PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Zeus
08-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Hello guys,

First off, I would like to start off with saying this: I know this thread will be flamed due to sorcerer's wanting their spot in the light with the new arcane weapon. However, I request that you bear with me and read the thread so I can explain why the hooks should be upgraded.

Moving on, please read this quote:

Mythic Armor and Helmet are the only thing we're planning to upgrade and you have to have both in order to do so.

The current Mythic weapons should still be the best of their kind in this next expansion. If they're not, we'll think about buffing them. The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released and Arcane items for two expansions. However, we never intended to upgrade them beyond that and have never said we would do so, with the exception of the Armor and Helmet.

Now, to analyze this quote, this means that each mythic weapon will be the top of the line for one more expansion than the expansion they were released in and arcane weapons will be the top of the line for two more expansions than the one they were released in.

However, we now have a dilemma. The thing is, hooks are barely the best DPS weapon this cap and actually, their damage is somewhat lacking on some bosses. Honestly, the Mountain Teeth daggers are catching up.

Now, due to the next expansion, the next highest level of Mountain Teeth daggers will be L35 and will be equal or even surpass the arcane hooks.

Thus, for this reason, I request that the hooks do infact get upgraded. The thing is, they are not a PvP weapon, but a PvE weapon, so having them upgraded would only benefit other players with faster run times!

Also, please note that the other arcane weapons have MASSIVE buffs to them. With the hooks, there is a mere -15 percent reduction in armor and -20 percent reduction in movement proc. This can be considered rather weak when compared to the other arcane weapons and even more weak in regards to the next expansion (as this expansion already had Mountain Teeth closely on the Arcane Hook's tail).

Just something to think about & a humble request for upgraded hooks.

~Apollo

Zanpakuto
08-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I feel that the arcane weapons should become normalized at some point in time, but if not you strike a good point! They're supposed to last 2 expansions and barely survived the first expansion after their intro!

Zeus
08-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I feel that the arcane weapons should become normalized at some point in time, but if not you strike a good point! They're supposed to last 2 expansions and barely survived the first expansion after their intro!

Exactly. I'm not saying they should be upgraded to be better than the arcane staff. However, as of now, they are weak, so a slight bump to restore the meaning of "arcane" would be highly appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, I really think smurfs should have their spotlight considering how much I see them die in elite runs. However, this is also a critical issue that should be addressed.

Taejo
08-25-2013, 03:15 PM

This is a very important statement to consider when determining just how much to buff the hooks. They deserve a slight boost, based on their monetary value and the underlying fact that arcanes should be very powerful compared to the mythics/legendaries underneath them - not just a little better. However, I will say that so far STS has done a great job making sure these arcane weapons are not OP and create an unfair advantage over other players. I've witnessed many Entombed Hammer users down a maul-wielding warrior 1 on 1. I think that is great, and how it should be.

Either way, no matter what ends up happening, the next three arcane weapons need to be released simultaneously to avoid this conflict. As I stated in a previous thread, I understand the significance that went along with introducing each class' homeland with a respective arcane weapon: Rogues - Kraken/Hooks, Warriors - Nordr/Maul, Sorcerers - Shuyal/Staff. That lore is very important to the overall enjoyment of the game's lore and story line. After Shuyal, an equilibrium needs to be considered.

Zanpakuto
08-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Exactly. I'm not saying they should be upgraded to be better than the arcane staff. However, as of now, they are weak, so a slight bump to restore the meaning of "arcane" would be highly appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, I really think smurfs should have their spotlight considering how much I see them die in elite runs. However, this is also a critical issue that should be addressed.

Yup I've been saying it for months that striving for Arcane items other than pets is stupid because they become outdated almost in the expansion right after their introduction. I don't get why STS doesn't just make them upgradable but untradable for 1000-2000plat on each expansion. They get their money, people that want to upgrade can pay to do so, those that don't can sell. Win win win situation. But yeah, the buff of the arcane hooks is laughable now that we've seen the hammer and the sorcerers wand. I don't own any but feel bad for those that do! I hope STS has better plans for Arcane weapons because as it is, I'm not going to be opening many crates.

Bless
08-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Hooks are nothing against the other arcane weapons and you know it. Also, (pvp perspective) wasnt the Bonechill bow similar in damage at L26 cap? This weapon (imo) was never good in pvp, other weapons had similar or more dmg in pvp (at L31, the bonechill bow can have more damage - which doesnt make it the best for 3 expansions...). Unlike the maul which is great for pvp AND pve.

Also, notice how the rogue at L26 had less than 20 dmg difference to the next best weapon and hooks? Warriors have 200+ damage difference to the next best weapon.

conclusion: I think arcane weapons SHOULD be good in pve and pvp.

matanofx
08-25-2013, 03:24 PM
I do believe theyll get some boost, just enough to be the best daggers during the lvl36 expansion

Probably will be the best weap for timed runs, and not best for pvp but lets face it, rogues dont need pvp boost its fair.

Uzii
08-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I dont agree. Hooks were at Kraken expansion only arcane weapon at that time. For rogue. No other class had the possibility.
Then came the warrior arcane hammer and sorcerers were without arcane weapon. Now its their time and hooks getting worse. But as u can see there were never all 3 classes with arcane weapons being the best for them compared to elite legendaries.
U r affraid that hooks will loose their upper hand compared to lvl 36 elite legendary daggers. Well then get those elite daggers.
Its absolutly right to go this way.
Hope that next generation of arcane items will be released for all 3 classes at same time as Taejo said to prevent this dilema.

Zanpakuto
08-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I do believe theyll get some boost, just enough to be the best daggers during the lvl36 expansion

Probably will be the best weap for timed runs, and not best for pvp but lets face it, rogues dont need pvp boost its fair.

Yeah its a known fact that bows are the weapon of choice for pvp. As long as STS does something in regards of the hooks it may persuade me and others to think that arcane weapons are actually worth getting. The damage gap between entombed and maul as well as best sorc weapon and new staff is WIDE!! Hooks are the worst of the 3 even if released at the same time which is wrong. If you see how mountains teeth actually had more damage than hooks at 31, then by that logic entombed hammer at 36 should have more dps and only a little less damage than the maul! If there's still a 200damage gap then you know hooks got the short end of the straw heeh.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
I dont agree. Hooks were at Kraken expansion only arcane weapon at that time. For rogue. No other class had the possibility.
Then came the warrior arcane hammer and sorcerers were without arcane weapon. Now its their time and hooks getting worse. But as u can see there were never all 3 classes with arcane weapons being the best for them compared to elite legendaries.
U r affraid that hooks will loose their upper hand compared to lvl 36 elite legendary daggers. Well then get those elite daggers.
Its absolutly right to go this way.
Hope that next generation of arcane items will be released for all 3 classes at same time as Taejo said to prevent this dilema.

I'll ask you if your opinion had changed when the maul doesn't get the two expansions of being the best arcane, as well as the staff.

The fact is, they were quoted to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in. Now, that is not the case.

