PDA

View Full Version : What is there to play???

Alfai
08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Dear STS and AL community in general,

I know these have been discussed over and over again and suggestions given to address this issue.i know at some point we get over it and move on and talk again and the cycle repeats itself perhaps until the last days of this game.

However as a player,community,spender and whatever else an AL community can be called i have yet to be comforted that there are steps taken to improve this or at least efforts to show that this matter is being analyzed with proposed solutions to excel the performance of this game that we are meant or intended to enjoy.

LAG is not new.lag is not a crisis,plague or disease.network and connectivity are now enhanced with upgraded technology.from gsm,video calling,3g to mobile internet that keep you connected anywhere.

LAG, from silly jokes and humour is now becoming a serious issue.an annoyance to the internet experience that we are to enjoy.imagine red ping that drops worse than stock exchange and the numbers are somehow smoothly decreasing,screen that freezes and somehow jagged albeit just for a short period,resulting you to see the aftermath-0% green hp bar with the respawn window where 2 options basing on platinums (which you have to buy) are offered.it was funny at first until the following minutes and hours to follow.then you log off as emotion begins to rule your rationale thinking,only to learn that the next day,following days,weeks and months you are struggling to have an enjoyable gaming experience.i am sure the above scenario are felt to date not just by me but others although i do not have the specific numbers of people to share.

I know the facts and harsh reality.the server is hauling its cables and other components inside to manage huge number of players online.players are connected globally tho mobile operators for each country differ in terms of performance and speed but basically having an internet connection.this may not be AL specific issue as other mmo rpgs are experiencing similar thing however AL by far having the most severe ping,consistently and improving but in a completely opposite way.

I am not trying to make silly complaints here as i and the community are aware that STS are making efforts towards improvement everyday while managing our request,complains etc to make this game better.but as the AL average joes i cant help to express my dissapointment when the game crashes etc and hinders perhaps not just me from playing further,or enjoying the play.this game as free as we can choose to play we used real money to spend too for enhanced experience.in the game where plating is crucial for accomplishments and other good freebies,lag just ruin everything.forget elixs that cost you for a "random" good loot where it goes to waste just like that as an example to many others plats engagement activities.the core takeout of fun and enjoyable experience are deteroriating,like a cracking glass that grows wider everyday.the best part when what is ruined is the wholesame experience (time, money, friends who upset) and other elements that i may missed or do not know but mean something to others.this affecting morale,then you start spending lesser and lesser till its no longer the top in mind to do.this is not an exaggerated outcome but basically it will get there soon.

My question is what are the things or updates being done to improve the server performance to date?how does sts collabrate with i.e google or network operators using what i trust an existing chain of networks to provide customer with either a handyplast or cough syrup.trust me when i say STS is the last person i come to talk to.ive checked with my country network operators ,upgrade plans,increase connectivity in various means etc coz technically thats where i feel i should start.but as a normal consumer with limited reach i cant be in touch with all and on bejalf of everyone except for myself.im sure that most are aware of the decreasing ping performance that is worsing everyday.so if we are to do something about it are there updated guides or dedicated technical team that are tasked to provide continuois solutions?

Sorry for such windy note or unnecessary lines that do not help simplify my question or points to make.i admit i am emotionally disturbed due to this continuous bad experience without a clear solution on what to do.i jusy smashed my note to the wall after numerous severe lagging runs, and apart from the battery issues that i have replaced 3 times the device finally broken.i am not putting any blames for my idiotic action nor not aware of personal risk to consider.i just need an assurance that things are being done perhaps with minor details to fix this.

Soundlesskill
08-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Supporting this.

One moment ping is just dandy, next its 10-30k

Or just res and you lag.

Soundlesskill
08-28-2013, 12:17 AM

That happened just like that, yesterday.

Unforgettable
08-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Seriously, it has to be your own private internet connection slowing down immensely from time to time. I used to have a 16mb/s connection (which should be more than enough for a silly online game) and what you described happened to me a couple of times a day despite an otherwise decent ping of around 150.

Then I switched to a different provider, choosing a 50mb/s contract and voilą, I know have that high ping maybe twice a month.

Soundlesskill
08-28-2013, 08:31 AM
We just got a new now... Eh still lag

Unforgettable
08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
How fast is the new connection accordning to your contract/provider? Any numbers?

Samhayne
08-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Seriously, it has to be your own private internet connection slowing down immensely from time to time. I used to have a 16mb/s connection (which should be more than enough for a silly online game) and what you described happened to me a couple of times a day despite an otherwise decent ping of around 150.

Then I switched to a different provider, choosing a 50mb/s contract and voilą, I know have that high ping maybe twice a month.

Unforgettable has some good wisdom in that reply.

You might want to check out this thread by Apollo in the Pocket Legends forums about latency and lag. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98791-Identifying-Symptoms-Why-am-I-lagging

We have 100's of thousands of people logging into Spacetime Games daily, playing and the vast majority of them are not complaining about lag or latency. That points to as issue with your specific connection. It could also be something between your Internet Service Provider and where the servers are. Thank about all of the infrastructure that your data stream goes through to get from where you are to the where the game servers are (hosted on the Amazon Cloud Service on the east coast of the United States).