PDA

View Full Version : Level 30 Warrior PVP

Taanedak
08-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm not a huge PVP player by any means but I do enjoy throwing myself into the mix once in a while.

The problem is, I simply can't compete it would seem.

I'm a level 30 warrior, often I get harassed to leave the game because everyone else is level 31 (despite after game me checking out some of the 31warriors to see my stats appear better).

The main question is: I can't compete with anyone.

It would appear that the majority of players in PVP arena are Mythic'd up with arcane weapons and pets.

Is this simply the way it is at level 30-31, do I just need to farm and farm until I can afford the mythics and the arcanes?

Looking forward to hearing your replies

Taan

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 07:56 AM
S4 = The downfall of PvP.

No mythics no win. That's my opinion, must would say anyone could compete having skill, but nah. Lets face it, non-mythic crit can stratch 3k, if lucky 3,2k. Mythic's crit lies around 3k = drop dead

Taanedak
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi Soundless,

Thanks for your reply.

If this is the case then surely something needs to be done to change endgame PVP, no?

I've enjoyed PVP loads back when level 16 was the max cap, and whilst I'm not playing AL for the PVP element it is nice to join the fray once in a while.

There also seems to be a problem in CTF in which there is no one actually playing the objective, rather grouping up and launching full-party attacks on each other. Perhaps the game devs can look into a TDM style of game for this...

Cheers

Taan

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi Soundless,

Thanks for your reply.

If this is the case then surely something needs to be done to change endgame PVP, no?

I've enjoyed PVP loads back when level 16 was the max cap, and whilst I'm not playing AL for the PVP element it is nice to join the fray once in a while.

There also seems to be a problem in CTF in which there is no one actually playing the objective, rather grouping up and launching full-party attacks on each other. Perhaps the game devs can look into a TDM style of game for this...

Cheers

Taan

Hi hi :)

I believe cap lvl, in this situation lvl31. Should be one whole arena or itself. Because of the mythics that are not able for lvl30, makes the cap players all too powerful.

OR

Simply lower the mythic items lvl to 30. As in 1 vl below current cap. Tho this is a bad idea, because of those who worked hard or reach cap and be able to obtain these items.

I hope I made myself understandable :)

Erdnase
08-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi Soundless,

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Taan
Pvp wasnt added to the game till the 21 cap...

Mythics and arcanes shouldnt be nerfed if thats what you are referring to. They should be desirable enough that people would spend lots of plat or gold to get them. If all gear focused some more on hp and armor instead of just extreme dmg though, it would give legendary players a chance to use skill to kill instead of just being 1 shot by the mythic and arcane players. So that is something i would like to see in the next expansion.

For you, i just advise capping and getting the best legendary gear (if u cant mythic) and practicing pvp more. In 1v1 a legendary is going to die against mythics and arcanes (with small exceptions), but in a group fight legendary's can still prove effective enough to get kills. Anyway, good luck.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Pvp wasnt added to the game till the 21 cap...

Mythics and arcanes shouldnt be nerfed if thats what you are referring to. They should be desirable enough that people would spend lots of plat or gold to get them. If all gear focused some more on hp and armor instead of just extreme dmg though, it would give legendary players a chance to use skill to kill instead of just being 1 shot by the mythic and arcane players. So that is something i would like to see in the next expansion.

For you, i just advise capping and getting the best legendary gear (if u cant mythic) and practicing pvp more. In 1v1 a legendary is going to die against mythics and arcanes (with small exceptions), but in a group fight legendary's can still prove effective enough to get kills. Anyway, good luck.

Taking his/hers defense.

I do not believe it should be an onligation to reach current cap. Not everyone has the time to dedicate themself into a game.

If legendary gear got more HP, so would the mythcs and arcane. Maybe they couldn't 1 shot anymore, but they would survive long enough to 2-shoot.

Him/her said he only pvp'd sometimes being average is good enough, can kill and can be killed. Not dying the entire time, but surviving even the most pro players doesn't Not have a death. But being able to kill for the 'fun' (obviously it's not a good thing to kill, but it's not irl ;)) and as mentioned, not everyone put their life and soul into being the best pvper, or wasting 4+ hours on reaching the cap.

gison
08-23-2013, 12:22 PM
S4 = The downfall of PvP.

No mythics no win. That's my opinion, must would say anyone could compete having skill, but nah. Lets face it, non-mythic crit can stratch 3k, if lucky 3,2k. Mythic's crit lies around 3k = drop dead

Lol, this is very true, only been one year and gears already cost 12m +. Smh.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Lol, this is very true, only been one year and gears already cost 12m +. Smh.

Indeed

Zeus
08-23-2013, 12:42 PM
In reference to PvPing... if you PvP all day and do not put effort towards working towards gear, of course there will be difference. On this thread, those of you know who I am referring to.

Also, as of right now, the mythics are pretty moderately priced. On the contrary to what Noisy said, you DO NOT need mythics to excel in PvP. Does it help? Sure. However, I know many players that are still extremely hard to kill & they are only decked out in the max legendaries!

So... as a tank, you're not going to be killing much, unless you know how to time your skills near to an enemy's death so you kill steal off another player.

For your build, I'd recommend Juggernaut with the Stun Invulnerability upgrade (4/5, no last upgrade), Skyward Smash (4/5, no mana upgrade)/Axe Throw (pick the one you like more), Horn of Renewal (4/5, no taunt upgrade) , and Vengeful Blood (5/5).

