PDA

View Full Version : mythic ring and amulet vs legendary 36 ring and amulet

mapenjay
09-01-2013, 01:57 PM
why is it legendary 36 is op than mythics? devs said mythics will be the best of their kind for 1 more expansion, what happen?

Energizeric
09-01-2013, 02:07 PM
As far as I can see, mythics are still the best of their kind....

Mythic Sword & Shield is still the best tanking sword/shield combo (has the highest armor of any warrior weapon)
Mythic Bow has the highest damage of any bow
Mythic Gun has the highest damage of any gun
Mythic Helm & Armor both get upgraded via a quest
Mythic Ring still has best overall stats of any ring
Mythic Amulets -- I only checked the lunar pendant, but this still seems to have the best stats of any amulet for sorcerer

mapenjay
09-01-2013, 02:25 PM
have you seen the legendary ring of assault lvl 36? 41 int 21dex 2.8dmge vs myth ring giving 30 str dex

Energizeric
09-01-2013, 02:33 PM
have you seen the legendary ring of assault lvl 36? 41 int 21dex 2.8dmge vs myth ring giving 30 str dex

Yes, I did. I believe when I tried equipping it in the preview window of the auction it gave +2.3 damage (less than a 1% increase), but I lost more than 300 health (more than 10% drop in health) and lost some dodge & crit too. Hardly worth the tradeoff LOL. The mythic ring is way better.

falmear
09-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Mythic ring doesn't have the best damage any longer. There are at least 3 rings which have better damage then the mythic ring:

1) Level 36 Legend ring of assault (haven't seen it yet but I assume it does)
2) Level 36 Archon Ring of assault (+3.1 Damage)
3) Level 36 Ensorcelled Ring of Brutality (+0.1 Damage)

However the mythic ring gives the most amount of health then any other ring with a small reduction in damage. If you don't like your mythic ring sell it and buy one of these. Stats wise its hard to tell if Ashral Shard of Fatality is better then Lunar Pendant because '4% BonusDamage' is rather ambiguous. And without testing it, you don't know if the end result means more damage.

Also I see this as buyer beware, its easy enough to go back and check to see how things scaled from level 21 to level 26 to level 31. I posted this multiple times in the forum that the mythic ring wouldn't be the best damage ring for mage because the Legend ring of assault was only -0.4 damage. All this complaining just gets stuff nerfed. I frequently use different equipment for different situations, so I am glad that there is some higher damage rings out there that I can try to pick up. I'll be using these for timed runs. If I need a lot of HP like for elite, then I'll use my mythic ring.

Butterysesh
09-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Compared to my legend ring lv 36 mythic ring brings down -11 int and -2.3 dmg
. Not worth the 3.7m difference imo

mapenjay
09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
whats the point in buying and looting this accessories and the sense of being a mythic rarity class if they are fairly close to those pinks, legendaries will ruin the price of mythics

gundamsone
09-01-2013, 07:36 PM
New rings add 2.5% damage increase (similar to pets that give off dmg bonuses like HJ, Slag, Abbandon, Loki, etc)
New amulets gives off % damage bonus increases (which I don't exactly know what this adds to)

The L.31 mythics added value to main stats, HP/Mana vs L.36 adding to dmg/bonus dmg
ex. If I hit 3000 dmg, with the new ring I would hit 3000 + 2.5% (another 70 dmg)

It would take far too much testing to determine if having extra bonus dmg is better than having bit more HP and Mana.
I guess it comes down to personal preference but as a pvper, I still highly value base stats.
For me 207 HP + 300 Mana > 1.5 dmg + 2.5% damage multiplier

Valsacar
09-01-2013, 09:14 PM
However the mythic ring gives the most amount of health then any other ring with a small reduction in damage. If you don't like your mythic ring sell it and buy one of these. Stats wise its hard to tell if Ashral Shard of Fatality is better then Lunar Pendant because '4% BonusDamage' is rather ambiguous. And without testing it, you don't know if the end result means more damage.

That is nothing ambiguous about it, it adds 4% to your Bonus Damage stat.

