PDA

View Full Version : 2013-08-29 Content Update (128792)

H2N
08-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Adventure to the Realm of Shadows: Shuyal! Characters who have finished the Gleipnir quest please visit the Nordr Stronghold to enter.
Level cap raised to 36.
New Pets in the Stable.
New Bundle in the Store.
Sorcerer Arcane Staff can rarely be found in Elite Gold Puzzleboxes and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.
Once characters with a Mythic Helm and Mythic Armor obtain level 36 they can embark on the quest for a new set of Mythic Gear.
Only Shuyal Elite zones drop level 36 elite gear. Level 35 gear can be found in Nordr Elite zones. Kraken Elite zones cap at 30.
Realm of Shadows zones have the best bonus exp for high-leveling. Nordr xp bonus has moved to Shuyal zones.
Level 32 and above Epic rarity items are on a higher power scale than Epics have been previously.
Fixed shadow veil particle effect so it can't be left behind and live on forever.
Slightly lowered how much damage all three classes take in PvP, to make the battles last longer and be more interesting. Feedback on this change is very welcome!
Chests and barrels etc. found on the ground in the Realm of Shadows will have a higher gold output and bigger chance of potion drops than in other zones.
Added special 'Archon' rings to some of the tougher minions in Elite Shuyal dungeons.

Yashdiablo
08-29-2013, 04:49 PM
woohoo ;)

Kjeldran
First

Lol second

Guildarts
Awesome

LOL THIS IS MY FIRST TIME REPLYING IN THE TOP 3

Ofaanacan
08-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Forth ;)

Kuragasi
08-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Yay!

drgrimmy
08-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Woot

iluvataris
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Another step in the right derection.
Great job stg we appreciate it!

DocDoBig
08-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Woot, have fun in S-5 guys!

Zanpakuto
08-29-2013, 04:59 PM
awesome!!! but sadly can't play tonight :(

Limsi
08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Ah season 5!

Takaii
08-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Omg finally!!

Insomniack
08-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Finally!!! :) I like soooooooo much all of these changes and stuff coming into AL! Respect guys. Tnx STS for doing hell of a work! Keep it up and let's roll into Shuyal! :)

gundamsone
08-29-2013, 05:03 PM
O.o

Prahasit Prahi
08-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Yay

Roberto077
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
lololol happiness :)

Nature
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Can't wait :)

Rtzzz
08-29-2013, 05:05 PM
How long will update take?

Dantezeltta
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
wow :O

Venom
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Finally.. Amazing job XD

xcainnblecterx
08-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Awww i havent finished.glip yet

Mr.Reco
08-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Can't wait to start to lvling to 36 YAY ! Finally! =)

Aserockon
08-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Finally :)

jhopper
08-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Woot woot!!!!!'

Aprove
08-29-2013, 05:11 PM
are there new vanities in the update??

Carapace
08-29-2013, 05:13 PM
are there new vanities in the update??

New Nordr Guardian vanities, they're particularly cool!

Alrisaia
08-29-2013, 05:13 PM
here we go

Dlanor
08-29-2013, 05:14 PM
POW!!!

Taejo
08-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Chests and barrels etc. found on the ground in the Realm of Shadows will have a higher gold output and bigger chance of potion drops than in other zones.

Seriously, this is the best update note aside from the new campaign. Thanks for listening to our feedback! Excellent job, STS.

Samdegreat
08-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Haha less damage in pvp, sounds good for sorcerers, less one shot kills of rogues, doesn't really affect warriors, mainly rogues...

Should be interesting!

Ninjasmurf
08-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Yess!! Finally xD

WoofCookie
08-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Awesome! I want the Staff...and I want it NOW!

HumbleSage
08-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Done. I win. Boy that was a fast Season

jk :)

Aekif
08-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Quite excited for the new vanities and mythic upgrade questline.

Wonder what will be in the new bundle.

Energizeric
08-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Slightly lowered how much damage all three classes take in PvP, to make the battles last longer and be more interesting. Feedback on this change is very welcome!

Just a comment on this item..... I think this is a welcome change for sorcerers and rogues, but warriors already are almost impossible to kill. A warrior vs warrior battle will take forever. How about this for an alternative idea....

