PDA

View Full Version : 2013-08-30 Content Update (128893)

H2N
08-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Sorcerer Architect Armor and Helmet now equip to the correct slot.
The Hermit will now properly grant the achievement when you talk to him.
Shadowmancer Ferrix should now properly give out the achievement when defeated.
Removed the quest pre-requisite on the Permafrost quest, making it easier to get Gleipnir if you haven't completed the quest line. Increased the minimum level for the quest line to 26, to ensure that you're not too low level when entering Shuyal.
Devourer bow calculations have been fixed. The Mythic bow is now edging out over top of the Devourer as it should.
Players can no longer sneak past the magic barrier into Kelys through the guild hall.

Guildarts
08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Awesome!

Charles Cole
08-30-2013, 04:15 PM
hey im curious the boss overgrowth wont die his health keeps regenerating and its just not working

Samdegreat
08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
hey im curious the boss overgrowth wont die his health keeps regenerating and its just not working

He heals if u stand in red circles...

Derezzzed
08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Wait so you guys nerfed the devourer bow to make mythic have better stats or u boosted the mythic bow?

Beuefres
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
nice

Kakatoa91
08-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Bad timin lol. Losin precious time on my rerol shaz elixir -_-

wvhills
08-30-2013, 04:29 PM
He heals if u stand in red circles...

No, if u don't kill the minions fats enough they rush to him and heal him. Kill minions.

Lordaktar
08-30-2013, 04:30 PM
OK :)

u___
08-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Hey STS is it meant that the words of the one sorcerer with the pots beneath the cs are like running away?

Badassthor
08-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Regarding the architect armor, could the armor overlap vanities?

keikali
08-30-2013, 04:32 PM
lol nerf on devourer bows, saw that coming!

sileeence
08-30-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't understand... Mythic bow was buffed or devourer bow was nerfed?

Also, are bows, weapons and guns going to loot again?

People are not very interested in opening crates, there should be a promo soon :)

wvhills
08-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Why did u nerf the level 31 bonechill bow? My damage dropped from 291 to 274?! This sucks. I'll guess I'll just leech now.
Send me friend requests to power level me please.

Ladyluna2
08-30-2013, 04:36 PM
nice 1

Serancha
08-30-2013, 04:36 PM
It looks like the mythic bow and the devourerer were both adjusted to make the correction....or was the 31 bonechill nerfed too to make it look that way?

Azemeazed
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
hermit still dont give achievement :-/
i already did myth upgrade but no hermit achiev

Badassthor
08-30-2013, 04:40 PM
U guys missed out on the shaded armor and helms. They are still glitched

FluffNStuff
08-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Why did u nerf the level 31 bonechill bow? My damage dropped from 291 to 274?! This sucks. I'll guess I'll just leech now.

I will power level you with my Awesomely "buffed"* Mythic Bow ...

*not yet nerfed.

bramer
08-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Why did you guys nerf the Bonechill bows? They were fine they way they were.

Edit: Level 31 Mountians teeth of brutality have more damage than my Level 30 Bonechill bow
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh626/bramer52/null_zpsb5700a83.png

This is bramer - signing out

Jenvy
08-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that 31 mythics should NOT be better than 36 BIS legendaries.

Why not simply make NEW mythics? It can't be that difficult.

Carapace
08-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey STS is it meant that the words of the one sorcerer with the pots beneath the cs are like running away?

Not the running away part, we'll take a look at that when we're in the office next week :)

bramer
08-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Also, I think you guys actually BUFFED the 36 Devourer bows instead of nerfing them:

Level 36 before update
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh626/bramer52/null_zps2aa00970.png

Level 36 after update
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh626/bramer52/null_zpsfeff757a.png

Carapace
08-30-2013, 05:12 PM
The bows across the board had a bug in them when we looked into them. Unfortunate as it can be, it was a significant bug.