Also, str/int passives are a must.

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 03:56 PM
You do realise I was pretty much the best rouge without mythic, until I won timed run comp and received a mythic ring, right?
I'm just saying, IMO no lvl30, could kill a lvl31 full mythic rouge.

Excel is close to perfect. To be perfect you need skill and gear. Perfect combo. As individuals these are only great to a certain extend.

Zeus
08-23-2013, 06:16 PM
You do realise I was pretty much the best rouge without mythic, until I won timed run comp and received a mythic ring, right?
I'm just saying, IMO no lvl30, could kill a lvl31 full mythic rouge.

Excel is close to perfect. To be perfect you need skill and gear. Perfect combo. As individuals these are only great to a certain extend.

First of all, excel means to do well in. Close to perfect would be known as perfectionism. Even then, a full mythic rogue usually will get destroyed by a good team. Teamwork > skill.

Also, Pockie was L30 and killing full mythic rogues, as was Blighty.

I'm honestly just sick of the complaining. Gear is lower then ever in value and is manageable to obtain even for a non platinum player. Heck, I can make a few 100k a day without plat and just farming! Like with anything in life, if you want something, you'll need to work for it.

P.S: For the timed runs, the only ones that you are on leaderboards for is the glitched times where one could slip past area affects and the 15 second timer in between bosses. Even then, more skilled rogues were able to beat the best glitched time by over 20 seconds. So please, cut the whining about non mythics. It's an old argument that needs to be laid to rest.

Energizeric
08-23-2013, 06:26 PM
do I just need to farm and farm until I can afford the mythics and the arcanes?

Answer is "yes". Most players are not full mythic, but most have at least the armor and helm. Being a warrior, you would not even want the mythic weapon and a nice abyssal flamberge or entombed hammer would do the job just fine. But you're going to want the armor and helm, especially since you will be able to upgrade it to level 36. Also, the price for the armor and helm are at all time lows.

I'd say your goal now should be to level up as quickly as possible to 36 once the new campaign comes out next week, and then farm like crazy. The earlier you reach level 36 and start farming elites, the more money you will make. Remember that prices of the best items and chests are highest at the beginning of the season and decline steadily after that. If you do this, you should have no problem saving up enough money to buy mythic helm and armor. Just make sure to level up to 36 in a few days time and not take weeks or months. Otherwise you will miss out on your opportunity.

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 02:30 AM
First of all, excel means to do well in. Close to perfect would be known as perfectionism. Even then, a full mythic rogue usually will get destroyed by a good team. Teamwork > skill.

Also, Pockie was L30 and killing full mythic rogues, as was Blighty.

I'm honestly just sick of the complaining. Gear is lower then ever in value and is manageable to obtain even for a non platinum player. Heck, I can make a few 100k a day without plat and just farming! Like with anything in life, if you want something, you'll need to work for it.

P.S: For the timed runs, the only ones that you are on leaderboards for is the glitched times where one could slip past area affects and the 15 second timer in between bosses. Even then, more skilled rogues were able to beat the best glitched time by over 20 seconds. So please, cut the whining about non mythics. It's an old argument that needs to be laid to rest.

Why would you bring it up then? I just said my opinion. I didn't say it IS a must. Also it's ALMOST impossible to kill yadda yadda. I didn't say. Hey apollo come nag more me more for having IN YOUR OPINION the wrong opinion. Obviouly anyone would did 5v1, I'm talling 1v1

Zeus
08-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Why would you bring it up then? I just said my opinion. I didn't say it IS a must. Also it's ALMOST impossible to kill yadda yadda. I didn't say. Hey apollo come nag more me more for having IN YOUR OPINION the wrong opinion. Obviouly anyone would did 5v1, I'm talling 1v1

It's not almost impossible by any means. Again, if it were, why would Pockie and Blighty be able to kill skilled mythic rogues in L30 legendary gear in 1v1? Can you explain that one? What about yourself? Again, it is not about the mythics. Sure, they provide an advantage, however they do NOT make you immortal to lesser geared rogues.

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 02:48 AM
It's not almost impossible by any means. Again, if it were, why would Pockie and Blighty be able to kill skilled mythic rogues in L30 legendary gear in 1v1? Can you explain that one? What about yourself? Again, it is not about the mythics. Sure, they provide an advantage, however they do NOT make you immortal to lesser geared rogues.

I vs's xkillmachinex by the time having no mythics and skill. By the time he/she was also full mythic.

In 3 rounds in a row. He 1 shotted me. That changed my view. (Having 3k hp at the time)

I used to think skill takes down mythic, but getting 1 shotted 3 times in a row, changed my mind.

Zeus
08-24-2013, 02:56 AM
I vs's xkillmachinex by the time having no mythics and skill. By the time he/she was also full mythic.

In 3 rounds in a row. He 1 shotted me. That changed my view. (Having 3k hp at the time)

I used to think skill takes down mythic, but getting 1 shotted 3 times in a row, changed my mind.

So once incident and a few lucky crits is the basis to your claim...?

Soundlesskill
08-24-2013, 03:36 AM
So once incident and a few lucky crits is the basis to your claim...?

Pretty much.
I vs'd Cookietimee too. Without gear it was pretty equal, then he lend me his gear and he didn't win once.

It happened 3 times in a row. We vs'd some other times, because I wanted to win without crits, but he/she kept critting