PDA

View Full Version : Streamlining the Gleipnir Quest

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone,

In today's follow up patch, we will be streamlining how players get into Shuyal by making the Gleipnir quest a bit more straightforward. This should help remove the confusion of how you get into the Realm of Shadows. Previously the quest had a few different steps with different level requirements. After today's patch, you will need to be 26, talk to the King, go kill Grimnr, interact with his corpse and then talk to people back in Stronghold at the portal. Then you will be in.

That should help :)

Zbootyzzz
08-30-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm 1st does this count?

JaytB
08-30-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm 1st does this count?

No, you're 2nd.

On topic: Good to hear access to the new campaign will be made easier.

Snakespeare
08-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Sorry. Thanks for trying, but I'm not buying. :(

Suentous PO
08-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Just in time for me to have
Allready done it the hard way (:

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I must say that this quest was a bit confusing. But I thought that was part of the fun.

I'm an old school RPG player from the 1980s/1990s before they were online, and what made those old RPGs fun was the hard quests. It wasn't hard in the sense that you needed to beat a hard boss or something, it was hard to figure it out. You needed to assemble the various clues, travel around to different towns & dungeons to speak to the right people, and assemble all the clues, and only then could you figure it out.

When I did the Gleipnir quest, it was the first one in AL that actually reminded me of those old RPG quests, although it wasn't too hard. I guess people don't have any patience to figure things out anymore and want everything handed to them.

Chaim Nail
08-30-2013, 04:11 PM
When I did the Gleipnir quest, it was the first one in AL that actually reminded me of those old RPG quests, although it wasn't too hard. I guess people don't have any patience to figure things out anymore and want everything handed to them.

I take it you've heard of the Double Fine Adventure by the guys who did Monkey Island/Grim Fandango/Day of the Tentacle? That kickstarter campaign that raised 3.4 million at the beginning of last year, I bought into it and am still waiting for the game, Broken Age, to be finished, Jan 2014 they said...

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 04:28 PM
I take it you've heard of the Double Fine Adventure by the guys who did Monkey Island/Grim Fandango/Day of the Tentacle? That kickstarter campaign that raised 3.4 million at the beginning of last year, I bought into it and am still waiting for the game, Broken Age, to be finished, Jan 2014 they said...

No, I actually have not heard of that. I will take a look.

I used to play the old RPGs like Ultima (I played Ultima 1-5) and Might & Magic. These were back in the days of the C64 and long before games like Zelda and Final Fantasy ever existed.

chitgoks
08-30-2013, 11:26 PM
energizeric you are right. its good to have some sort of puzzle game included
rather than just hack slash and summon as that can get pretty dull

besides once youre done with those story quests you wont be doing them again. at least doing something different once jn awhile is good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Frohnatur
08-31-2013, 12:07 AM
I sympathize with Energizeric. I'm Old School RPG too and I loved the Gleipnir Quest. Was the most fun of the 31-Cap-Update. Please STS, more of that. Oh, and thank you STS for the nice Puzzle in this third shuyal map. Thats how I like it. Figureing things out. Making it possible to win with mind over power. Please please please more of that, and not so much OP requirements.

IronMonkey
08-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks I got my Gleiphner now, I don't really have problem with quests as prerequisites in game, however, what I have is that, as a mage class there are certain maps I cant solo, other classes can do it easily. I have tried soloing Frostr but unfortunately didnt make it, Grimr, worse. Thanks again.

Valsacar
08-31-2013, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I agree... the quest was fine the way it was, I enjoy quests that actually require thought (unlike the upgrade the helm quest... god this is boring).

@Energize, the first FF was good too (came out a year after M&M).

Insomniack
08-31-2013, 05:13 AM
No, I actually have not heard of that. I will take a look.

I used to play the old RPGs like Ultima (I played Ultima 1-5) and Might & Magic. These were back in the days of the C64 and long before games like Zelda and Final Fantasy ever existed.

Hmmm another Ultima fan. :) Don't know if you heard, but Lord Brittish is making new game (Shroud of Avatar), should be up-to-date version of good old pre-EA Ultima Online. ;)