Zanpakuto
08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Are there seriously no plans on buffing the mythic sword? Great now there's two OP weapons for sorcer and rogue, but warriors are getting phased out unless you have the arcane hammer. I hope STS figures out what to do with the Warriors because as it is, I can see there's going to be a decrease in their numbers!

bramer
08-30-2013, 05:16 PM
The bows across the board had a bug in them when we looked into them. Unfortunate as it can be, it was a significant bug.
Well, thanks, I guess :\ All bows are completely useless now except for mythic and Lvl 36 Devourer bows. I'm just gonna sell mine now lol >_>

Derezzzed
08-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't understand... Mythic bow was buffed or devourer bow was nerfed?

Also, are bows, weapons and guns going to loot again?

People are not very interested in opening crates, there should be a promo soon :)

Mythic bow got boosted every other bow got nerfed :/

Samhayne
08-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Are there seriously no plans on buffing the mythic sword? Great now there's two OP weapons for sorcer and rogue, but warriors are getting phased out unless you have the arcane hammer. I hope STS figures out what to do with the Warriors because as it is, I can see there's going to be a decrease in their numbers!

The Mythic Warrior Sword 'n Shield is a defensive set up. If you want it to be an offensive powerhouse, I'm sorry, it isn't designed to be that.

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 05:56 PM

It seems that STS cannot change the stats of a weapon at a certain level without changing it for all levels. Apparently there is a formula that calculates the stats of each weapon based on its level. So if they nerf the formula, then all level versions of that weapon get nerfed. If they buff the formula, then all level versions of that weapon get buffed.

Serancha
08-30-2013, 06:33 PM
It seems that STS cannot change the stats of a weapon at a certain level without changing it for all levels. Apparently there is a formula that calculates the stats of each weapon based on its level. So if they nerf the formula, then all level versions of that weapon get nerfed. If they buff the formula, then all level versions of that weapon get buffed.

Then it would have made sense to buff the mythic bow rather than nerfing all the bows. This will unbalance everything especially in pvp for lower levels. And now our level 36 bows actually have LESS damage than our Bonechill ones did at level 31? I'd like to know how STS thinks we are supposed to kill elite bosses? A group of us (three in upgraded mythics) just tried and it wasn't possible to do enough damage to even kill the addons, let alone the boss.

Deadmanvolley
08-30-2013, 07:22 PM
HEY! the rogue Status are Fuked Up all the bows are down now WTF?! only myth rogue's are the hitters now the other is nothing on the game WTF?!??!

Jetzzz
08-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Lowering damage output of bonechil and devo simply means make warior the king of twinks. It will be reallllllyyyy hard to kill warior on low level - medium pvp lv. Please make better analysis if you want to update something, becoz AL is quite complex

Zeus
08-30-2013, 07:33 PM
The Mythic Warrior Sword 'n Shield is a defensive set up. If you want it to be an offensive powerhouse, I'm sorry, it isn't designed to be that.

What about the Arcane Hooks? They were stated to last 3 expansions as being the best in their class. Now that it's the 3rd expansion, they aren't quite the best in their class anymore.

Aublane
08-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Oh great so now that I've worked so hard on my dmg it goes down for about 10 pts, I'm 33 and from 31 I've only lost dmg. That lvl36 bow made my dmg like 300 before now it's much less I was soo looking forward to having such a dmg but now this.. Seriously lvl 31 bow more powerful than lvl 36? I mean I know it's mythic but cmon..

christiney
08-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Hermit achievement still have bug, it can't be complete.
By the way, i'ved already upgraded mythic armor and helm before this update.

Jenvy
08-30-2013, 08:35 PM

Can I ask what specifically the bug was?

Whatever you changed, perhaps it can account for some of the odd things I've been seeing during gameplay. For some reason, arrows are shooting from either within or from several feet behind my character, rather than at the tip of the bow. The speed of chaining shots has also decreased dramatically. No longer can I triple shot reliably (by triple shot I mean chaining an uncharghed nox/shadow onto charged AS, followed by a reg shot). Also, there is now a short half-second pause between release of charge and actual release of arrow. It wasn't like that this morning.

