PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Korra/Avatar

Bless
08-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I liked the last airbender cartoons as a kid, the movie was a fail but the animated series was sick

I just finished Avatar: Legend of korra book 1 series, book 2 is coming out in like 2 weeks! :cool:

Anyone else a fan of this anime series?

Zaonabiuibil
08-26-2013, 01:46 PM
I loved the Avatar series, probably one of my favorite shows honestly.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Bless
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
^ LoK is just as great as the original. Some flashbacks etc also have scenes of the grown up aang, toph, zuko too.

No wonder it won so many awards

DocDoBig
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Aang was bes, Korra idk, too modern ... I mean Cars, Planes - seriously?

Although Book 2 looks sick with the shadow thingy and such.

Bless
08-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Aang was bes, Korra idk, too modern ... I mean Cars, Planes - seriously?

Although Book 2 looks sick with the shadow thingy and such. Yeah agreed, but book 2 seems to bring back the pro original themes.

And how the heck is katara still alive - zukos grandson Is in his 20s

Korra seems weaker than aang though, she doesnt do huge rock bombs or torrents of water :/ I hope her avatar state occurs more in Season 2

DocDoBig
08-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah agreed, but book 2 seems to bring back the pro original themes.

And how the heck is katara still alive - zukos grandson Is in his 20s

Katara is only 85 in LoK. Not really that old, I think her GranGran got over 100.
Aang was (1)68 when he died.

Book 2 will bring back the epic ghost world stuff.

EDIT:
Korra seems weaker than aang though, she doesnt do huge rock bombs or torrents of water :/ I hope her avatar state occurs more in Season 2

Yeah she got pro in Avatar force at the very end.
But shes more pro in Fire than Aang.

TEOKILLO
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I liked the last airbender cartoons as a kid, the movie was a fail but the animated series was sick

I just finished Avatar: Legend of korra book 1 series, book 2 is coming out in like 2 weeks! :cool:

Ewww the movie, i actually expected all the actors to be asian lol

Bless
08-26-2013, 03:30 PM

Ewww the movie, i actually expected all the actors to be asian lol The movie was a fail...

TEOKILLO
08-26-2013, 03:31 PM
It was like bad, and the fire benders couldnt even make their own fire *facepalm*

DocDoBig
08-26-2013, 03:33 PM
It was just a fail that they took Human Actors and didn't make a cartoon film instead.

Bless
08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
It was so much of a flop that they didnt bother make book 2/3/4 of the film LOL :shame:

Anyways, it took more than a year for them to start to make book 2 of a HIT tv show...howwww!! Anyways glad the saga is continuing, I will just have to try resist from watching all of book 2's episodes in like 2 days :eagerness:

KingFu
08-26-2013, 04:50 PM
The movie was written and directed by M Night Shyamallamadingdong for his kids. If you expected anything from it after hearing that and seeing the previews, that's your fault lol.

As for the new series, tried watching a few episodes when it came out, felt meh. Not sure if I outgrew the series or if this one felt more like a childish cartoon, but I didn't like it.

DocDoBig
08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
The movie was written and directed by M Night Shyamallamadingdong for his kids. If you expected anything from it after hearing that and seeing the previews, that's your fault lol.

As for the new series, tried watching a few episodes when it came out, felt meh. Not sure if I outgrew the series or if this one felt more like a childish cartoon, but I didn't like it.

LoA was bes, I saw the very first episode on the very first date in TV. Was like whoa and got hooked to see what happens next.

Only watched LoK because to see what happened to the old guys. Almost everyone died so smh.

Aracnus
08-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Avatar? Hmm, this brings back some childhood memories. I would get mad if I missed an episode, even played most of the pc games they made for it!

Bless
08-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Finally 9 bars

Spyce
08-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Korra is a girl correct?
I watched like ep. 1 and 2.

DocDoBig
08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Avatar? Hmm, this brings back some childhood memories. I would get mad if I missed an episode, even played most of the pc games they made for it!

Lol I started watching it when I was 11 - still love it, you guys can't beat me in knowledge about Avatar, I know everything.

Y O L O
08-26-2013, 07:40 PM
You guys are missing out, try out:
Attack on Titan
Bleach
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
these anime series are so good I wish I was in it ESPECIALLY ATTACK ON TITAN WOOHOO.

Bless
08-26-2013, 08:12 PM

Lol I started watching it when I was 11 - still love it, you guys can't beat me in knowledge about Avatar, I know everything. enlighten me

TEOKILLO
08-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Finally 9 bars

I wonder who gave u that :D

Bless
08-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Thing is, avatar isnt exactly an anime. Its a fantasy style cartoon with features of animes - avatar is american.

Personally, I dislike the "proper" animes with an exception to naruto. But incase you havent noticed, I dont understand japanese!

xkoolwillx
08-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Attack on Titan
Bleach
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
these anime series are so good I wish I was in it ESPECIALLY ATTACK ON TITAN WOOHOO.
Attack on Titan <3
Kind of wish I could be in it but I kind of don't. Don't want to get eaten by a freaking Titan !

KingFu
08-27-2013, 05:37 AM
Thing is, avatar isnt exactly an anime. Its a fantasy style cartoon with features of animes - avatar is american.

Personally, I dislike the "proper" animes with an exception to naruto. But incase you havent noticed, I dont understand japanese!

4Kids ruins every damn anime they touch though, and I don't even watch anime.

Blind
08-30-2013, 08:22 AM
I remember i was at the movies watching the movie...ahahH the entire theatre was hysterically laughing when them earth benders started chanting and doing those moves. Horrendous movie...

Bless
09-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I remember i was at the movies watching the movie...ahahH the entire theatre was hysterically laughing when them earth benders started chanting and doing those moves. Horrendous movie... A normal reaction to the animated series is NOTHING like that. Its old but always exciting to watch. Like 11 days to go for LoK Book 2.

@Myst Nice to see you wear your AOA shield avatar

KingFu
09-01-2013, 09:21 PM
@Myst Nice to see you wear your AOA shield avatar

AOA? I r GoA!

I miss my bear tho.

DocDoBig
09-02-2013, 03:22 AM
Lel I have Guardian of Arlor Shield.

Bless
09-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Watched ep 1 & 2. Was good although the protagonist was far from the ushe.

Extreme
09-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Lel The Last Air bender Makes me remember of Waldo. ImTLA lel.. Thelonearcherr..

The Greediness
09-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Attack on Titan
Bleach
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Really?
Did we watch different versions? I only saw despair, agony and death.
http://i.imgflip.com/3ryga.jpg (http://imgflip.com/i/3ryga)

Kazillo
09-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Haven't seen Book 2 yet, don't have Nick channel. But I love the crap out of that show.