) Pure DEX Bird using bows
4) DEX Bird using dual daggers with 165 STR for str gear/survivability

What do you guys think?

Producers
08-21-2013, 06:52 PM
I like mage, fun class to use :)

Suentous PO
08-21-2013, 06:55 PM
You've had a tank so this time go pure Mage or pure bird cuz its way different.
Duel daggers are pretty much for looks, not nearly as effective when compared to other builds.

Mage till the end
08-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Int/dex Mage my fav

ThePvpTwink
08-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Pure int Mage or pure dex bird prob

Duflie
08-21-2013, 09:01 PM
I just came back to playing PL again and I also made a new character (Rhino). It's been a really fun class to play as. So if you are just looking for some fun to mess around with then yeah, go with the Rhino

angeldawn
08-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Int Mage!!
Int Mage!!
Woot Woot!!
:-D

jerzy448
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Int Mage!!
Int Mage!!
Woot Woot!!
:-D

was making int mage. would staff or wand be better

Blastyou
08-22-2013, 06:03 PM

Wand makes you more defensive; use it for harder mobs/bosses or if you die a lot. Staff will make you more effective at killing mobs, so if you're good at staying alive, staff is probably the better option.

jerzy448
08-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Wand makes you more defensive; use it for harder mobs/bosses or if you die a lot. Staff will make you more effective at killing mobs, so if you're good at staying alive, staff is probably the better option.
Ty for the fast response.

Mothwing
08-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Dex bird is a really fun option also, I have like 3. They're really cool to solo dungeons with. Thorn wall, cruel blast can take out a whole group of mobs.

angeldawn
08-22-2013, 08:19 PM

I would keep a staff and wand in your inventory and equip when necessary. You can run the same map and one time and need a wand because you team isn't as experienced and next time run with a staff because you are playing with a bear who can keep agro.

Staffs can also be very effective on bosses that take a long time to kill. Can you can run map with wan and braver then when get to the boss switch to staff.

I was a noob for soooooo long. I always ran with a staff. And I was always on my back in AO3 and sewers. Then one day a friend convinced me to switch to wand and a whole new world opened up to me :)

jerzy448
08-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I would keep a staff and wand in your inventory and equip when necessary. You can run the same map and one time and need a wand because you team isn't as experienced and next time run with a staff because you are playing with a bear who can keep agro.

Staffs can also be very effective on bosses that take a long time to kill. Can you can run map with wan and braver then when get to the boss switch to staff.

I was a noob for soooooo long. I always ran with a staff. And I was always on my back in AO3 and sewers. Then one day a friend convinced me to switch to wand and a whole new world opened up to me :)

ty for the great info. i have dex/int mage but wanted to see what full int mage was like. will get both and keep in inventory and use. will be pure of every class just to see what its like.

jerzy448
08-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Dex bird is a really fun option also, I have like 3. They're really cool to solo dungeons with. Thorn wall, cruel blast can take out a whole group of mobs.

Yea i was dex bird until i met those yetis in humania when i was trying to cap 71. It was my first toon and i was very inexperienced. I think im ready to try a new one now

Blastyou
08-22-2013, 09:02 PM
ty for the great info. i have dex/int mage but wanted to see what full int mage was like. will get both and keep in inventory and use. will be pure of every class just to see what its like.

Just a heads up, pure only works well for bird and mage. Pure STR will result in a character with super low hit percent, which is both frustrating and ineffective.

jerzy448
08-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Just a heads up, pure only works well for bird and mage. Pure STR will result in a character with super low hit percent, which is both frustrating and ineffective.

When i wrote that meant to say pure bird and mage. i have bear its cool but one of my least favorite. i will not create another one of them. ty for the great info.

Now to find a way to get motivated and play