PDA

View Full Version : Which Class is OP?

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 12:29 AM
There are leaderboards where we can see which players/classes are the most successful. This is the best way to judge if one class is "OP". Here are the results of the top 25 in each category:

Top Players: 12 warriors, 9 rogues, 4 sorcerers

Deathmatch Kills: 5 warriors, 14 rogues, 6 sorcerers

CTF Captures: 16 warriors, 7 rogues, 2 sorcerers

CTF Kills: 0 warriors, 24 rogues, 1 sorcerer

PvE Kills: 12 warriors, 8 rogues, 5 sorcerers

So of the total 125 places on these 5 leaderboards, here is the breakdown:

45 warriors, 62 rogues, 18 sorcerers

*In bold is the class with the most players in each category.

While these results could cause a debate over which class IS the most OP, there is no doubt by looking at these results which class IS THE LEAST OP.

Linkincena
08-23-2013, 12:36 AM
WAIT WAIT WAIT...

All of theses are lvl 31? o.O

drgrimmy
08-23-2013, 12:36 AM
I like this and totally agree, although some may argue that the spots in the leaderboards are the result of several seasons of work (except for team deathmatch) and although mages were underpowered in the past resulting in a low representation in the leaderboards, they are currently overpowered. O.o

JaytB
08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Ran out of thanks again, but I do agree with your post.

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I did not have the time to figure out the number of players from each class on the numerous timed runs leaderboards, but I think we all know that those results would not be much different than those above.

As for that argument Drgrimmy, as you pointed out the deathmatch leaderboard is for the current season, and rogues still dominate that as well as the timed runs leaderboards (which also only represents the current season).

Taejo
08-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Speaking specifically to PvP:

I don't think enough time has passed for the curse revamp to make it's mark. Next season, with the curse skill in full effect from the get-go, in addition to a new weapon for, I foresee a more balanced LB for sorcerers. I've been playing PvP non-stop lately on both a warrior and sorcerer, and I honestly feel that the classes are very balanced and all serve a purpose in team play. I die to just as many sorcerers as I do rogues; and there's a few hard-hitting warriors out there as well. I think it's the team makeup that has the most impact on individual stat results.

For the timed run LBs:

Looking at the LBs, rogues are definitely in the top percentile, and sorcerers aren't too far behind. Warriors are far and few.

Edit: 3 AM grammar...

matanofx
08-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Your posts are awesome as usual ener, ummm id like to see anyone dare cry out "MAGE IS OP" now -.- ill play a tiny violin for you.

xcainnblecterx
08-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Ill play a tiny violin for you.

There will be a bunch of us playing a tiny violin(which reminds me of seed of chuck where he tells his kid "not violence, violins). Also thanks for this post energize, kinda getting wore out on these "sorc is op" threads :encouragement:

Paulsebi
08-23-2013, 03:32 AM
Your posts are awesome as usual ener, ummm id like to see anyone dare cry out "MAGE IS OP" now -.- ill play a tiny violin for you.

MAGES ARE OP!

STS PLEASE REMOVE MAGES FROM AL!

*sarcasm* :)

Aziiii
08-23-2013, 03:43 AM
hahaha NO paul, we need these funny smurfs all the time :D

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 03:47 AM
No one is OP. Warrs are simply under-powered :p

drgrimmy
08-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Warriors also had their time though in season one pve and season two pvp. Then came the fixes and nerfs....

Szangheili
08-23-2013, 04:13 AM
Boom, right on the nail. Warriors Mythic is by far, the worst Mythic wep out there.

Paulsebi
08-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Lmao I just made a joke regarding what Matan said ( "ummm id like to see anyone dare cry out "MAGE IS OP" now -.- ill play a tiny violin for you. " )

Matan, can you please play a tiny violin for me ?:))))

And btw Sound, I'm comfortable with my warr and I think the warrior still OK :banana:

Bless
08-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Half are twinks

Deadroth
08-23-2013, 07:11 AM

Lmao XD

UnderAgeKids
08-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Half are twinks

Absolutely right.