Do this change only for rogues and mages, and for warriors instead increase their damage output by the same proportional amount that you are lowering the damage taken by mages and sorcerers.

Chauakai
08-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Haha less damage in pvp, sounds good for sorcerers, less one shot kills of rogues, doesn't really affect warriors, mainly rogues...

Should be interesting!

Haha! My rouge Photomac can still kill you Sam in pvp. Bring it on buddy! Lol!

Sakurakixazz
08-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Yess awesome stg =) =) thanx tons...lets.goooo

DocDoBig
08-29-2013, 05:20 PM
S) 'Archon' rings of Shuyal - 80m

Taejo
08-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Just a comment on this item..... I think this is a welcome change for sorcerers and rogues, but warriors already are almost impossible to kill. A warrior vs warrior battle will take forever. How about this for an alternative idea....

Do this change only for rogues and mages, and for warriors instead increase their damage output by the same proportional amount that you are lowering the damage taken by mages and sorcerers.

Let's try it out first. Who knows, maybe warriors with full L36 mythic and whatever legendary weapons are available will do enough damage. We have to play the game first before suggesting "fixes" to this.

Obi
08-29-2013, 05:22 PM
potions drops? ;)

Zanpakuto
server is down :(

Bootdaddy
Let the grinders begin

Conquered
08-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Woot!

Slardz
Anyways what is the next color of Level cap banner? :D

HumbleSage
- Slightly lowered how much damage all three classes take in PvP, to make the battles last longer and be more interesting. Feedback on this change is very welcome!

Very interested in this myself, after some feedback, maybe I will give this a try. :)

Ladyluna2
08-29-2013, 05:24 PM
oppa gangnam style!!! GJ sts

xXz21
08-29-2013, 05:25 PM
gogog downloading!

Slcinuup
08-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Yay!

Szaniuski
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Awesome, see you

Mrmalibog
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Malaysian flag banner on expansion??? Haha, ARAMAITI!!!

Daxxxer
08-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Sweet! Guess, another sleepless night is ahead ;)

Theonetohate
08-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Adventure to the Realm of Shadows: Shuyal! Characters who have finished the Gleipnir quest please visit the Nordr Stronghold to enter.
Level cap raised to 36.
New Pets in the Stable.
New Bundle in the Store.
Sorcerer Arcane Staff can rarely be found in Elite Gold Puzzleboxes and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.
Once characters with a Mythic Helm and Mythic Armor obtain level 36 they can embark on the quest for a new set of Mythic Gear.
Only Shuyal Elite zones drop level 36 elite gear. Level 35 gear can be found in Nordr Elite zones. Kraken Elite zones cap at 30.
Realm of Shadows zones have the best bonus exp for high-leveling. Nordr xp bonus has moved to Shuyal zones.
Level 32 and above Epic rarity items are on a higher power scale than Epics have been previously.
Fixed shadow veil particle effect so it can't be left behind and live on forever.
Added special 'Archon' rings to some of the tougher minions in Elite Shuyal dungeons.

That's what's up!!

Carapace
08-29-2013, 05:35 PM

It's an initial pass, and feedback is encouraged as more people PvP. Be sure to drop a line the PvP feedback forums as you play!

H2N
08-29-2013, 05:38 PM
We need to bring the server down to switch the season. We captured the season 4 winners when the server was down. In the excitement, we forgot to switch over to season 5. Apologies.

Obi
08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
almost killed first boss....

Aekif
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
We need to bring the server down to switch the season. We captured the season 4 winners when the server was down. In the excitement, we forgot to switch over to season 5. Apologies.

It's okay, we managed to kill first boss with like 30 seconds left to go. haha :D

Slardz
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Hahaha So excited haha Its okay

Morholt
08-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Same...lol Had him down to a sliver. :/
At work and phone battery is about to die. Can't play for another four hours...four hours of eternity.

As for PvP, I would consider the way damage was calculated in Diablo 2. Damage dealt is 1/6 of what it normally is in non-pvp. Sadly, AL uses defense differently and it reduces damage taken, so the calculations may be weird.

