PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions about what equipment to keep and what to sell.

borix
08-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello all, I just started playing AL and I am quite hooked already. I am reading the forum for info but did not find the answer to my questions about what equipment is best to keep (to try and sell in one of the Auction places) or sell directly for a few gold.

Every now and then I try to travel from one place to another and I get the message I cannot do this because my inventory is full. So I quickly sell what I think is not so good equipment but I really have no idea if it might be better to sell in auction.

I do not need to know what specific items are valuable but some tips on what to look out for is very welcome.

For example what do the colors mean? I believe green is rare and purple is epic? So is epic any good?
I get different levels of equipment. Is only lvl 31 good or can lower lvl stuff be sold also?

I only have one Auction slot so I will not be able to do heavy trading. I am also trying to learn by looking at the prices but this will take a lot of time. Also I see people selling stuff for 200 while putting it in auction costs 100 or so (did that now 2 times - never sold anything).

So anyway enough babbling. My point is what should I look out for in equipment before I simply sell it for a few gold?
Thank you.

gison
08-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Arcane > Mythic > Legendary > Epic > Rare > Common.

Try to copy/paste what you're selling and put it on chat.
You don't really need auction to Merch, because most of the prices there are OP.

Alhuntrazeck
08-28-2013, 09:29 AM
You should look for pink (legendary) stuff. Then slowly push your way up to orange (mythic) and red (arcane). Liquidate anything below than pink you don't use.

If you want to know what KIND of gear to wear, it would help if you told us your class and lvl.

Spyce
08-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Anything below a Pink is trash.

DocDoBig
08-28-2013, 09:50 AM

What about naked (on Warriors and Rogues) ? ;)

Spyce
08-28-2013, 09:53 AM
What about naked (on Warriors and Rogues) ? ;)

Still trash! ;)

borix
08-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I am a Sorcerer lvl 20 atm. I am normally selling everything not for a sorcerer unless it looks interesting (up till now meaning purple, 'high' lvl, 'high' stats). I think I only have 1 Legendary item.

I will probably start selling cheap/donating some fairly interesting stuff to lower levels and then selling the rest. So I need to remember pink/orange/red... do not sell pink/orange/red...do not sell pink/orange/red...

Alhuntrazeck
08-28-2013, 10:58 AM
I am a Sorcerer lvl 20 atm. I am normally selling everything not for a sorcerer unless it looks interesting (up till now meaning purple, 'high' lvl, 'high' stats). I think I only have 1 Legendary item.

I will probably start selling cheap/donating some fairly interesting stuff to lower levels and then selling the rest. So I need to remember pink/orange/red... do not sell pink/orange/red...do not sell pink/orange/red...

Do remember the best legendary stuff for your class will be priced at a lot. So look out for pinks on the cs that are cheap but still increase your stats!

Venom
08-28-2013, 11:02 AM

My Rare and Epic Heraldics cost more than Mythics :)

Venom
08-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Try to check your legendary items names in auction, see what price they are selling for.. Always remember this: Mighty for Warrior, Agile for Rogue, Clever for Sorcerer. <- Those items are usually more valuable. There are few epic items which cost 20-200k, doubt you would come across them but you will get used to the item names once you start checking auction more. Pink/Legendary items sell in auction or just shout in chat while you are in a town. Also, good idea to cross check prices before you buy from any shouters. One more thing, lower level items may actually cost more than higher level items as people choose to twink at lower levels. Hope this helps.

Hectororius
08-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Twink items would still be anything legendary and above right?

Insomniack
08-28-2013, 09:21 PM
One more tip, if you come across low level epic rings and amulets that grant damage stats, even if they are epic (blue) try to check cs prices on them, because many of those are actually pretty valuable, especially for low level new players. Some of them will cover your pot costs for few days.. ;)

kurd4ever
08-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Whats your AL ign ?

I ill help you to get some nice gear :)