PDA

View Full Version : About hooks in expansion

Terracio
08-28-2013, 01:05 AM
If they won't upgrade (as everything is pointing towards) I think they shouldn't drop from locked crate anymore.

They will still be an arcane item (and I cannot fathom why a game called Arcane Legends would let 'arcane' level items degrade/devalue as such) so basically they will still be mega rare finds.

However without any sort of upgrade (miniscule as it is) we can assume their value will vastly drop. So now paint this scenario here you are gving the developers your money using platinum to open crates when lady luck smiles upon you and you see those beautiful red letters only to read "Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks".

Oh noes! From all the luck you used up to get that, possibly cutting your life a few years short in the process, what you get is an item that is pretty much considered useless while the rest of the possible arcane drops are possibly still possibly viable, in demand or at the very least worth a pretty penny.

So yea, if they won't be updated that's fine but just leave them neglected to Elite Pirate chests then, don't want to use up platinum to possibly end up with a useless item.

Energizeric
08-28-2013, 02:32 AM
This is an interesting discussion in that you are assuming you know the mechanics of the locked crates drop schedule. You are assuming that first there is a roll of the dice and it is determined which color rarity you get, and then it rolls the dice again to determine which item of that color rarity you get. If that is indeed how it works, then what you request makes lots of sense.

However, maybe each item has its own separate chance of dropping. If that is the case then eliminating a certain Arcane item will not increase your chances of getting any other Arcane item.

I'm not sure exactly how the drops are determined, but I think it's the latter. Here is why.... If the first method was used, then as more and more Arcane items get released (there will be 6 now: 3 weapons and 3 pets), then the chance to get each individual item will decline. But I don't see that happening. I see just as many (if not more) Mauls out there as I saw Hooks in season 3, which leads me to believe that the chances of getting a Maul in season 4 (when 4 Arcane items were available) were the same as the chances of getting Hooks in season 3 (when only 2 Arcane items were available).

So if I am correct, we would be better off leaving hooks in the crates as the alternative would not be to get a different Arcane item but instead you would get a non-Arcane item.

Venom
08-28-2013, 06:20 AM
How many different accounts are you going to make just to push this request? Just because you bought up hooks and prices seem to be dropping and you would like to have monopoly in order to make profit? Hooks are arcane rarity item, Helms are mythic, both lvl 26. Do you want helms to be discontinued from crates too? Have you thought about the players who choose to stay at 26 for a while? They pay the same amount of cash as others to buy plat and open crates. Don't they deserve their helms and hooks if they want? Do you expect them to buy Elite pirate chests at ridiculous prices? Oh wait, spend lot more to buy hooks from you! Later when everything gets sold out, make new threads asking to add hooks again as there are very less amount of hooks.

Rare
08-28-2013, 07:19 AM
I agree for sure. If the item is obsolete, it should be removed. Either that, or create a new crate.

They should still drop from elite golden pirate chests.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

wvhills
08-28-2013, 08:57 AM
This is an interesting discussion in that you are assuming you know the mechanics of the locked crates drop schedule. You are assuming that first there is a roll of the dice and it is determined which color rarity you get, and then it rolls the dice again to determine which item of that color rarity you get. If that is indeed how it works, then what you request makes lots of sense.

However, maybe each item has its own separate chance of dropping. If that is the case then eliminating a certain Arcane item will not increase your chances of getting any other Arcane item.

I'm not sure exactly how the drops are determined, but I think it's the latter. Here is why.... If the first method was used, then as more and more Arcane items get released (there will be 6 now: 3 weapons and 3 pets), then the chance to get each individual item will decline. But I don't see that happening. I see just as many (if not more) Mauls out there as I saw Hooks in season 3, which leads me to believe that the chances of getting a Maul in season 4 (when 4 Arcane items were available) were the same as the chances of getting Hooks in season 3 (when only 2 Arcane items were available).

So if I am correct, we would be better off leaving hooks in the crates as the alternative would not be to get a different Arcane item but instead you would get a non-Arcane item.

i'm pretty sure the part about using up luck was sarcasm. The main point of his post is why leave level 26 arcane hooks in crates when most players won't be using them even if they do get them? There may be a small market for them for pvp twinks but the value def will go down. I agree that they should be taken out of crates. mythic helms and armors are able to be upgraded in the upcoming season so they will still have value so i don't see a problem with leaving those in.

drgrimmy
08-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Don't take them out. As energizeric mentioned we don't know what the drop table for crates are. Just because you got hooks does not necessarily mean you would have got a different arcane if they were not in the drop table. Isn't it better getting hooks rather than getting worthless pinks or 2k gold. If they were ever to be taken out of the crates I think the most reasonable time would be when the new rogue arcane weapon comes out (presumably season 6).

Rare
08-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Don't take them out. As energizeric mentioned we don't know what the drop table for crates are. Just because you got hooks does not necessarily mean you would have got a different arcane if they were not in the drop table. Isn't it better getting hooks rather than getting worthless pinks or 2k gold. If they were ever to be taken out of the crates I think the most reasonable time would be when the new rogue arcane weapon comes out (presumably season 6).

By the same token, we do not know this to be true either. The argument can't be made either way based on that.

So, in my humble opinion, if it is not going to be buffed and will not be the best daggers for end game, they should be removed. Just my opinion :)