My ping is consistently 30-50, so I don't think it's lag.

EDIT:

Also, Architect daggers only 5 damage less than Devourer of potency? WTH?

I reiterate, bite the bullet, put Devourer back the way it was, and do one of the following: make new 36 mythics, make current mythics upgradeable, or overpower their procs.

wvhills
08-30-2013, 09:52 PM

A significant bug that lasted for 4 months during a whole campaign? A significant bug that was right on the screen of every rogue who had a bow? This wasn't hidden. There were threads on why the bow only had 4 more damage than the best pink bow while the mythic gun had 50 more than the best pink gun.

wvhills
08-30-2013, 09:54 PM
What about the Arcane Hooks? They were stated to last 3 expansions as being the best in their class. Now that it's the 3rd expansion, they aren't quite the best in their class anymore.

Instead of buffing them just nerf the pink daggers. It seems like if u don't have mythics then u aren't worth much.

Zeus
08-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Instead of buffing them just nerf the pink daggers. It seems like if u don't have mythics then u aren't worth much.

LOL!

Jenvy
08-30-2013, 10:58 PM

That's not quite true. Many of the really excellent pvp rogues didn't use mythic bows last season, simply because it wasn't a big enough step up from bonechill to be worth the money.

Asphiroth
08-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Can someone explain to me these nerd terms: Nerf and Buff?

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 11:25 PM
That's not quite true. Many of the really excellent pvp rogues didn't use mythic bows last season, simply because it wasn't a big enough step up from bonechill to be worth the money.

Yes, this was actually quite unfair. In PvP players with superior gear usually have a big advantage. It should be this way since we worked very hard to get those items. But for rogues, any rogue could buy a bonechill bow for 1k and have top level damage. It shouldn't be that way.

Energizeric
08-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Can someone explain to me these nerd terms: Nerf and Buff?

Nerf = make stats worse

Buff = make stats better

Serancha
08-31-2013, 06:22 AM
The big issue here is that when we get an expansion, levels raise, and the stats of gear raise accordingly. At level 31 the bonechill bow was 4 points below the mythic. At level 36 the devourer bow is now 5.2 points below the exact same mythic bow.

So while Warriors are getting all mauled up, and Sorcerers have a mythic weapon that was originally 40+ damage over their legendaries, (not to mention the new arcane staff) AND both those classes get new higher stat weapons, rogues have had the damage of one of their primary weapons reduced to below that which they were using in season 4.

This "adjustment" means that my stats with the upgraded mythic armor and the "adjusted" bow are the same as they were with my level 31 mythic armor and the old bow. So essentially we had to spend 100K and hours of questing to.....stay exactly the same! I don't complain about much, but this is just not right.

j3mack5
08-31-2013, 07:36 AM
Fck this sh!t. Return the old stats of the bow! You fckng noobs. Just make new mythic for 36 or make existing mythic upgradeable like armor. Ggrr...

geomanzeer
08-31-2013, 08:04 AM
Hello. Before the Patch my rogue's damage at lvl 31 is 277 and at lvl 35 with a dmg of 280+. Im using a level 31 bonechill bow of brutality.
and now after the patch my damage at level 35 is 267.8. There are no changes in my items and pet. what did just happen and im not even using
devourer bow.

Zaabachar
08-31-2013, 09:09 AM
thanks for making me hate my rogue, hate her very much, hate my stat and hate my bow...

Lufegual
08-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Think this shouldn't happen

Select a helmet and show an armor

The architect armor has a bug

reiper
08-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Well i guess they nerfed it so much that they got to the same power level as bonechill so they nerfed it to thats only beacuse if mythic wasnt strongest nobody would buy it and no money for them so thats why mythics are stronger

Carapace
08-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Hello. Before the Patch my rogue's damage at lvl 31 is 277 and at lvl 35 with a dmg of 280+. Im using a level 31 bonechill bow of brutality.
and now after the patch my damage at level 35 is 267.8. There are no changes in my items and pet. what did just happen and im not even using
devourer bow.