Cero
08-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Half are twinks

Absolutely right.

even so theyre part of the "class".
if that class isnt OP would they choose it?NO.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Lmao I just made a joke regarding what Matan said ( "ummm id like to see anyone dare cry out "MAGE IS OP" now -.- ill play a tiny violin for you. " )

Matan, can you please play a tiny violin for me ?:))))

And btw Sound, I'm comfortable with my warr and I think the warrior still OK :banana:

Okay so not all warrs are underpowered
Buuut you have maul and glacian ad mythics and D;

Excuses
08-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Rogue has been always op.
So twink rogue is op too. =p

Bless
08-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Rogue has been always op.
So twink rogue is op too. =p Twinking is not a place for a mage I agree, but at endgame its all equal.

Frohnatur
08-23-2013, 08:09 AM
I pointed that out in an earlier reply about mages OP. just look at the leaderboards (and play a tiny violin). And for all who say, yeah but NOW mages are OP: give us two season like that and by then we'd simply just had the same amount of time like rogues did. And only after that i will honestly consider any "imbalance". Most rogues just dont have any idea what it means to die 3 times for any accomplished kill. And still we smurfs are brave and go pvp/tdm tirelessly to help u rogues out with our mana, so u can hop around and one-shot our blue pals by the dozens.

Paulsebi
08-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Okay so not all warrs are underpowered
Buuut you have maul and glacian ad mythics and D;

The war still ok without maul :)

But but but! :)

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Twinking is not a place for a mage I agree, but at endgame its all equal.

A couple of points:

1) Yes, many of the rogues on the leaderboard are twinks, but so are some of the mages. In fact, the one mage that appears on the CTF Kills leaderboard is a twink, and so is 1 of the 2 mages on the CTF Captures leaderboard. I did not check all of them, but I'm sure there are more. I suspect if we eliminated all of the twinks from my list for all classes, we would still have the same kind of imbalance. Also, the "Top Players" leaderboard is all end game players, and that leaderboard still has the same imbalance.

2) Yes, I agree we are balanced NOW, but for so long we were NOT balanced. So forgive me if I think mages deserve their chance to have an advantage for one season to catch up to the other classes. Maybe in season 5 we can actually see a team of mages on the timed run leaderboards. It would be nice for a change. Mages were supposed to be the best "crowd control" class with the best AoE skills, so why then does a team of rogues do better than a team of mages in the tombs dungeons where there is mostly mobs?

Obviously the way STS releases one arcane weapon each season, their intention was for one class to be OP each season. Add that to rogues and warriors being OP during season 2 (before they fixed/boosted shield skill for mages), and that is what created the imbalance on the leaderboards.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 11:36 AM
The war still ok without maul :)

But but but! :)

Hahaha

Zeus
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
A couple of points:

1) Yes, many of the rogues on the leaderboard are twinks, but so are some of the mages. In fact, the one mage that appears on the CTF Kills leaderboard is a twink, and so is 1 of the 2 mages on the CTF Captures leaderboard. I did not check all of them, but I'm sure there are more. I suspect if we eliminated all of the twinks from my list for all classes, we would still have the same kind of imbalance. Also, the "Top Players" leaderboard is all end game players, and that leaderboard still has the same imbalance.

2) Yes, I agree we are balanced NOW, but for so long we were NOT balanced. So forgive me if I think mages deserve their chance to have an advantage for one season to catch up to the other classes. Maybe in season 5 we can actually see a team of mages on the timed run leaderboards. It would be nice for a change. Mages were supposed to be the best "crowd control" class with the best AoE skills, so why then does a team of rogues do better than a team of mages in the tombs dungeons where there is mostly mobs?

Obviously the way STS releases one arcane weapon each season, their intention was for one class to be OP each season. Add that to rogues and warriors being OP during season 2 (before they fixed/boosted shield skill for mages), and that is what created the imbalance on the leaderboards.

Mages are the best crowd control, but in the end, rogues are still the best damage dealers. Correct? Take a look at PL - a bear is the best crowd control but that doesn't mean they are the best damage dealers. Infact, it's far from it.