Should entirely consider the way defense & dodge & damage works.

Higher defense lowers chance to be hit.
Dodge chance is rolled after defense is rolled.
Add an attack rating accuracy thing, which is what calculates against defense.
Physical attacks go by accuracy. Magic & poison & such don't.

Argyros
08-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Cool, a new cap. ^^

Spyce
08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Sweet!

Extreme
08-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Yey! Awsome

jdoggy
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Guys ive had the gleipnir amulet lvl 25 before but when i reached 30 i didnt think i would need it and i liquidated it, now there r no quests for me to get in but im unable to get in. Seer hox tells me to get gleipnir aswell

Myodda
08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
wew finally

Bebsi
08-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Lags so much, u can hardly play :/
Hope it gets better.

Thx for update :)

u___
08-29-2013, 07:07 PM
When you click the Mage with the Potion sign in his head the speech bubble is like running away i dont know if.its meant like that (in the new shuyal city)

Carapace
08-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Guys ive had the gleipnir amulet lvl 25 before but when i reached 30 i didnt think i would need it and i liquidated it, now there r no quests for me to get in but im unable to get in. Seer hox tells me to get gleipnir aswell

Put a request in with customer support as the conditions only care about completing the quest, and not owning the item itself.

rafakh
08-29-2013, 07:50 PM
I cant find this quest where is it???

killbforkilldorshiech
08-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Where's the quest to enter shuyal? (I haven't done ANY nordr quests)

Amshara
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I've killed Ferrix 2x now and still haven't gotten the AP. Both times I had the killshot. No one else in my party got the AP either and several people in my guild have mentioned the same issue. I submitted a support ticket w/ a screenshot already, but can you please verify and award AP?

The other issue I've noticed is that aimed shot/nox/reg arrows are not aiming properly on rogues. Could be a lag issue, but it's very frustrating.

Thanks devs, besides these minor points so far the expansion is awesome!

sherentsoj
08-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Level cap raised to 36.
New Pets in the Stable.
New Bundle in the Store.

This what i'm waiting for Thanx H2N lvl up now

Carapace
08-29-2013, 11:03 PM
I've killed Ferrix 2x now and still haven't gotten the AP. Both times I had the killshot. No one else in my party got the AP either and several people in my guild have mentioned the same issue. I submitted a support ticket w/ a screenshot already, but can you please verify and award AP?

The other issue I've noticed is that aimed shot/nox/reg arrows are not aiming properly on rogues. Could be a lag issue, but it's very frustrating.

We will look into this tomorrow, its most likely a bug

SpiritedAway
08-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Can you guys also look into the not being able to log in with Google Plus problem?

Conquered
08-29-2013, 11:30 PM

Same Problem to me :hopelessness:

IronMonkey
08-30-2013, 12:41 AM
New Nordr Guardian vanities, they're particularly cool!

98% true to that. The warrior looks god-like especially if he's holding the arcane maul. The rogue looks beautiful in it. 2% goes to mage,lol. Imo, because of mages height, vanities are not well-suited.

KuaJepoy09
08-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Level cap raised to 36.
New Pets in the Stable.
New Bundle in the Store.
Realm of Shadows zones have the best bonus exp for high-leveling. Nordr xp bonsus has moved to Shuyal zones.

Love this... a new another day has began... :) Thanks.. yeepee THIS IS IT!!

Insomniack
08-30-2013, 02:09 AM

Same here. Prolly the bug, they will fix it. And yes, fully agreed, expansion is freaaaking awesome! Hell of a fun! Good job STS! :D

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 02:15 AM

No mention here of the Dead City elite zones. Are they capped at 30 too?

Also, I saw level 35 versions of both Clever Demonologist and Mighty Beserker gear for sale in the auction. Where exactly do those drop from? I thought they used to drop from Jarl in Season 1 (level 15/16 versions), but it seems like they are being recycled as the new ones look exactly the same as the old ones.