So, as a result, a slight buff is in order. To ignore the issue entirely is pure selfishness & greed while lacking the ability to approach the situation logically.

I would say the same thing in regards to maul or staff if that were the case.

Venom
08-25-2013, 03:43 PM
I wish they upgrade hooks. Problem is, they are lvl 26, would be too OP at 26 and lot of complain threads all over again.. to nerf them down -.-

They either need to be scaled up or maybe minor buffs like better proc.. How about an option to upgrade Hooks like the mythic set? So people who wanna use it at lvl 36 can upgrade them, people who wanna twink can keep them untouched.. Actually, even the Maul should be given such a chance to be upgraded. That ways All Arcane weapons can stay similar level. In future expansions, they can release all 3 class Arcane weapons together.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 03:48 PM
I wish they upgrade hooks. Problem is, they are lvl 26, would be too OP at 26 and lot of complain threads all over again.. to nerf them down -.-

They either need to be scaled up or maybe minor buffs like better proc.. How about an option to upgrade Hooks like the mythic set? So people who wanna use it at lvl 36 can upgrade them, people who wanna twink can keep them untouched.. Actually, even the Maul should be given such a chance to be upgraded. That ways All Arcane weapons can stay similar level. In future expansions, they can release all 3 class Arcane weapons together.

I would agree with you, but look at L31 maul. It IS extremely OP when comparing it to any other weapon of a warrior's arsenal. The same thing can be said about staff.

However, ask that question about hooks? They were better, yes, but not so much where it made a defining difference.

Uzii
08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I'll ask you your opinion when the maul doesn't get the two expansions of being the best arcane, as well as the staff.

The fact is, they were quoted to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in. Now, that is not the case.

So, as a result, a slight buff is in order. To ignore the issue entirely is pure selfishness & greed while lacking the ability to approach the situation logically.

I would say the same thing in regards to maul or staff if that were the case.

Im playing a rogue. Dont know what u wanted to say with ur first sentence. And i thought u asked everyones opinion...

R u sure abt that to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in? Players already fall into assumption once. Abt same thing when the nordr expansion came. Arcane hooks buff.
the thread was made to clarify:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion&highlight=clarifying

I dont ignore the issue nor im selfish or greedy. And Im logical. Rogues were the only class at time of release of hooks with arcane rarity weapon

Maybe its time to make that all classes can benefit from arcane weapons. But i can imagine the next expansion entirely same thread made to buff them again so they still can compete. Its a never ending story....
Just this week im reading second thread abt this...

Zeus
08-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Im playing a rogue. Dont know what u wanted to say with ur first sentence. And i thought u asked everyones opinion...

R u sure abt that to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in? Players already fall into assumption once. Abt same thing when the nordr expansion came. Arcane hooks buff.
the thread was made to clarify:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion&highlight=clarifying

I dont ignore the issue nor im selfish or greedy. And Im logical. Rogues were the only class at time of release of hooks with arcane rarity weapon

Maybe its time to make that all classes can benefit from arcane weapons. But i can imagine the next expansion entirely same thread made to buff them again so they still can compete. Its a never ending story....
Just this week im reading second thread abt this...

Read the quote in my original post. That was posted at a later date then that thread, thus meaning that it was stating the future of the weapons.

Going by that quote, if hooks are not buffed, then they will no longer be the best weapon of their class for 2 expansions, as promised. Thus, do you see where I am coming from? It is very logical & very fair to ask them to get buffed slightly in order to live up to what was expected of their potential.

I am not assuming anything. Everything I have said in this thread has been backed up by evidence and logic with examples to match. Thus, I can only assume that you're misunderstanding what I am saying.

P.S: My first sentence was a misunderstanding. I wasn't able to fix it before you read it because the forums are acting very slow and I was out at a Mexican grill eating. I have now edited it to what I meant.

Uzii
08-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Read the quote in my original post. That was posted at a later date then that thread, thus meaning that it was stating the future of the weapons.

Going by that quote, if hooks are not buffed, then they will no longer be the best weapon of their class for 2 expansions, as promised. Thus, do you see where I am coming from? It is very logical & very fair to ask them to get buffed slightly in order to live up to what was expected of their potential.

I am not assuming anything. Everything I have said in this thread has been backed up by evidence and logic with examples to match. Thus, I can only assume that you're misunderstanding what I am saying.

P.S: My first sentence was a misunderstanding. I wasn't able to fix it before you read it because the forums are acting very slow and I was out at a Mexican grill eating. I have now edited it to what I meant.

Hm but i understand it as they should be better for 2 not 3 expansion... but im not natural english speaker and it may be confusing for me.
Who knows they may really somehow buff those hooks.
My opinion is same. They should stay as they r. (no need to quote me i said what i wanted)

Zeus
08-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Hm but i understand it as they should be better for 2 not 3 expansion... but im not natural english speaker and it may be confusing for me.
Who knows they may really somehow buff those hooks.
My opinion is same. They should stay as they r. (no need to quote me i said what i wanted)

I'll break it down for you since you're not a natural english speaker.

In that quote, this is what the developers mean: When mythic gear is released, it is planned to be the best for the expansion it was released in AND one expansion after that.

When arcane gear is released, it is planned to be the best for the expansion it was released in AND two expansions after that.

falmear
08-25-2013, 04:19 PM
They should get upgraded along with all arcane at 41 and no sooner. Mages have had to go without an arcane weapon for two expansions and warriors have gone with one expansion without an arcane. So you can think of this upcoming expansion were rogues don't have an arcane weapon. Seems almost fair to me.

gundamsone
08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
People need to see the big picture.

Yes you can argue that STS said Nodr was the season for warriors but arguably it was the season for mages.
Why would I say this?
The runic gun itself is a mini arcane weapon and satisfied the hunger most mages were seeking throughout season 1 to 3.
Whereas the Maul is still out of reach for many many warriors.

In regards to the hooks, from a business point of view, it's practical for STS to remove/discontinue these from the loot table if the potential of upgrading is non existent.
Why on earth would craters want an outdated non-demanded hard to sell loot after going through so many crates?

Now if all 3 arcane weapons were at the same level, looters could easily swap them around for the desired weapon.
People gotta stop arguing that "it's the mages turn" b/c based on current gear, mages are pretty balanced with the very affordable runic gun and improved curse spell.

KingFu
08-25-2013, 04:23 PM
No. They're level 26, their life expectancy is 2 caps, it should stay that way.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 04:27 PM

Their life expectancy is two caps after the expansion they were released in. The next expansion is coming and they are simply not going to be as promised, "the best item in their class".

Thus, by what was told to us, they should be upgraded. The facts are there, David.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 04:28 PM
They should get upgraded along with all arcane at 41 and no sooner. Mages have had to go without an arcane weapon for two expansions and warriors have gone with one expansion without an arcane. So you can think of this upcoming expansion were rogues don't have an arcane weapon. Seems almost fair to me.

