PDA

View Full Version : Life Time Pl or Whenever

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
08-26-2013, 07:33 AM
I was wondering if sts can stop the Pl server and close it for good when they decide to do that? Because it has happen to many games that have been left for others. And is weird how Pl server has fail in 2 short times by unplanned maintances. Who can asure me this wont happen to this game?

NECROREAPER
08-26-2013, 11:41 AM
The game is constantly undergoing small changes to make sure the playing experience is a comfortable one. Also, I'm pretty sure the game won't be shut down for a long long while.

Clapss
08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Lol game will never go down but you can delete your account if you have doubt's

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

NECROREAPER
08-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Lol game will never go down but you can delete your account if you have doubt's

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Lol epic name

Pandamoni
08-26-2013, 11:55 AM
I was wondering if sts can stop the Pl server and close it for good when they decide to do that? Because it has happen to many games that have been left for others. And is weird how Pl server has fail in 2 short times by unplanned maintances. Who can asure me this wont happen to this game?

Although STG hasn't been able to dedicate the amount of time to PL that people would hope for, it is still their baby. I would bet my right arm that if STG had to eventually ever "shut down" PL that we would receive plenty of forewarning.

xcainnblecterx
08-26-2013, 11:59 AM
The 2 short times the servers went down is because of amazon servers. Thats way out of stgs control as for pl shutting down......could be awhile

Roberto077
08-26-2013, 12:04 PM
As long as STS is a company, the servers will be running. Unless they turn into EA though.

Oldcoot
08-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Everything dies at some point, if we keep playing an supporting it will be around a long time

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
08-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Many many ppl has wasted alot of money in this game including me. This is why im wondering but yea thanks for info

Skeletonlord
08-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Everything dies at some point, if we keep playing an supporting it will be around a long time

Yes. The more support the game gets the longer it will be around for longer. I personally would not want this game to be shut down. If this was done, STG would lose a fair hefty amount of players. Pretty sure it will be around for a while yet. G thinks of PL as his baby project, I don't think it will be closed for a while.

Samhayne
08-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi,

Pocket Legends has a decent and steady community of players playing. Also, there is a steady stream of new people checking it out daily. I'm sorry that the recent auth outage shook your faith in Pocket Legends. As others have mentioned, our Legends games, including Pocket Legends, is hosted on Amazon's Cloud Compute Service. The recent outage for about 5 hours on Sunday was due to issues with stability of where the game was hosted and not the game itself. These things do happen, but we're still in the range of over 99% uptime for the year.

We don't anticipate closing any Spacetime game in the near future. Further, we have more coming for Pocket Legends, including new vanities (followed by new stat'd items) coming shortly from the Rockin Retro Gear Contest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109511-Winners-of-the-Rockin-Retro-Gear-Contest!).

Thanks, as always, for playing and being part of Pocket Legends!

Oldcoot
08-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Many many ppl has wasted alot of money in this game including me. This is why im wondering but yea thanks for info
I wouldn't say "wasted" I've spent many dollars on PL and got what I wanted. So it wasn't wasted in my opinion

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
08-26-2013, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't say "wasted" I've spent many dollars on PL and got what I wanted. So it wasn't wasted in my opinion

Sorry i did not meant to make it sound that bad. Same here but im talking about if the game gets shut down. Which now i know it wont be shut down.