The bonus damage stat increases dmg that items have, it's really quite simple. If something adds 1 dmg and I have 350% bonus dmg, it adds... a bonus of 3.5 dmg. It's quite simple, go find a ring that adds dmg but does not change your primary stat (if you're a sorc, don't get dex either, only str rings). Equip it and see that your dmg goes up more than the advertised. If you do a little math, you'll see the increase is the bonus dmg %.

All of that is factored in, so you see the true stat increases with the astral shard.

mapenjay
09-01-2013, 10:00 PM
yeah we know this, the problem here is people are just looking for the given stats of the item not all of us are doing this experiment or something

Valsacar
09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
yeah we know this, the problem here is people are just looking for the given stats of the item not all of us are doing this experiment or something

And if you read the last line of my post, you'll see where I stated IT IS ALREADY FACTORED IN WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE STATS.

Energizeric
09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
New amulets gives off % damage bonus increases (which I don't exactly know what this adds to)

I can help explain this to you....

You will notice on your stat page there is a stat called "bonus damage". This statistic is how your total damage is calculated. For example, let's suppose your weapon has 80 damage, your helm adds 6 damage, you armor adds 6 damage, your ring adds 3 damage, and your amulet adds 3 damage. That means your total base damage from all of your gear is 98. And let's suppose your naked toon without any gear has 10 base damage.

[Keep in mind I am talking about "damage" and not "dps". Weapon statistics usually show in dps (damage per second), not in damage. A good dps weapon like daggers could have 120 dps, which could mean 80 damage and makes 1.5 hits per second. A slower and more damage oriented weapon like a warrior hammer could have 80 dps, which could mean 120 damage but only one hit every 1.5 seconds.]

So in the example above where your total base damage of all your gear is 98, and your naked toon makes another 10, your total base damage would be 108. Now let's suppose your "bonus damage" stat is 300%. That means your total damage listed listed on your stat page would be 324 (108 x 300%).

I guess it comes down to personal preference but as a pvper, I still highly value base stats.
For me 207 HP + 300 Mana > 1.5 dmg + 2.5% damage multiplier

I agree!

It's very simple and I don't get why more players don't understand these general concepts. When you are in pvp, it is a contest of health vs damage. Each time you hit your opponent, you cause his health to decrease. Each time he hits you, it causes your health to decrease. Whoever runs out of health first loses.

Give those facts, it would make sense that both health and damage are equally important. Therefore, it's all about percentages. If I can give up 5% of my damage while gaining 10% health, then that trade is worth making every single time. Yet I see players giving up 10-15% of their health so they can gain 1% damage. That's just silly.

Yes, it's correct that in PvE health matters less as you can just spam pots (although if the boss can "one hit" you, then that doesn't help either). But in PvP health is just as important as damage, and both of those are the 2 single most important stats.

mapenjay
09-02-2013, 01:54 AM
how bout a lil buff on mythic ring and amulets? to stop confusions

abihakim
09-04-2013, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=Energizeric;1249362]I can help explain this to you....

You will notice on your stat page there is a stat called "bonus damage". This statistic is how your total damage is calculated. For example, let's suppose your weapon has 80 damage, your helm adds 6 damage, you armor adds 6 damage, your ring adds 3 damage, and your amulet adds 3 damage. That means your total base damage from all of your gear is 98. And let's suppose your naked toon without any gear has 10 base damage.

[Keep in mind I am talking about "damage" and not "dps". Weapon statistics usually show in dps (damage per second), not in damage. A good dps weapon like daggers could have 120 dps, which could mean 80 damage and makes 1.5 hits per second. A slower and more damage oriented weapon like a warrior hammer could have 80 dps, which could mean 120 damage but only one hit every 1.5 seconds.]

So in the example above where your total base damage of all your gear is 98, and your naked toon makes another 10, your total base damage would be 108. Now let's suppose your "bonus damage" stat is 300%. That means your total damage listed listed on your stat page would be 324 (108 x 300%).

Hey, just compared the stats with Epic amulet lv 31, and ashral amulet cant even beat the stats of epic amulet