So when the precious arcane staff does not last two expansions after the one it was released in, you will be okay with it? I am not asking for a staggering upgrade, but merely a SLIGHT buff to keep them competitive/make them the best of their class.

gundamsone
08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Sure keep them as 26 but remove them from the loot table b/c they will rot as the seasons progress.
It would be a kick in the balls if you looted a pair of hooks lets say in the next expansion when you clearly know "I could've got an arcane EGG or STAFF or MAUL instead"

Crating is a luxury for VIP players, and VIP players deserve VIP loots.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Sure keep them as 26 but remove them from the loot table b/c they will rot as the seasons progress.
It would be a kick in the balls if you looted a pair of hooks lets say in the next expansion when you clearly know "I could've got an arcane EGG or STAFF or MAUL instead"

The only thing is... they are dead before reaching their life expectancy...

gundamsone
08-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Honestly in my opinion, the prime time where each arcane weapon truley shines and is used, enjoyed, and can be afforded by many elite players is 2 to 3 seasons after it's first introduced.

Only now, i'm finally noticing a jump in the owners of these blades but what's the point? they barely beat l.31 daggers and are going to be worse than l.36 daggers in a week.
Unless STS's intention is to keep the arcane weapons out of reach for 99.9% of players in the season of release?

drgrimmy
08-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Based on what the developers promised in prior threads, I think it is only fair that they get a slight buff to keep them better than the lvl36 legendary daggers. Not too much though, I might add, so they don't become too much of an op twink weapon.

conclusion: I think arcane weapons SHOULD be good in pve and pvp.

Fair, but it is no secret that bows, two handed warrior weapons (eg hammers) and guns are the weapon on choice for pvp. Warriors just got lucky with their arcane weapons in terms of pvp whereas rogue and sorcerers did not. Nevertheless, I think that a lot of rogues who had hooks last season used them in pvp and used them effectively.

I would agree with you, but look at L31 maul. It IS extremely OP when comparing it to any other weapon of a warrior's arsenal. The same thing can be said about staff.

However, ask that question about hooks? They were better, yes, but not so much where it made a defining difference.

We don't yet know the stats of the staff yet in comparison to other legendaries or the mythic gun so lets not jump to conclusions. As with above, staffs have never really been that favored in pvp except for a few select people and builds, and I am going to assume the it will not be heads and shoulders above the rest of the mage guns for pvp until proven otherwise.

KingFu
08-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Thus, by what was told to us, they should be upgraded. The facts are there, David.

They're clearly not since I'm not the only one disagreeing.

@Gundam, I agree, they should be taken off the loot table. Ruins the exclusiveness of the arcane weapon.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 06:04 PM

There was a quote stating that they will be the best of their class for 3 expansions (the one they were released in and 2 more following). However, items are catching up earlier then intended, so it is an issue.

What more do you want? Lol.

KingFu
08-25-2013, 06:08 PM
There was a quote stating that they will be the best of their class for 3 expansions (the one they were released in and 2 more following). However, items are catching up earlier then intended, so it is an issue.

What more do you want? Lol.

"Catching up". But whatevs. No point in arguing with you since you'll continue to reiterate the same thing x500.

I like it better when you're talking about pedophiles!

Zeus
08-25-2013, 06:14 PM
"Catching up". But whatevs. No point in arguing with you since you'll continue to reiterate the same thing x500.

I like it better when you're talking about pedophiles!

Check the mountain teeth, David. In the next expansion, the L35 versions WILL surpass the hooks.

Anyways, you did? I'll be sure to entertain you with more pedophile talk whenever I see you on then. :)

drgrimmy
08-25-2013, 06:16 PM

@Gundam, I agree, they should be taken off the loot table. Ruins the exclusiveness of the arcane weapon.

Well just to be fair, we got to ask ourselves who benefits from them being taken off the loot table??? You all can come to your own conclusions. Should we also remove hammerjaw from the table since seeing one is ever more common and prices are dropping? We don't know exactly how the loot tables work, and does getting the hooks mean that you would have otherwise gotten another arcane item if hooks were not in the table? Nevertheless, I personally think most people would rather get hooks than getting a worthless pink or 2k gold!

Zurko
08-25-2013, 06:18 PM
What apollo is saying is that sts gave there word , in response they made $$$,$$$ if the wording was different the dollars would be also ,so if they said arcane stays relevant 1 expand they would of made $$,$$$ . So if it was a lie then we know it was a buisness move and can plan better in the future instead of listening to start...that sums it up

Azepeiete
08-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Why you gonna make me get hooks zzz. They actually will still be the best for survivability, which you could argue gives you the upper hand.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Why you gonna make me get hooks zzz. They actually will still be the best for survivability, which you could argue gives you the upper hand.

To be the best means no compromise, correct? How can something be the best if it's not the best in a specific area?

The fact is, arcane is the best and was told to us that it would be the best in its class for 3 consecutive expansions. So, as a result, with L35 mountain teeth on the horizon, it needs to be upgraded.

Energizeric
08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
A couple of points I want to add to this discussion, which I also discussed with Apollo yesterday...

1) Hooks and Level 26 Mythic Helms both come from Elite Golden Pirate Chests in addition to Locked Crates. I see here players are suggesting that Hooks should be removed from the drop table. I assume a similar request would be made in a future expansion when the next group of mythic helms come out, players will probably request that the level 26 mythic helms also be discontinued as well. If they were to discontinue these items, then why would anyone want to farm the Elite Kraken dungeons? Of what value would Elite Golden Pirate Chests be if they did not contain the best two items from the Kraken expansion?

2) If you were to request that STS makes these changes, I think they might as well also eliminate the Elite Kraken dungeons since nobody would farm there when they can farm the newer elite dungeons for chests that do contain mythic and arcane items.

3) I think a better request would be to just eliminate those items from Locked Crates, and to let them stay in the loot table for the Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

4) You are forgetting that twink items are big business. In PL some of the most pricey items are twink items. A rare item like Arcane Hooks is going to be super valuable for a level 26 PvP twink rogue. For that reason I think the price of such an item will stay very high long after they are useful for end game. I don't think it will be worth 10m anymore at that point, but maybe 5m? In any case, they will be valuable enough that anyone opening a locked crate would be very happy to loot one. If it's not the item you want, then you can sell it.

5) Not everyone who opens locked crates is end game. I'm sure many players would want a chance to loot elite twink items. Since STS has discontinued the elite pinks after each expansion, at least the mythic and arcane items can still be available.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 07:24 PM
A couple of points I want to add to this discussion, which I also discussed with Apollo yesterday...

1) Hooks and Level 26 Mythic Helms both come from Elite Golden Pirate Chests in addition to Locked Crates. I see here players are suggesting that Hooks should be removed from the drop table. I assume a similar request would be made in a future expansion when the next group of mythic helms come out, players will probably request that the level 26 mythic helms also be discontinued as well. If they were to discontinue these items, then why would anyone want to farm the Elite Kraken dungeons? Of what value would Elite Golden Pirate Chests be if they did not contain the best two items from the Kraken expansion?

2) If you were to request that STS makes these changes, I think they might as well also eliminate the Elite Kraken dungeons since nobody would farm there when they can farm the newer elite dungeons for chests that do contain mythic and arcane items.

