PDA

View Full Version : Working on a enchantress. need some advice

Rextab
11-01-2010, 08:25 AM
First off, what are the ideal stats for a mage?
With warriors you need str and then dex to make sure you are hit capped.
Archer is pure dex. That's easy.
With enchantress (pure) i need mostly int, but do i need dex too to ensure spells dont miss or just stack int?
i want to make a pure caster class. i don't really want to make a paladin or dextress since i have a tank and archer respectively.

ability wise i dont want to be an absolute nuker. i would like to lend support as well.
i was thinking of putting 1 point into rez and mana shield, 5 points in all the buff/debuffs, 5 points in heal, 5 in lighting and firestorm, 5 in life drain, and either 2 in ice storm or 1 in ice storm and 1 in frostbite.

or

Ellyidol
11-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Judging from previous posts, and computations of others, DEX seems to add more damage overall. It adds more to your base damage which equates to skill damage, and adds crit which means more damage overtime when it crits. Since your not going for a hybrid, I'd suggest enough int to use the gear you want, then all into dex.

Skills look good. I personally maxed out mana shield because I had spare points, but its all up to you really. The important skills are maxed.

Rextab
11-01-2010, 08:39 AM
so what is the max int value needed at level 45 and level 50 to equip caster items? i could stop there and throw at least enough Dex in to reach the 100% hit cap. more would be good potentially to avoid debuffs from enemies that may lower my hit chances.
that was my thought on dex too. it adds hit and crit which should equal more damage. i just think it might be important because i have noticed my spells tend to miss quite a bit with pure int.
dex also increase dodge. might be good to help keep a squishy from getting hit a few times. save me long enough to get a mana shield or heal off.

so the skills look good? ive noticed most dont max out ice storm. not sure why, i guess there isnt enough of a damage boost per point. if thats the case ive thought about putting 1 point into that and 1 point into frost bite. reason for this is i won't always have an ice staff and being able to freeze a pursuer at long range might be handy.

Ellyidol
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm not familiar with 45 since I've only really started fiddling with stats at 50. You can opt to have the simple 154 dex (enough to equip a cosmos helm), which boosts it to 165 int, where you can equip whatever gear you want.

Or you can do the stats requiring lower level int pink equipment to boost your int to equip the level 50 gear. This would need a base of 126 int + 4 pieces of int pink gear with 7 int each, totalling to 126+28 = 154.

I'm not sure if spells miss per se, or if just normal attacks do. So I wouldn't really know if it was because of your hit, or if it was just your normal attack missing and the miss icon times with your spells.

As for the skills, the only reason I can see maxing or putting more stats into ice storm is this. 2-6 freeze time basing on the level, 2 for lvl 1, 3 for lvl 2,... 6 for lvl 5. I don't know if it works like that, or if its just a random 2-6 freeze at level 1, but thats the only reason I see aside from the small increase in max damage.

Rextab
11-01-2010, 08:55 AM
ya i am not sure if they miss or not, but i have certainly seen my spells hit for no damage or my debuffs not take effect.
i think i would do it like for a bear tank...setup the maximum int to equip any gear at the max level, and then put everything else in dex to boost hit, crit, and dodge. so 165 is the maximum int for an item currently?

Ellyidol
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I've gotten that too. When I try to combo my ice+fire. Though I think it might be that your skill has hit its "max" number of targets, so it seemed like it missed on some mobs but it actually didnt even hit.

The highest stat requirement for int gear is 158.

Royce
11-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Skills can miss (and crit for that matter, which is why Dex still prevails over Int). The highest Int requirements for level 45 gear are 142 Int.

Rextab
11-01-2010, 10:15 AM
k so 142 at 45 and 158 at 50. ill stack the rest in dex.
thanks all.

edit:
i respec'd my enchantress to 142 (even though im at 33) just to make sure i dont have to think about the points. i can just throw DEX in for the next 12 levels. Then once i hit that i will be tossing points into INT until i hit the 158 int cap, then back to DEX. I figure I will hit the new Int cap at level 47, but before that if you count the int on equipped gear.
now i just need to figure out exactly how to spec the skills.
i only put one point in mana shield since the effect of mana shield doesnt increase with level as far as i can tell, only the armor boost it gives you in addition to the shield. that amount of armor won't amount to much against more than one or two mobs, so i figured one point would be sufficient.

2nd edit:
after taking my enchantress for a spin with the new point distribution i can already tell a HUGE difference in my damage output. just simply not missing (which i could tell i was before) and the slightly higher crit has increased my dps substantially.