View Full Version : Crate pinks still too common.....

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 11:01 PM
I know STS made a change a few weeks back where instead of getting a legendary item in every locked crate, you would only get one in every few crates, but it's obvious this change was not enough. They need to be scaled back much further.

It is only 2 days into the new season, and I did a quick search in the auction: This afternoon there were 476 level 35/36 legendary weapons for sale in the auction, and over 400 of them were the crate pinks, the lowest of which were selling for 350 gold. At this rate, in another week it won't even be worth selling them anymore as they will be worth less than the listing fee. They will just be junk to liquidate for 8 gold each.

I think they need to be scaled back much further. At this point you would be better off getting 2k gold than getting one of these crate pinks, as 90% of the crate pinks are worth less than 2k. 2k gold was supposed to be the worst possibility. But many of these crate pinks are far worse than that.

Wutzgood
08-31-2013, 11:03 PM
It's still better than when you got around 20 gold from crates when you got all epic and rare stuff. Be happy 2k is the worst you can do.

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 11:27 PM
It's still better than when you got around 20 gold from crates when you got all epic and rare stuff. Be happy 2k is the worst you can do.

My point was that the worst you can do is one of those crate pinks worth 300 gold. 2k gold SHOULD be the worst you can do. STS needs to adjust the drop rate of these crate pinks to whatever it must be to make them have some value. Legendary items should NOT be worth 300 gold. That sounds more like the price of what epics should be.

Carapace
08-31-2013, 11:36 PM
We love the nerf hammer, we can bring it out for another whack! :wink:

We'll take a look and see if it needs to be scaled back again next week.

xXz21
08-31-2013, 11:42 PM
i think open chest on arcane legens sucks.. spend money for open locked LOL u need buy 90$ for maybe get what? nothing on locked..

With 90$ i can buy Battlefield 4 pre-order cost 60$ and i have 30$ more for buy Garden warfare on Origin or i can buy STEAM games this are a original GAMES and if u buy 1 u have it for all ur life and Arcane leges maybe on 3-4 years can have 50 people active playing.. i have played to much mmorpg and now have maybe 100-200 players on..

Valsacar
08-31-2013, 11:44 PM

While you're in there... perhaps you could look at why crate pinks have been dex happy for 3 seasons... since the first started.

Limsi
08-31-2013, 11:49 PM
i think open chest on arcane legens sucks.. spend money for open locked LOL u need buy 90$ for maybe get what? nothing on locked..

With 90$ i can buy Battlefield 4 pre-order cost 60$ and i have 30$ more for buy Garden warfare on Origin or i can buy STEAM games this are a original GAMES and if u buy 1 u have it for all ur life and Arcane leges maybe on 3-4 years can have 50 people active playing.. i have played to much mmorpg and now have maybe 100-200 players on..

Okay goodluck on that. Since you've played a lot of Mmorpg games, I'm sure you're aware of the "gambling" part.. it's not rocket science

Carapace
09-01-2013, 12:02 AM
While you're in there... perhaps you could look at why crate pinks have been dex happy for 3 seasons... since the first started.

This has to do with itemization and not creating items that are superior to elite and normal legendary drops that come from playing. The stats are nice, but not preferred for this reason, as players farming for the good stuff is more interesting while the crate gear can help you find them.

Energizeric
09-01-2013, 01:34 AM
This has to do with itemization and not creating items that are superior to elite and normal legendary drops that come from playing. The stats are nice, but not preferred for this reason, as players farming for the good stuff is more interesting while the crate gear can help you find them.

Yes, what you say here makes sense for warrior and sorcerer gear. But for rogues the crate gear is wonderful.

I made another thread last week discussing why rogues have ruled the leaderboards in almost all categories for 3 seasons now. I think we all agree that with full mythic gear, all of the classes are pretty balanced in PvP. But if you were to give a player in each class 10k to buy his entire gear, and then have them compete against each other, there is no doubt that the rogue will have a big advantage because of the cheap crate gear that is dex happy. A rogue can gear up for about 2k and have better stats than a sorcerer can for 10k. During season 2 & 3 this gave rogues a big advantage, and is the main reason they ruled PvP and PvE during those seasons. Since the leaderboards do not reset, rogues have insurmountable leads in many of those categories.

Obviously we cannot go back and have a do-over. But going forward it would be nice to have the cheap crate gear mixed up between dex, str and int as all gear is. Yes the crate gear should be not as good as the legendary gear that drops in the dungeons, but it could still have the correct stats for each class and just have the totals toned down slightly.

Revealing
09-01-2013, 02:56 AM

Yay another hammer

How much hanmers do u have?

Maunyabastian
09-01-2013, 04:45 AM
Don't open crates then.
It's a normal cycle. So don't cry if you don't get any mythic or arcane items.