3) I think a better request would be to just eliminate those items from Locked Crates, and to let them stay in the loot table for the Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

4) You are forgetting that twink items are big business. In PL some of the most pricey items are twink items. A rare item like Arcane Hooks is going to be super valuable for a level 26 PvP twink rogue. For that reason I think the price of such an item will stay very high long after they are useful for end game. I don't think it will be worth 10m anymore at that point, but maybe 5m? In any case, they will be valuable enough that anyone opening a locked crate would be very happy to loot one. If it's not the item you want, then you can sell it.

5) Not everyone who opens locked crates is end game. I'm sure many players would want a chance to loot elite twink items. Since STS has discontinued the elite pinks after each expansion, at least the mythic and arcane items can still be available.

Those are some great suggestions, but as of right now, the fact remains that hooks will NOT be lasting 3 expansions as "best in their class" as promised.

Energizeric
08-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Those are some great suggestions, but as of right now, the fact remains that hooks will NOT be lasting 3 expansions as "best in their class" as promised.

It's a hard issue to fix for this reason.... If they buff them considerably, then won't they be way too OP for level 26 PvP? Maybe they can make the proc significantly better instead of changing the stats. Since procs usually contain percentages instead of fixed numbers, that would cause the proc to scale to the level of the enemy instead of being too OP at level 26.

falmear
08-25-2013, 07:35 PM
To be the best means no compromise, correct? How can something be the best if it's not the best in a specific area?

The fact is, arcane is the best and was told to us that it would be the best in its class for 3 consecutive expansions. So, as a result, with L35 mountain teeth on the horizon, it needs to be upgraded.

Or they end up nerfing Level 35 Mountain teeth by not scaling them as much or whatever the best Level 36 Rogue blades are for the next expansion to keep the hooks looking good. That's the easiest thing for them to do. I'm just saying, there are unintended consequences sometimes. Because they can't make everyone happy. Something similar happened with the level 26 mage mythic helm because the HP & armor on that thing is very low and the mythic helm had lower armor then the best legendary level 26 helm at the time. Now level 31 helms have better armor & HP then the mage mythic helm but it still has an advantage on damage. But don't you think they took that into account when designing the level 31 legendary helms?

Taejo
08-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Ran out of thank yous. These are some solid points. I also agree with just buffing the proc of hooks (which Apollo and Energizeric have both mentioned) rather than the actual stats. The reasoning, of course, is the L26 PvP bracket. Not an entirely important aspect of the game right now, but in the future may be extremely popular among players.

Zanpakuto
08-25-2013, 07:41 PM
It's a hard issue to fix for this reason.... If they buff them considerably, then won't they be way too OP for level 26 PvP? Maybe they can make the proc significantly better instead of changing the stats. Since procs usually contain percentages instead of fixed numbers, that would cause the proc to scale to the level of the enemy instead of being too OP at level 26.

Yes that would make my hook friends happy :) The proc buff if upgraded would do wonders!! They should even consider adding the red circle thingy that rotates around the player like the other 2 arcane weapons do would be pretty sweet as well. Hooks are just kind of plain and will be surpassed in every way at 36

Zeus
08-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Or they end up nerfing Level 35 Mountain teeth by not scaling them as much or whatever the best Level 36 Rogue blades are for the next expansion to keep the hooks looking good. That's the easiest thing for them to do. I'm just saying, there are unintended consequences sometimes. Because they can't make everyone happy. Something similar happened with the level 26 mage mythic helm because the HP & armor on that thing is very low and the mythic helm had lower armor then the best legendary level 26 helm at the time. Now level 31 helms have better armor & HP then the mage mythic helm but it still has an advantage on damage. But don't you think they took that into account when designing the level 31 legendary helms?

Mythic helm is getting upgraded beyond the 1 season that was promised so I don't think you can use that as an example. The hooks, however, are not.

Also, like stated numerous times... I am asking for a SLIGHT upgrade. As I discussed with Taejo, a proc upgrade would suffice because then they would still be more effective than other weapons.

Also, I think the argument that it will grow too OP as a twink item is negligible. Why? Take a look at the L31 soon to be twink weapon - Maul of Ollerus. How OP would one consider that?

falmear
08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Mythic helm is getting upgraded beyond the 1 season that was promised so I don't think you can use that as an example. The hooks, however, are not.

My point is the mage mythic helm wasn't the best for one season in terms of armor. So yes its getting upgraded, but we had to spend 2 seasons with a helm that had worse armor then legendary helms. So you can say they didn't keep their promise for mage mythic helm as well. And even with boosted stats, some people still don't consider the warrior mythic sword better then legendary weapons. So I am just giving you examples where this is nothing new. And ultimately what they will probably do is not scale future weapons as much to keep the hooks looking good.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
My point is the mage mythic helm wasn't the best for one season in terms of armor. So yes its getting upgraded, but we had to spend 2 seasons with a helm that had worse armor then legendary helms. So you can say they didn't keep their promise for mage mythic helm as well. And even with boosted stats, some people still don't consider the warrior mythic sword better then legendary weapons. So I am just giving you examples where this is nothing new. And ultimately what they will probably do is not scale future weapons as much to keep the hooks looking good.

What I don't understand... you're comparing mythics to arcanes.

Arcanes ARE the best, they literally have NO compromises in any of the various arcane rarity items. Even today though, mythic gear has compromises.

Also, as proven in the past, armor is trivial which is why when a warrior takes off his/her gear in PvP, he can still tank for a while.

falmear
08-25-2013, 08:11 PM
So when the precious arcane staff does not last two expansions after the one it was released in, you will be okay with it? I am not asking for a staggering upgrade, but merely a SLIGHT buff to keep them competitive/make them the best of their class.

Yes I am totally fine with that. If the rogue weapon didn't last for two expansions after the one it was released in, then the mage or warrior one shouldn't. Thats fair.

Taejo
08-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Take a look at the L31 soon to be twink weapon - Maul of Ollerus. How OP would one consider that?

Maul? Not very OP in my opinion - and I play both a warrior and sorcerer in PvP against this weapon. The L31 twink bracket will be identical to the PvP we're experiencing right now, so whatever issues there are currently (can't think of any critical ones) are the same issues the twinks will face. I don't know anything about L26 twink PvP, but the reason I mentioned it is because the basis for our community wanting to buff hooks is to improve them for end-game content. You're looking at scaling an item to fit into content two level caps beyond it. It's just logical that opponents facing buffed hooks at L26 may stand no chance or start to complain. But again, I have not even fought a rogue using hooks more than a few times, so I can't speak much on the topic with any credibility. A slight buff would have to be done with this in mind.

kharmel
08-25-2013, 08:17 PM
There will always be pros and cons:
>If they upgrade the hooks(as promised)- end game players will be happy and more especially the lvl26 twinkers coz it will be way too OP(having the only class with arcane weapon BUFFED)
though as what appollo have said,STS have promised to make it worthwhile for 3 expansions.

But this will create a huge disadvantage on the other class twinking at lvl 26. So rather..

