PDA

View Full Version : devs please consider this for android users.

markus2
11-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Idk if this has been thrown around at all but would it be feasable to release the "lite" version of the game onto the android market? Its free in app store for I devices so android users could just play the free part of the game up to lvl 13 or whatever it is. Just keep the plat stuff off limits till everything is cleared up and ready to go and we can buy plat. I don't really see the harm in it.
I see it as win win for both the android users dying to play this game and sts. I figure get the game out on the market and within hrs it will be top free game. Ppl will be playing it and get a feel for what it is like. After they reach end of free content they will just have to wait to buy more.
Giving android users a taste like this will cause a frenzy for the game. As well as buying sts time to finish there beta. And buy time android users can buy plat they will be more then happy to spend there hard earned cash. Like I said win win!

Edit. Srry about wall of txt. Thought it was good idea.

KingFu
11-01-2010, 12:59 AM
The game in android and PC will be like it is for iDevices. The data is stored online through the accounts, the application is free, and will most likely be free, the content passed level 18 will not be until the user purchases plat and then purchases the campaigns. The one bad thing I see for android is a lot of faces that got banned from their iDevices will come back from Android devices since they are so popular. I think if you get banned from the game, you shouldn't be able to come back on another device. I realize that it would be impossible to tell but if you had evidence, I don't understand why they stick around and don't get banned again, but that's a whole nother topic. :)

duhchi
11-01-2010, 12:59 AM
The waiting part isn't a good idea. I think StS banks on the fact that past level 13 is easily accessible for some cash. In the announcement forum they said they might do an open beta if the closed beta goes well.

It would be a better idea to get a lot of coverage before they release it rather than release the lite version while they wrap up the rest of the game. I'm wanting to play this game just as much as you though markus.

ps why were some people banned?

jonboy
11-01-2010, 01:27 AM
For being asshats.

markus2
11-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Who was banned?

Yea maybe so but if they did release a lite version it might keep some of us vultures busy till we can get the real thing. Just a thought.

RedRyder
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
who wasnt banned lol. people are banned all the time. daily

shadywack
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't think a lite version is necessary at all. That just mucks things up. Make it as close to the iOS version as possible. Free to play just like it is now and you buy plat from StS directly or have it bring up Android Market.

I can't say I'm behind this idea at all.

RedRyder
11-01-2010, 12:33 PM
just..... wait till it comes out. i know its a great game and all and youre really anxious to play but just chill. its coming soon and you can already see. leave as is

reddragon72
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Since the closed beta just started, I'm thinking 2 weeks we might hear something from the Dev's letting us know how it's going. For now I'm thinking we should focus on our jobs so we can have plenty of money and time set aside for the day it is cut loose on the Android platform! I just hope that the PL team is ready for the influx once the app hits the android market, or even released here on the site.

Protank
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
This is i great game and will do fine with out a lite version. To the person asking who got banned, be very carefull with ur words and actions. This game has a great community & fanbase but it is the only mmo ive ever played where people brag about getting people banned... Not cool imo. & imo only account stealers & child prediters should be banned for life imo.

shadywack
11-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Since the closed beta just started, I'm thinking 2 weeks we might hear something from the Dev's letting us know how it's going. For now I'm thinking we should focus on our jobs so we can have plenty of money and time set aside for the day it is cut loose on the Android platform! I just hope that the PL team is ready for the influx once the app hits the android market, or even released here on the site.

I'm sure some of the testers will keep a back channel open to you. Maybe to taunt you with ;)

markus2
11-01-2010, 11:10 PM
? me? was just wondering where that post came from..... threads about possible lite version and somebody just stuck that up there about ppl getting banned so i was asking about it. kinda random no?