PDA

View Full Version : Best Expansion Yet.....

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 03:03 PM
After spending the first 24 hours after the update leveling in the tombs, I finally entered Shuyal for the first time last night. I have to say that this is definitely the best expansion yet, and the attention to detail is just like the original maps from season 1. Dead City, Kraken & Nordr (both dungeons & towns) are clearly not on the same level as the original maps and this new expansion. It just seems like more work was put into them.

My suggestion is that going forward STS should do an expansion every 4-5 months and make it really good, rather than trying to rush it in 2 months and it be not as good. I'd rather wait a little longer, but get a really good expansion each time. I'm very impressed so far with Shuyal. The town is definitely the nicest town and I think that this will become the place where end game players "hang out" by the auction rather than Paradise Isle where they had previously been.

Even the tavern looks like a cool place to hang out. Because there is no bards quest there, it is not mobbed and actually has open space. If I needed to meet someone to sell an item or make a trade, I could see telling them to meet me in the Shuyal Tavern.

Wizzzhard
08-31-2013, 03:09 PM
You are completely right everything is perfect on this expansion but devs should have worked a bit harder on the bugs..

Zeus
08-31-2013, 03:11 PM
You are completely right everything is perfect on this expansion but devs should have worked a bit harder on the bugs..

It is more efficient use of resources if players tell developers what is wrong in the game and then they fix it versus developers spending more in the R&D department trying to do both.

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 03:14 PM
It is more efficient use of resources if players tell developers what is wrong in the game and then they fix it versus developers spending more in the R&D department trying to do both.

Agreed. There are only a few developers, and it could take weeks of testing to figure out all the bugs. On the other hand, having a few thousand players, all of the bugs will be found in a few days. I'm guessing by next week we will have an update that fixes all of these little bugs.

Zeus
08-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Agreed. There are only a few developers, and it could take weeks of testing to figure out all the bugs. On the other hand, having a few thousand players, all of the bugs will be found in a few days. I'm guessing by next week we will have an update that fixes all of these little bugs.

It's what happens every campaign... it's better this way. Sure, you might lose a few players... but the loyal and dedicated ones stay.

Heck, players should be honored that developers feel their advice is important enough as how to fix bugs/which bugs are present. Most game developers don't even take players' opinions into account.

Taejo
08-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Agreed! Fantastic expansion all around. Tons of bugs, but it's to be expected. Their QA team is only human... :)

One comment about a certain enhancement to the game:

Chests and barrels etc. found on the ground in the Realm of Shadows will have a higher gold output and bigger chance of potion drops than in other zones.

I am not noticing this at all - is anyone else?

Also posted my comments about the mythic armor quest: Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114008-Feedback-Mythic-Upgrade-Quest&p=1247485#post1247485)

Sceazikua
08-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Actually if you wanna trade with someone you neednt see his face , use /trade in stead .
And this expansion is not as I expected (which I have said here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113931-About-new-expansion-Realm-of-Shadow)) because the monsters are too weak and its totally easy to lvl up which can reach 36 in days . Im 75% to 36 now .

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 03:50 PM
I am not noticing this at all - is anyone else?

Yes I have noticed. I'd say the chests are giving about 3x as much gold as in dungeons from previous campaigns. In previous campaigns the chests would usually give 4-12 gold (split between all players in party), but now it seems like it is significantly more. Yesterday when I was running with a full party, most of the chests were giving each player 3-5 gold, where as when I was running in WT4 with a full party, I would typically get 1-2 gold per chest.

Another thing I noticed is that some purple epic items were coming from the chests on occasion, where as previously it was always white/green items. What I would actually like to see is an occasional pink drop from these chests. Not an elite pink, but maybe a regular pink that drops from the non-elite zones. Perhaps even an egg on occasion. Then players would actually bother to open them.

In PL certain pinks had been known to come from barrels/chests.

Taejo
08-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes I have noticed. I'd say the chests are giving about 3x as much gold as in dungeons from previous campaigns. In previous campaigns the chests would usually give 4-12 gold (split between all players in party), but now it seems like it is significantly more. Yesterday when I was running with a full party, most of the chests were giving each player 3-5 gold, where as when I was running in WT4 with a full party, I would typically get 1-2 gold per chest.

Another thing I noticed is that some purple epic items were coming from the chests on occasion, where as previously it was always white/green items. What I would actually like to see is an occasional pink drop from these chests. Not an elite pink, but maybe a regular pink that drops from the non-elite zones. Perhaps even an egg on occasion. Then players would actually bother to open them.

Ok, thanks for the feedback - I'll remain vigilant.

Also, great job scaling up epic items in the expansion. I am currently wearing a L36 epic ring until I can find better. This is how it should have been from season 1!

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes, Epic items from level 35/36 should be better than legendary items from level 31. That way epic items will actually have some value early on in the campaign. This makes farming more fun as you don't have to loot a pink to earn some money. And it also makes it easier/cheaper for players to upgrade their gear and start farming the new dungeons.

Wutzgood
08-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Just came to post great job devs on this game and its expansion. Its one of the most enjoyable games I've played.

Roberto077
08-31-2013, 07:47 PM

Core experience always comes first. I for one have experienced no bugs so far...

Zanpakuto
08-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Yeah I'm so glad they body away with the ice patches! But the final boss that goes enraged could put many players off :(

j3peaz
08-31-2013, 10:50 PM

I actually got a pink from a chest in rooks nest a couple of days ago. I believe I have gotten epics before from other chests but that was the first legendary item from a chest I've seen or heard of. I may be mistaken but 99% sure it popped out of the chest

Wutzgood
08-31-2013, 10:51 PM
I actually got a pink from a chest in rooks nest a couple of days ago. I believe I have gotten epics before from other chests but that was the first legendary item from a chest I've seen or heard of. I may be mistaken but 99% sure it popped out of the chest

You have always been able to get pinks from crates and barrels. They are just rare.

Carapace
08-31-2013, 11:52 PM
You have always been able to get pinks from crates and barrels. They are just rare.

One might even say they are legendary!

Shadow217
09-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Can we get a slight buff in rings and amulets I still have lvl25 amulet because I can't find any better higher lvl:p. Love the expansion btw great job I agree take your time :)

rivet
09-01-2013, 03:04 AM
I wonder how Shuyal looks like when it is restored to it's glorious days.