>Better STS make this arcane hooks also upgradeable( like combined with some gem) to lvl 36 so it can compensate with other arcane weapon. (Prolly same with arcane hammer). And those not upgraded will remain as is.
> But downside,it will be unfair for mages coz lvl 36 expansion is their time and glory.
>just a thought, but still,what STS decides,hope for the benefit of all gamers.

Energizeric
08-25-2013, 08:18 PM
The proc is definitely the place to buff. I agree with this solution 100%. Because procs are in percentages and not fixed numbers, a buff in the proc would only cause a slight increase in power at level 26, but would cause a much more significant increase in power at level 36, which is the goal here.

Very few of us consider the proc when choosing our weapons, but some procs make all the difference in the world. The maul is OP not because of its stats but because of the proc. Whenever a warrior with a maul comes at me, I slow down and cannot move much at all. Yes, that warrior does hit harder than an entombed hammer warrior, but it's the proc that makes the biggest difference.

And the runic has that stun proc that is an automatic win in any battle where it procs.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes I am totally fine with that. If the rogue weapon didn't last for two expansions after the one it was released in, then the mage or warrior one shouldn't. Thats fair.

However, that was not what was said when players purchased these arcane hooks.

falmear
08-25-2013, 08:22 PM
What I don't understand... you're comparing mythics to arcanes.

Arcanes ARE the best, they literally have NO compromises in any of the various arcane rarity items. Even today though, mythic gear has compromises.

Also, as proven in the past, armor is trivial which is why when a warrior takes off his/her gear in PvP, he can still tank for a while.

No I am comparing mythics to legendary and the mythics weren't even the best in the same season in two cases. Shouldn't it work like this arcane > mythic > legendary? And what I said is mythic wasn't as good as legendary in some important aspects. And you are saying a weapon that was the best for 2 seasons, won't be the best for the third season and STS not keeping their promise. Armor isn't trivial for a mage in PvP I can tell you that. And how many warriors prefer the mythic sword for PvP?

Zeus
Maul? Not very OP in my opinion - and I play both a warrior and sorcerer in PvP against this weapon. The L31 twink bracket will be identical to the PvP we're experiencing right now, so whatever issues there are currently (can't think of any critical ones) are the same issues the twinks will face. I don't know anything about L26 twink PvP, but the reason I mentioned it is because the basis for our community wanting to buff hooks is to improve them for end-game content. You're looking at scaling an item to fit into content two level caps beyond it. It's just logical that opponents facing buffed hooks at L26 may stand no chance or start to complain. But again, I have not even fought a rogue using hooks more than a few times, so I can't speak much on the topic with any credibility. A slight buff would have to be done with this in mind.

As of right now, bonechill bow beats the hooks in many things in regards to PvP.

Here are the advantages of bonechill bow:
• Stun
• More damage
• Range
Both of these advantages are the main qualities that Rogues are looking for in PvE.

Energizeric
Yes, with the cost of an arcane weapon, it should last 2 expansions after it comes out. Anything less and it's not really worth buying one.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 08:27 PM
No I am comparing mythics to legendary and the mythics weren't even the best in the same season in two cases. Shouldn't it work like this arcane > mythic > legendary? And what I said is mythic wasn't as good as legendary in some important aspects. And you are saying a weapon that was the best for 2 seasons, won't be the best for the third season and STS not keeping their promise. Armor isn't trivial for a mage in PvP I can tell you that. And how many warriors prefer the mythic sword for PvP?

Falmear, health points matter far more than armor. The math has already been done on this and trust me, the health points gain is a better upgrade. The armor difference is negligible (it's off by a few points).

As a result, it's not really a downgrade by any means.

However, with hooks, the only thing going for it is the sheer dps/damage combination. The proc, while effective, is negligible as map levels increase in difficulty. Also, as already stated many times, arcane items, as quoted by a developer, are "the best of their class". This means no compromises.

For mythic warrior weapon: It is the best of it's kind in tanking.

For mythic helm: It is the best of it's kind in terms of damage and health points.

For arcane hooks: It is the best of it's kind in terms of overall damage/dps combination.

So, going by that... they do need to remain the best in their class for the time stated.

falmear
08-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Falmear, health points matter far more than armor. The math has already been done on this and trust me, the health points gain is a better upgrade. The armor difference is negligible (it's off by a few points).

For mythic helm: It is the best of it's kind in terms of damage and health points.

I don't want to derail your thread here, so I probably won't post much about this subject beyond this. But my point is, STS doesn't keep their promises. Comparing level 26 mythic helm vs level 26 Sealord Effigy of Security, mythic helm has -58 HP & -9 armor. So you say mythic helm is best in terms of HP. Well this is not the case for the mage mythic helm. It is worse then the level 26 helm in terms of HP. And is way worse then the level 31 helms. In your first post you have quoted "The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released". So the mage mythic helm was not exactly top of the line at level 26 or 31. Yes it has more damage but has always sucked in terms of HP & armor. When STS says top of the line, I read that as being top of the line in all stats and not just one. Also you may laugh at 58 HP, but at level 26 that was close to 10% HP of a mage.

Zeus
08-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't want to derail your thread here, so I probably won't post much about this subject beyond this. But my point is, STS doesn't keep their promises. Comparing level 26 mythic helm vs level 26 Sealord Effigy of Security, mythic helm has -58 HP & -9 armor. So you say mythic helm is best in terms of HP. Well this is not the case for the mage mythic helm. It is worse then the level 26 helm in terms of HP. And is way worse then the level 31 helms. In your first post you have quoted "The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released". So the mage mythic helm was not exactly top of the line at level 26 or 31. Yes it has more damage but has always sucked in terms of HP & armor. When STS says top of the line, I read that as being top of the line in all stats and not just one. Also you may laugh at 58 HP, but at level 26 that was close to 10% HP of a mage.

Ah, I understand that.

Well, we will see what they do because as much as we argue, in the end, the decision is up to the developers and not us.

drgrimmy
08-25-2013, 10:49 PM

So true. For these reasons I did not even use the mythic helm in pvp at lvl26 even though I had one. It only became more of an option this season for mages with a mythic armor, ring and amulet that actually increased hp. Furthermore, despite everyone drooling over the new arcane staff I am very doubtful of its usefulness in pvp until proven otherwise. Before the mythic gun came out the nordr jewel had higher damage than the borean rifle and a pretty sweet proc to boot, yet I never even considered using the staff over the rifle in pvp, and I am sure many other mages felt the same way. Unless the damage of the arcane staff is way over that of the mythic gun (and I am not talking a measly 10 points in damage, but an even more significant increase) I would not even consider it for pvp as it will likely have to be aimed and require you to be up close and personal. Furthermore, the almost 2 second charge time for its skill is a joke. You will be dead before you even fire it.

vholt
08-25-2013, 11:25 PM
From a mage's point of view, even I agree. I say buff the dps a lot though because that's what should separate it from the bow? Crazy high dps? Am i right? No? Ok ill show myself out.. . _.

