PDA

View Full Version : Battery performance

Alfai
08-21-2013, 11:35 PM
This is not another complaint..just sharing and perhaps getting fruitful feedback.

Im in need to buy my 4th battery.3 already ruined since i started play al in march.
I removed all background apps,running at low grpahic settings you name it so i can enjoy longer hours and powered on portability.

Maximum consumption are obvious when i am playing pvp or running elite with mobs.

I did plug in charger only to make matter worse as it decrease the battery life which the result i am experiencing now.the 2 activities above the charger cant keep up with the consumption hence it ends up with screen blinking and 0prcnt battery status.this is a severe critical damage to a standard lithium ion.
For a mobile app the graphics is considered tunning.but it defeats the portability and hours of gaming experience.

I am using samsung note btw and i prefer and only verse in smartphone device as the platform.i tried tab but spamming pots miserably fail.

Do share any tips or comments on what is planned for to make the game more enjoyable and portable.

Alrisaia
08-22-2013, 12:03 AM
i turn my screen brightness all the way down if i can... this helps.

i play with full graphics acceleration zoomed ask the way out.

on a full charge i can run elites for about 1.5 hours before i have to worry about charging.

in fact i just finished some hard running that lasted about 2 hours and got low battery warning about twenty minutes ago. i plugged in to finish the last run but i never pay while charging... phone overheats and burns my fingers ;-)

Soundlesskill
08-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Same provlem alf

Venom
08-22-2013, 01:39 AM
This game is a battery hog. I have played many other games, none of them require so much battery! Also need to be in room with A/C on, else phone heats up too much :/

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-22-2013, 01:58 AM
i never pay while charging... phone overheats and burns my fingers ;-)

This game is a battery hog. I have played many other games, none of them require so much battery! Also need to be in room with A/C on, else phone heats up too much :/

You guys play on iPhone5?

Wowsome
08-22-2013, 02:19 AM
one of my friends phone died (0% battery) while plugged in to the charger - true story. and too many times cant hold the phone without getting fingers burnt.

nothing heats up and drains my laptop more than AL (like the graphics tho ;)). also, sometimes the memory consumption for chrome goes beyond 1G and slows everything down to the point that i have to kill/restart the processes.

Linkincena
08-22-2013, 02:23 AM
U can save power by:
1.Go to Game options II>> then Battery saver>>slide to Less battery usage
2.Go to Game options I>> Pixel double>>tick it
3.Go to Game options I>> Disable camera effects>>tick it

There u go ^^

Hinataa
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I bought 3 chargers... because it melted due the playing game, since i basically don't do anything else on my tab

Sakurakixazz
08-22-2013, 01:34 PM
My battery is fried due to al..i use to be able to play for a few hours n my battery wouldn't die..now it over heats n dies before it even hits 50% I never know whens it gonna die now =( =(

Alrisaia
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Screen Brightness 0%

Energizeric
08-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I never have this problem with my iPhone 4S. I've had it for almost 2 years (will be 2 years in October) and I play 2-3 hours before I need a recharge.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I never have this problem with my iPhone 4S. I've had it for almost 2 years (will be 2 years in October) and I play 2-3 hours before I need a recharge.

My Iphone 4S lasts 20min then dies :3 GF

saiyen
08-23-2013, 08:08 AM
My galaxy s4 dies in 150mins...... This game is a battery killer

Conquered
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Try to lessen the Brightness in the Contrast Settings + Remove other apps, just the AL. Hope this helps you :)

GoodSyntax
08-23-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure whether you use an iPhone or Android, but I noticed that the difference in battery life between Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x), Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x) and Jelly Bean (Android 4.2) significantly improved between versions. Jelly Bean in particular seems to have exceptional battery life. I can easily go 3 hours of continuous gaming before I start getting battery warnings. With Gingerbread I barely got an hour of continuous play on my older phone. With Jelly Bean, I get 3 hours comfortably (granted, my new phone has a larger battery, but it has a larger display as well).

You can go through the checklist of basics, such as turning down brightness, force closing open apps that you aren't using (Task Killer Pro is good for this), turn off Blue Tooth and/or WiFi if not in use, turn off background sync for email and other applications, etc. Individually, each of these items does not contribute much, but together, these changes do make a noticeable difference in extending game-play.

Assuming you have Android, you could also use an app called Titanium Backup (requires ROOT) to Freeze background apps, which further improves battery life.

saiyen
08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Try to lessen the Brightness in the Contrast Settings + Remove other apps, just the AL. Hope this helps you :)

U play al? Add vegeta

Uzii
08-23-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure whether you use an iPhone or Android, but I noticed that the difference in battery life between Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x), Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x) and Jelly Bean (Android 4.2) significantly improved between versions. Jelly Bean in particular seems to have exceptional battery life. I can easily go 3 hours of continuous gaming before I start getting battery warnings. With Gingerbread I barely got an hour of continuous play on my older phone. With Jelly Bean, I get 3 hours comfortably (granted, my new phone has a larger battery, but it has a larger display as well).

You can go through the checklist of basics, such as turning down brightness, force closing open apps that you aren't using (Task Killer Pro is good for this), turn off Blue Tooth and/or WiFi if not in use, turn off background sync for email and other applications, etc. Individually, each of these items does not contribute much, but together, these changes do make a noticeable difference in extending game-play.

Assuming you have Android, you could also use an app called Titanium Backup (requires ROOT) to Freeze background apps, which further improves battery life.

Im using andriod 2.3 and i can play around 2 hours before to think of charging. I have my settings set up on saving my batter as much as i can so that may be the reason.
And i pluged only when i need to. Sometimes play while plugin but still my phone last quite amount of time before battery goes down completly.
Have it already 2 years and i play sts games since i got it.

GoodSyntax
08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
The older Motorola DROIDs were known battery hogs (new ones are too, but not nearly as bad)....plus all the junk that Verizon insists on installing and having run in the background all the time just made everything worse.

Before I broke it (still sad about that), my HTC DNA ROCKED!!!! I rooted it, froze the bundled carrier applications, ran a few additional tweaks to overclock the CPU and to underclock/undervolt when idle and had that thing running like butter. Now, I usually play on the PC because I can't go back to gaming on my old DROID 2 Global. Unfortunately the D2G has a locked bootloader and I can't get root easily, so I don't really want to go through the effort to unlock a phone I intend to get rid of after a few weeks when I can afford to buy something better (anyone selling their used Galaxy S3???)

The problem with battery saver mode is that you have to remember to switch to performance mode when not gaming; otherwise, your data syncs (email, facebook, etc.) occur less frequently and the display is always more dim than when running in balanced or performance modes.

Conquered
08-23-2013, 04:43 PM
U play al? Add vegeta

Yeah, IGN's:
Zenxpro(18)
????????(31) <----- Secret alt XD

OvigorothO
08-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Its no shocker that sts games or any online graphical game will be a battery hog but, you say its fried your batteries? I play this on a nexus 7 which has a tegra 3 processor. This processor is said to be one of the hottest running processors. In some cases when playing PL it used to shut off when it got to a certain temperature to prevent damage to the device (a nice touch) but now It is on android 4.3 and I never experience intense temperatures. I suggest heading over to this website: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note/
If you introduce yourself and make a thread other galaxy note users will give you advice. If you're feeling venterous you can also find threads there which can teach you how to install custom software. This can greatly revitalize an old phone like yours :)

Revealing
08-28-2013, 02:37 AM
I play ipad this is wut I do

Graphic low
Brightness low
Background apps gone

Or a simple way play on charge

Note:playing on charge can bust ur charger if too long