PDA

View Full Version : Solution to complaints about Arcane/Mythic items....

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 04:13 PM
STS has stated that Mythic items should be tops for 2 campaigns, and Arcane items should be tops for 3 campaigns. The problem is that it is difficult to accomplish this without making them way too OP the first campaign they are released. So I have thought of a solution....

Perhaps instead of hard stats, there should be some percentages built into their stats. For example, for weapons instead of only having a solid damage amount, maybe it should also have a bonus damage percentage which is dependent on the level of the player. This would mean it would scale up slightly if the player was a higher level. They could do this with armors & helms with regard to the armor stat, and could do this with the primary stats on rings & pendants.

This would allow for a slight scaling of these items without having to make them too OP at their original level.

So for example, Arcane Hooks could be given a bonus damage of 2 points extra damage for each level the player is above level 26. So that means a level 36 player using hooks would have 20 more damage than a level 26 player using the same item. While this bonus would not be enough to keep the Arcane hooks the best forever, it would be enough to keep it the best at level 36, but by level 41 that bonus would no longer be enough for it to be the best daggers.

I think this would allow for proper balance at each PvP level and at the same time keep the owners of these items happy.

aarrgggggg
08-31-2013, 04:24 PM
I like your thinking it makes sense to me. Very well thought out and put together extremely well :)

Chaim Nail
08-31-2013, 04:25 PM
I would certainly welcome such a change, I like my level 31 mythic sword but wish its stats kept up with me until level 36, like pets do.

Zeus
08-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Sounds pretty fair to me! I wouldn't mind this at all. Although, the question is.. is there a percentage that would be decent enough to overcome the elite legendaries while still rendering the elite legendaries useful all the while being weak enough so they stop being so powerful after the 3 campaigns they're supposed to be the best in?

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Sounds pretty fair to me! I wouldn't mind this at all. Although, the question is.. is there a percentage that would be decent enough to overcome the elite legendaries while still rendering the elite legendaries useful all the while being weak enough so they stop being so powerful after the 3 campaigns they're supposed to be the best in?

Yes, just make the percentage low enough so that it doesn't keep up with the increase in legendary items for each campaign. Then after a certain number of campaigns (1 extra campaign for mythic, 2 extra campaigns for arcane) it will no longer keep pace with the best legendary items.

falmear
08-31-2013, 07:00 PM
This is like a free upgrade without doing anything. Thumbs down for me. Right now I have upgraded my mythic gear and I look at the amulets and rings for this expansion, so far and I feel like meh. So I am already bored. But I am sure people who merch will love this suggestion since it will keep the price very high because the weapon is self upgrading. So its not surprising you'd suggest this since people like you will benefit the most. People can whine and cry about this stuff not being the very best but when mythics are this common then it means that people are not spending their gold on legendary items and saving for mythics. So prices drop on legendary gear because there ends up being less demand. Why spend 1m on legendary gear when you need 4 more mill to get a mythic. You're not going to set yourself back 20%. Maybe do this for the hooks only because I am tired of seeing these threads.

Psykopathic28
09-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Suggestion - take these silly hooks I got from crate and give me staff. Rogues DID NOT have to worry about getting my 2 season old garbage when getting crates for their weapon. So why must me get their 2 season old garbage? :S

Energizeric
09-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Suggestion - take these silly hooks I got from crate and give me staff. Rogues DID NOT have to worry about getting my 2 season old garbage when getting crates for their weapon. So why must me get their 2 season old garbage? :S

You are assuming that if they had removed hooks from the drop table you would have gotten a different arcane item instead. Are you sure that's the way it works?

Does having more arcane items in the drop table mean you have a lesser chance to get each individual one? Or does it mean there is a higher overall chance to get an arcane item?

I don't know the answer to that question, but you are assuming you do know the answer. It's possible you are wrong. More arcane items may mean a better chance to loot arcane item. I'm sure you would prefer to loot hooks rather than any non-arcane item.

Raja
09-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Sensational ener...^

Xstealthxx
09-01-2013, 02:53 AM
Lmao nd start mythic at twink level hahhaa..

Valsacar
09-01-2013, 03:25 AM
I honestly think that those +dmg/bonus% should be for mythics and arcanes. Once someone loots the int version of the archon ring, and puts it up on auction, I'll look at it... but with 2.5% dmg increase it might be better than mythic ring (for damage).

Otawaazavie
09-01-2013, 04:00 AM
STS has stated that Mythic items should be tops for 2 campaigns, and Arcane items should be tops for 3 campaigns. The problem is that it is difficult to accomplish this without making them way too OP the first campaign they are released. So I have thought of a solution....

Perhaps instead of hard stats, there should be some percentages built into their stats. For example, for weapons instead of only having a solid damage amount, maybe it should also have a bonus damage percentage which is dependent on the level of the player. This would mean it would scale up slightly if the player was a higher level. They could do this with armors & helms with regard to the armor stat, and could do this with the primary stats on rings & pendants.

This would allow for a slight scaling of these items without having to make them too OP at their original level.

So for example, Arcane Hooks could be given a bonus damage of 2 points extra damage for each level the player is above level 26. So that means a level 36 player using hooks would have 20 more damage than a level 26 player using the same item. While this bonus would not be enough to keep the Arcane hooks the best forever, it would be enough to keep it the best at level 36, but by level 41 that bonus would no longer be enough for it to be the best daggers.

I think this would allow for proper balance at each PvP level and at the same time keep the owners of these items happy.

The problem is that %dmg isn't shown in stats page so we would have a hard time comparing gear. That could become an option after this bug is fixed

Energizeric
09-01-2013, 06:51 AM
The problem is that %dmg isn't shown in stats page so we would have a hard time comparing gear. That could become an option after this bug is fixed

Yes, they need to fix that bug asap!