Taejo
08-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Ah, I understand that.

Well, we will see what they do because as much as we argue, in the end, the decision is up to the developers and not us.

True, but also consider that they have taken many many ideas from our discussions and arguments here on the forums. I am impressed as to how well STS listens (reads) to the community's feedback and suggestions about the game. Remember, introducing mythic and arcane loot was derived from these very forums! Other ideas such as the changes to crates, adding rare spawns such as Bael/Krunch, and hopefully major changes to the dynamics of elite maps are all born here on the forums. You might say, it's a section of the "drawing board" for the Devs. So any thread that goes into great depth - such as this one - is only beneficial for the game as a whole.

Cero
08-26-2013, 02:54 AM
Im sure devs will be pressured by this thread regarding buffing up the Arcane hooks. And keeping their promises.

If anyone has some time to post the stats difference between rogue Arcane,mythic and legendary weapons would be sweet to help others understand more of why Hooks should be upgraded.

I only know that it has best DPS(?).
Sure many also knows about the purpose of the 1st and secondary weapons.

Daggers(dps) - bow(dmg)
Sword/axe(dmg) - sword&shield(dps)
Staff(dps) - Gun(dmg)

I aslo noticed that Arcane hammer has both
the Highest DMG and DPS.

Valsacar
08-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Since we want to play the "quote the devs" game, don't forget they also said that more rare does NOT equal best.

Yes, I'm too lazy to go find the quote right now.

zagnut
08-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Hello guys,

First off, I would like to start off with saying this: I know this thread will be flamed due to sorcerer's wanting their spot in the light with the new arcane weapon. However, I request that you bear with me and read the thread so I can explain why the hooks should be upgraded.

Moving on, please read this quote:

Now, to analyze this quote, this means that each mythic weapon will be the top of the line for one more expansion than the expansion they were released in and arcane weapons will be the top of the line for two more expansions than the one they were released in.

However, we now have a dilemma. The thing is, hooks are barely the best DPS weapon this cap and actually, their damage is somewhat lacking on some bosses. Honestly, the Mountain Teeth daggers are catching up.

Now, due to the next expansion, the next highest level of Mountain Teeth daggers will be L35 and will be equal or even surpass the arcane hooks.

Thus, for this reason, I request that the hooks do infact get upgraded. The thing is, they are not a PvP weapon, but a PvE weapon, so having them upgraded would only benefit other players with faster run times!

Also, please note that the other arcane weapons have MASSIVE buffs to them. With the hooks, there is a mere -15 percent reduction in armor and -20 percent reduction in movement proc. This can be considered rather weak when compared to the other arcane weapons and even more weak in regards to the next expansion (as this expansion already had Mountain Teeth closely on the Arcane Hook's tail).

Just something to think about & a humble request for upgraded hooks.

~Apollo

My point exactly!!! If I'm not mistaken, Mountain teeth of brutality already has 6.8 more damage than the hooks!!! So level 32..33..34 and def 35 will be well ahead when these legendary weapons shouldn't be close to nvm better with the level 31 blades if arcane is supposed to surpass at least the bladed weapons for 2 expansions. They are saying that if the mythic weapons don't end up being better they will buff them..why not have the option to buff everything mythic and Arcane at least one time after their expansion "shelf life." I dred the day the single rouge Arcane weapon that I've spent soOo much time and MONEY acquiring. Something needs to be done!!! Even if its having the option to exchange them for the new rouge arcane when that comes out after doing perhaps some in depth quest like the mythic armor and helm upgrade. Please Space Time Studios! You're the best and I trust you will do the right thing and make some sort of compromise, especially since the hooks weren't the best rouge blades in every respect for the two guaranteed expansions. Thanks guys and I hope u take our suggestions into consideration.

Rare
08-26-2013, 08:49 AM
I am guessing that if the new blades are better there will be a slight buff. I wouldn't expect, or want, a full upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Insomniack
08-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I just don't understand, why wouldn't give slight nerf to legendary bows/daggers instead of buffing hooks!? Would make everyone happy, I guess..

Zeus
08-26-2013, 06:48 PM
I just don't understand, why wouldn't give slight nerf to legendary bows/daggers instead of buffing hooks!? Would make everyone happy, I guess..

Because there's already not much wiggle room and who would want the common pinks to be even less effective than they already are in PvE?

Zeus
08-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Since we want to play the "quote the devs" game, don't forget they also said that more rare does NOT equal best.

Yes, I'm too lazy to go find the quote right now.

However, they also said that these are the top of the line. Of course more rare doesn't equal best, that's why there's compromises & discontinued items. However, many players were led to believe according to this quote that arcane items would last the lifetime that developers stated they would last (which also account for the large price of them).

Zeus
08-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Bump... it seems hooks are no longer the best in their class for the expansions promised. An explanation would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 08:22 PM
I posted this in another thread and thought it would go fine here as well.

Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons.

Ujiolo
08-30-2013, 08:31 PM

but you guys said arcanes are meant to be best for 3 expansions. This is the 3rd and it is no longer best

Derezzzed
08-30-2013, 08:38 PM
but you guys said arcanes are meant to be best for 3 expansions. This is the 3rd and it is no longer best

Agreed & it just barely was the best in the Nordr expansion (actually I think mountains teeth of brutality was in fact better)

Devs honored there word with the mythic bow but tbh I didn't really like the solution & besides do we really want arcane hooks buffed and ALL daggers that are better than it nerfed? Tbh I don't want a 36 Legendart dagger being weaker than a 26 arcane Dagger :/

Zeus
08-30-2013, 08:43 PM

That's all fine and dandy, but then why would developers misinform players by stating that they would last for three expansions? Something should be done in order to make it right.

MayaNatsume
08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
I totally don't understand what STS thinking (of course I know they are working really hard) , because once all lvl35+ items become better than mythic and arcane. what is the point to get/buy them then..??
Why we need to pay plat to open the locked again..?? Look at the market can tell, no one want to pay lot $$ to get just gain a bit mythic or arcane now.. that why lot ppl that I know they stop open locked...

gundamsone
08-30-2013, 10:57 PM
True but when people are buying a PS3 they are getting a PS3 and not a PS2 or PS1.
How this relates to the game you ask?

Craters are I would consider the biggest shareholders/investors/contributors/supporters/or w/e u want to call it in this game.
To be fair and to respect these guys doesn't it seem wrong to include gear that has diminishing value and is considered somewhat useless now in the current expansion.
If I looted a hook now I would be thinking, "why couldn't I get a staff or a maul or a samael"

Actually this is exactly you guys have been doing with the expansion themed gear discontinuing the old gear when new season approaches.
So why can't you do the same for the hooks?

MayaNatsume
08-30-2013, 11:19 PM

No worries, that why ppl go for xbox...because sony never listen from players....

saiyen
08-31-2013, 02:12 AM
RIP arcane hooks..

Zeus
08-31-2013, 09:22 AM
RIP arcane hooks..

Eh... Not really, because they still drop.

