PDA

View Full Version : My ping is going crazy!!! Plz help!!!

Raaage
08-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Ever since the update on the 28th my ping has gone up and up and up!!! I can't go anywhere I can go on market or do anything really. I have tried uninstalling and installing again and it don't work Please help I really wanna check out the new expansion!!!!

Asphiroth
08-30-2013, 07:20 PM
With the new expansion that just came out, lots of people are crowding the servers, and thus slowing your device down. Your ping tells you how fast you recieve data from the server (in milliseconds). When your ping shoots up like that, it means you were disconnected from the server and it is measuring the amount of time it has been since the last piece of data was recieved. Without a very good connection, it is very easy to lose your connection to the server. Sometimes after you reach a certain amount of data you have used in a month (if ur on mobile phone), your phone company will hamper your connection, or even put a halt on it untill your next bill date (u can check either by your internal data usage monitor, or download the app in ur market). Or possibly you just dont have a strong connection. If wi-fi is strong where you are, u can use that. But the fact that people are overcrowding the servers can add on to a weak connection, causing a lost signal from the servers. I hope this answered ur question :)

Raaage
08-30-2013, 10:34 PM
With the new expansion that just came out, lots of people are crowding the servers, and thus slowing your device down. Your ping tells you how fast you recieve data from the server (in milliseconds). When your ping shoots up like that, it means you were disconnected from the server and it is measuring the amount of time it has been since the last piece of data was recieved. Without a very good connection, it is very easy to lose your connection to the server. Sometimes after you reach a certain amount of data you have used in a month (if ur on mobile phone), your phone company will hamper your connection, or even put a halt on it untill your next bill date (u can check either by your internal data usage monitor, or download the app in ur market). Or possibly you just dont have a strong connection. If wi-fi is strong where you are, u can use that. But the fact that people are overcrowding the servers can add on to a weak connection, causing a lost signal from the servers. I hope this answered ur question :)

I think it is because of my connection and thank you very much for that. :)