PDA

View Full Version : Yeah...Mythic bow....

Bless
08-30-2013, 04:38 AM
L36 devourer bow has 30+ more damage than the mythic bow - even though devs said the L31 mythics (released in season 4) will still be best at L36.

Buff this bow, idk about other mythics but bow is so weak against others!:disturbed:

Bless
08-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Make it so we can craft the bow

Prahasit Prahi
08-30-2013, 04:50 AM
now i'm at level 35 and the dimensional draggers gives a damage of 294 and dps of 530 with mythic armor and helm and legendary ring and amulet pet:malison

now what abt arcane hooks??

KingMartin
08-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Yes, I was quite shocked to see that my bow turned into trash item 60 minutes after expansion was released. Either I missed something or the bow did not survive even two levels up, let alone devoured of potency 35 which I am currently using.

I am a bit disappointed.

Paresseu
08-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Can't be true, they'll buff it, they said it will be the best, so everyone focused on buying their mythic bow.

JaytB
08-30-2013, 06:40 AM
Sigh, how can this be overlooked STS?

Bless
08-30-2013, 06:41 AM
They have to buff it -.- and they will but they take a lot of time with this stuff. Theyll probs make a crafting quest but it shouldve been done when the expansion, Im dissapointed now because now I cant use the bow in pvp...

Developers have to buff it today :nightmare:

wvhills
08-30-2013, 07:40 AM
the old bonechill bows only had 4 less damage than the mythic bow. Did you really think the new bonechills wouldn't be more powerful? I'm looking it my crystal ball I foresee no up grade on existing mythic weapons but I do foresee BRAND NEW mythic weapons which are to be found only in locked grand crates of the watch.

baddiva
08-30-2013, 07:55 AM
just sell the mythic, or keep it with a chance that devs buffed mythic bow...

what about other mythics? don't you ask for a buff too ( like pendant or ring) ?

IMO, if I have a myth item, other than items that could be upgraded, I'll sell it before expansion, before their price drops...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

kixkaxx
08-30-2013, 08:00 AM
yeah mythic bow need a buff.....otherwise rogue will try to equip a mythic gun ><

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 08:00 AM
We will take a look at the bows, but I have a feeling you are just looking at the dps/dmg numbers and not taking process and abilities into account. We will have more when the team is in and can discuss. Thanks for the feedback.

kixkaxx
08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
We will take a look at the bows, but I have a feeling you are just looking at the dps/dmg numbers and not taking process and abilities into account. We will have more when the team is in and can discuss. Thanks for the feedback.

mythic bow should have same state as lvl36 bows instead of a bonus crit :).. so we can say its better than 36 elite pinks but not much more

Chauakai
08-30-2013, 08:10 AM
L36 devourer bow has 30+ more damage than the mythic bow - even though devs said the L31 mythics (released in season 4) will still be best at L36.

Buff this bow, idk about other mythics but bow is so weak against others!:disturbed:

Mythic bow has been replaced at lvl 32 by 23 dmg, 28 dps, 50 mana, & 10 hp. Also cost 100k plus to buy Devour bow of Potency.

Rare
08-30-2013, 08:11 AM

I would take 30 damage over any proc currently in the game (except maybe 100% crit)

Paresseu
08-30-2013, 08:13 AM

So this mean that you'll take time before looking at it, then take more time to buff it ?

Youngmurda
08-30-2013, 08:30 AM
I would take 30 damage over any proc currently in the game (except maybe 100% crit)

^^ Exactly. 30dmg is better then any proc the mythic bow can give. 30dmg is a BIG difference

Temarichan
08-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I can't believe the ultimate power boost 5 hours after the expansion -.-

If I were to get a bow, dps, dmg goes up 20-50 more then my old bow

Zeus
08-30-2013, 09:10 AM

Bow only stuns/entangles, correct? 30 damage is huge! I'd definitely take the damage over some measly proc.

