PDA

View Full Version : Well

Player24
08-29-2013, 10:07 PM
I guess it's time to say thanks for nothing everyone who said locks will increase in value after expansion, as many of you know now they're going for 10-12k. I asked many of you if they were going to increase or decrease you ALL said increase. But it's not your fault. It was a gamble to begin with, the auction always is.
I recommend selling your locks before they drop greatly.

wvhills
08-29-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't think any bug bumps were expected right away. Everyone is,still leveling. People will start buying crates once they get to 35/36. Very few want level 31 or 33 pinks.

Player24
08-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes, but still don't matter people will put in lower and lower

someone puts in for 12k then someone needs to sell or a merchant panics and puts in for 11k

Tehh
08-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Everyone's rushes to sell after the update, everything is dropping right now, wait a week or so and it will be back up.

Prahasit Prahi
08-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Damm how come u trusted that locks will increase i've doubted 3 days back everyone saying that they saved 50-100 crates then how come they will increase
bt there is a chance wait for 2 days as everyone will be on to 36

Chaim Nail
08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
From what I've seen the 3-fold increase of crates in the store has meant the lowest prices have pretty much stayed the same.

I'm not in any need of extra funds yet so I'm hanging onto my 100+ crates for now.

Morholt
08-30-2013, 12:26 PM
If someone has the thousands of platinum to open hundreds of crates....what makes you think they don't have the gold to buy up lots of crates in advance, too? lol
Wait until they open all of their crates and restock their plat, and/or there is a weekend event that causes the prices to shoot up.

xcainnblecterx
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Pffft if "us forumers" said to go ahead and lick a cactus, would you do it? Make your own decisions

rook storm
08-30-2013, 07:52 PM
I guess it's time to say thanks for nothing everyone who said locks will increase in value after expansion, as many of you know now they're going for 10-12k. I asked many of you if they were going to increase or decrease you ALL said increase. But it's not your fault. It was a gamble to begin with, the auction always is.
I recommend selling your locks before they drop greatly.

I opened the ones I had before the expansion.
I thought "It would be just like Sam to bring out some new chests and render mine virtually worthless"
So we got puzzle boxes...

Well, I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would go meet her connection
At her feet was her footloose man

No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair shares of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
And if we don't, we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse", yeah

And no, you can't always get what you want
Well, no, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need, baby

Jagger/Richards
'You can't always get what you want'

All your Plat are belong to Sam

chitgoks
08-30-2013, 11:21 PM
lol i always said they wont increase because of the darn lep amulet.

ppl have been hoarding for themselves so they can open it later when needed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 11:31 PM
It's all about supply and demand. When locked crates are high there are usually around 200 of them for sale in the auction. If you look today there was 500+ for sale in the auction. High supply leads to low prices because everyone keeps trying to undercut each other. You have to ask yourself why there are so many for sale suddenly.

I think this question has 2 answers:

1) many people like you saved crates until the expansion and all decided to sell at the same time

2) many players have been leveling in the tombs, so they get crates as drops, so more crates dropping than normal

If you wait a while, I would guess most players will have leveled up and will stop farming tombs as much, and the oversupply of crates will dwindle down a bit. Then price should go back up. Or you could wait until STS has some sort of "double odds" weekend, or some other kind of special on crates, or maybe they will release new items in the crates sometime soon. Then prices should go up.

Frohnatur
08-31-2013, 12:01 AM
And may I add to Energizerics post, no one promised you anything here. Everyone is just GUESSING. You asked, and people gave you a GUESS. Look that word up in Google Translate if you're not sure what it means. GUESSING is a great part of Economics. If not all of it. :/

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Keep in mind something else.... The total amount of gold in the game is pretty fixed at this point. Yes, there are some players who convert plat to gold which does increase the total gold in the game, and when players open crates they get some gold from that too. But there is also potions that cost gold and the listing fee for the auction which eats a ton of gold --- these items remove gold from the game. So overall the total amount of gold in the game is probably pretty steady over the short term.

So for one player to "make money", another player has to lose money. So when you ask people "how do I make money?", please understand it's not something that everyone can do. For every player who makes money, there are others who lose money.

So more times than not, if you think there is some big way to make money that everyone is talking about, most likely that is NOT going to result in making money. If everyone does the same thing, they cannot all make money at the same time. That's just the laws of economics at work. The best way to make money is to find some way to do it that few other players know about. And if you have figured out such a way, you might want to keep it to yourself, because if too many players know about it, it may stop working.

So these "please tell me how to make money?" threads are just a total waste of time. Because even if players were to post ways that do make money, by the fact that they are posting their methods for everyone to read, those methods probably will stop working as a result.