If they're going to play that game, remove them from crates then. -_-

Bless
08-31-2013, 09:44 AM

Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons. Its like the label says PS3 but inside the box, its a PS1...

Zeus
08-31-2013, 10:50 AM

Sam, also, what should be considered is that Sony doesn't assure its customers that the PS3 would last a specific number of years and then release the PS4 earlier. In this case, developers put a figure on these items, thereby misleading customers. Players open crates for these items, Sam. If they are stated to last 3 expansions, then they SHOULD last 3 expansions. The answer you gave us right now is "deal with it", pretty much when in reality, if there was a statement that they would last 3 expansions, this is an issue we should not be dealing with.

However, I do understand the immense amount of workload y'all are going through right now, so rather than avoiding the issue but giving us some sort of time frame assuring those that own these expensive items (mainly obtained through locked crates) that this issue will be taken care of would be great.

Thanks,

A loyal customer :)

Terracio
08-31-2013, 01:32 PM
I made a similar thread the other day.

I'm a hooks owner who just got lucky opening some crates,that's it. With that said I think EVERY Arcane weapon should be the best of its class for every class, period.

It's not like this game is in abundance in Arcanes and Mythics, not exactly a lot of variety so they should all be upgradeable in the same vein as the armor/helm to avoid OP twinking.

Furthermore Hooks aren't even good for PVP (except vs a warrior one on one which rarely happens).

The whole "it's mages time now" argument is silly, no class should have their "best" item become an afterthought, in an ideal world all three items release at the same time, but they didn't.

This little debacle with the mythics and arcanes becoming pretty much regular items in a way is saying "FU" to the supporters. Most mythics and arcanes come from locked crates, by you not giving them their due treatment and choosing to just them marginally better (if not simply worse) to new pinks, you're essentially rewarding the people who never invest in plat (or work hard for gold for those "elite" items).

With all that said and the Hooks (or other arcane items in general when their time comes) can become afterthoughts at the very least remove them from locked crates, its disrespectful for the craters (who actually give money to the game) to have their plat go to the possibility of looting a worthless item.

Since we are not sure how crate looting works we are going by assumption you could have gotten another arcane in place of that devalued one and even then I simply as a crater don't want the odd there of going for a PS4 only to find a PS1, either all in or all out don't want a "consolation level" arcane.

Zeus
08-31-2013, 01:40 PM
I made a similar thread the other day.

I'm a hooks owner who just got lucky opening some crates,that's it. With that said I think EVERY Arcane weapon should be the best of its class for every class, period.

It's not like this game is in abundance in Arcanes and Mythics, not exactly a lot of variety so they should all be upgradeable in the same vein as the armor/helm to avoid OP twinking.

Furthermore Hooks aren't even good for PVP (except vs a warrior one on one which rarely happens).

The whole "it's mages time now" argument is silly, no class should have their "best" item become an afterthought, in an ideal world all three items release at the same time, but they didn't.

This little debacle with the mythics and arcanes becoming pretty much regular items in a way is saying "FU" to the supporters. Most mythics and arcanes come from locked crates, by you not giving them their due treatment and choosing to just them marginally better (if not simply worse) to new pinks, you're essentially rewarding the people who never invest in plat (or work hard for gold for those "elite" items).

With all that said and the Hooks (or other arcane items in general when their time comes) can become afterthoughts at the very least remove them from locked crates, its disrespectful for the craters (who actually give money to the game) to have their plat go to the possibility of looting a worthless item.

Since we are not sure how crate looting works we are going by assumption you could have gotten another arcane in place of that devalued one and even then I simply as a crater don't want the odd there of going for a PS4 only to find a PS1, either all in or all out don't want a "consolation level" arcane.

Thank you.

Either give us the life expectancy specifically stated by the developers or discontinue them from crates. I am fine with either option.

Uzii
08-31-2013, 02:07 PM
I guess it was just a misunderstanding. They didnt planned to make hooks the best weapon in s5. I think 7 months its quite long amount of time.

U cant have some items to be the best for whole time. Economy is not in a good shape already and this will give it a death blow.

Yes remove from crates, so when u r spending plat u wil not feeling miserable getting them, but keep in elite golde pirate chests, so they can still be lootable.

Zeus
08-31-2013, 02:11 PM
I guess it was just a misunderstanding. They didnt planned to make hooks the best weapon in s5. I think 7 months its quite long amount of time.

U cant have some items to be the best for whole time. Economy is not in a good shape already and this will give it a death blow.

Yes remove from crates, so when u r spending plat u wil not feeling miserable getting them, but keep in elite golde pirate chests, so they can still be lootable.

It wasn't a misunderstanding though. They specifically stated that they would be the best of their class for 3 seasons. However, this was not and is not the case. Heck, they barely survived their second season with many considering the mountain teeth daggers to be better due to higher damage.

The point is, arcane and mythics are where they earn their money. Due to this, if players open many crates while being assured these highly sought after items will last 3 seasons, for arcane, and 2 seasons, for mythics, then that is exactly how long they should last. Otherwise, us customers feel a little betrayed when that is not the case.

Swede
08-31-2013, 04:03 PM
We'll look at them and make them competitive with Realm of Shadows pink daggers, but just barely. This is the last expansion they should be able to compete and as such, they wont be leaps and bounds better than other daggers.

matanofx
08-31-2013, 04:20 PM
We'll look at them and make them competitive with Realm of Shadows pink daggers, but just barely. This is the last expansion they should be able to compete and as such, they wont be leaps and bounds better than other daggers.

I think thats exactly what people wanted, just enough so its officially the best dagger weap for 3 seasons.

Off topic- why are upgraded rogue and war helms 6-6.1 dmg while mage stays at 2.8?? the upgraded myth mage helm is so.. meh, is it a bug or intentionally?

Zeus
08-31-2013, 04:54 PM

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm not selfish, so I didn't want a huge buff but I would like them to last the expectancy they were stated to last - even if that means they're better by a mere few points.

Zeus
08-31-2013, 05:19 PM
I think thats exactly what people wanted, just enough so its officially the best dagger weap for 3 seasons.

Off topic- why are upgraded rogue and war helms 6-6.1 dmg while mage stays at 2.8?? the upgraded myth mage helm is so.. meh, is it a bug or intentionally?

Whoa!!! That should definitely be upgraded.

By the way, congrats to sorcerers for finally making it into the 1000 armor mark! :p

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Apollo: read my thread on this issue:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114011-Solution-to-complaints-about-Arcane-Mythic-items

Zanpakuto
08-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Well, if STS is actually going to buff hooks then I'll start opening crates again for my maul :) at least it'll still be the best until next season! Still hope to see normalization of all arcane weapons or level based bonus. Sucks for anyone needing to fight twinks with arcane weapons!

Zeus
08-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Well, if STS is actually going to buff hooks then I'll start opening crates again for my maul :) at least it'll still be the best until next season! Still hope to see normalization of all arcane weapons or level based bonus. Sucks for anyone needing to fight twinks with arcane weapons!

It doesn't matter now considering bonechill and Devourer were seriously nerfed so arcane already gives a big advantage.

gundamsone
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
waiting patiently

wowdah
09-04-2013, 10:24 PM
^ same....

