PDA

View Full Version : Attacked twice by same user in 30 minutes

fspinto
08-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I'm playing the game on my device (details below)

- Device name : for example - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE
- OS version number: Android 4.1.2
- State your device was in: 3G
- Whether or not you are rooted: rooted yes and running a stock Samsung ROM
- What version of the game you are running. 1.0.3.0 (128422.121030.128806)

Im trying to save for my DH lvl6 upgrade and keep getting attacked (which is normal). What is not normal is to be attacked by the same guy within 30 minutes. I have around 160 trophies now, so there should be a lot of people playing at the same time so that I don't get attacked twice by the same player.

My player name is MrBeanPT. Let me know if you need other information.

Applejaqs
08-30-2013, 09:40 AM
If you don't get guardian, anyone can attack. Including the same person.

Rare
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi,

I'm playing the game on my device (details below)

- Device name : for example - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE
- OS version number: Android 4.1.2
- State your device was in: 3G
- Whether or not you are rooted: rooted yes and running a stock Samsung ROM
- What version of the game you are running. 1.0.3.0 (128422.121030.128806)

Im trying to save for my DH lvl6 upgrade and keep getting attacked (which is normal). What is not normal is to be attacked by the same guy within 30 minutes. I have around 160 trophies now, so there should be a lot of people playing at the same time so that I don't get attacked twice by the same player.

My player name is MrBeanPT. Let me know if you need other information.

Hey MrBean. That was me. I didn't notice until after the fight was over. Or I wouldn't have attacked you again. You should have gotten a guardian after my first attack. Normally, I try not to attack people back to back like that. But I normally don't see people that give up their guardian that quickly after I attack them.

fspinto
08-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Hey MrBean. That was me. I didn't notice until after the fight was over. Or I wouldn't have attacked you again. You should have gotten a guardian after my first attack. Normally, I try not to attack people back to back like that. But I normally don't see people that give up their guardian that quickly after I attack them.

Hi,

Don't worry. I was just trying to understand how this works, because I would guess that there are thousands of users around this trophy level and it would be unlucky for you to find me randomly again. Or so I thought. Isn't it random?

Thanks!

fspinto
08-30-2013, 10:30 AM
If you don't get guardian, anyone can attack. Including the same person.

I understand that. The question is: either there are very few people playing the game, or I would be unluck to be attacked by the same person twice in a row, or not?

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 11:47 AM
There are a good amount of people playing. Probably just bad luck to have the same person go for you.

Keep in mind that some people will intentionally "farm" if you have a lot of resources available. They stop the battle intentionally before getting a 1 star victory in the hopes that they can return again once they rebuild troops and farm another round. As you say, the chances of them getting you again are pretty low - however it is totally possible if they hit Next enough (which is expensive) they could find anyone, if they are willing to search long enough.

octavos
08-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Probably just bad luck to have the same person go for you..

I wish it was bad luck..then id have a good reason..but nope. Well, possible more like 20+ for me from one person. and I can send a report so you could see. lately this guys hasn't farmed me...but yes hes attacked me many times...seems like hes the only one playing the game XD.

fspinto
08-30-2013, 12:47 PM
I wish it was bad luck..then id have a good reason..but nope. Well, possible more like 20+ for me from one person. and I can send a report so you could see. lately this guys hasn't farmed me...but yes hes attacked me many times...seems like hes the only one playing the game XD.

This definitely shouldn't happen. I'm now attacking from 380k to 750k for the DH6 upgrade while staying online for 3 or 4 hours in a row to avoid being attacked. This shouldn't be the way to play (and shouldn't be allowed at all!). That's my opinion, at least.

glengon
08-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Lol nothin wrong with this. Its called farming. I do that all the time. I remember attacking the same 5/6 people 3/4 times in a day. Especially when they have a good anoint of loot.

Garudon
08-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Depending on guardian/online players, I could probably spout off the first ten people I get on pvp, in order. It isn't random, it is formulaic. This means that given the variables STS uses to find your matches, you will consistently go against the same people given those variables do not change. The things that keep this consistency low in the lower ranked players are things like the fact that trophy counts shift consistently, with many people having the same trophy count as you. Then you get a 1 star (5 trophies) and you're at 165 instead of 160. The player you 1 starred is at 150 instead of 155. The gap between you has increased, thus the two of you will have more opponents in between you.

At the higher levels there is a larger gap (700ish trophies between my count and the next guy up) so these variables rarely shift significantly. This means I almost ALWAYS end up with the same targets...