Everyone seems to think that any change made is written in stone. Colorful language aside balancing can be an ongoing process, and we appreciate your patience while we attune and make everything right in the world.

We're fairly good at listening to feedback and adopting recommendations where they fit in with the progression of the game and items. Keep the feedback constructive, and not a raging rant, and we can pool more information that helps us to make modifications where necessary.

The above quote is an example that is helpful. Thanks guys.

Uzii
08-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Think this shouldn't happen

Select a helmet and show an armor

The architect armor has a bug

Yes same for rogue and i guess for sorcerers then too.

Jenvy
08-31-2013, 02:46 PM
We're fairly good at listening to feedback and adopting recommendations where they fit in with the progression of the game and items. Keep the feedback constructive, and not a raging rant, and we can pool more information that helps us to make modifications where necessary.

IMO the following things need to be tweaked ASAP:

1) The best pink bows need to be about 30-40 damage higher than daggers of equal quality, as was the case in the last expansion. Under no circumstances should dagger rogues be able to put out the same skill damage as bow rogues. Now, the only thing bow has going for it is range. For the time being, bow rogues are relatively useless.

2) 31 Mythics should have roughly the same damage stats as 36 BIS legendaries, but also have more desirable procs and perhaps some erroneous benefits like higher dodge and crit.

3) The easiness of normal Shuyal. We blew through all 5 zones with level 32s and didn't break a sweat. Maybe 4 deaths on the whole? This makes no sense to me when half my PVE death count came from lvling through Nordr.

4) I'm really enjoying the changes to pvp. That said, now that battles are more about execution than burst damage, perhaps it's time to revisit the idea of a 1v1 pvp zone with VISIBLE health bars and a way to bring both chars back to full health and mana after one person dies.

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 02:50 PM
You guys need to come up with a solution that does not involve upgrading mythic weapons. STS clearly said they would not upgrade other mythics (or arcane items) except for the mythic helm & armor. So how about you make some suggestions that involve some other ideas besides that.

I keep reading lots of complaints, but haven't read any actual suggestions that fit in with their plan to not upgrade those old mythic weapons.

Jenvy
08-31-2013, 03:05 PM
STS clearly said they would not upgrade other mythics (or arcane items) except for the mythic helm & armor.

No, they said they had no current PLAN to upgrade mythics. When push comes to shove, one's plans can and SHOULD be liable to change, else you're just being stubborn.

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 04:34 PM
1) The best pink bows need to be about 30-40 damage higher than daggers of equal quality, as was the case in the last expansion. Under no circumstances should dagger rogues be able to put out the same skill damage as bow rogues. Now, the only thing bow has going for it is range. For the time being, bow rogues are relatively useless.

If bows have more damage, and also have better range, then what exactly is the advantage of using daggers? Why would someone want to use daggers?

Usually the ranged weapon has LESS damage, so you give up some damage in order to gain range. If everything about the bow is better, then why even have daggers at all?

aarrgggggg
08-31-2013, 05:29 PM
If they do not make the mythics the best again by leaps and bounds or come out with new mythics then im guessing not nearly as many people will be opening lockeds anymore which would be a poor desicion for sts

Jenvy
08-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Why would someone want to use daggers?.

The bow is a very slow, single target weapon. It has high damage, increasing skill strength (AKA AIMED SHOT), yet it has crappy dps. Daggers are fast, small area AoE weps. They have low damage, meaning low skill strength, but they deal phenomenal damage to clumped mobs.

As we aren't quite as squishable as mages due to our 35-40% dodge, standing close to the boss isn't really a detriment to us the way it's a detriment to mages. The main appeal of bows was the higher single target damage, not really the range.