Crowd control does not equal damage dealers. Crowd Control, in my eyes, is just controlling the crowd so that the DPS class can take care of it.

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Mages are the best crowd control, but in the end, rogues are still the best damage dealers. Correct? Take a look at PL - a bear is the best crowd control but that doesn't mean they are the best damage dealers. Infact, it's far from it.

Crowd control does not equal damage dealers. Crowd Control, in my eyes, is just controlling the crowd so that the DPS class can take care of it.

The point of my thread was to show that up until now, there is nothing that mages actually are better at than any other class. Just take a look at the leaderboards to see that. For some players to claim we are OP is just ridiculous. It would be nice if we are actually the best at something that was measurable, where we could see a mage hold the #1 spot on that leaderboard and have most of that leaderboard full of mages. Instead we seem to be an optional support class that can be somewhat useful in some situations, but never necessary or really needed.

I hope for the day that I see a PUG party disband and everyone leave because there is no mage present, or a PvP party all leave because "the other team has more mages than we do". I've yet to see that in all my time playing AL, but often see this with regard to rogues and warriors.

Rare
08-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Weeeeeell kind of. I would also say, of all the classes, sorcerer is the least used class. While Rogue is the most used class. Closely followed by warrior. So natrually, if this is true, we would get some numbers like this. I may be wrong though.

Mob damage I'd say Sorc >> Rogue.

Obviously, for Bosses... Rogue's own.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 12:40 PM
The point of my thread was to show that up until now, there is nothing that mages actually are better at than any other class. Just take a look at the leaderboards to see that. For some players to claim we are OP is just ridiculous. It would be nice if we are actually the best at something that was measurable, where we could see a mage hold the #1 spot on that leaderboard and have most of that leaderboard full of mages. Instead we seem to be an optional support class that can be somewhat useful in some situations, but never necessary or really needed.

I hope for the day that I see a PUG party disband and everyone leave because there is no mage present, or a PvP party all leave because "the other team has more mages than we do". I've yet to see that in all my time playing AL, but often see this with regard to rogues and warriors.

You forgot.

Support
Mana
Mob control
Fast pve killing
Fast lvling
Timed runs. Don't tell me I'm lying, just look at lb. tell me you don't see Smoller, Haligali, Azemazed(can't spell that) Sparbot. Etc
Pvp. Don't tell me I'm lying, when most rouges, with skills, can kill a rouge, pretty easily actually. Look up pyromagnium on youtube.

Bless
08-23-2013, 12:49 PM

You forgot.

Support
Mana
Mob control
Fast pve killing
Fast lvling
Timed runs. Don't tell me I'm lying, just look at lb. tell me you don't see Smoller, Haligali, Azemazed(can't spell that) Sparbot. Etc
Pvp. Don't tell me I'm lying, when most rouges, with skills, can kill a rouge, pretty easily actually. Look up pyromagnium on youtube. timed runs for sure, shuyal and elites are good to have mages. Search up haligali on elite lb pure

Primeblades
08-23-2013, 12:49 PM
In my opinion rogues are most powerfull but warriors are op in pvp. For example blacklisted guild has a bunch of bigname warriors and when they join a pvp battle the whole guild joins. Blacklisted is mostly full of warriors so at times the whole pvp battle is one side blacklisted full of warriors and the other side nine lashes full of rogues. Now think about it all warriors need to do is heal then 2 seconds of invincibility then next warrior heals after three seconds which gives nine lashes a 1 second window to killing a tank. Don't worry i did my math there can be up to 5 pvpers in pvp on the same team if all of them are warriors and each 3 seconds a tank heals thats gonna equal the exact time the heal ability recharges which is 15 seconds so as you can see each 2 seconds after the invincibility wears off nine lashes has a 1 second window to kill a very healthy tank and i haven't even began to mention the heal over time ability that goes along with a warriors heal ability. Get my point its almots impossible to beat a team like that. Eventuly the rogues will die and warriors are as you can see are op :) i hope this helps.