Zeus
09-04-2013, 11:04 PM
^ same....

Same... If developers are going to state something, they need to hold true to their word. Their statements are major influences in the game as well as have a strong correlation to platinum purchases & how platinum is spent.

Daddyblu
09-05-2013, 01:38 AM

In other words in the next expansion hooks is garbage LOL!

in the 41 expansion that arcane item wont be closer to epic or normal 41 weapons?

Daddyblu
09-05-2013, 01:40 AM
If they buff hooks they should buff arcane hammer too ^_^

keikali
09-05-2013, 10:18 AM
If they buff hooks they should buff arcane hammer too ^_^

Maybe in the next expansion but not now. Hooks are level 26, Hammer 31, Staff 36, see where I'm getting at?

Youngmurda
09-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Yea so is this buff still going to happen or they just messin with us?

Soundlesskill
09-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Lololol murdar:D

Alhuntrazeck
09-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Oldmurda? That you? Lmao!

Youngmurda
09-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Lmaoooo yes it is me. I am not really active in the forums besides the traders market. :D

Alhuntrazeck
09-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Why youngmurda then? lol

P.S: I love trolling you in paradise pier on my alt (look at siggy). :D

Zanpakuto
09-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Well, whether this happens or not, couple of my good friends have had enough waiting and sold them off at rock bottom prices just because if STS were going to do something, they would have by now. Their advice to me? Buy arcane pets, because they will last forever! Would love to see these things last 3 expansions, but even then, it's crazy how there's really no weapon with higher damage than the arcane hammer in this expansion yet last expansion hooks were already outclassed by the mountainsteeth. I think that the arcane weapon look and special procs are getting better and better! Hooks were just the first of the arcane weapon rarity and not much thought/creativity was put into them.

kharmel
09-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Buff or BLUFF?;)

Swede
09-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm looking at these now. What weapon(s) are you guys comparing them to that's so much better?

Limsi
09-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Architect Quills of Brutality lvl 36 I believe

Zeus
09-09-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm looking at these now. What weapon(s) are you guys comparing them to that's so much better?

L35 mountain teeth or the new quills. Either ones arguably is better than hooks.

falmear
09-09-2013, 12:54 PM
L35 mountain teeth or the new quills. Either ones arguably is better than hooks.

Time for some addition by subtraction.

Zeus
09-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Time for some addition by subtraction.

Haha!

Swede
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Alright my changed version will still have lower Damage than the best Legendary daggers in Realm of Shadows but all other stats are slightly better, including DPS. That, in addition to the powerful proc, should make them the best choice unless all you're after is Ability damage.

wvhills
09-09-2013, 01:57 PM
now time to sell!

Zeus
09-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Alright my changed version will still have lower Damage than the best Legendary daggers in Realm of Shadows but all other stats are slightly better, including DPS. That, in addition to the powerful proc, should make them the best choice unless all you're after is Ability damage.

Awesome, thanks!!

Any idea when we could be expecting the patch by? (I don't mean to rush!)

MayaNatsume
09-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks !!!

gundamsone
09-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes this is exactly what people want.
Again people choose daggers over bows when we require DPS, so hooks having the best DPS again will make them the best daggers again.
The ability is seriously underrated, the bleed damage alone is like a 5th skill bleeding the target constantly (w/ pretty high bleed damage) and the bleed effect stacks too!

Zanpakuto
09-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Well, my friends are going to be very upset about this delayed news. Awesome that STS is keeping their word though :)

Taejo
09-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Finally an end to the angry rogue protest!

(meant jokingly btw)

Kakashis
09-09-2013, 10:52 PM
My heart sank when I heard that STS would buff as I sold mine off earlier :( took a hit and bought another pair at inflated price. Hoping I won't die as often after buff.

gundamsone
09-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Just to boost the demand

Hooks still provide 110+HP, 200+Mana, 2.75%+Crit over L.36 Daggers alone
That's equivalent to 4 SkillPoints put into INT, and 3 into Crit

Frohnatur
09-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Wow. Apollo.

Your campaign finally worked out.

Lets see... if I rant just a little bit more about rogue OP in pvp, I might get my will? LOL

Zeus
09-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Wow. Apollo.

Lets see... if I rant just a little bit more about rogue OP in pvp, I might get my will? LOL

My rant was only to keep to their word which they stated & seem to be making good on (meaning the thread accomplished its purpose). Now, your approach is something entirely different. A rogue truly isn't OP in PvP. If it were, even the pro sorcerers would be complaining about rogue. However, that is not the case.

Anyways, I'm not going to turn this thread's purpose around so if you need anything else, don't hesitate to PM me.

Kakashis
09-10-2013, 08:54 AM
While swede is buffing the hooks, would it be possible o give it a little visual appearance update to make it awesome looking like the other newer arcane? Maybe a red/purple glowing circle like the other weapons get constantly or on the proc! Constant red body lightening would be nice too. But I guess it's too much to ask and doesn't really matter as long as stats are good again :) just thought that when they aren't useful anymore I can still keep them for a visual factor :)

Rare
09-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Wow. Apollo.

His was only a request to honor the claim that STS made. Not complaining.

While swede is buffing the hooks, would it be possible o give it a little visual appearance update to make it awesome looking like the other newer arcane? Maybe a red/purple glowing circle like the other weapons get constantly or on the proc! Constant red body lightening would be nice too. But I guess it's too much to ask and doesn't really matter as long as stats are good again :) just thought that when they aren't useful anymore I can still keep them for a visual factor :)

I dunno... IMO, the hooks are already the best looking weapon of the 3 arcane. In fact, in the game probably (I think teeth look pretty awesome though).

Zeus
09-10-2013, 09:22 AM
His was only a request to honor the claim that STS made. Not complaining.

I dunno... IMO, the hooks are already the best looking weapon of the 3 arcane. In fact, in the game probably (I think teeth look pretty awesome though).

Yeah, hooks are definitely the most attractive looking arcane weapon to me. I'd rather not have some fixes to something that isn't broken. :)

Kakashis
09-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Yeah, hooks are definitely the most attractive looking arcane weapon to me. I'd rather not have some fixes to something that isn't broken. :)

Was only a suggestion as the other weapons have awesome visual effects! This one only has red lightening on mobs during proc which is barely noticeable! Red/purple spinning circle like the warrior mythic weapon would look sick!

Instead of just saying hooks have been slightly buffed in update notes, just say that secret powers within the hooks have awakened in the world of Shuyal. What other magic awaits you! Then the visual effect can be justified hahaha

Zeus
09-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Was only a suggestion as the other weapons have awesome visual effects! This one only has red lightening on mobs during proc which is barely noticeable! Red/purple spinning circle like the warrior mythic weapon would look sick!

Instead of just saying hooks have been slightly buffed in update notes, just say that secret powers within the hooks have awakened in the world of Shuyal. What other magic awaits you! Then the visual effect can be justified hahaha

Haha, that could be cool too. :)