PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to Enter Shuyal Map without Gliepnier Quest

Cero
08-30-2013, 01:44 AM
1) Go to GUild Hall and Use stairs beside Milla.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/a77418e76e7b2b4bcb0d75567fd27437_zps273239e2.jpg

2) Use the portal where Loola is standing, thats the exit portal.
It will send you to the new Town.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/9d05a951a0dd9a57771a1998366333bf_zpsadcf93ea.jpg

3) walk North to reach the portal of shuyal 1st Map

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/c52b58f297328d5124c8305d598bfe87_zps38cb0a4c.jpg

(PS: Javiermadriez[yes, he is the mastermind lol] told me about it so im not the one who discover this. I think its a bug for he can enter without doing the gliepnier quest)

well devs might fix it so better hurry:)

IronMonkey
08-30-2013, 01:54 AM
woot, a loophole, gonna try this one,lol

gison
08-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Cero you noob, you forgot to tell who discovered it, (Javiermadriz, Mizukage).

Jk I love u <3

javier995
08-30-2013, 02:18 AM
lol gg.

gison
08-30-2013, 02:30 AM
lol gg.

Just saying, I was there too. So yea.

Alexdamacus
08-30-2013, 02:32 AM
You can go from stronghold too-Where Uller's Tomb is, there will be a big portal.Enter in it and you are in Shuyal Town.

Alexdamacus
08-30-2013, 03:08 AM
Yeah

moot
08-30-2013, 03:26 AM
My noob guildies (he's 8) also discovered this by accident. So Sammokddadd and other guys who have problems go exploit it fast.

chitgoks
08-30-2013, 03:43 AM
wow.. nice catch!

Cero
08-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Cero you noob, you forgot to tell who discovered it, (Javiermadriz, Mizukage).

Jk I love u <3

ik, i put his name before but then made an edit and remove it.
thinking that its a bug so if i put his name and devs asked who to blame for
letting people exploit it then we are both dead lol.
anyhow javi seems doesnt care so ill edit it back hahha.

gison
08-30-2013, 10:06 AM
ik, i put his name before but then made an edit and remove it.
thinking that its a bug so if i put his name and devs asked who to blame for
letting people exploit it then we are both dead lol.
anyhow javi seems doesnt care so ill edit it back hahha.

Yea, anyways. Good guide.

FluffNStuff
08-30-2013, 10:08 AM
I would say they should NOT fix it, since there was NO HUGE sign for like a MONTH that said Gliepnier Quest Needed for Shuyal.

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 10:17 AM
It will be fixed in an update later today. The intent is to keep lowbie leechers out of Shuyal games. I don't know if you remember Kraken, but anyone could walk into those maps. If you ever had that determined leecher follow along, not doing anything to help, they can be really annoying. While we don't want too much friction for people to advance in the game, we don't want to promote leeching as the way to level up.

FluffNStuff
08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
It will be fixed in an update later today. The intent is to keep lowbie leechers out of Shuyal games. I don't know if you remember Kraken, but anyone could walk into those maps. If you ever had that determined leecher follow along, not doing anything to help, they can be really annoying. While we don't want too much friction for people to advance in the game, we don't want to promote leeching as the way to level up.

In theory, I LOVE this idea, but the execution was way off. Blocking players from new content because they didn't think to pick up a quest the last time they killed Grimnr is unfair as there was no adequate warning. I found out about it by asking, and that became the 'official word':

I have like no quests completed, just not my thing. Which quests are necessary? I did do enough to open the 300 XP Dailys. Also, what quests will we need for the new armor helm. Want to knock these our in the next day or two.

You will need to have completed "Permafrost" and its follow up "Gleipnir". These are the quest lines to kill Grimnr at the end of Nordr, and receive Gleipnir from Uller's Tomb in Stronghold.

If you notice, that is post ONE HUNDRED in the thread, not exactly advertised well. I will say that I have completed it, but am feeling guilty for not spreading the word better as I thought this was going to be an issue.