Rare
08-23-2013, 01:28 PM
In my opinion rogues are most powerfull but warriors are op in pvp. For example blacklisted guild has a bunch of bigname warriors and when they join a pvp battle the whole guild joins. Blacklisted is mostly full of warriors so at times the whole pvp battle is one side blacklisted full of warriors and the other side nine lashes full of rogues. Now think about it all warriors need to do is heal then 2 seconds of invincibility then next warrior heals after three seconds which gives nine lashes a 1 second window to killing a tank. Don't worry i did my math there can be up to 5 pvpers in pvp on the same team if all of them are warriors and each 3 seconds a tank heals thats gonna equal the exact time the heal ability recharges which is 15 seconds so as you can see each 2 seconds after the invincibility wears off nine lashes has a 1 second window to kill a very healthy tank and i haven't even began to mention the heal over time ability that goes along with a warriors heal ability. Get my point its almots impossible to beat a team like that. Eventuly the rogues will die and warriors are as you can see are op :) i hope this helps.

Wow. You make it sound like its so easy to time your skills perfectly. And fight. And make sure your teamates aren't lagging and set off their skills at the wrong time. Come on.

Suentous PO
08-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe just me but I'm usually sceptical of how some get on lb, and therefore would use other ways to gauge who might be op/up.
Generally I agree tho.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 03:47 PM
timed runs for sure, shuyal and elites are good to have mages. Search up haligali on elite lb pure

Edited my post I see.. *Looks suspiciously at Bless o_-

Primeblades
08-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Wow. You make it sound like its so easy to time your skills perfectly. And fight. And make sure your teamates aren't lagging and set off their skills at the wrong time. Come on.

You obviously dont play pvp. All you gotta do is get it right the very first time then as soon as th ability recharges you press it again hmmm doasn't sound that hard besides these guys are pros. Even if they did time it wrong the heal over time affects is enough to keep a warrior over 50% easily. Sorry to be blunt but this is common sense.

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 06:20 PM
timed runs for sure, shuyal and elites are good to have mages. Search up haligali on elite lb pure

There are far more rogues than sorcerers on the timed runs leaderboards, even those for elites and shuyal. In fact, there are several all rogue teams that are on those lists, but you will never see an all sorcerer team or all warrior team. Unfortunately, even for dungeons with mostly mobs like Hauntlet or Tombs, all rogue teams can clear faster than all sorcerer teams. I thought sorcerers were supposed to be better for taking down crowds?

IronMonkey
08-23-2013, 07:29 PM
This debate has been going on ever since. We have diff classes and each have strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, timed runs LB measure only a single aspect and that is speed to clear the map. I believe that timed LB has some serious birth defects, because like I said, it only measure one aspect of each of our strengths/Mages' lack of it. If their will be LB that measure each of our inherent strengths, that would be fair play.

The analogy is this, the timed LB run is like demolishing a house, were the Mason(Rogue), Engineer(Warrior), and Architect(Mage). Each of them are capable of destroying the house but the Mason clearly can outlast the others because his built is designed for the job. If the measure will be different for each class, then the strengths of each will really surface.

Cero
08-23-2013, 07:31 PM
There are far more rogues than sorcerers on the timed runs leaderboards, even those for elites and shuyal. In fact, there are several all rogue teams that are on those lists, but you will never see an all sorcerer team or all warrior team. Unfortunately, even for dungeons with mostly mobs like Hauntlet or Tombs, all rogue teams can clear faster than all sorcerer teams. I thought sorcerers were supposed to be better for taking down crowds?

hehe, last time i was invited by xxsaraixx to join his rogue gang on a elite hall.
3rogues plus me, i quit on behalf of them so it would be more easy than me hanging around cos i die from mobs.
4rogues doing elite maps are easy for them. remember before, about elite jarl? 4rogues can do it in less than 30secs.

kharmel
08-23-2013, 09:48 PM
> I have played all the three classes, and i would say its balanced.IMO.
> In Lb,most are rougues because
1.Majority of AL players are rougue?
2. They are damage and fast killers...KS KS KS( CTF kills and Dm Kills,timed runs)
3. First expansion comes in favor with the rougue( lvl 26 with hooks) thus rougues gets a heads-on with other classes.
And through that, it will hard to surpass the LB dominated with rougues because if one class surpass it,others would say that particular class is the one OP.(surpassed the headstart from rougue)
IMO, AL was made with particular roles. No one truly is OP. All depends on skill set-up,equips,internet connection and DEDICATION to be on that LEADERBOARD.(Though as i have said,rougues have a headstart from other class).