Also, regarding arcane weapons, they too were promised to last 3 expansions however in regards to the hooks, this is not the case.

drgrimmy
08-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Yeah 30 damage is huge! But, I think you are approaching this with the wrong perspective. Perhaps the new bows just need to be nerfed instead! :)

havenjacket
08-30-2013, 09:21 AM
No. Just no Sam. The devoured bow is way better than mythic - sinister bow has +30 dmg and a better proc than the mythic bow. You guys said that they will be better - I brought the bow because of that - now you say this?!

@wvhills they said that the mythics will be best for one more expansion, the bow isn't the best. I expected what THEY said.

Zeus
08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah 30 damage is huge! But, I think you are approaching this with the wrong perspective. Perhaps the new bows just need to be nerfed instead! :)

Then PvE would be more difficult as well, no?

wvhills
08-30-2013, 09:24 AM

that's not the answer. The mobs in the new maps don't hit that hard but they have huge health. I ran the whole camp twice last night and used 1100 mana pots. We need the high damage the new bows give in order to take down the mobs faster. Not many people can afford to spend 7000 gold on mana pots a day. :(

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 09:39 AM
We made probably over a thousand items for the expansion when everything is all said and done. If we missed on only the bow, we're doing pretty good. Thanks again for the feedback - we haven't had the chance to look at the actual stats (it's still morning here in Austin). We'll have more later.

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Bow only stuns/entangles, correct? 30 damage is huge! I'd definitely take the damage over some measly proc.

Also, regarding arcane weapons, they too were promised to last 3 expansions however in regards to the hooks, this is not the case.

Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons.

wvhills
08-30-2013, 09:54 AM
We made probably over a thousand items for the expansion when everything is all said and done. If we missed on only the bow, we're doing pretty good. Thanks again for the feedback - we haven't had the chance to look at the actual stats (it's still morning here in Austin). We'll have more later.

Sam, i'd suggesting not creating new white, orange, green and maybe even purple items for these new campaigns. I just created a new warrior and am using purple and greens in the easier campaigns but once u get to a higher level they aren't useable. I'd def stop making up to purple and maybe beef them up some so they're usable if the casual player can't get ahold of pinks (would which seem impossible since some good pinks are really cheap). Then you guys could bump up the gold drop rate to compensate. It would save you guys work on creating them and it would save us from liquidating them.

Rare
08-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Sigh, how can this be overlooked STS?

Its almost as if the stats were not known before hand.

Swede
08-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Its almost as if the stats were not known before hand.

It's almost as if we had to create 4k+ new items for this expansion.

Carapace
08-30-2013, 10:28 AM
there was an error in the calculations for the Devourer bows, and there will be a fix for this in the next update sometime today.

So we're clear, there will be a notice-able difference in damage output on the stat sheet for the Devourer bow to bring it back in line with the previous legendary bow iterations.

Rare
08-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Nice!

JaytB
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
there was an error in the calculations for the Devourer bows, and there will be a fix for this in the next update sometime today.

So we're clear, there will be a notice-able difference in damage output on the stat sheet for the Devourer bow to bring it back in line with the previous legendary bow iterations.

Sweet!

Carapace
08-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Sam, i'd suggesting not creating new white, orange, green and maybe even purple items for these new campaigns. I just created a new warrior and am using purple and greens in the easier campaigns but once u get to a higher level they aren't useable. I'd def stop making up to purple and maybe beef them up some so they're usable if the casual player can't get ahold of pinks (would which seem impossible since some good pinks are really cheap). Then you guys could bump up the gold drop rate to compensate. It would save you guys work on creating them and it would save us from liquidating them.

Don't ignore the epics that drop in this campaign, they are a lot better than previous campaigns and will help you through the tough times.

matanofx
08-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't ignore the epics that drop in this campaign, they are a lot better than previous campaigns and will help you through the tough times.

Ill look for epic rings and amulets this expansion

Chauakai
08-30-2013, 11:21 AM

Does this mean mythic bow dmg/dps and other stats still be much better than other bows? My stats on mythic bow hasnt changed at all. Or do I need to finally sell my mythic bow? My dmg is still the same with the bow. Nothing got boosted for me.