Alhuntrazeck
08-30-2013, 10:32 AM
U didnt even know there was another floor to the gh!

Nice find....I'd hate to do the quests all over again for my alt.

wvhills
08-30-2013, 10:50 AM

just wanted to throw out that in PL's game creation/join system this wouldn't be an issue. ;)

Snakespeare
08-30-2013, 11:02 AM

I'm level 30. If you don't want me playing the new content, please tell me again why? Am I too casual? I spam charged heals, charged clocks, and charged fireballs. I use plat revs. Is there more to this game than that? I feel like that First Knight when he is told "You have been judged and found wanting."

Chaim Nail
08-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I just HAD to try this out, so I took my lvl1 character out on a day trip.

First to the City of Kelys:

http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint1t.jpg (http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint1.jpg)
http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint2t.jpg (http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint2.jpg)

And then through the portal to the Stronghold.

http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint3t.jpg (http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint3.jpg)
http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint4t.jpg (http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint4.jpg)

But he couldn't exit to any of the game areas :(

http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint5t.jpg (http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/ArcaneLegendsQuarterpint5.jpg)

:D

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm level 30. If you don't want me playing the new content, please tell me again why? Am I too casual? I spam charged heals, charged clocks, and charged fireballs. I use plat revs. Is there more to this game than that? I feel like that First Knight when he is told "You have been judged and found wanting."

Hi Snakes,

I'm sorry that you feel put out by the requirement to complete a quest before you can adventure to a new area. It is a mechanic that has been used pretty commonly in other MMORPGs that I have played and in high fantasy stories. For example, Bilbo and the Dwarves needed to uncover the back way into the Lonely Mountain before they could progress in their assault on Smaug. As I mentioned in a different thread, we will be streamlining the Glepinr quest to make it a bit more straightforward and remove confusion. Hopefully that helps.

fumolamota
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't understand what the issue is with quests? If we are consuming the content anyway, why not complete the quests? They're like free gold, especially in AL. The quests don't require you to go out of your way.

I completed the new maps last night, received a small chunk of gold for completing a handful of quests, & they were naturally completed by just playing through the maps.

So why wouldn't you pick up the quests. I don't even read the requirements 90% of the time.

PS - I like the Hobbit ref Sam

rafakh
08-30-2013, 01:02 PM
I soloed the grinm junt to pick the quest and I find nothing, I need to complete all the other quest before?

RyFG
08-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for sharing

Rare
08-30-2013, 01:21 PM

Why not just use the same level restrictions that are in place? Like in Nordr (LVL23)?

Derezzzed
08-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Why not just use the same level restrictions that are in place? Like in Nordr (LVL23)?

Because there trying to follow a storyline in AL I won't spoil anything but Glepiner is a "key" to another realm (shuyal) that is why they can't just simply throw a lvl cap on it

Snakespeare
08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi Snakes,

I'm sorry that you feel put out by the requirement to complete a quest before you can adventure to a new area. It is a mechanic that has been used pretty commonly in other MMORPGs that I have played and in high fantasy stories. For example, Bilbo and the Dwarves needed to uncover the back way into the Lonely Mountain before they could progress in their assault on Smaug. As I mentioned in a different thread, we will be streamlining the Glepinr quest to make it a bit more straightforward and remove confusion. Hopefully that helps.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Sam. You're a great community leader. Thanks for listening to my feedback. I hope you'll be convinced of my point of view someday. I waited a long time for the new content. Now I can't access it. I think I'm high enough level. But you guys are the devs, so it's your call. And all I can do is accept it, or reject it. *shrug*

IronMonkey
08-30-2013, 09:53 PM
I killed both Frostr and Grimnr but unfortunately I did not click their dead bodies, it wasnt solo run because im too squishy. Glad this guide was here, now, I have completed the Shuyal quest.

Zeus
08-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi Snakes,

Hi Sam,

While that is great for right now (although very annoying for players), it just wouldn't work for other players entering AL (when Shuyal isn't the cap). I know if I got all the way up to L30 or so, then I found out that I had to do a bunch of quests just to "earn" my way to Nordr, I'd rather just invest my time in a new game that isn't imposing the requirement of quests for me.

Granted, while questing is big in other MMOs, it does not stop players from leveling if they choose that questing is a bore/waste of their time. In AL, that option is not available, thus it is poorly implemented.

With all due respect,

Parth

uvaonada
09-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Hey guys!there to get the qwest for the new place and what is the name of the person that gives the qwest???

Frohnatur
09-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Hey guys!there to get the qwest for the new place and what is the name of the person that gives the qwest???

Go to the basement of stronghold. There you find your guy.

Frohnatur
09-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Thanks Sam for taking care of this so elaborate.

I think its not too much asked for it to complete a quest or two to get in to the new realm. Go get a action game if you just want to fight and farm. In my opinion, the rpg-adventure aspect of AL is way to low. I want more story quests, I want it more woven into the pattern of the Maps. If you are just a mechanical grinder, there are other games that suit you better.

I play this game because it inspires my phantasy, its sometimes almost like a movie or a book, and thats what I like. There is enough pve/pvp to satisfay the pure kill/loot-grinders.

So:

Please, STS, more story! I demand it! May the force be with you and take away any writers block for the rest of your life. lol

Just my two cents

Kent Brockman out.

Snakespeare
09-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks Sam for taking care of this so elaborate.

I think its not too much asked for it to complete a quest or two to get in to the new realm. Go get a action game if you just want to fight and farm. In my opinion, the rpg-adventure aspect of AL is way to low. I want more story quests, I want it more woven into the pattern of the Maps. If you are just a mechanical grinder, there are other games that suit you better.

I play this game because it inspires my phantasy, its sometimes almost like a movie or a book, and thats what I like. There is enough pve/pvp to satisfay the pure kill/loot-grinders.

So:

Please, STS, more story! I demand it! May the force be with you and take away any writers block for the rest of your life. lol

Just my two cents

Kent Brockman out.

Your two cents is equal to my two cents. *shrug* Mine says this is a completely arbitrary judgement of skill, and it is a false measure. I do not pay money to be judge by people who don't know me. I've only purchased 1.1K of plat in AL, but I have purchased more in other STS games. After 3 years of play, to be told I am not worthy based on some minor hairsplitting is unintentionally insulting me. Sam already said he's sorry I feel this way, no need to repeat it. But the devs want to determine who is a noob "leecher" (to quote them) based on this one quest, and I am calling foul on it. That's my two cents, and it's worth as much as any other. I'm not an elitist. Clearly this game is for the elite only. I only had 49 plat left so it's better I do leave now rather than make the mistake of buying more. There are other games, as you say, even other games from STS that are more appropriate for the casual player who uses plat to make up for not being able to play as much as the rest of you.

Samhayne
09-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Hey Snakespeare,

We totally respect your position and perspective. It's just that the story fits so well with the progression. It's the culmination of the last 2 expansions. Also, it seems a nicer way to do it rather than a hard level cap. If you have some help (guildies or friends, for example) they could run you through the Nordr questline if you're looking to power level up a new character.

I'm sorry that you feel insulted by that. It is not the intention. Also the "noob leecher" issue is not to label someone who wants to get in without doing a quest. It's just if there isn't some form of level limit, then you leave the door open for annoying newbies to walk into someone instance and ask to be carried. We saw this in Kraken that didn't have a level limit. We see this in Pocket Legends and Star Legends, so yeah, it happens. Not to say that is you - just saying that without some form of level limit, that happens.

Anyway, I am closing this thread up, as the title is misleading for new readers looking for a shortcut into Shuyal. We have changed it so that you can't sneak in through the Guild Hall into Shuyal.