Bless
08-23-2013, 10:03 PM
> i have played all the three classes, and i would say its balanced.imo.
> in lb,most are rougues because
1.majority of al players are rougue?
2. They are damage and fast killers...ks ks ks( ctf kills and dm kills,timed runs)
3. First expansion comes in favor with the rougue( lvl 26 with hooks) thus rougues gets a heads-on with other classes.
And through that, it will hard to surpass the lb dominated with rougues because if one class surpass it,others would say that particular class is the one op.(surpassed the headstart from rougue)
imo, al was made with particular roles. No one truly is op. All depends on skill set-up,equips,internet connection and dedication to be on that leaderboard.(though as i have said,rougues have a headstart from other class). this ^^^

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Here is a possible solution I just thought of to the PvE aspect of this issue:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112903-Solution-to-fix-the-issue-of-rogues-being-OP-in-PvE

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 10:33 PM
> In Lb,most are rougues because
1.Majority of AL players are rougue?

That's like saying the reason more people buy Toyota cars than any other is because there are more Toyota cars for sale. You are confusing cause and effect. More players choose to be rogues in AL because they are the most advantaged class. I know a number of players, including some well known members of this forum, who started with a warrior or sorcerer and then changed to become a rogue and that is now their main character.

Zeus
08-23-2013, 10:37 PM
That's like saying the reason more people buy Toyota cars than any other is because there are more Toyota cars for sale. You are confusing cause and effect. More players choose to be rogues in AL because they are the most advantaged class. I know a number of players, including some well known members of this forum, who started with a warrior or sorcerer and then changed to become a rogue and that is now their main character.

The fact is, damage (as long as the team can survive) will always be the fastest way towards breaking a record. Have you noticed that in other elite runs, it is easier to do all rogues? Why? Since they are easy maps, the role for a tank or sorcerer is simply not needed. However, if one takes a look at the tougher maps like elite nordr, that is not the case at all.

Cero
08-23-2013, 11:06 PM
i post it already that xxsaraixx and his rogue friends do elite nordr hall(last map).

wowdah
08-23-2013, 11:09 PM
warriors were op until vengeful blood was nerfed. also mages are op at pve, idk pvp

Spyce
08-23-2013, 11:23 PM
warriors were op until vengeful blood was nerfed. also mages are op at pve, idk pvp

PvE, in my opinion, is very balanced.
Warrior has the tanking ability, Sorc can support and stun, and Rogue can kill very fast.
Everyone works as a team to accomplish that one goal.

kharmel
08-23-2013, 11:40 PM

Choosing which car to use is due to which lifestyle i am in. I would not choose porche cars for racing if im on mountain adventure. I would not use hammer cars or huge cars if im up for fast racing. Doesnt mean LB is dominated by rougues means they have the edge among other class. Each class is designed differently. If your up for tanking,go for warrior. If your up for damage plus crowd and team support,go for mage, and rougue for damage.
> Each class is fun to play with. And some rougue or warrior at start may turned up being sorcerer.
> LB makes it confusing that everyone based their judgement( which class is OP) upon it. LB category prone for rougue are(ctf and dm kills plus timed runsbecause they are damage dealers) warriors for ctf flags PVE kills for sorcerer plus timed runs too.
Still, all are equal. Played the three classes in pvp and pve. Based on my expeience though. Might not be appicable to all.

Linkincena
08-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Take that for being so OP...

Energizeric
08-24-2013, 12:11 AM
....PVE kills for sorcerer plus timed runs too.

Me thinks you did not read my original post, specifically the part where I showed the PvE Kills leaderboard:

PvE Kills: 12 warriors, 8 rogues, 5 sorcerers

Seems as though sorcerers are the worst of the 3 classes at PvE Kills.

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 12:25 AM
In my opinion Energi , Leaderboards(LB) do not reflect OP'ness of a class correctly:
Why? Because:

1. If a player plays the game for more time than others he can easily get to LBs faster and lead for longer time than others in any class in Kills of pvp or pve.

2. If the player is rich, he can buy best weapons to remain better than others and get kills easily in any class in lesser time and get to LB.

3. If there are Twinks with best weapons at their level.

4. There are players who kill their alts. (alternate characters) all day long to lead in leaderboards.

5. If they are best hackers. (lol)

Hope it makes some things clear in deciding who is OP. ...

Energizeric
08-24-2013, 12:33 AM
In my opinion Energi , Leaderboards(LB) do not reflect OP'ness of a class correctly:
Why? Because:

1. If a player plays the game for more time than others he can easily get to LBs faster and lead for longer time than others in any class in Kills of pvp or pve.

2. If the player is rich, he can buy best weapons to remain better than others and get kills easily in any class in lesser time and get to LB.

3. If there are Twinks with best weapons at their level.

4. There are players who kill their alts. (alternate characters) all day long to lead in leaderboards.

Hope it makes some things clear in deciding who is OP. ...

Yes, you are correct when we are comparing a small group of players. But when you are comparing a player base of many thousands of players, you can use averages to compare. It's like if I told you that my next door neighbor is Chinese and earns more money than the Americans who live on the block, so therefore my conclusion is that Chinese people earn more than American people -- you would argue that one example does not make a fair study. But if I told you that the study involved tens of thousands of people at random, then the study would have more merit.

There is no reason to believe that players from one particular class have been playing the game for longer on average than any other class, and there is no reason to believe that players from one class farm pvp kills or flags any more than players from any other class. The leaderboards are a good average representation of the large player base as a whole. You can indeed use those averages to determine who is OP and who is not.

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Yes, you are correct when we are comparing a small group of players. But when you are comparing a player base of many thousands of players, you can use averages to compare. It's like if I told you that my next door neighbor is Chinese and earns more money than the Americans who live on the block, so therefore my conclusion is that Chinese people earn more than American people -- you would argue that one example does not make a fair study. But if I told you that the study involved tens of thousands of people at random, then the study would have more merit.

There is no reason to believe that players from one particular class have been playing the game for longer on average than any other class, and there is no reason to believe that players from one class farm pvp kills or flags any more than players from any other class. The leaderboards are a good average representation of the large player base as a whole. You can indeed use those averages to determine who is OP and who is not.

In that case, STS/STG will have to provide a calculated data of all players , Classwise. Can they? ..
Hence, will we be able to decide?

I have an idea: The best way to decide can be KDR...
(However a glitch here : If player kills in pvp/pve and ports before he dies can increase his/her KDR , that is a slow process though)

I suggest also one more thing: A royal rumble of all players (20 players Max.) .. Last man standing wins ... May be number of Royal rumble wins decide which is OP class :P
(This has a glitch too: Friends gather and decide to kill 1 poor guy lol
Can be corrected if All types of chat communication (normal and personal) is blocked in Royal rumble)

Zeus
08-24-2013, 12:55 AM
The lack of class combos like implemented in PL is why Rogues are considered "OP" in PvP. If STS can start implementing group combos that inflict a truly impressive amount of damage on elite mobs then things will definitely have a change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhWZrz-XO3c

Watch this video to see how the classes all effectively work together to produce the fastest times. Granted this is from their game PL, but it is one of the better ideas that did not make its way to AL.

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 01:02 AM
The lack of class combos like implemented in PL is why Rogues are considered "OP" in PvP. If STS can start implementing group combos that inflict a truly impressive amount of damage on elite mobs then things will definitely have a change.

Yep i suggested this long time back... in Suggestions and Feedback
Called it : Power coupling ..Eg:
1.A Warrior throws the Mage at enemy.. Creates super damage :P
2. Mage blows wind with rogue's arrow: Creates super damage ^^
3. Warrior jumps onto rogue head... blah lol

Zeus
08-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Yep i suggested this long time back... in Suggestions and Feedback
Called it : Power coupling ..Eg: A Warrior throws the Mage at enemy.. Creates super damage :P

Nice. My point was though that I was wondering why they didn't implement it like they have in their other games? Especially when creating timed runs.

kharmel
08-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Me thinks you did not read my original post, specifically the part where I showed the PvE Kills leaderboard:

sorry,im just stating my opinion. Just as what linkincerna have said, LB doesnt refelect OP'ness of a class. Its just that LB was designed prone for rougue domination especially timed runs unless they do some updates and revisions to make partying up with other classes mandatory such as combos(as have mentioned above).
Any class well DEDICATED to achieve one's goal can make it to LB but still,doesnt mean he is OP .

Venom
08-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Nobody is OP. You just need to realize the pros and cons of each class and choose wisely. Enough of making whiny n complain threads. Nerf this Nerf that. This is OP that is OP. Rogues are good at dealing lot of damage to a single target. Mages are good at dealing mass damage. Warriors are good at survival. That's all you need to know. Nobody stops you from creating another character who you feel is OP.

Alfai
08-24-2013, 02:24 AM

Lmao?cause and effect?for real..

You seem to be easily sway by the info in brochure ;) nice to see how lb can deceive most of us not just noobs or starters.
To judge a class being op from lb (knowing the class role and ability) is pretty shallow especially for those who has played for some time dont you think?no offense but i failed to understand your reason before we further talk bout cause and effect

take pvp for example.other classes always complain they cant make kills.interesting enough these days other classes that are not meant to kill are fronting the attacks and so eager to kill till they abandon their support roles.so what is op here then?kinda subjective to different people i guess.if you tell me its balance i hope you have a valid point.hence why i suggested since most people want what rogue have but not wanting to play that class maybe we can have assist points since kill and damage are defininf what op is.

Btw why dont you play rogue?kinda hard to redefine sorc class and their roles (tho this might change once the arcane wep is out.but its not op im sure theres always valid excuse for that).once a class have the abilities of all 3 classes its exciting to know or coin a word for this new immortal class *cough

As to add into the cause effect formula perhaps the simplest way to reason the op of being a rogue is:

Cause:rogue deals most damage bt more vulnerable to death
Effect:rogue is op hence they are more in LB
Possible solution:play as rogue.

Seems like a missing ingredient to me.

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Nice. My point was though that I was wondering why they didn't implement it like they have in their other games? Especially when creating timed runs.

There is a purpose of creating different classes in Arcane Legends, As 4 seasons have passed by it has gone something like this, The dominance of players when playing observed:

Rogues:__Season1: Dominating; Season2: Dominating; Season 3: Dominating; Season 4: Moderate
Warriors:_Season1: Moderate; Season 2: Moderate; Season 3: Moderate; Season 4:Moderate/Dominating(The arcane weapon holders mostly)
Mages:___Season1: Squishy; Season 2:Squishy; Season 3:Squishy/Moderate; Season 4: Moderate

Some reasons as seen for the trend ( your view of seeing this maybe different) :
1. Mages were not simple to play with and mastered in earlier seasons.
2. Rogues were easier to be mastered by players.
3. Warriors having huge health are not so easily killed, and easy to master too.

Alfai
08-24-2013, 02:29 AM

Again your neighbour example.that is not call conclusion bt rather as assumption.you may link it to min (average) although its not a best description since your example is non numerical.

I would assume the top 25 mages in lb can be op in their own way other than spending money for aps.

*grab 2 popcorns instead

Alfai
08-24-2013, 02:35 AM
sorry,im just stating my opinion. Just as what linkincerna have said, LB doesnt refelect OP'ness of a class. Its just that LB was designed prone for rougue domination especially timed runs unless they do some updates and revisions to make partying up with other classes mandatory such as combos(as have mentioned above).
Any class well DEDICATED to achieve one's goal can make it to LB but still,doesnt mean he is OP .

Haligali is OP!hes the one run to the gate with speed for forest timed runs!a mage that runs???
Dev you better give rogue something we are way UP now.

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 02:55 AM

Haligali is OP!hes the one run to the gate with speed for forest timed runs!a mage that runs???
Dev you better give rogue something we are way UP now.

If you took your time you could get on it to9, easier than the other classes, because it is easiest to farm pve's on a smurf.

2ndly. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ROUGE DOMINATING LB. WHY DONT YOU MAKE YOUR OWN?!

Obviously you wanna be the best, make a toon in the
class you see as OP.

Smurfs are greaaaaatly poerful already

Zeus
08-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Also, keep in mind in regards to PvE kills that there are many rogues using auto-clickers for pots and a certain strategy which I am not going to reveal in order to kill farm. I know rogues that went up 100k kills in a very short time using this method. Thus, the leaderboards are not a valid indication at all in regards to kills.

Also, one thing to remember is that rogues kill steal... A LOT.

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 03:00 AM
If you took your time you could get on it to9, easier than the other classes, because it is easiest to farm pve's on a smurf.

2ndly. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ROUGE DOMINATING LB. WHY DONT YOU MAKE YOUR OWN?!

Obviously you wanna be the best, make a toon in the
class you see as OP.

Smurfs are greaaaaatly poerful already

How about making new Arcane legends and distribute Free Arcane weapons lol

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 03:32 AM
How about making new Arcane legends and distribute Free Arcane weapons lol

Oh yeahhhh...

Btw I qutoed Alf by mistake lol

Alfai
08-24-2013, 04:24 AM

Aint the lb is a representation of "dedication and commitment"?regardless whether its ethical or purely skills or great spenders or even 24 7 player but thhats basically how they are in lb arent they?i.e why name it top 25 for each class.why not top killers (tho its stupid since its clearly highlighted in sub category and figures) or the top 25 op players?thats better right.

I beg to differ your statistical rationale of using min average based on your large sample set to conclude that its highlighting op.it fails to make any logical sense to me as the assumption output is loose.smaller sample set and breaking it in clusters (in marketing also known as segmentation) gives more depth to that particular group and more precise conclusion.a fresh starter might drop his jaw on his first week looking at lb.ask him again after a month (assuming he plays consistently) whether his view remains or has changed even slightly?

Assuming lb players are op based on "average" fact is loose and vague as my conclusion.to me its not a fair assumption rather than backed by a specific motive or agenda.this is me being purely honest plus im not on lb.

You can never claim it as a study.what study you are not providing relevant datas or statistical figures to support your hypothesis.it seems to be based on emotional sentiment rather than pure facts.

Sts might wanna rename the categories and its sub so it can be directly clear and not misleading to some.

*i feel smarter today *double cough

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 04:29 AM
After reading so many OP threads...

Everything around me is feeling so OP..

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 04:32 AM

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 04:35 AM

Me too ..

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 04:45 AM
No one is discussing about the troll class in TDM...

Ain't he OP? .. o.O

1) teleporting here n there in Map

2) Killing players from extreme far away...

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 04:47 AM
No one is discussing about the troll class in TDM...

Ain't he OP? .. o.O

1) teleporting here n there in Map

2) Killing players from extreme far away...

Lmao linkin :D
Add me in game, I wanna pvp with you o.o

Ign: Noisykillar

Linkincena
08-24-2013, 05:18 AM
Lmao linkin :D
Add me in game, I wanna pvp with you o.o

Ign: Noisykillar

u r offline :P

xcainnblecterx
08-24-2013, 10:13 AM

Disagree on the last part of pve kills. If you member that nice guy patrick he was #1 for pve kills for.a long time. Also sorcs can take.down multiple enimes at once so kills should ne.easier to rack up