PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about pvp?

ssxw
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
ppl say warriors will get owned

do you guys agree?

Xynasty
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't agree because Warriors can hit higher than Enchantress and Archers sometimes. So, everyone will be equal I think.

FeralDruid
04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
It will come down to cooldown management, and what I hope will be a cooldown on using potions in pvp as well. A fully geared warrior may need to respec for pvp, but given our talents, we should fare very well. The other classes will have to kite us, and without a charge move, it is going to be a bit of a pain, however once we're in, we have moves to keep them from running away.

Splurd
04-30-2010, 10:57 AM
range is the bears main problem. As a melee he needs to be close. Yes he has beckon but other classes have knockback skills also.

FeralDruid
04-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Hopefully the "wingclip" type move we have will keep people from running away.

Maily123
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
pvp is the best idea in the world and it should disable potions so nobody can heal durring the battle!

Brollus
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
PvP will bring about a great dynamic to the game and I cant wait. I think depending on the skills used and timing, warriors will be deadly.

Hurs
04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I highly highly doubt that Warriors will be the worst class for PvP when it gets released. With builds like the Berserker running around, Archers and Enchantresses will get destroyed once they get affected by Beckon.

Dexterity
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
If anyone is to get owned it will be the mages, they have low dps and armor.
What i think is that warriors are gonna own ppl with iron blood + rage + beckon, my warrior with iron blood and rage has 81 dps and 117 armor, and he's only lv 27

JoJoTheWho
05-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Im thinking PvP will be crap for a while when released. because players will be able to kill eachother in 1 second. My warrior can spam 2 spells back to back and do more than a player's 200-350 health. I personally think that PvP will be an oldschool cowboy duel. whoever gets the first shot will win : / sadly. im hoping they multiply player health or something to make fights longer

or maybe armor will reduce players damage big time, us warriors have the best armor :)

Azrael
05-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Not for nothing, i love my warrior... but as long as auto attack functions as it does, there is a chance warriors are gonna get owned, but we shall see.

Right now mages and archer can run and shoot without stopping by pressing auto attack. The ranged auto attack is instant, and then enters the rate of fire. In fact they can even run 180 away from their target and still shoot, they dont even need to turn to face their targets. If you have never played an archer with a 1.0 speed bow, try it. Its ridiculous how easy it is to solo kite bosses that don't reset... you just button mash the auto attack and it shoots as fast as if you were standing still, but you are running in the opposite direction.
Warriors on the other hand do not have an instant auto attack, they have to press auto attack and then wait for their swing speed time before their first swing comes out. Not only is this bad since its slower, it also means that warriors have a much harder time swinging at a moving opponent.

Been testing this thoroughly with my characters, and am getting ready to post about it. Until its fixed warrior will have a disadvantage.

Hopefully the "wingclip" type move we have will keep people from running away.

that would be nice, gotta say... crippling slash is pretty useless in pve anyway

Im thinking PvP will be crap for a while when released. because players will be able to kill eachother in 1 second. My warrior can spam 2 spells back to back and do more than a player's 200-350 health. I personally think that PvP will be an oldschool cowboy duel. whoever gets the first shot will win : / sadly. im hoping they multiply player health or something to make fights longer

Just because you do that amount of damage to a mob doesn't mean you will do it to a player with a higher armor rating than a dungeon mob. Damage mitigation from armor will be in effect

Yeah, I highly highly doubt that Warriors will be the worst class for PvP when it gets released. With builds like the Berserker running around, Archers and Enchantresses will get destroyed once they get affected by Beckon.

I certainly hope this build will help warriors since as i said the auto attack issue puts warriors at a large disadvantage. Whose the genius who thought of the berserker again???

Splurd
05-02-2010, 03:19 AM
for those who are complaining about the range attackers, I had to point out the glaringly obvious skill of beckon.

The warrior has... how many stuns?
1)beckon
2)stomp
3)mega slash
4)hell scream

Yeahhhhh if you cant kill a person with all those stuns, you really need to relook at your weapon. Are you sure its a shinny battle axe or a Toys'r'us Styrofoam toy?

Azrael
05-02-2010, 03:24 AM
for those who are complaining about the range attackers, I had to point out the glaringly obvious skill of beckon.

The warrior has... how many stuns?
1)beckon
2)stomp
3)mega slash
4)hell scream

Yeahhhhh if you cant kill a person with all those stuns, you really need to relook at your weapon. Are you sure its a shinny battle axe or a Toys'r'us Styrofoam toy?

Yeah yeah splurd whatver :p. Its all speculation at this point anyway. The auto attack issues i noted were general game issues and they dont relate only to pvp. That being said it will have a negative effect on melee players in pvp, regardless of stun. In fact part the Berserker build was also designed to get around that issue. We have no idea what will happen. And btw the only reliable stun there is super mega slash, the rest are only a chance at stun.

range is the bears main problem. As a melee he needs to be close. Yes he has beckon but other classes have knockback skills also.
On top of that, you posted this in the same thread?
You said it yourself, knockback skills. Also skills of bears dont have quite the same range as an archers except beckon to an extent, but he mobs in pve anyway stop short.

Splurd
05-02-2010, 03:31 AM
From my usage, beckon is a 100% stun for me. Stomp and hell scream are not 100% but still a pretty decent chance.

Range is the bears main problem. A wise bear would use the environment to his advantage, assuming we're not pvping in some big open field. When I said knockback, I was thinking of the archers knockback arrow which would potentially keep the bear out of beckon range.

Azrael
05-02-2010, 03:34 AM
From my usage, beckon is a 100% stun for me. Stomp and hell scream are not 100% but still a pretty decent chance.

Range is the bears main problem. A wise bear would use the environment to his advantage, assuming we're not pvping in some big open field. When I said knockback, I was thinking of the archers knockback arrow which would potentially keep the bear out of beckon range.

i only have 4/5 beckon so its good to know it works better with 5/5. Btw whats your IGN again... legends chat has been sorta dead and i forgot

Splurd
05-02-2010, 04:30 AM
my bow bear is igglebob, archer is Moondrake

NawtyNate
05-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Won't they make pvp areas kinda small? Just to fix problems like running away?

PvP
05-02-2010, 07:50 PM
pvp is the best idea in the world and it should disable potions so nobody can heal durring the battle!

Don't worry, devs confirmed this.

Splurd
05-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Won't they make pvp areas kinda small? Just to fix problems like running away?

Then its unfair to archers, because whats the point of having range then?

One classes weakness is the other classes strength. So it will never be fair for both of them.

Best to have an environment with a mix of open areas and corners and small rooms etc.

Hurs
05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I really hope that they are going to design the PvP areas to be fairly balanced for everyone, and not an open field as mentioned earlier.

NawtyNate
05-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Ahh then... I'm scared of whatever the weakness for warriors are... But I'll still try to take anyone on in pvp!!