I am fine with Devour bow stats as long as mythic has much higher dmg than them. My mythic gun is leaps and bounds better than anything else right now. Wish the same for the bow.

Thanks for the expansion!

Morholt
08-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Lvl 31 bonechill of potency was a better than the mythic bow at the end of the day. Mythic bow was a joke. It wasn't even the best bow of the season it released in. LOL

moot
08-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Deym..give them a break please. They just release an expansion.

Take all the time you need devs. You're doing greatttt job. :)

Bless
08-30-2013, 12:10 PM

Take all the time you need devs. You're doing greatttt job. :) You're right, i was a bit too impatient, my apologies.

Carapace
08-30-2013, 01:23 PM

That being said we do very much care and want the experience to be enjoyable. A lot of valid concerns have been brought up, and will be addressed in part with the next patch. Part of our rigorous training as developers is adorning elite armor so that the sting from the errors we make don't injure our soft, pale, delicate skin and make us cry. :beaten:

Keep the feedback coming, we appreciate it! Glad you are enjoying the expansion as well.

Roberto077
08-30-2013, 01:34 PM

Greatttt job? Let's go with a Legendary Job!

if you catch my drift...

I also want to say that the design job, both visual design and balance design, for the new bosses is awesome. They aren't too hard, but they shouldn't be underestimated. The experience of seeing The Overgrowth for the first time was awesome with the mortar-like snares and the fly trap design. Then when I got to Krom I experienced no glitches or delays when try to remove the shield unlike Gold Fever's chests.

Overall, great job with the expansion. As a mainly PvE player I would say this is the best expansion yet! Keep up the great work!

I don't care about no stinking Rogue bow when there are far more things to be happy about!

Zanpakuto
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Looks like dev bows will be nerfed

FluffNStuff
08-30-2013, 02:05 PM

Wait, need to check something.

Zuzeq
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
This brings a pain to my kidneys. How in the world is the nerfing of a lvl 35/36 bow to underperform a lvl 31 bow a solution? A) simply Buff the Mythic or B) implement a questline to bump all gold weapons to lvl 36...

matanofx
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
yeah i dont think its possible to underperform the lvl35/36 bows to be lesser than myth bows since myth bow was only slightly better than bonechill

If they buffed the myth bow as a lvl31 weap thats too OP for that lvl, same with gun and sword+shield so a questline would be nice, or some other way to make myth weaps lvl36 and better than pinks.

Alrisaia
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
This brings a pain to my kidneys. How in the world is the nerfing of a lvl 35/36 bow to underperform a lvl 31 bow a solution? A) simply Buff the Mythic or B) implement a questline to bump all gold weapons to lvl 36...

^ This

I thought Mythic weapons were supposed to be a viable / Best gear for 5 levels (31 - 36)...

Maybe Zu - this means they're working on our new Mythic Katana!!! One Strike, One Death. (The original OSOK)

Desperoto
08-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Make it so we can craft the bow

Its not minecraft?

Swede
08-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Because the Devourer (and Bonechill) bows had bugged numbers and were ridicilously overpowered. We leave it like that, they will become more and more inflated and then none of the other weapons can keep up, so now we have to buff those too, so now everything is inflated and we have to buff the monsters to make up for it. After that, you now have to have one of these buffed weapons, or you will get destroyed by the more powerful monsters. It's a problem that will just keep escalating and not even something we're considering. The correct solution to this is to nerf these broken bows.

Roberto077
08-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Its not minecraft?

It's Terraria?

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Because the Devourer (and Bonechill) bows had bugged numbers and were ridicilously overpowered. We leave it like that, they will become more and more inflated and then none of the other weapons can keep up, so now we have to buff those too, so now everything is inflated and we have to buff the monsters to make up for it. After that, you now have to have one of these buffed weapons, or you will get destroyed by the more powerful monsters. It's a problem that will just keep escalating and not even something we're considering. The correct solution to this is to nerf these broken bows.

I agree 100%. Even though there will be some unhappy people who own these bows, this is the only real solution to the issue.

Here's a point I keep thinking about.... PvP was pretty balanced in the last campaign. If STS were to buff the mythic bow by 30+ dmb, but not buff the sorcerer & warrior mythic weapons, then wouldn't that have a big affect on PvP balance? I think it would. So then if you buff the other mythic weapons, then you are basically creating an environment where the mythic weapons are so much better than the non-mythic weapons that PvP will be hard for anyone who doesn't have mythic weapons.

I always thought it was strange that rogues had such a cheap weapon (bonechill bow) that was almost as good as their mythic weapon. Other classes did not have such an option. I think that's one of the reasons why so many rogues dominated PvP. In a PvP match with no mythics, rogues had a very clear advantage.

FluffNStuff
08-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Just want to clarify that the bows have 2.2 points of damage per level, and the Devour bow is only 11 points above the level 31 bows, which is correct. It only LOOKS like it is 30 points because most Rogues at this level have at least 300 bonus damage.

matanofx
08-30-2013, 04:34 PM

Thats really awesome to know but when you think about it the bonechill bows have been ridicilously overpowered for a really long time now.. would have been much easier to debuff them back when they came out but now its like a rolling snowball, but then again, captain hindsight was never an actual super hero so i dont feel too clever.

Zuzeq
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM

Oooor, you can add to the fun of the actual gameplay of this already awesome game by creating a fun new scaling quest...

Zuzeq
08-30-2013, 04:47 PM
I agree 100%. Even though there will be some unhappy people who own these bows, this is the only real solution to the issue.

Here's a point I keep thinking about.... PvP was pretty balanced in the last campaign. If STS were to buff the mythic bow by 30+ dmb, but not buff the sorcerer & warrior mythic weapons, then wouldn't that have a big affect on PvP balance? I think it would. So then if you buff the other mythic weapons, then you are basically creating an environment where the mythic weapons are so much better than the non-mythic weapons that PvP will be hard for anyone who doesn't have mythic weapons.

I always thought it was strange that rogues had such a cheap weapon (bonechill bow) that was almost as good as their mythic weapon. Other classes did not have such an option. I think that's one of the reasons why so many rogues dominated PvP. In a PvP match with no mythics, rogues had a very clear advantage.

I think I can safely speak for all PvE-ers when I say "Huh?". StG doesn't spend hundreds of man hours trying to figure out what best for PvP. They spend that time on crating new environments for cooperative gameplay. So to prioritize...(in the sprint of me not venting any further)...PvE>PvP <---This....

Roberto077
08-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Oooor, you can add to the fun of the actual gameplay of this already awesome game by creating a fun new scaling quest...

Oooor, you can enjoy the cap they just gave us...

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I think I can safely speak for all PvE-ers when I say "Huh?". StG doesn't spend hundreds of man hours trying to figure out what best for PvP. They spend that time on crating new environments for cooperative gameplay. So to prioritize...(in the sprint of me not venting any further)...PvE>PvP <---This....

PvE has no "balance". Whether or not the mythic bow has 30 extra damage makes absolutely no difference in PvE. So then maybe it will take a party a tiny bit longer (or shorter time) to kill the boss.

PvP has a very delicate balance. A slight change can cause one class to become unbeatable, and then it will just ruin the game completely.

Zuzeq
08-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Oooor, you can enjoy the cap they just gave us...

Umm huh? That sounds too much like prison or boot camp. Take what they give w/o the option of offering any opinion?...plz bruh..

Roberto077
08-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Umm huh? That sounds too much like prison or boot camp. Take what they give w/o the option of offering any opinion?...plz bruh..

Seriouly? It's a cap versus a quest. The cap is fun for everybody in the game, the quest is for a small part of the population. I accept your opinion but it's a little early to start asking for more. They just gave you what you've wanted for months, accept it.

Zeus
08-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Now the arcane hooks? :D

moot
08-30-2013, 09:53 PM
This is gonna be another game that pvp makes everything to be nerfed.