Edit: It seems as if all of the elites are scaled to 35. I guess this is an error that needs to be fixed. I also saw a level 35 fangmaster ring for sale in the auction, and those drop from kraken elite.

officiallyjun
08-30-2013, 02:48 AM

wooooww i like this 3 things :p

Genuinous
08-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Hands down best Expansion so far. I love the creativity and the thinking that went into this one. I was exclaiming loudly when I saw the plants attacking me :D Great job on the animation there. I haven't had time to pay attention to the story line, but the final boss is well cool :) And also you managed to squeeze in a whole bunch of great changes too. I was amazed by this one, I hope all your future expansions will be like this one :) Congratz to STS and all of you who worked on it :)

Serancha
08-30-2013, 05:50 AM
There's also a bug with the find-the-hermit ap not being awarded. I've been to him a bunch for the mythic quest and no ap even after restarting the app.

Otherwise, amazing expansion. Love the huge maps and great questlines. The bosses are unique too which is a great addition. Thanks STS.

Insomniack
08-30-2013, 07:16 AM
No mention here of the Dead City elite zones. Are they capped at 30 too?

Also, I saw level 35 versions of both Clever Demonologist and Mighty Beserker gear for sale in the auction. Where exactly do those drop from? I thought they used to drop from Jarl in Season 1 (level 15/16 versions), but it seems like they are being recycled as the new ones look exactly the same as the old ones.

Edit: It seems as if all of the elites are scaled to 35. I guess this is an error that needs to be fixed. I also saw a level 35 fangmaster ring for sale in the auction, and those drop from kraken elite.

Bael and probably Krunch II (not sure bout Krunch) drop these. And yeah, I was wondering the same bout Dead City Elite zones.. I think they cap at 25, correct me if wrong..

Deadprezz
08-30-2013, 09:42 AM
The new maps are looking cool c:

Ocelz
08-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Pls dont change the pvp.. It feels sucks.. My dmg only take 800-900 on war when crit.. @.@ it's gonna be more harder on pvp achvmnt while it is already hard. This will make ppl better make low lvl char then farm on it than do pvp. :(

ladymage
08-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Love the new expansion. Good job.

nayako
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
In pvp is not fair for rogue now... I can hit max 750 with crt now :/ Feeling like useless now. Rogues are powerful classes in the game but now just junk in pvp. We were making damage before it but now only little bite.

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Bael and probably Krunch II (not sure bout Krunch) drop these. And yeah, I was wondering the same bout Dead City Elite zones.. I think they cap at 25, correct me if wrong..

You know, that did not occur to me at all. Perhaps STS needs to adjust the drop table for Bael II & Krunch II and eliminate items from those drop tables that do not drop elsewhere. Because it would seem strange that items that aren't supposed to scale to 35 are still dropping from them.

Although now that I think about it, there were dead city items that dropped from them at level 31 last campaign, when dead city only scaled to level 30. Those amulets and rings come to mind.

epicrrr
09-04-2013, 05:54 AM

OMG, 5v5 or group fights of maxxed gears players is taking so long.. +nerfing of rouge.. very sad about this

pvp lvl 10

xmakx
09-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Ancient Mariner Reef stills gives xp for me at lvl 35 while Jurn Woods xp has been closed.
Chests in shuyal still give only 1 or 2 gold.

Insomniack
09-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Ancient Mariner Reef stills gives xp for me at lvl 35 while Jurn Woods xp has been closed.

Same here, I was wondering if chests should drop more as they said, or these 1-2 golds are "more" gold drops.. xD

shanelletham
09-06-2013, 02:12 PM
effectuate

cyrusrevange
09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Please bring back ripmaw to stable

thank you

Frohnatur
09-06-2013, 11:38 PM

Darn it, could have been rich by now. xD

TheGodQueen
09-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Good Job Spacetime Studios....Keep up the work!

TheGodQueen
09-07-2013, 02:03 AM
[/PHP]Woo shuyal

cyrusrevange
09-07-2013, 05:45 AM
It would be great to bring back the ripmaw into stable :)

HumbleSage
09-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Let's try to time "surprise" releases like this during a weekend that doesn't include the release of a major game institution like GTA V in the same week please. I didn't find out till Sunday. So didn't get a chance to get any of the mythics. :uncomfortableness: