PDA

View Full Version : Rude Players in PvP

powerlevelz
08-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Getting tired of dealing with rude players on a regular basis and booting for no reason in pvp. Is there any way to fix player booting?

Zapoke
08-27-2013, 03:54 PM
There's a reason this only happens in CTF. There is already a "fix" to the problem, as games no longer maintain a host after they are recreated once. Basically, don't join CTF games! :)

Reunegade
08-27-2013, 03:56 PM
That's just the way it is. I don't support it, but STG can't do anything about it.

XghostzX
08-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Poor part on YW honestly, I always considered him a leader in the end game community.

Spectre
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Poor part on YW honestly, I always considered him a leader in the end game community.

William game was full, he took cheenivivivies spot.

DocDoBig
08-27-2013, 04:34 PM
What, everything's cheen fault?

No cool cheen, no more kids for you this week.

Where's my blue set btw? (Insider joke guys)

imxoriginal
08-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Umm? People have the right to boot if the game is full, learn to take a joke buddy

Cheenivie
08-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Game was full so he booted him big woop and the guy ran into the other teams spawn what do you expect him to do..

XghostzX
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Umm? People have the right to boot if the game is full, learn to take a joke buddy

Relax, not everyone takes things as a joke over internet. Everyone has different levels of sarcasm, especially over pixels...

NotYoCookiez
08-27-2013, 06:34 PM
I think he pressed the wrong button, he said oops

TEOKILLO
08-27-2013, 06:39 PM
At least he didnt say "wow trash"

Z
08-27-2013, 07:45 PM
A simple sorry full is sufficient, problem is ppl feel the need to show off and be "funny" even when my friends do that I lose respect for them

Mothwing
08-27-2013, 08:00 PM
William game was full, he took cheenivivivies spot.

How was Beu supposed to know that...I honestly hate seeing stuff like this, no matter who does it. If you can't take the time to write something mature that gives the person an idea of why you booted him, you shouldn't boot him at all.

EDIT: Ninj'ad :)

Z
08-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Especially considering he had time to kill headshot.

CrimsonTider
08-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Two things and I'm off to bed:

1. YW could have explained a little better. It was a poor lack of judgement on his part.

However....

2. You don't correct a wrong with a wrong. By posting this pic on the forums, you did nothing yourself to better the community so some may say you are being "hypocritical."

Sometimes, you need to remember it is just a game and let it go.

'Night all.

Roberto077
08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Hint: use the /t command to have your revenge.

But, honestly, it was poor judgement as those above said. Also he could've explained better, also said above. I sometimes use the /t command to find out if there is actually a good reason, and if they respond "yippedy-ka-doo-dah" then a hit the "ignore" button.

Not Nick41324
08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Getting tired of dealing with rude players on a regular basis and booting for no reason in pvp. Is there any way to fix player booting?

Sts, can you please find world peace while you're at it?

Thanks in advance.

TEOKILLO
08-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Hehe you nvr know who takes screenshots and posts on the forums

Zentry
08-27-2013, 11:52 PM
I remember when azichibed used to boot ppl like crazy
Like when 'Hot' rushed him he'd boot him saying Cold.
I totally rushed him once after he called me trash

The Sadness
08-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Is there any way to fix player booting?
Host.

Cheenivie
08-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Hint: use the /t command to have your revenge.

But, honestly, it was poor judgement as those above said. Also he could've explained better, also said above. I sometimes use the /t command to find out if there is actually a good reason, and if they respond "yippedy-ka-doo-dah" then a hit the "ignore" button.

He did he pmed yw "Posting on forums and reporting you for booting me"

angeldawn
08-28-2013, 08:00 AM
You all should stop judging Yw. We don't know the complete story. We don't know if he told this person in game that the game was full and the person may have refused to leave. Which happens all the time.

There are so many worse things happening in game. I can't believe this is what gets posted on the forum. Lol

Gragorak
08-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Lol, booting is allowed. Case closed.

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
08-28-2013, 09:09 AM
I like pie
Ps: Detlz's booting system is better. Gf

Zentry
08-28-2013, 09:57 AM
I like PvP. Once I killed a pro fbow bird with 1000+ kills naked. Lol

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
08-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I like PvP. Once I killed a pro fbow bird with 1000+ kills naked. Lol

Lol

Roberto077
08-28-2013, 10:43 AM
You all should stop judging Yw. We don't know the complete story. We don't know if he told this person in game that the game was full and the person may have refused to leave. Which happens all the time.

There are so many worse things happening in game. I can't believe this is what gets posted on the forum. Lol

Harassment and greifing is one of the worst. The only worse thing I can think of is scamming which can also go under the category of greifing.

The best solution to the booting problem is a boot vote so everyone in the match can decide, and while I know this won't completely solve the issue, it will stop some of it.

Booting is aloud, but booting for no good reason is trolling (greifing) for a lot of people.

Hahahahabirdy
08-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Harassment and greifing is one of the worst. The only worse thing I can think of is scamming which can also go under the category of greifing.

The best solution to the booting problem is a boot vote so everyone in the match can decide, and while I know this won't completely solve the issue, it will stop some of it.

Booting is aloud, but booting for no good reason is trolling (greifing) for a lot of people.

You classify booting someone in a ctf match harassment and griefing? Stop acting like yw committed one of the eternal sins, he booted someone in a ctf game that was already full. It was his game and therefore his right to boot, so why is booting someone out of it harassment? Try to find one person who hasn't booted someone else, as I highly doubt you will find any. What is the difference between typing "cough cough oops" and "sorry full", the person is booted either way. As previously stated by someone, I don't remember who, he entered the spawn area, so wouldn't that classify as harassment/griefing as well?

Spectre
08-28-2013, 12:23 PM
^Wise words

dudetus
08-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Lets just all agree that it was cheen's fault :)

Roberto077
08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
You classify booting someone in a ctf match harassment and griefing? Stop acting like yw committed one of the eternal sins, he booted someone in a ctf game that was already full. It was his game and therefore his right to boot, so why is booting someone out of it harassment? Try to find one person who hasn't booted someone else, as I highly doubt you will find any. What is the difference between typing "cough cough oops" and "sorry full", the person is booted either way. As previously stated by someone, I don't remember who, he entered the spawn area, so wouldn't that classify as harassment/griefing as well?

It's only greifing/harassment to SOME people when they are booted for NO GOOD REASON. Telling someone the truth is better than acting like a child and typing some stupid phrase that could possibly harm others.

What he failed to understand is that there is a difference between 'cough cough oops' and 'sorry, the game is full' one is childish and rude while the other is polite and acceptable. It's by definition that being rude can insult or hurt others, and forcing someone out of a possible good time (without an honest reason) is rude; therefore, in some circumstances, booting can, not always, be a part of trollish behavior.

To answer you're last question, it's only harassment/greifing if directed towards a person/people to ruin or worsen the gameplay experience of another person.

Sure, let's go with that.

DocDoBig
08-28-2013, 03:23 PM

Steal my Joke moar. :sorrow:

DoesntEveryoneTellLiez
08-28-2013, 03:30 PM
It's only greifing/harassment to SOME people when they are booted for NO GOOD REASON. Telling someone the truth is better than acting like a child and typing some stupid phrase that could possibly harm others.

What he failed to understand is that there is a difference between 'cough cough oops' and 'sorry, the game is full' one is childish and rude while the other is polite and acceptable. It's by definition that being rude can insult or hurt others, and forcing someone out of a possible good time (without an honest reason) is rude; therefore, in some circumstances, booting can, not always, be a part of trollish behavior.

To answer you're last question, it's only harassment/greifing if directed towards a person/people to ruin or worsen the gameplay experience of another person.

Sure, let's go with that.

I agree with you. Feels like Rated. M isnt M enough.

CrimsonTider
08-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Such drama over something so simple. What just about everyone in the thread fails to realize is neither handled the situation appropriately. Could YW handled it differently? Yes. Did he break ToS? Most certainly not. Does this reflect his character or what Rated M stands for? Kids, please. Is the OP in the right? Nope. Is the OP breaking ToS by posting the screen? Yep.

Does it all matter a hill of beans? No.

As I said in my other overlooked post: It is a game. I get booted all the time. Sometimes it is rude. Join another, host your own.... MOVE ON.

billybob1
08-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Does it all matter a hill of beans? No

i dun get it :(

Cheenivie
08-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Sorry Rob but you can't just go around and say stuff like that without knowing what happened... And btw it was Fires spot that was taken. What happened is this guy joined the game Yw asked him to leave and all this guy did was run to the spawn and as you can see in the pic he killed headshot and then 'yw booted him. Yw had the right to boot him and the bear shouldnt play innocent cause he knows what happened.

Roberto077
08-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Sorry Rob but you can't just go around and say stuff like that without knowing what happened... And btw it was Fires spot that was taken. What happened is this guy joined the game Yw asked him to leave and all this guy did was run to the spawn and as you can see in the pic he killed headshot and then 'yw booted him. Yw had the right to boot him and the bear shouldnt play innocent cause he knows what happened.

Thanks for the information, but that post was mainly focused on a larger thing of booting people for no good reason. I have known Yw for a while and know there had to be something we weren't informed of.

EDIT: Would this be a thread in need of locking? I'm not requesting it just yet because I'm not 100% sure if it falls under the lock category since the locks have been a bit more random as of lately.

NotYoCookiez
08-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Rob you have some good points, sad that not as much people understand what you are trying to say and mistaking it for something else.

Roberto077
08-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Rob you have some good points, sad that not as much people understand what you are trying to say and mistaking it for something else.

Manners seem to be a lost teaching these days.

bglir
08-28-2013, 05:46 PM
i host ctf nearly everyday and 60% of the time, i will boot if i see didn't fit my rules and manners of play, and i even boot anyone even my own friends if there using bad words or middle finger ASCII pics, reasons? my kids always likes to watch me play ctf and i don't like it when they see that, as for my boot reasons words, yw is far better than my boot reasons words:apthy:.

Mothwing
08-28-2013, 05:53 PM
my kids always likes to watch me play ctf.

That's sick :D Maybe they'll be pros some day like you xD

Waug
08-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Pointless thread, its the minimal rudeness one can face in game, but the point is, this kinda threads suits players like beuwar as oppose to hypocrits all over the game.

for those who somehow trying to compare him azici....., I would say haven't seen "clean" pvpers such as leegun.., cloud.. perhaps beu also fall in this category.

Zentry
08-29-2013, 03:46 AM
Baby pros

CrimsonTider
08-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Pointless thread, its the minimal rudeness one can face in game, but the point is, this kinda threads suits players like beuwar as oppose to hypocrits all over the game.

for those who somehow trying to compare him azici....., I would say haven't seen "clean" pvpers such as leegun.., cloud.. perhaps beu also fall in this category.

Are you saying there is no such person who is a clean, respectful PvP'er? I can name several.

dudetus
08-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Are you saying there is no such person who is a clean, respectful PvP'er? I can name several.

Like me :)

angeldawn
08-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the information, but that post was mainly focused on a larger thing of booting people for no good reason. I have known Yw for a while and know there had to be something we weren't informed of.

EDIT: Would this be a thread in need of locking? I'm not requesting it just yet because I'm not 100% sure if it falls under the lock category since the locks have been a bit more random as of lately.

All along ppl were saying the game was full and that's why he was booted. Stop ignoring what ppl say. Booting because a game is full is a valid reason.

Booted cuz u spawned is even a more valid reason.

Revealing
08-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Like me :)

Who u? Idk who are u? May I stalk u?
Never heard of u bro.Only know a guy called dudetus who has a too n called ninja

^^ was a joke

Back to topic :)
Booting is allowed but I agree abut with rob he should have sed game full sorry or something similar it is not our decision you gotta accept it

Ps:Was there a point in making this thread

Roberto077
08-29-2013, 03:04 PM
All along ppl were saying the game was full and that's why he was booted. Stop ignoring what ppl say. Booting because a game is full is a valid reason.

Booted cuz u spawned is even a more valid reason.

You didn't read my post.

The Sadness
08-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Next time I boot with with a rude/sarcastic comment, I hope someone makes a thread about me.

dudetus
08-30-2013, 07:29 AM
The stuff I use to boot:

"Is this the boot button?"
"Mommy is doing my laundry"
"Look it's spiderman!"

And everything else which pops into my mind :)

The Happiness
08-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Next time I boot with with a rude/sarcastic comment, I hope someone makes a thread about me.

It'll probably be me you boot and I will make a thread about it ;P

Thrall Wire
08-30-2013, 08:29 AM
It'll probably be me you boot and I will make a thread about it ;P

wow...

Blind
08-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Please do.

CrimsonTider
08-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Please do.

Ok. I will start with myself. Yes, I don't put up with some of the ignorance, but I am not rude.

Here is a short list since I am at work:

Flacs, Bglir, Dolloway (I don't think he knows how to speak. :p), Stevenmc, Cheen, Nobounds, Perf, Angel...

Again, we all have our "limits" with rude, obnoxious players, but these, and others, are clean and respectful. I don't think my opinion is flawed or biased as I am not "friends" with everyone on the list. These are based on observations and what I hear in game and on forums.

