PDA

View Full Version : Esteban

Eeilis
08-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I am just wondering, but I heard Esteban, the blue deer, is only for Mages and Warriors. But when I got an egg, I was surprised to see that it gives you 10% damage, 10% dodge and 5% critical. So is Esteban a good pet for rogue as well?

I'm just wondering since I have never really seen a Rogue with an Esteban before...

Temarichan
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
He's OK. But it's better that you have a pet with some type of DEX like Talon, McCraw, etc.

Taejo
08-25-2013, 10:21 PM
I am just wondering, but I heard Esteban, the blue deer, is only for Mages and Warriors. But when I got an egg, I was surprised to see that it gives you 10% damage, 10% dodge and 5% critical. So is Esteban a good pet for rogue as well?

I'm just wondering since I have never really seen a Rogue with an Esteban before...

You'll hardly see anyone run with Esteban, because he's severely underrated. Players will disregard him because he offers no stats, and fail to look at the usefulness of his passive and arcane abilities for bosses. For hard hitting bosses, he's one of my top choices as a warrior, because I can afford the stat loss, and the debuffs greatly benefit my party when stacked with enfeeble. If you're a rogue, and know that you won't have much of an issue with HPs against a certain bosses, I would say give him a try.

Ebezaanec
08-25-2013, 11:01 PM
He will be a great pet in the long run, since many pets now only give fixed amounts of stats.

Abaddon for example, is good now... But later the armor boost will be too small.

However percentage pets will adapt along with your stats :)

Taejo
08-25-2013, 11:17 PM
He will be a great pet in the long run, since many pets now only give fixed amounts of stats.

Abaddon for example, is good now... But later the armor boost will be too small.

However percentage pets will adapt along with your stats :)

This is a brilliant answer. Thanks for bringing up this point, Ebe. "Hard stats" or percentiles are always highly desired in any MMORPG once you start getting deeper into end-game where +15 STR or INT won't benefit you much at all. So for now, if you can survive without the added benefits of +STR/DEX/INT, give Esteban a try.

Ironmarmot
08-26-2013, 08:54 AM
I've always been more interested in items with % because they grow with you. Because he is also very attainable, Esteban had been the main pet for every character in our group for a long time. He's still in the rotation and his passive is also quite solid.

Eeilis
09-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Ok thanks. I guess he is Ok. :)

dizzzzzzzzz
09-08-2013, 03:54 PM
well im a rogue pvp twink and i use esteban in few situations: when theres noobs in area, when my other pets are hungry, when im fighting lower lvls, i like esteban since it grans a nice dodge stat, little crit for my aimed, and 10% dmg, prty cool pet if you cant afford malison, its good for all classes

Alhuntrazeck
09-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Well...if you use Esteban, be prepared to be called a noob a lot! :p

KingMartin
09-10-2013, 03:43 AM
The pets with % damage boost and % increase of other stats rock more and more as you gear up at 36 level.

Don't forget that the % boost does not show in the Avatar screen and make calculations. I get a kick of how people rant about Abaddon. My rogue has 1400+ armor with him (yeah, agree, the boost will get proportionally lower) and with 15% dmg bonus it is one of my favorites for clearing hard mobs. Currently, he's my only 36 level pet, slag and talon following him soon.

Metztli
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM

He was among my top pets for a long time and would still be if I were not leveling up my newly acquired Slag and Abaddon. As a dagger rogue who is swims right into the thick of the mob, I appreciate the damage, crit and doge increase. His arcane also reduces enemy hit, damage and dodge by 10% - useful. (Although I'd love to be able to tell how long the effect lasts).

Taejo
09-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Well...if you use Esteban, be prepared to be called a noob a lot! :p

Sad but true. The irony is, those calling you "noob" are actually the ones that have no idea what they're talking about, and probably don't see how Esteban is a good pet.

Alrisaia
09-24-2013, 07:55 PM
i love Esteban as a pvp dueling pet