PDA

View Full Version : Bows shooting from behind.

Jenvy
08-30-2013, 06:02 PM
For some reason, arrows are shooting from several feet behind my character, rather than the tip of the bow.

Asphiroth
08-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Are there enemies/breakable objects behind you? If so, the AI of your attacks are making your bow shoot at them

Asphiroth
08-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Sorry, i misread your question, if the arrows are coming from behind your character, maybe its just lag.

Jenvy
08-30-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't think it's lag. I have 30 - 50 ping consistently.

In fact, I've noticed several odd things about the ways bows are shooting. The speed of chaining shots has decreased dramatically. No longer can I triple shot reliably (by triple shot I mean chaining an uncharghed nox/shadow onto charged AS, followed by a reg shot). Also, there is now a short half-second pause between release of charge and actual release of arrow. It wasn't like that this morning. Something is definitely different since update.

Guys, whatever you did, please change it back. Bows did not need to be any slower/awkward.

Jenvy
08-31-2013, 10:55 PM
So, I tested several other el cheapo bows of rare, and epic quality. They did not have the same problem. The problem persists in Devourer bow however.

Looks like an animation glitch.

Carapace
08-31-2013, 11:39 PM
This is a point of origin problem. It's looking for a point of origin not defined on the bow and thus it's picking some random spot behind the player instead. Well, most likely. :) It's purely aesthetic and will not affect the actual bow functionality.

We will fix this next week most likely.

Jenvy
09-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Awesomesauce! Because it's driving me crazy. Lol.