PDA

View Full Version : Loot Revamp Stuffses

Futumsh
04-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Today's content update included a major change to looting, and since I'm sure there's some interest in this, here's how it now works.

When a creature is killed, everyone that is in range of them gets an independent chance to get an item (if they are allowed to drop items). This means if you are in a party of 5, effectively 5 times as much loot is dropping per kill, and you are not competing with the rest of your party for loot. Bosses generally have a 100% chance to drop items, so everyone in the party should get something from a boss.

When an item does drop for you, what you get is based on the relative rarity/quality of the items which that creature can drop, which means you're far more likely to get a common item than an epic item from trash mobs, and more likely to get a rare item than a legendary item from a boss.

Xynasty
04-30-2010, 10:26 AM
That's nice. I just tried it and it's a very cool update.

Thanks.

nerdherd
04-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice! I think is a great way to balance out the lowering of epic drops. Great work!

Splurd
04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
do different bosses have different chances?

Like green and blue trolls, or large/small yeti's.

also, is the chance to drop the same for all 3 mini dungeons for the bone items?

HellvenFr
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Nice ! great news! thanks devs!

Azrael
04-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I suppose this is a good thing. I'm used to one item dropping off a mob for the entire party... and to be honest with there being no bind on pickup this seems somewhat strange. I mean what you are saying is that in theory a 5 man group could kill a boss and get 5 legendary items out of it... which is a bit much...

If you have drastically lowered the drop rate to begin with its alright... but i got to admit this system is a bit weird. Just my to cents though.

SlipperyJim
04-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I suppose this is a good thing.
I think it's definitely a good thing, because now you're not competing with other people for the KEWL LEWTZ. So we'll see less solo-farming. Less solo play can only be a good thing. :)

Now that I think about it, the new system will actually penalize solo-farming. If you're solo, you'll get one loot drop from killing a boss. If it's what you want, great. If not, too bad. However, if you're grouped with four other people, the same boss will drop five pieces of loot. As long as you & your teammates are willing to trade with each other, you could have up to five times as much chance of getting what you want.

MrBlue
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Playing my level 11 warrior today. After 1 run through Dark Forest, not even the entire campaign, I had enough loot to sell for about 6k gold. As much as I like the free gold and drinking potions like it's free, I think the %s need to be tweaked down.

Galazy
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
i agree, i am getting a **** load of items, made like 10k gold in an hour or so of fathom crypts grinding

Justg
04-30-2010, 01:11 PM
You guys are right, item drops were way overboard with this latest patch. We're gonna tone em down and bounce the servers in a bit.

Azrael
04-30-2010, 01:16 PM
You guys are right, item drops were way overboard with this latest patch. We're gonna tone em down and bounce the servers in a bit.

thank god. i like the money and all but selling all that trash was annoying

jbrulz
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
FINNALY!!!! 100pct boss drop was an idea i posted ages ago! like...4 weeks lol

Aerospacegod
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not seeing 100% drop on bosses, anyone else? Currently in lost which I just got and seems way to easy x_X