View Full Version : Dynamic UI Element Settings & Return Submit

Xaotique
08-22-2013, 09:30 AM
So, I'll explain the title a little. It's actually two requests that I would love to see in the game.

The first is the ability to change the settings of elements such as chat, potions, skills, etc. I would like them to be able to be moved, resized and hopefully have a snap option for "sticking" to the edge of the screen.

Use? Well, for example. I would like to move the chatbox to the lower-left corner of the screen. I would resize it to fit next to the elixer icon, and probably set the height a little differently. That space is empty, and it's the normal location for a chat. Also, I hate accidently clicking the chat, or things being under the chat that I can't click.

Small annoyance, but if we had the ability to change them, then everyone could have what they'd like. With this, you would also likely want a hide/show trigger. Allowing users to hide things like the elixer icon.

The second is a much more simple request. I would like to have the ability to confirm by hitting return or space (action key). I'm talking about chrome here, obviously. For example, selling items from inventory. You click sell, but it would be nice to click the confirmation button by hitting a key. It would make selling items and overall playing via keyboard much more enjoyable.

Soundlesskill
08-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Add this to your list.
The ability to DELETE stuff frim your inventory faster. Like so: mark weapon, armor, ring and amulet. Press 1 button to delete, not having to ge a cramp pressing again and again.

Xaotique
08-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Add this to your list.
The ability to DELETE stuff frim your inventory faster. Like so: mark weapon, armor, ring and amulet. Press 1 button to delete, not having to ge a cramp pressing again and again.

They don't really have much use for multi-select though. I think it would make more sense to allow return to click the confirmation button, which you could then simply spam {Left MB, RETURN}.

If you were going to get into multi-select, I would go a different route and hope for the ability to drag select, like you do on a file explorer. Click one, drag down and it selects more as you drag. This would be the very easiest way IMO to sell a ton of stuff from inventory. Especially since you're usually selling from one item down to the bottom of the list. Just click, drag to bottom and sell all.

I doubt asking for that much would ever happen though, so I ask for something more realistic.

Soundlesskill
08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
They don't really have much use for multi-select though. I think it would make more sense to allow return to click the confirmation button, which you could then simply spam {Left MB, RETURN}.

If you were going to get into multi-select, I would go a different route and hope for the ability to drag select, like you do on a file explorer. Click one, drag down and it selects more as you drag. This would be the very easiest way IMO to sell a ton of stuff from inventory. Especially since you're usually selling from one item down to the bottom of the list. Just click, drag to bottom and sell all.

I doubt asking for that much would ever happen though, so I ask for something more realistic.

I'm using phone buddy

Xaotique
08-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm using phone buddy

Then you already have an easy way to sell compared to using a mouse. Also, the multi-select I was talking about would use a single point and drag, which would work on any PC or touch screen device.

Taejo
08-22-2013, 06:41 PM
So, I'll explain the title a little. It's actually two requests that I would love to see in the game.

The first is the ability to change the settings of elements such as chat, potions, skills, etc. I would like them to be able to be moved, resized and hopefully have a snap option for "sticking" to the edge of the screen.

Use? Well, for example. I would like to move the chatbox to the lower-left corner of the screen. I would resize it to fit next to the elixer icon, and probably set the height a little differently. That space is empty, and it's the normal location for a chat. Also, I hate accidently clicking the chat, or things being under the chat that I can't click.

Small annoyance, but if we had the ability to change them, then everyone could have what they'd like. With this, you would also likely want a hide/show trigger. Allowing users to hide things like the elixer icon.

The second is a much more simple request. I would like to have the ability to confirm by hitting return or space (action key). I'm talking about chrome here, obviously. For example, selling items from inventory. You click sell, but it would be nice to click the confirmation button by hitting a key. It would make selling items and overall playing via keyboard much more enjoyable.

Couldn't agree more. The chat window is in the most annoying place for those who are used to the typical MMORPG UI set up. I'm also flustered that AL doesn't have the same hot key shortcuts as Star Legends - e.g. I think "O" was to open social tab, "N" was world map, etc. What happened to this? I don't see how it would give Chrome users any advantage over mobile device users in terms of game play. The subtle conveniences seemed to fall to the wayside.