Bows are considerably less appealing for their primary use now that the fast daggers have almost equal damage.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Khylan
08-31-2013, 06:19 PM
2 expansion life cycle for mythic weapons and 3 for arcane weapons is pretty darn fair.

The crate bows were grossly overpowered, get over it.

I play a rogue and pre RoS a Bonechill Bow of Potency was the third best weapon in game for a rogue behind the Mythic Bow and Arcane Daggers----and could be bought for 5k in the CS. How is that balanced?
I'm sure STS was aware of this months ago, but it's kinda hard to make major changes to equipment mid-expansion (unless it's grossly unbalanced, i.e. Agile Lifethief). New expansion, fix the damage to make it in line with all the other classes crate weapons and move forward.

cyrusrevange
08-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Is it possible to bring back ripmaw :)

wvhills
08-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Everyone seems to think that any change made is written in stone. Colorful language aside balancing can be an ongoing process, and we appreciate your patience while we attune and make everything right in the world.

The above quote is an example that is helpful. Thanks guys.

Speaking for myself...what gets me in a raging and ranting mood is when a change is so off the wall bad that with a little foresight u guys should have known what everyone's reaction would be. How did u think dropping people's damage by 20 would be received? Months ago I saw that bonechill bows had only 4 less damage than mythic bows. Everyone saw that. U guys went out of ur way to say specifically that mythic ARMOR and HELM would be upgradeable. u made no mention of the bow. Based on that information I decided the mythic bows weren't worth the investment and decided to try to get the armor and helm. Others decided they were worth the investment. Months later u guys decide, "we'll, u chose poorly...enjoy this nerf!" all because people with mythic bows complained. They complained even tho they knew the stats of both the mythic and bonechill bows at the time of purchase.

Zeus
08-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Speaking for myself...what gets me in a raging and ranting mood is when a change is so off the wall bad that with a little foresight u guys should have known what everyone's reaction would be. How did u think dropping people's damage by 20 would be received? Months ago I saw that bonechill bows had only 4 less damage than mythic bows. Everyone saw that. U guys went out of ur way to say specifically that mythic ARMOR and HELM would be upgradeable. u made no mention of the bow. Based on that information I decided the mythic bows weren't worth the investment and decided to try to get the armor and helm. Others decided they were worth the investment. Months later u guys decide, "we'll, u chose poorly...enjoy this nerf!" all because people with mythic bows complained. They complained even tho they knew the stats of both the mythic and bonechill bows at the time of purchase.

True, Robert, but also they stated that mythic items would last for two campaigns. Knowing this, I used some logic. Obviously, the mythic bows can't be the ones to get nerfed, so something had to be... (bone chill).

That's why I chose the mythic bow. D:

kharmel
08-31-2013, 10:42 PM
>I think Rougues had been falsely believe the true stats of the bonechil bows. If STS truly mistakenly overbuffed the legendary bows(bonechil), then everything is okay. Only that mistakes gives people(rougues) false belief.
> If truly the intended stats of bonechil is the stats we have now, season 4 rougues will thrive their best to get those mythic bows coz they see significant advantage of the mythic bows. Bad thing, we were made believe that bonechil is only 4 damage behind the mythic bows.
>I see it is reasonable enough that STS just made mistake of the bonechil bows not the mythic bows. Arcane hammer have significant gap on dmage next to the best legendary hammer, Sorcerer gun also have a significant damage gap next to the best legendary gun. And by that,the rougue also must have it.So the 4 damage gap of bonechil(best legendary bow) against the mythic bow is not SUFFICIENT ENOUGH to JUSTIFY the mythic bow to be called MYTHIC and stand its life-span to 2 expansions more.
> So i think, its a major fault to begin with on the stats of the bonechil bow since then.
> Im always for and with the rougue,but,just stating my opinion on this.

j3mack5
09-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Dagger is for dps. Bow is for damage if you dont know.tsk. r u using rouge? Or just joining the issue. Lol