Blind
08-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Ok. I will start with myself. Yes, I don't put up with some of the ignorance, but I am not rude.

Here is a short list since I am at work:

Flacs, Bglir, Dolloway (I don't think he knows how to speak. :p), Stevenmc, Cheen, Nobounds, Perf, Angel...

Again, we all have our "limits" with rude, obnoxious players, but these, and others, are clean and respectful. I don't think my opinion is flawed or biased as I am not "friends" with everyone on the list. These are based on observations and what I hear in game and on forums.
Even though legendfb's post made little since to me, plus idk the players that he mentioned, but if you say that he implied that there are no clean pvp players, i agree with him.

CrimsonTider
08-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Even though legendfb's post made little since to me, plus idk the players that he mentioned, but if you say that he implied that there are no clean pvp players, i agree with him.

So you are saying I am not a clean player when you say that? I ask you to provide proof of me, or anyone else you want to point the finger at, or realize what you are saying is based on nothing but rumors. Coming from someone who plays everyday vs. someone who quits every few months for long periods of time, I think I know what I am talking about.

Anything else, Alan, needs to be pm'ed to me.

Ywforplaying_RM
08-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Since this subject is about me, I thought I should be the one defending myself. So here it goes, two things first off a guild went to change toon, 2nd off he ran into opposite teams spawn and killed one of the guys. So I ask you all would you be nice when you booted? No you wouldn't. Most likely you would of said trash. Instead I was a bit nicer. Now for anyone who knows me in game would tell you that I always play fair. And have a pretty good cool. I don't rage or spawn unless in defense. So I don't appreciate rushing bears calling me rude because I didn't let him spawn. To tell you the truth guys I'm shocked that you would even believe him for a sec. Have fun and you peeps always know where to find me. Ctf 4 life

powerlevelz
08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Since this subject is about me, I thought I should be the one defending myself. So here it goes, two things first off a guild went to change toon, 2nd off he ran into opposite teams spawn and killed one of the guys. So I ask you all would you be nice when you booted? No you wouldn't. Most likely you would of said trash. Instead I was a bit nicer. Now for anyone who knows me in game would tell you that I always play fair. And have a pretty good cool. I don't rage or spawn unless in defense. So I don't appreciate rushing bears calling me rude because I didn't let him spawn. To tell you the truth guys I'm shocked that you would even believe him for a sec. Have fun and you peeps always know where to find me. Ctf 4 life

I joined the game and bear stomped and killed Headshot near my flag room. I was only in the game for about 4 seconds before you booted me. Stop making things up.

angeldawn
08-30-2013, 01:46 PM
The only purpose of this thread is to create drama and to get some sort of vengeance on Yw for booting u.

It's time to let this thread die, the OP doesn't need any more attention.

Getting booted isn't the end if the world. Time to move on with your life :D

Spectre
08-30-2013, 01:52 PM
This thread should be locked already...

powerlevelz
08-30-2013, 02:39 PM
The only purpose of this thread is to create drama and to get some sort of vengeance on Yw for booting u.

It's time to let this thread die, the OP doesn't need any more attention.

Getting booted isn't the end if the world. Time to move on with your life :D

Not about getting attention, its about letting the pocket legends community know whos booting which a form of greifing and finding ways to stop it. You don't have to comment.

Spectre
08-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Not about getting attention, its about letting the pocket legends community know whos booting which a form of greifing and finding ways to stop it. You don't have to comment.

As everyone already said - nobody needs drama here on forums.

Seriously bud, you just got booted and you making thread because of that? Just forget it and find another game... Or host your own one. People boot each other from hundreds of games and nobody making so much drama.

And yw had reason booting you. You went to kill us while we weren't playing that's first reason, second one - game was full. Just forget it and move on.

Next time just host your own game and enjoy PvP.

CrimsonTider
08-30-2013, 02:47 PM

The boot button is there for a reason. Just because you were booted doesn't mean you were "grieved." Please stop making it out to be more than what it is. He didn't even say anything derogatory. Move on.

And btw, if you weren't seeking attention, you would not have made this thread. Also, before you accuse me of taking sides, go back and read my posts. You both could have handled things better and now you are becoming rude and attacking everyone because you aren't getting the attention YOU think you deserve.

Let.... it..... go.

powerlevelz
08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
As everyone already said - nobody needs drama here on forums.

Seriously bud, you just got booted and you making thread because of that? Just forget it and find another game... Or host your own one. People boot each other from hundreds of games and nobody making so much drama.

And yw had reason booting you. You went to kill us while we weren't playing that's first reason, second one - game was full. Just forget it and move on.

Next time just host your own game and enjoy PvP.

He had no reason boot me rudely, hes lying and so are you if you agree. But it doesn't matter, they can lock the thread lol. At least we know who boots and we had a constructive discussion :chuncky:

powerlevelz
08-30-2013, 02:55 PM
The boot button is there for a reason. Just because you were booted doesn't mean you were "grieved." Please stop making it out to be more than what it is. He didn't even say anything derogatory. Move on.

And btw, if you weren't seeking attention, you would not have made this thread. Also, before you accuse me of taking sides, go back and read my posts. You both could have handled things better and now you are becoming rude and attacking everyone because you aren't getting the attention YOU think you deserve.

Let.... it..... go.

Again the point of the thread is to inform the pocket legends community and discuss booting, not seek attention. If that were the case every forum post would be to seek attention.

Spectre
08-30-2013, 02:59 PM
He had no reason boot me rudely, hes lying and so are you if you agree. But it doesn't matter, they can lock the thread lol. At least we know who boots and we had a constructive discussion :chuncky:

Rudely? I think you have never seen azichiabed. His boots were really boot. And nick just booted you with reason "Cough cough".

How is it rude? I would understand if he booted you with reason "Wow trash", then it would be rude. But he never did it.

Cheenivie
08-30-2013, 03:42 PM

This isn't a constructive discussion... You called someone out on the forums (against the ToS) for booting you for a valid reason (not against the ToS). You are being very childish and tbh you are making yourself look bad making up excuses... Next time if you really think it's against the ToS report and move on tho I highly doubt anything would happen if it's the same scenario as this.

angeldawn
08-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Again the point of the thread is to inform the pocket legends community and discuss booting, not seek attention. If that were the case every forum post would be to seek attention.

If it wasn't about attention and seeking vengeance, why did break ToS and post screen shots containing his name??? One could think this thread is leaning towards harassment towards Yw.

The comment in your boot was so innocent. If it really hurt your feelings then PL PVP and CTF isn't for you. There are so many worse things in the world.

Put your girl panties on, accept your boot like man, move on and have a great day!!! :-D

CrimsonTider
08-30-2013, 06:27 PM

There is a difference between bringing attention for informational purposes and attention for personal gains. It is clear you have an agenda and choose to not listen to reason. For this thread to be only about discussion, you would not have included pictures and made the discussion generalized.

Suentous PO
08-30-2013, 07:19 PM
When I get worked up in a game I remind myself what life is like many other parts of the world, and know I live a privilaged life where I have a lot to be thankfull of.
To put it in Internet vernacular,

First world problems -.-

billybob1
08-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Put your girl panties on, accept your boot like man, move on and have a great day!!! :-D

lulz...thnx hunn for givin me a good chuckle!!

Sheugokin
08-30-2013, 08:09 PM
IMO, How did one page turn into four. Plus, Beuwar, if you cannot let this specific topic go, I'm not sure how you are going to deal with the impediments in life. If you are going to grieve (note the way I spelled it..."i" before "e" except after "c") this much, then boy IDK what to say.

And Crimson is right. You are drawing negative attention and you are being notorious whiner. I remember clearly when you still had the limbchopper set and was owned by fully equipped 76s.

Is this your revenge on the community?

Blind
08-30-2013, 08:26 PM
So you are saying I am not a clean player when you say that? I ask you to provide proof of me, or anyone else you want to point the finger at, or realize what you are saying is based on nothing but rumors. Coming from someone who plays everyday vs. someone who quits every few months for long periods of time, I think I know what I am talking about.

Anything else, Alan, needs to be pm'ed to me.
Bryan, never said anything against you particularly and i think in this case, pvp wise, i know about the players a bit more than you do.

What you say is based on rumours. And thought i did actually quit many times for long periods of time and i haven't played in 7-8 months already. But i'm the guy with 44k ctf kills on the bird alone, not you.

Not gonna say anything bad about the players you listed. But believe me, i've seen them all in different circumstances. In case you don't know, i changed names few times, i also played on different classes without any of them and all other players knowing me.

This argument is over. And no i'm not going to pm anyone, anything about any players.

Delphina
08-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Time to lock this one up... Thread closed. Please don't call out other players on the forums. Thanks!