PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding weapon effects.

CallmeAlejandro
10-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey again.

Another question, about weapons this time.

This isn't regarding prefix/suffixes, because I found a thread that discusses those.

My question is, is there a thread somewhere that lists the effects of different items?

For example, I'm an enchantress using a xxx Fireblaster, and after using it I've noticed that it does aoe damage with regular attacks. When I look at the weapon shop, the same level weapons of a lightning staff and a darkbolt staff offer very different dps.

Is there a place where I can see what exactly a Darkbolt staff will do, and what a Lightning staff will do, if anything more than the general damage? Would be useful to know whether or not to upgrade a weapon based on what the weapons will actually do.

Arterra
10-30-2010, 08:27 PM
we dont have a definitive thread on this... for all items in the game...
but in general:

dark weapons (darkbolt/things with dark auras) have a lv1 nightmare giving proc. can combo with hellscream
spears/forks have a stackable -armor proc, -15 each time. thought to be a max of -45.
some fire staffs have aoe properties
shock lances give only -15 armor, does not stack :/
daggers have a bleed proc (also the brainorator) which lessens armor and causes -H/s
there is no lightning proc. nope. nothing so far.
ice weapons can freeze opponents (can combo with firestorm)
hammer can stun opponents, even bosses
2H stun but much less than hammers (thx twink)

some procs are mixed in weapons... titanic hammers can freeze AND stun, and sunkiller staff has aoe and freeze i think.

but I will let Royce direct you to more full examples of descriptions. he has like a organised library of all useful info...

TwinkTastical
10-30-2010, 09:27 PM
This has nothing to do with twinks.. so disregard anything i dont say.

Proc= Procedure, I.E. Dreamers Darkbolt Blaster = Nightmare proc
Hammers = Stun proc
Darkblades = nightmare proc
2h= slight stun proc
frozen weapons = freeze proc

Kossi
11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
no procs for bows?

Snakespeare
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Doesn't lightning debuff? I know the skill does. Maybe someone can test it in PvP.

Royce
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
no procs for bows?

Just the sunblessed bow with the blind proc, and ice bows with freeze procs.

Everyone else here covered the basics pretty well, but a note about dark weapons is that in my testing, dark staffs proc nightmare and weakness while dark wands only proc weakness. There's also a burn proc for some fire weapons (additional damage).

Doesn't lightning debuff? I know the skill does. Maybe someone can test it in PvP.

Already tested, while the skill debuffs armor and damage, no lightning weapons (Mage weapons, plasma swords, etc) seem to have any proc at all.